anj4de

Jumbo PC just went to a lucky bidder...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/250996097427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks like the time when no one wanted old canopies is over. I was seriously in the race but got outbid in the last seconds. My congratulations to the lucky winner and PLEASE, do not turn it into a para sail! It deserves a long active skydive life...

Blue Skies
Uwe

PS: Didn't know PCs were made that late...
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci

More like lucky seller!

PT Barnum had it right when he said "There's a seat for every ass and an ass for every seat."

$810!!!!!

Hi Ladies and Gents

Do you all remember this post:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4241497;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I think it included a 24' belly wart, maybe army container that sold $250. Maybe from the 60's (I forget a lot these days)

Based on the prices we're seeing I think what we have here is the "antique effect":o thats right folks the senior, old gear, has now reached the antique value.

What does that make Hippie, SS, PC Chap, Amazon? They've graduated from collectors to investors.B| .

OTOH Some of us went from a senior jumper to a antique jumper in a yr or two.:oTo bad we moved to many times to haul those antiques around.

Enjoy
R.I.P.

BTW signed up for medicare todayB| I'm glad I made it. :)

More like lucky seller! $810 for the canopy alone. I haven't seen crazy bidding like that since 07 or 08 when I saw a 43 dated T-5 that was dyed pink go for $600. I still give my buddy a ration over buying it. HAHAHA! :P

Well, I think the buyer is lucky as well...to be honest, my pain limit for the chute was not that far below of what it sold for. I want to have/jump a PC and with my weight (220 out of the shower) a jumbo is the only safe choice. This and the condition and DOM of the chute for me made it quite valuable. It's a pity PCs are not made any more. I am sure that Paracommanders in ZP would sell...

In general, I believe we will see a renaissance of round chutes in the next couple of years...and seriously, why not? It's a bit like having a classic car and use it on summer Sunday evenings. :)
cheers
Uwe
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci

>>In general, I believe we will see a renaissance of round chutes in the next couple of years...
Bet ME and lose...been hearing n00bers say that for 30 years! :D

>>and seriously, why not? It's a bit like having a classic car and use it on summer Sunday evenings.
Yeah, a classic '71 Pinto in a Sunday evening demolition derby! ;)

BTW~ I have a couple hundred on a 'hi-performance' 24 foot Paillion @ 240' nekid...'jumbo' PC's are for grandpas!! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Uwe,
I hope you find the jumbo you’re looking for. It took me years and a couple of tries to land one and a complete system at that. Meanwhile, here are some pics of my jumbo in action. Eat your heart out. HAHAHA! :P;)B|

And yes Airtwardo, it lands ridiculously soft for a PC. No apologies!

Cheers,
Lucky508

>>In general, I believe we will see a renaissance of round chutes in the next couple of years...

Sorry, I think I worded wrongly what I was trying to say...of course rounds will never again have the same status and percentage of usage as squares, but I think we will see a growing community of people who will jump rounds just for leisure jumps...without any sport/competition thoughts in mind. There already are "vintage parachute" events here and there and maybe in a couple of years we will even see manufacturers stepping up again and offer new/old chutes for those who want one.

cheers
Uwe

-Leonardo da Vinci

Sorry, I think I worded wrongly what I was trying to say...of course rounds will never again have the same status and percentage of usage as squares, but I think we will see a growing community of people who will jump rounds just for leisure jumps...without any sport/competition thoughts in mind. There already are "vintage parachute" events here and there and maybe in a couple of years we will even see manufacturers stepping up again and offer new/old chutes for those who want one.

cheers
Uwe

I want to see a vintage acuracy round with the old gear and canopies...

Down wind into the peas is some FUN stuff:ph34r:

cheers
Uwe

I was asked NOT to do that anymore a few years ago...seems I set the pattern and there was a bit of discontent! :ph34r:

cheers
Uwe

Can't happen at my DZ any more...the young ones erased the peas and put a swoop lane in place instead...:(

-Leonardo da Vinci

cheers
Uwe

I was asked NOT to do that anymore a few years ago...seems I set the pattern and there was a bit of discontent! :ph34r:

I had an old piccie from about 1976 under my Papillion... downwind... and peas a flyin everywhere.... and that was when I was skinny...:ph34r:

Last accuracy jump I did under a round was in 2004 under a gutter gear old sporterized T-10 with a T U.... no peas.. I was only 20 ft from a dead center on the X... but crap that was some hard ground.. I SOOOO did not remember those things coming down that fast:ph34r:

I had an old piccie from about 1976 under my Papillion... downwind... and peas a flyin everywhere.... and that was when I was skinny...

Last accuracy jump I did under a round was in 2004 under a gutter gear old sporterized T-10 with a T U.... no peas.. I was only 20 ft from a dead center on the X... but crap that was some hard ground.. I SOOOO did not remember those things coming down that fast

Yeah me too...:o

I think it's got something to do with global warming! :)

I had an old piccie from about 1976 under my Papillion... downwind... and peas a flyin everywhere.... and that was when I was skinny...

Last accuracy jump I did under a round was in 2004 under a gutter gear old sporterized T-10 with a T U.... no peas.. I was only 20 ft from a dead center on the X... but crap that was some hard ground.. I SOOOO did not remember those things coming down that fast

Yeah me too...:o

I think it's got something to do with global warming! :)

Hi T & A ;)

I came up with a like wise excuse for all my nice jumping T-shirts not fitting anymore.

Damn T shirts were shrinking with age. No washing and drying required.:S Now XXl:P

Makes a person wonder what a origional jumping t-shirt from the wffc convention ot boggie in balie, or larry hills other DZ is worth?

R.
One Jump Wonder

yea I guess my friend in Yuma did buy it.... Did you Kurt.

yes he did.

wow, I am stunned by what the canopy went for.

I bet it's one of the very last PCs produced at Pioneer.

The pioneer logo was outstanding so it was almost like new.

Wonder how much it cost in 84 brand new.?

R.

I bet it's one of the very last PCs produced at Pioneer.

Pioneer were still picturing and listing the MC-4 (Military Para-Commander) on their website in 2009, so they were available for a lot longer than we might imagine. Though you probably had to be a government to buy any.

Wonder how much it cost in 84 brand new.?

In 1975 the attached from the PI catalogue shows a Jumbo as $95 more, at $650, than the price for a Mk1. Nowadays a Mk1 doesn't fetch much, but that Jumbo certainly did and quite rightly as its a rarity and that one was in great condition.

That was a typo in my post, it should have said, I guess my friend Didn't but it... meaning due to cost.

Kurt has been after me to sell him one of mine for a couple years now and when I saw that one I sent him a link, he told me he thought it would sell for a lot... I took that to mean he wasn't going spend a lot to get that... So I don't if he won or not, I didn't see the buyer info.

If he did buy it, maybe he'll let me jump it... I sure as hell hope a skydiver got it and not some moron who is going to parasail it.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo