johan420

DB cooper was...

why do u think he`s alive? no..., he`s not alive...he landed in my backyard..so i shoot him and took his wallet and his his rig....he doesn`t even had money in the wallet...that sucked balls....but i love the canopy....i still jump it(PD 170)

Yes, John, just like you I have been forced to read this thread and reply.:P

Is there a way to make the moderator kill this thread as dead, done and beaten to death? Not likely, but it's a nice fantasy. ;);)

Okay, we now resume your regular threading....:)

Perhaps Quade could stick it in a category all its own, with a particularly appropriate title. Suggestions are welcomed. I'm opting for Trivial, 'cause skydiving history it ain't. Which of course is why it's populated primarily by geeky non-skydivers who get a thrill from being associated with folks who have actually accomplished something in life.
Hoop

Why is that thread such a big deal to you guys? Just skip over it!

If you start deleting threads that you don't like, then other people will have to be allowed to start deleting other threads that you DO like. Do you want to grant everyone the power to do that? If so, then we'd have nothing at all.

This is just freedom of speech at work. As long as they comply with forum rules, they should be allowed to have their thread. Exercise tolerance towards them, so that we can all have the threads we want.

Those who don't like it, skip over it. Sheesh!

Hi John,

I am not for deleting it because that is a slippery slope that we should not start down.

However, I would like to see it moved to somewhere other than HISTORY & TRIVIA (which it is not).

Mods?????

JerryBaumchen

PS) And I agree with almost all of what Hoop has to say. I no longer read it; just a waste of time.

Actually, yes, Duane didn't die, and he recovered the rifle used to kill MLK...so he's been holding the same old rifle to people's heads and making them read the thread.

Well, I tried to offer useful information on jumping from a 727 based on some experience, but it turns out that the facts conflict with some other posts. ;):ph34r:

I concur with Jerry; no one's talking of deleting - rather moving it elsewhere. Bear in mind the only reason it remains where it is, is because of non-skydivers babbling their nonsense. It is offensive to the eye, offensive to the intellect, and offensive to common sense. Allow me to re-run my last post on that very silly thread:

Ever been to a party crashed by people you wouldn’t entertain in your garden shed? You know the type. They walk through your house like they owned it, help themselves to what’s in the fridge, change the music to what they like, spill red wine and put out cigarettes on your carpets, treat your books and skydiving trophies like pieces of junk, leave wet rings on your lovingly-restored antique oak table, and miss the toilet bowl when they piss. And then, incredibly, are offended when you get irritated. Among that milieu is the sub-type who can talk for hours in a monotone about the many shades of metallic-flake paint, not noticing your eyes glazing over. When you move to a group of friends, he follows and butts in with the same topic, one so soporific that everyone mumbles politely and wanders off. When you survey the damage the next morning, you wish you hadn’t been quite so polite. Better to have grabbed ‘em by the scuff of the neck and run ‘em out of your house and off your property.

(There are some who may already have a sneaking suspicion where I’m heading with this.)

Dropzone.com is a clever idea, an enticing venue for skydivers to air all sorts of topics. But when non-skydivers arrogantly treat it as their own, not least because those it was designed for are too polite to tell ‘em to hit the road, then a problem is generated, one that becomes increasingly divisive. Especially so when it’s clear that their ‘contributions’ (inevitably larded with poor grammar, worse syntax, and flabby thinking) are sad efforts to draw attention to themselves in the company of people who, unlike themselves, actually understand the mechanics of aviation, parachute equipment, freefall, and meteorology. It’s those who do grasp those subjects, through the expenditure of time, passion, money and effort, that have earned (yes, earned is the right word) the right to contribute.

Going back to the beginning, you might reasonably ask if I socialize with non-skydivers? You bet I do. But they are articulate, engaging and fascinating people who have taken risks and pushed the envelope in their own fields of endeavor, certainly not wannabes who live dull troglodyte lives surrounded by fantasies they haven’t the moral, philosophical or physical courage to ever realize.

Finally, I actually had some newby twit PM me to say that because I lived in England I didn't understand the fascination of DB Cooper. Fact of the matter is, I was interviewed by the FBI at Z'hills the week after the event because of the similarity of surnames. Being 5'8", I was immediately eliminated from their enquiries.

So please, let those who want to discuss inanities go somewhere else.
Hoop

Please keep all discussion of DB Cooper to that thread.

ALL other threads even mentioning DB Cooper will be locked and or deleted.

If you do not want to read the DB Cooper thread, then don't.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver