Hooknswoop

New DZ Briefings

Richard... I've passed an RW group at 7k before and on both my video and the other guys we gave them 7 seconds in the door. Its kinda cool looking out and seeing a group below you then it gets on your level then you are looking up at it.
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

Richard, well, since you're not supposed to track up or down the flight line, then IF everyone is doing their job, everything will work. Personally, I've been opening when the RW crowd has been opening, although they were way away from me, up the fightline.
If the RW guys go out after the FF guys, then the RW guys would be opening directly above the FF guys come pull time. Scary.
"And who are you?"
"I'm...Batman..."

New DZ Checklist for me...
Watch a couple of people go through manifest so you don't look like too much a dumbass.
Look at, and study the map... alright, looks good, have landing patterns/areas, outs, where are the windsocks? etc.
Talk to other jumpers to sort out jump plans... Bigger RW team ahead of us said wait 10 seconds to jump, we waited 10 seconds after they launched + time it took my low-jump buttocks to get out on the step and still got screamed at after we landed
I'm a Newbie, so I might be over/under-doing it. This works for me, but may not for anybody else.
But at any rate, see a qualified instructor to confirm/deny anything I typed, after all, I'm a newbie too, and what do I know?

not if they drift, right? i've pulled early on more than on occasion because of this very thing. if your freeflying, you falling at a faster rate, right? so theoterically your at pull time before the rw divers, and they've been sliding all over the sky, so they shouldn't be on top of you when they pull. i do understand your thoughts though.
r.g.
hell, lets do it in drag, and be "uggins"

The safest, most cost effective option given a jump run into the wind is belly out first, if you don't believe it go to Omniskore.com and run the simulation. I dont' know of any skydiver who wants someone in freefall directly over them.This of course has been debated many times, but run it yourself. OH - and it depends on what type of crew, 8 way speed gets out low, so they get out first naturally.

At Perris, Crew is given their own pass at 11.5 at least 1 mile west and they definately get out FIRST!

This was true in Eloy, as well (at least, the one flight where I saw CReW get out). The plane made a pass at just under 10k for the dogs to leave, way outside the jump run. They were definately out first.

in no wind, I can see putting ff out first. Or if for some reason you're doing a crosswind or downwind jumprun.
Last time I was at Z-Hills, they were putting FF out first.
Never argue with stupid people.They just drag you down 2 their level & beat you with experience