47 47
quade

DB Cooper

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

But what if the money was buried in Tacoma for several years before it was relocated?

The rubber bands crumbled when touched,,,  when the money was picked up.

The rubber bands were too brittle to be re-buried... 

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

The getaway driver didn't believe he could spend the money because of the FBI serial number list. So he buried it for years. He then sold it to a coke dealer in Portland. The Dealer was telling everyone he was D. B. Cooper and who wouldn't want to buy coke from an infamous folk hero? So he staged the money on Tiana bar and had some of his clients find it.  ( This is well documented in a book) Now everyone knew he was telling the truth... Unfortunately he only lived a year before they found him dead. That's why the stories about who dug up what where and how are so different. It was a scam.

Nonsense.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slim King said:

How many were still in tact? How many broke before during or after being buried in the sand. Unless you know how many were broken and the rate at which they broke and the method they were reburied I don't think you can prove they weren't reburied.

What you think is not important..  they crumbled to dust..  impossible to have been re-buried.. case closed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

What you think is not important..  they crumbled to dust..  impossible to have been re-buried.. case closed.

Once again the same age-old problem .......... people making shit up. It just never ceases. I hope Slim is having fun spoiling the water so no one can drink! .

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

The Reca crowd was too lazy to make up something to explain TBAR so they just borrowed the Rackstraw TBAR narrative...

The Ron Carlson interview by Colbert's team uncovered the back story of the money find at Tena Bar. Ingram confirmed with his "two sticks" slip. Colbert chased the wrong rabbit. Any number of rabbits could have hung out with Dick Briggs and his party crowd. Can some analytics whiz run the probability of naturally finding a brick sized object (under the soil) somewhat outside of the DZ? What a conundrum for law enforcement and the airline!

3 minutes ago, c99acer said:

The Ron Carlson interview by Colbert's team uncovered the back story of the money find at Tena Bar. Ingram confirmed with his "two sticks" slip. Colbert chased the wrong rabbit. Any number of rabbits could have hung out with Dick Briggs and his party crowd. Can some analytics whiz run the probability of naturally finding a brick sized object (under the soil) somewhat outside of the DZ? What a conundrum for law enforcement and the airline!

It is a made up story,,,  there is no evidence to corroborate it. None..

The money was not re-buried.. the rubber bands were too brittle.

This nonsense pollutes the case.

17 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

It is a made up story,,,  there is no evidence to corroborate it. None..

The money was not re-buried.. the rubber bands were too brittle.

This nonsense pollutes the case.

Have you read the book, or at least the two chapters devoted to Briggs and the money find? How can you be sure it is made up?

How many sets of rubber bands would have been wrapped around the packets over the 9 years until the find? I don't think the money bury would require the bands hold the money together. I think the bury expert could hold the mess together, while doing his task, except for the edges that broke off and were splayed around during the search. I don't recall the discovery notes reading that the bands were intact until Ingrams touched the packets. Seems they were stuck to wads of bills?

1 hour ago, c99acer said:

Have you read the book, or at least the two chapters devoted to Briggs and the money find? How can you be sure it is made up?

How many sets of rubber bands would have been wrapped around the packets over the 9 years until the find? I don't think the money bury would require the bands hold the money together. I think the bury expert could hold the mess together, while doing his task, except for the edges that broke off and were splayed around during the search. I don't recall the discovery notes reading that the bands were intact until Ingrams touched the packets. Seems they were stuck to wads of bills?

I've heard the story,, you know there is no evidence, somebody is just telling a narrative with no proof.

That isn't how this works..  stories aren't evidence, anybody can make up anything. Reca also told a story... riddled with errors.

The rubber bands were too brittle to be re-buried...  no way somebody could bury them in that condition.

The sand on the money was Columbia River...

Believe what you want,,, but there is NO evidence to support that re-burial narrative and there is evidence to refute it.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 2

Buried money found in amazing condition,,, dated 1934,, probably buried before 1950.

Looks tied with string, not rubber bands.. and wrapped in cloth.

So, why was TBAR so much more eroded??  tumbling along the river bottom,, bacteria??

1642224954_ScreenShot2023-09-26at8_46_03AM.png.2290c1e728b566427a7bc712e04c97d0.png

Edited by FLYJACK

20 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

Possible yes, likely no. We we have Jeffries and Hooper in Vancouver ten days after the skyjacking calling in a tip about a white canopy hung up on the I-5 railroad bridge. So I don’t know how deterred folks were about submitting leads that were outside of the fbi search area. The media and news coverage was still big in the surrounding area and the money find ten years later also presented an opportunity for somebody more south of the FBI DZ to make the connection. 

But that's just the thing. The Jeffries report was ignored by local authorities because they believed it the crime scene was 20 miles north. We didn't learn about it until a few years ago. How many other reports like that south of Battle Ground were not made or ignored by the press or law enforcement? Impossible to say. 

12 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Buried money found in amazing condition,,, dated 1934,, probably buried before 1950.

Looks tied with string, not rubber bands.. and wrapped in cloth.

So, why was TBAR so much more eroded??  tumbling along the river bottom,, bacteria??

1642224954_ScreenShot2023-09-26at8_46_03AM.png.2290c1e728b566427a7bc712e04c97d0.png

I'm guessing money deteriorates at a faster rate when exposed to a moist environment.

2 hours ago, Chaucer said:

I'm guessing money deteriorates at a faster rate when exposed to a moist environment.

*Regarding the fact that the money itself was remarkably well preserved, Professor PALMER advised that sand is sterile, and in nature, is probably the best preservative of any soil. (Palmer)

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Can you even prove that the rubber bands were never replaced or even added years later? You can't. You have no evidence that these were even the original rubber bands if there were any at all. Bank tellers use Bank Straps for money ... They even call it STRAPPING ... They never call it BANDING... The rubber bands could have been added at any time. Prove me wrong.

More Gong Show hysteria.  GET THIS GUY OFF THE STAGE!   

Edited by georger

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

Can you even prove that the rubber bands were never replaced or even added years later? You can't. You have no evidence that these were even the original rubber bands if there were any at all. Bank tellers use Bank Straps for money ... They even call it STRAPPING ... They never call it BANDING... The rubber bands could have been added at any time. Prove me wrong.

Reca lied,, prove me wrong..

• Like 1

Ancestry.com has digitized the arrest records for Vancouver and Clark County Washington through 1970.  Even as late as 1970 the crime rate was low and exceedingly minor (think one or two steps away from Mayberry).  Although the cops were actively patrolling the area and picking up hitchhikers, what little crime there had been was mostly alcohol-related and committed by those under 30.   Drunk driving charges mainly.  Open containers.  Driving without a permit.  Reckless driving. Excessive speeding. Underage drinking. Basically those that got arrested were either young or drunk enough to draw attention to themselves, or dumb enough to mouth off to the cops.   None of these match Cooper's MO.  

(Incidentally the only financial offenses really boil down to non support or bad check charges.  Even the petty theft cases were low.  A sizeable number of those arrested outside of Vancouver had Battleground addresses fwiw.)  

Any incidents on the night in question warrant a second look, but the man wasn't going to risk capture or being shot over dime store cigars. Stealing survival gear or first aid supplies maybe if he were hard up enough and desperate, but otherwise breaking in and entering anywhere wouldn't be in his best interest.

That said, it's possible he chanced it and hotwired a car just long enough to go into town somewhere to get out of the immediate area.  If he were a local he could have known where the cops patrolled and took the back roads instead.  

Or maybe if he lived in the area, he simply walked home.  He surely had a compass, flashlight (and gun) in his bag of tricks.  Maybe even a transistor radio to monitor local news reports. A fistful of benzedrine would have allowed him to walk off any injuries he may have sustained in the jump unless they were truly severe.

Or family or friends could have lived in the area and he called them for assistance.  That wouldn't necessarily mean they were accomplices in the hijacking as it would have been easy to concoct a reason for needing a ride.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I believe that everyone lies at some point or another. I'm pretty sure most people have a secret no one else knows and they have lied about it at some time. The reason I believe him is because I've talked to the only eye witness. By all accounts the best eye witness anyone could have.

My family with "Cowboy Jeff" and his girlfriend. 

71193978665__71432CE5-2160-4BD5-9079-8808B4E19A5A.jpg

Cowboy Jeff's story even if accurate doesn't prove anything.

I don't think you actually understand the term "eye witness"...

Edited by FLYJACK

24 minutes ago, Slim King said:

His testimony is extremely strong evidence. The fact that he was even found DECADES after the hijacking is in itself Amazing. I believe that had Jeff been shown the ORIGINAL Cooper sketch he would have identified him right away... However the FBI flooded the media with the bogus one.

No it isn't evidence.. He can't prove the guy he met in 71 was Reca.. he said it looked like him,,, 40 years earlier and even it was Reca he met it proves Reca was not Cooper...  the plane went South not East. 

It proves nothing about the Cooper hijacking. 

Edited by FLYJACK

13 hours ago, Slim King said:

His testimony is extremely strong evidence. The fact that he was even found DECADES after the hijacking is in itself Amazing. I believe that had Jeff been shown the ORIGINAL Cooper sketch he would have identified him right away... However the FBI flooded the media with the bogus one.

My belief is that Reca appropriated a story that he overhead at some point, but was too stupid or lazy to know that we DO know roughly where Cooper jumped, thus making his bullshit story instantly false. He probably had a friend who was a pilot who told him about having to make an emergency landing near Cle Elum on the night of the Cooper hijacking. The guy had to walk into the nearest town and ask to use the phone. The punchline of the story being "I bet them folks thought I was D.B. Cooper! Har har!" So Reca just interpolates himself into this story. 

I've tried to see if there are any mentions of a plane landing there that night but the local papers for Cle Elum and that county aren't online. 

As a suspect Reca is a disaster, the worst higher profile suspect, he doesn't speak intelligently, sounds like he has a grade 8 education and he made so many errors that it eliminates him as Cooper. Anybody with a basic understanding of the case can understand that Reca was not Cooper.. there is no evidence, it is a story and it distracts from the case.

What are the motives of the Reca pushers..  dupes or grifters or both?

1 hour ago, olemisscub said:

My belief is that Reca appropriated a story that he overhead at some point, but was too stupid or lazy to know that we DO know roughly where Cooper jumped, thus making his bullshit story instantly false. He probably had a friend who was a pilot who told him about having to make an emergency landing near Cle Elum on the night of the Cooper hijacking. The guy had to walk into the nearest town and ask to use the phone. The punchline of the story being "I bet them folks thought I was D.B. Cooper! Har har!" So Reca just interpolates himself into this story. 

I've tried to see if there are any mentions of a plane landing there that night but the local papers for Cle Elum and that county aren't online. 

The claim is Reca or somebody that looked like him was picked up 4 miles East of Cle Elum that is about 1.5 miles from the Airport.

Cowboy Jeff sounds sincere but there is no way he can know or prove some guy he picked up 40 years earlier was Reca..  even the Norjak witnesses's memories faded in a few years,,  but the irony is that if he did pick up Reca that proves he was NOT Cooper. The plane did not fly East.

30 minutes ago, Slim King said:

JEFF NEVER PICKED UP RECA.... Now you are just spouting Bla Bla Bla..... Proves you've never had the smarts to even read the last three books.

Right, I remember, he passed a guy that looked like Reca on the road and met him in Cle Elum to help with a phone call.

It is hard to remember a made up narrative.

Cowboy Jeff loses both ways..

If he is wrong and it wasn't Reca then it is irrelevant to the case.

If he is correct and the guy was Reca then Reca wasn't Cooper because the plane did not fly East to Cle Elum.. also irrelevant.

For Reca sycophants it won't matter.

Edited by FLYJACK