feuergnom

whats wrong with this picture

yeah i know that all i have to do is to remind them..... but all you get back is just a shrug or the usual mind your own business answer. not to speak of if you dare to point to mandatory safety bulletins .....

sadly enough this was a TI in training :S

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Thats a no brainer then if he is in training...If it was an oversite on his part to tighten the strap, then thats what the examiner is there for and should always review his instructor canidates, if he was reminded and blew off good advice then I know personally as a Vector/Sigma examiner my decision would be an easy one...Loss of rating and UPT(RWS) would back me up 100%. Any safty violation or poor decision making are both reasons to stop training and pull ratings. If his examiner lets things like that go maybe he needs to be reminded or needs to re-think being an examiner.

Often times additional adjustments will be made after the initial gear up.

Was this the case or did they board and jump like this?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

guess what: they boarded and jumped like this :| i tried to talk with the instructor examiner - but to no avail...

i guess things work different outside of the U.S., the dz where i made the photo is in kunovice/czech republic

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

i guess things work different outside of the U.S., the dz where i made the photo is in kunovice/czech republic

Well why didntcha say so?

It don't count then!
Good beer in that region though!
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Often times additional adjustments will be made after the initial gear up.

If they are in training the TE should insist they do gear up by the book. The book is to tighten the back strap before the MLWs and leg straps.

Well why didntcha say so?

It don't count then!
Good beer in that region though!

Sure it does. UPTs standards are minimums for any course anywhere in the world (assuming that is a vector harness).

1) Like many have said... The lumbar / back strap (forgive me if I use the wrong word, not a TI), is way way too loose.

2) She has way too many clothes on. (J/K) :D

3) But serioulsy... forgive my ignorance, but is the "Y-mod" to the student harness really "mandatory"?

...guess what: they boarded and jumped like this ...

Holy Crap Batman! They jumped like that!!??

Anyway, I surfed over to Strong's website (as it appears to be a Strong Dual Hawk Tandem harness in question) and if I read SB #24 correctly... and press release circa November 1, 2006... it doesn't look like its mandatory... if it is, what am I missing?? OBTW... I'm not saying its a bad idea. It looks like all new Strong Tandem (student) Harnesses are being built with the Y-mod and all existing harnesses sans Y-mod are getting it when they cycle through the factory regardless.

Anyway, I surfed over to Strong's website (as it appears to be a Strong Dual Hawk Tandem harness in question) and if I read SB #24 correctly... and press release circa November 1, 2006... it doesn't look like its mandatory... if it is, what am I missing?? OBTW... I'm not saying its a bad idea. It looks like all new Strong Tandem (student) Harnesses are being built with the Y-mod and all existing harnesses sans Y-mod are getting it when they cycle through the factory regardless. ***

It is a Sigma harness.

Anyway, I surfed over to Strong's website (as it appears to be a Strong Dual Hawk Tandem harness in question) and if I read SB #24 correctly... and press release circa November 1, 2006... it doesn't look like its mandatory... if it is, what am I missing?? OBTW... I'm not saying its a bad idea. It looks like all new Strong Tandem (student) Harnesses are being built with the Y-mod and all existing harnesses sans Y-mod are getting it when they cycle through the factory regardless. ***

It is a Sigma harness.

:S
Okay, do Sigma harnesses get a Y-mod too or something like it... thought that was just on Strong's??

Sigma harness don't have the Y mod. But in each and every Sigma owner manual there is a section on the student harness adjustement guide. The same thing can be found on UPT web site. Every new instructor should receive that manual from his examiner during his course. How to adjust the passenger harness is a very important part of my course when I teach to a new TI. He have to dress a lot of different size passenger during his course before I let him go. It is not harder and it doesn't take more time to do it well but they have to be teach the right way first.

Richard
When you think you're good...this is when you become dangerous.

even in a slow forum like "instructors" i am happy this thread hasn't vanished within three days :)
i have received requests to reveal the T-IE's identity, so things could be "made clear" and "errors could be explained in a thorough way".
Good intentions are appreciated, but i seriously doubt, that a message from a u.s. T-IE to a T-IE in czech republic, speaking only very little english, would be of any use, if not counter-productive. maybe if bill booth spoke up himself, but even then...

edit: it's a sigma harness/system

dudeist skydiver # 666

Good intentions are appreciated, but i seriously doubt, that a message from a u.s. T-IE to a T-IE in czech republic, speaking only very little english, would be of any use, if not counter-productive.

If it would save a life maybe it is worth trying. I hardly believe it would be counter productive...
Mykel AFF-I10

:)

guess what: they boarded and jumped like this i tried to talk with the instructor examiner - but to no avail...

Both the T I/E & his in training TI should go back to ground school.

The market have a lot of low level TI but also many
well trained TI.

It is too easy today being a TI, the spec. are too low !!!

TI = 1 person skydiving Captain.

Safe Jumps !!!