nitrox100

Post Whore Filter

I'd like to see a way to filter out posts from people that have many more posts than jumps. Another useful item would be to filter by total # of posts. For example there are some interesting things on the board but they are usually lost in the noise of post whores like Aggiedave, Phreezone, Kallend, freeflir29 and so forth.

An average # of posts per day filter could be useful too in that it could eliminate wasting your time reading from future whores. Anyone that posts 6 times a day here (and is not a moderator) I most likely don't want to see on my screen. They just cause clutter.

I don't jump canopies loaded over 2.5:1 and I sure don't want to read opinions from someone whose post to jump ratio is say 3:1.

No offense, but that's a stupid idea. I can make my jump numbers anything I want, so the filter would effectively be useless.

And most post whoring is done in the Bonfire. Just stay out of it, and be selective about who you listen to in the topical forums.

I don't see the value in this.

While there's a lot of noise in the Speaker's Corner and The Bonfire, the topical forums are pretty well moderated.

Why discount AggieDave's TI experience? Or Kallend's RW experience? Or Phreezone's extensive gear experience? Well, that leaves us Clay, and he's just Clay.;)

If you don't like the clutter, stick to the topical forums and out of the Community section. But, this is a web forum and communication is what this site is for.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

See such a filter would have kept me from even seeing this reply. The fact that you have 7000+ postings total or 10+ per day would have made you invisible to me. You can lie about your jump numbers here or at the DZ. But people will just think "wow, for someone with 5,000 jumps you really stink"

7000 posts and a couple hundred jumps? Hmmmm.

holy shit guys, My skygod filter is going off.

how about a chrage per post, like in skydiving? we could pay as much per post as we do for a jump ticket, that way its all cool.

or better yet, before we post we could PM you to get your approval. how's that? Yup, I've been here for 5 1/2 years my posts are way higher than my jump numbers. since you can disregard my posts than We should disregard yours and from this point on we can all be happy!

blue skies.
oh yea, and don';t take yourself to seriously, otherwise no-one will give any credibility to your opionin. sometimes you just need to chill out, and this is the place I do it.

A cooler Idea is to limit the allowable discussion at a dropzone. who needs all that talk when you could be getting more experience???
My photos

My Videos

Wheres Spence and his infamous words that give him a vacation?

BTW nice D number, I heard there is a rule you cant lie about your lisence number.....

Im really a skygod, Ive got more jumps then freeflir has posts so STFU ,

if ya dont like it dont read it SF:ph34r: (smile equals out the SF and STFU )
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

The fact that you have 7000+ postings total or 10+ per day

wow, so he would of had like 1 post per forum.. that is way to much you are right....... oh and if you didn't notice, it's very easy to post 10 times just trying to get an idea across that is hard to comprehend and when it is very technical.....

See such a filter would have kept me from even seeing this reply. The fact that you have 7000+ postings total or 10+ per day would have made you invisible to me. You can lie about your jump numbers here or at the DZ. But people will just think "wow, for someone with 5,000 jumps you really stink"

7000 posts and a couple hundred jumps? Hmmmm.

Yeah - she is somwhat of a newbie - i can see why you wouldn't want her to speak until spoken to.

Think -
"Therapy"

Therapy does a whiner good.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Very Interesting considering that your D# is Bogus!

You are therefore a Post Whore yourself with this post. :)
Troll on little guy!

Too bad I did not post this because Kelly would have gone insane on it! ;):ph34r::DB|
If I had posted it that is. :D

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Very Interesting considering that your D# is Bogus!

You are therefore a Post Whore yourself with this post. :)
Troll on little guy!

Too bad I did not post this because Kelly would have gone insane on it! ;):ph34r::DB|

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

Go get some REAL post numbers - and come back to play.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Go get some REAL post numbers - and come back to play.

Oh Damn! I have a life! DZ.com is not it! :D

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

:D:D:D:D OMG!!! :D:D:D:D

Good thing I'm not trying to learn things from you. Yesh! If I have a couple of topics that I have questions on - where to do a first BASE jump, where to get the correct training to do a BASE jump, where to get the best experience using a wingsuit, how to better my landings, etc. - whew! That's 4 topics that I'm sure I could put up at least 3 questions in the threads on to get more information/clarification on them that would help me learn....heck...you could definitely ignore those kinds of questions as that would put me over your "limit" on the amount of questions I'm able to ask to acquire knowledge.

Thank God that most of the skydivers/BASE jumpers that I have enjoyed talking with and learning from do not have the SkyGod attitude that you do.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

It never fails to baffle me….

Why do so many worry about what others read, watch, do, like or believe? You can always not read it, not watch it, not do it, not like it or not believe it… but why insist others do the same? This is really confusing.

ps. what do jump numbers have to do with this forum? One with a stated theme of “non-skydiving” discussions...one that has evidently evolved to a place for adrenalin junky (type A-Z) personalities to vent, babble incoherently, postulate, pontificate, hit on each other and plot takeover of undefended small island nations. A gazillion studies support the position that doses of escapism are healthy (unless it’s out the door at 13k with no rig).
-------------------
...if ignorance is bliss, I'm in Nirvana... you don't know what you don't know 'til you don't know it.

GravityGone

This idea has some merit.:|

I've seen BBS's with a kill post feature by user name. Set up a personal list of users you want filtered out of threads you view and all response to those users.

I can think of at least one user I'd put on my list.:P

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I asked a long time ago for a kill file for certain users. Though i don't want it for the same reasons as yours, i sure wish it was available.

Yeah - But I bribed all the greenies and now you are stuck with me - Bwaahahahahaha>:(

Great idea, this way when following a conversation you can just hear bits and pieces of it, mabey even re-post something that somebody else already said so everyone else has to read the same idea 2, 3, or 4 times.. Having people cut out of the conversation you wouldnt even be able to follow what everyone is talking about half the time.. :S

Seriously... [:/]

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.