mailin

Listing locations

Yeah that's a good idea.. by the end of a long interesting thread, there seem to be tons of popups where I've looked at profiles to see location etc :)
Edit to add:

And / or how about listing user registration dates? I know there's two sides to every coin and it could have it's disadvantages, but for example with this post:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1017404;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

The user had been a member of the forum for 1 day and made 1 post, that one being it.. if their registration date had been listed, it might have given a clear sudden indication as to possible motives or types of posting.. wether they'd lurked or not and so forth?

Just an idea.

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

My guess is it's probably in response to all the post whoring that was going on in talk back.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

perhaps you can list location in its place? I know I'm always looking to see where people are from.

agreed.
we used to be able to search by drop zone. when that was removed we could still search by state.
now that has been removed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

Count me in on location.
BUT, being based in a town with more than one DZ around (Vancouver: Pitt Meadows and Abbottsford DZs), and also having different Home DZs in different countries set my home DZ count to 3, the possible DZs in my area to 2.

Thus i would prefer the town where i live (and might team up with others for a ride to a DZ) as the location for posting.

Overall, GREAT improvements! I really really really like it!;)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Good idea, i was just coming to to suggest it myself.

Even just country would be really good, but if theres room, home DZ would be cool too :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

You have my vote with the little that it counts for here. I enjoy looking for other jumpers from my home state, my current state that I reside in, or even where I may want to jump someday at. Let it be brought back!
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

I think that a location in the mini profile would be great! And much apreciated by all. I'm always looking at profiles to see where someone is posting from... But then again, How much info can there be in those mini profiles before the regular profiles are obsolete?

The Mini profiles seem to me like necessary information in judging ones credibility when reading their post. A location has almost nothing to do with credibility issues.

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky