NSEMN8R

The Tandus from EG Wingsuits

JP,

Can you expand on that. Have questions about the drogue, EP's etc.
TI; but not a Birdman, so am not versed in the complexities of combining the two and the thought behind it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

As a stunt for two highly experience skydivers, it's just that, a well planned stunt.

As for something to do with a first timer? As a TI you must out fly your student, no matter what they do with their body. It can be hard enough when you get someone with long limbs or light weight body.

Now give your student wings that multiply the flying surface they have.:|

Why anyone would think that making a first time skydive MORE dangeous is a good idea is beyond me.

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Now give your student wings that multiply the flying surface they have.:|

I missed the bit where it said the student had wings - maybe it's just the TM that does?

Obviously it's hard to know anything without a photo or drawing. However it seems there are three options

a-TI/TM wears the wings, student does not
b-Student wears wings, TI/TM does not
c-both have some sort of wing

In the event of A, wouldn't the TM/TI potentially be restricted, thus causing a slower response in a difficult situation?

In the event of B, it seems a student could really mess up the TM/TI, but maybe not.

In the event of C, what would happen if the TM/TI and the student were not of equal position, and were at odds with each other with regard to airflow?

Could it be that they intend this suit only for experienced skydivers, and training for wingsuits? Would it still be a bad idea if used for skydivers with at least 200 jumps re; the BSRs for wingsuiting?

There are so many risks with so few rewards ... Would the TI be able to estimate their glide ratio to determine their spot, flight pattern, etc...

With the drogue out your looking at minimal movement.

I'm probably wrong, but it seems to me that part of the idea is that the wings would "replace" the drogue, as the wings would significantly impact vertical speed and stay subterminal.

or, maybe that page went up on April 1, and we're all just late on an april fool's joke.:D

I'm probably wrong, but it seems to me that part of the idea is that the wings would "replace" the drogue, as the wings would significantly impact vertical speed.

or, maybe that page went up on April 1, and we're all just late on an april fool's joke.:D

I am hoping its a joke.

Not deploying the drogue is a foolish idea and a violation.

I'm probably wrong, but it seems to me that part of the idea is that the wings would "replace" the drogue, as the wings would significantly impact vertical speed.

I am hoping its a joke.

Not deploying the drogue is a foolish idea and a violation.

Have you seen the Atmonauti Tandem? Done in Europe on European gear so no violation (depending on country's regulatory body? As for foolish...
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Yes I have. If being done with first time jumpers it's foolish.

I don't know what PdF's position on drogue throw is, but I do know what the US manufaturer's say, and what our regulatory body, the USPA says.

Nick told me he expects it to take a while to catch on in the US. He did say there are some guys in South America that are very excited about it though. I think we should reserve judgement until we at least see what he comes up with. I know the dude is nuts, but that doesn't automatically mean he doesn't have some good ideas.

As far as how the suit works, I just posted the way Nick described it to me in the wingsuit forum if you're interested.

Not going into the argument of what is foolish and what is not...

I have jumped a wingsuit twice and man it takes the crap out of your arms, now if you think that you are flying twice the weight with just your strength to fly it it must really take a lot out of you if there is no drogue. if there is a drogue, then that just kills a lot of the forward movement.

Ok now on top of the strength that you will need to fly it now add the landing, and think of the strength that you have used on the ohh shit moments when you had to deal with a malfunction.

Whats the benefit of adding wear and tear to the instructor, just to show who doesn't know anything about skydiving what wingsuit flight is about. If they are really that interested then follow the normal steps, first learn to skydive then get into a wingsuit.

Why try to run before you can crawl? Are you really transferring the feeling of flying a wingsuit to a passenger? it feels great if you are the one flying it, but if your body is just trailing does it really feel the same? and not only no but hell no to giving the student a wingsuit.

Maybe the people who have used a wingsuit and rode one in rodeo position can tell us if it is the same feeling flying or riding a flyier.

Response from Mark Procos, General Manager at UPT (posted with permission):

I will add a statement to our website preventing people from doing wing suit Tandem jumps until I can get some more information.

It is our policy that a Tandem Master may not intentionally do any type of tandem jump that could possibly interfere with the TM's or TI’s ability to perform his/her emergency procedures.

There are definite problems associated with EP’s on the current wing suite designs that I am familiar with. We have in the past been involved with test jumps with wing suits and this is where we came up with the possible problems with EP’s. There were many other problems that came to light after we performed the jumps that we did not anticipate.

Mark

Arrive Safely

John

Nick told me he expects it to take a while to catch on in the US. He did say there are some guys in South America that are very excited about it though. I think we should reserve judgement until we at least see what he comes up with. I know the dude is nuts, but that doesn't automatically mean he doesn't have some good ideas.

As far as how the suit works, I just posted the way Nick described it to me in the wingsuit forum if you're interested.

There is NO reason to complicate a jump with a first timer. Period.

Anyone thinking this is a good idea should have their rating yanked out of their hand.

They probably said that about square canopies when they 1st came out
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?