tqsmile

Most experienced TI

i'll take a shot at this one:

ask either ted strong or bill booth, for those two invented the whole thing

would be a truly good read B|

ps: actually there are two or three shows with both of the guys on skydive radio. spares you the trouble to read
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

They know the gear, but in Bill Booth's experience, he only has around 500 some tandems. I know there are guys out there with 5000+ tandems. They may not have the grasp of the gear that Booth has, but I bet they have a bit more working knowledge in the discipline of tandem jumping.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

a guy celebrated his 10000th tandem in taupo new zealand last year, him and his partner had body paint on and looked like wild cats.

i know of others that have 8000+ and in some dropzones you cane expect 1000-1600 tandems per year!

I have 500 tandems in the last 12 months and from what i am used to seeing this is not much but most people say it is heaps.

i like to mix the sport jumps in as well as some video and aff.

"you can do 1000 jumps and you can do 1000 jumps the same" wendy smith said this once and how true it is.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

They know the gear, but in Bill Booth's experience, he only has around 500 some tandems. I know there are guys out there with 5000+ tandems. They may not have the grasp of the gear that Booth has, but I bet they have a bit more working knowledge in the discipline of tandem jumping.

I have a little over 1,000 tandems, but there are guys out there with over 10,000. Some people can simply take more abuse than others.

I have a little over 1,000 tandems, but there are guys out there with over 10,000. Some people can simply take more abuse than others.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It is no wonder that Bill Booth only has 1,000 tandems.
Those F-111, first generation tandem canopies (Pioneer High-Lifter 370, PD 360, Strong 425, Strong 520, Galaxy 400, etc.) were "abusive!"
I may have earned a tandem rating back in 1986, but I had to take a few years off to heal a herniated disc in my lower spine. The damaged ligament in my left knee has never fully healed.
Just the other day, I remarked that the 11 tandems - I did on Saturday - were not half as fatiguing as the 8 a day I used to do in my early days.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the correction.

Side note, when are yall going to update the RWS video? Ronnie Regan has been going in "5 to 10 seconds" for years now.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know there are guys out there with 5000+ tandems. .

so that means I don't qualify with my 17 tandems ? :| :D:D

Hi Piisfish

Depends were you driving or riding;)

From what I'm reading here If a person wants to do a lot of tandems it might pay to move someplace were most of the passengers are little people. Less wear and tear on the body.B|

BTW We're not a tandem driver either.[:/]

R.I.P.