manchuso

Looking for a Paradactyl

and you didn't have a malfunction?

I have a good number of single keel jumps and a growing number of double keel jumps and haven't had a malfunction or anything close on either of them. The stall on the single keel is pretty scary but it is self induced.

To the OP, neither of my dactyls are for sale.

Single keels aren't in the greatest demand due to the way they fly, but they are the more common type.

Double keels, though, they're really rare, fly nicer, and are in quite a bit of demand among the small vintage canopy community. For example, if I found one somewhere, I know at least 2 other jumpers who'd want to snap it up before I ever announced it in public.

The other option that is available would be to make one or have one made. It would probably cost more to get one this way but it wouldn't be hard. The single keel and double keel share the same basic components only one has two sections and the other has three. Because of the design of them they are extremely simple to build compared to other designs.

The double landed softer but I think I could learn to live with a single keel landings as it had quite more wind penetration

I´ve looking up both options. Asked some polish friends to look for a PZ81 but I´ve had no luck so far...As to making a new Paradactyl, I like the idea and I think I might be able to make one if I had the specifications. Do you have them?

Blue skies, Rafael

The PZ81 is a real nice parawing, probably the nicest single keel out there. But I still like the double keel as much if not better. It is a lot of fun and the landings are really soft. I have actually had jumps with the double keel where I was stuck in a thermal and going up. That jump took forever. It was from 7000 and finished 25 minutes later.

As for the specs, I can get them to you but it will have to wait a week or so. Right now I am up at the north pole with work and will be returning next week. Send me a PM.

The PZ81 is a real nice parawing, probably the nicest single keel out there. But I still like the double keel as much if not better. It is a lot of fun and the landings are really soft. I have actually had jumps with the double keel where I was stuck in a thermal and going up. That jump took forever. It was from 7000 and finished 25 minutes later.

Which is why Perris Valley Skydiving School used double-keel 'dactyls as student canopies for a while in the mid 1980s.

How does one get there hands on PZ81? Would love to add it to my collection and jump one?

The way I did it is make friends with someone overseas that has access to one and then buy it off them. They are a nice canopy to fly and much more stable than the single keel dactyl.

I'm curious why anyone would want to jump a dactyl. When squares became available, everyone I knew got rid of them toot-sweet. They were horribly unreliable, and pounded even light-weight jumpers into the ground--especially on hot days.

Lisa
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9