bbl

Hanging harness Pictures

I was wondering what you use are your DZ for your AFF hanging harness cutaway system? Do you have them hanging or do you just do the procedures on the ground? Can you post your pictures to show the differences or similarities.

Hanging harness in action from Safety Day attached...

Dave

I call that being prepared for just about any emergency! I can tell by the beer in the left pocket, though I'm not 100% sure where it works into the EP flow chart.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Either his practice paid off, or he really needed more... Same guy, last friday...

It was his 7th cutaway, by the way. I think he can do it with his eyes closed just fine now. Although I'm not sure you can count this as a cutaway, since the main never left. All he needs now is packing training. :)
Dave

I thought we solved that problem with "Grommet Mania 2000."
Grommet Mania 2000 started with James Martin dying in Perris with a suspension line snagged on a loose grommet in a Reflex. A month later a German suffered the same malfunction - and same fate - in Eloy.

Tell his rigger to go re-read SP SB 03032000 Revision B.

This wasn't a grommet problem. Rig was a fairly new javelin. The grommet is very well protected. It was probably caused by sloppy packing, allowing a line to get over the webbing that holds the closing loop. The line wrapped the webbing and cinched it down.

Dave

A triangular loop anchor might help, but I still think the best loop anchor is found in Wings, because it is sewn to the reserve container across both the top and bottom ends, making it almost impossible to snag a line.

That's why I far prefer the closing loop to be mounted in the bottom flap.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.