NSEMN8R

The Tandus from EG Wingsuits

dude,..when somebody wants to go to the edge and he wants to do it on his own, its ok...
be a pioneer and develop new ideas and if you fuck up...you come to the historybooks...

BUT we are talking about doing sick shit with INNOCENT STUDENTS they are use to trust us...
and we wanne risk to kill them for our amusement?

in tandemjumping with 270 sqf mains and wingsuits are more then a bad idea....

we are not able to fuck gravity....
gravity fucks us if we sleep for a second....:P

Maybe we could give EG some safety and marketing credit here. What if this "tandem wingsuit" is really not intended to do anything performance or flight wise? Maybe it's intended to get an extra $100 from the student. If the suit costs $1200, you'd make your money back in 12 jumps.

Seriously, maybe this is just a clever marketing money scheme and not actually intended to attempt a real tandem wingsuit flight. If the student offered you an exta $100 to put on a cheesy "wingsuit" that didn't realy do more than look cool, would you?

--Simon
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

No.

I can't say I'm not for "upgrading" tandem jumps, but there should be something of substance offered for paying more. Video, handcam, higher altitude, ect.

Fleecing someone out of $100 for no added value would not sit well with me.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

wow... so it just turned from no don't worry about it its not a safety risk cuz its just a scam, and that is supposed to be ok?

That is even worse than any of the issues that were raised before.

So now you intend to ripp students off, cuz they dont know any better? While you are at it, why dont you add the cost of weather insurance and backflip exit. >:(

Yeah great way to earn you some safety and marketing credit, even better convince all those who dont want to use the wingsuit, to charge extra for being "safer" by not using it . :S

If you are marketing this as a it looks cooler suit, then you better call it that, and make sure that you tell your students that it doesn't do anything else but that.

Not a great way to introduce new jumpers into the sport.[:/]

John Loken and myself made a (probably the first) dual wingsuit tandem jump as a well planned stunt/test jump back in 2000 in DeLand. We both are very experienced skydivers/BirdMen and did a thorough planning and briefing. Our major concerns were (and still are) the restricted arm motion for proper drogue tossing and the potential for side spins due the larger surface on the student. We did a drogueless fall till about 8000ft and flew remarkably well. As soon as the drogue was set the forward motion was of course restricted. (clearly seen on the angle of the drogue bridle being about 30 degrees). We would not under any circumstance recommend to repeat this kind of jumps, especially with an unexperienced jumper in the front. Tandems are already more intense and considered not a normal skydive. Adding the all the potential hazards from wingsuit jumping into that is not a very smart idea.