47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"....I'm not stating he is "Bruce Almighty". what exactly did Bruce do, other than knock on her door several times and take some pictures of her without her knowledge? where does the stalking fit in. he is a reporter trying to get some answers. must we take your advice as well as Blevins and make it a law that reporters can't do anything without email , or calling first? shouldn't we also ban Court TV? it's none of our business right? I never really got caught up in Bruce's soap opera about how he contacted Tina. perhaps I missed something, but don't really find it relevant to evidence about Cooper...if he was nasty to her. shame on him. I really don't care one way or the other to be honest.."

I have never taken any photographs of Tina. That distortion needs to be corrected.

Yes, I did post pictures of Tina on the Mountain News that Galen took.

Remember, I consider Tina to be a near-celebrity and a quasi-public figure. Besides being the primary witness to the Cooper skyjacking she has also been a major figure in multiple books and has been interviewed by numerous media outlets, with her video interviews still on YouTube.

Tina Mucklow generates enormous public interest, as attested by the 40,000 hits her pix attracted on the Mountain News in one day.

Why use a simulator? Here is a real 727 jump and crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmaP5OKWBQ

Think dirt cheap cruise missile. Buy a timed out but ferryable 727 or DC 9 for a few hundred thousand. Install a GPS coupler to the autopilot. Take off, jump and it will go where it is programmed to go in 3D coordinates with high accuracy. Range is about 1500-2800 miles depending on model, weight, etc.

Three-Seven-Seven, I think you've been reading too much Tom Clancy. I'm getting worried about you, unless you're working on a movie deal, then count me in.

MarkBennett

***************Well, damn!

So much for getting on Paul's "Cowards List" now. I really wanted to make it on to that list.

He had not come right out and said it ... but I was just this { } close... a skosh more an I would have made it.:ph34r:

The list is short. But those on it are of a rare breed! :P

Matt

Am I on it, Matt? I forget. I know you're on it, but I don't know why.

I thought you were the most courageous person at Ariel because you walked over to the DB Cooper Memorabilia corner with GC ALL BY YOURSELF. Vicki was watching your back, I think, and made an intervention after awhile. But you took the first few steps by yourself, and bought his book.

Cajones, I say.

I'm on the list, yes.

But I have no idea what the second paragraph you wrote is about, I wasn't there. That must be someone else.

Matt

That was me who went over and talked to GreyCop in Ariel. We're both "M"'s, so easy to confuse. I couldn't make sense of his story. Vicki came over after several minutes and told him they had copies of "Ha Ha Ha" for sale and he scampered right away.

As near as I can tell, the way to get on GreyCop's cowards list is to refuse to call him and talk about the case. I bought a copy of his book to give him a fair chance.

But, it seems like me, Bruce and Matt are the permanent three members of that list.

Oops. Yup, I mixed my "M's."

Jo, If I cared will that change things? will Bruce give in and start washing cars for a living? I don't see anyone else calling him the names you have given him. I see people disagree with his approaches sometimes. I also seen people reverse there thoughts about him. what will we accomplish here? If I'm not mistaken you were asked some serious questions by Bruce and all hell broke loose. I believe this is between you & Bruce if you ask me? I really don't see where Bruce would interview me unless it was about my simulator, other than that I have no idea why he would want to interview me?

Sorry Bruce. my mistake. I thought you took the pics.:$

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

If I'm not mistaken you were asked some serious questions by Bruce and all hell broke loose?

Any questions he has asked have been answered in this thread in the past. I do not spend my time giving him answers that he only twists to suit his means....which is to demean!

After he turns his true self on you then perhaps you will understand.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Guru312

Yup, you are correct. I will have to ask my source if he is wiilling to go on the record here. Stay tuned.

All of you writers, poets, screenwriters and associated wannabes plus you DB Cooper sleuths may find the following links interesting. I certainly did.

The main article:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-tarantino-sues-gawker-for-leaked-screenplay-20140127,0,6298957.story#axzz2rnr5ltvy

A link to a discussion thread for full-fledged geeks/nerds where I found a link to the article:

http://news.slashdot.org/story/14/01/28/220217/quentin-tarantino-vs-gawker-when-is-linking-illegal-for-journalists

Enjoy and be careful; litigation is expensive.

I have a few thoughts on this lawsuit, and if anyone would like to hear them in full, give me a call and I'll tell you.

In the meantime, the heart of the issue is two-fold. One is writing about Quentin Tarantino and his actions or non-actions in developing a movie script.

The second is the reporter's linkage in his story to a web site that is posting the manuscript in an unauthorized manner.

My view is this: since QT is a public figure and half of Hollywood wants to know what he doing, the story is certainly newsworthy and appropriate to write.

However, the reporter - and the editors and publishers - erred mightily in posting a link to the manuscript. Not cool.

As obvious as this example may be - it cetainly is to me - there are comparable instances here in the writings of DB Cooper World. In particular, it is the publishing of photographs.

Rarely does anyone cut and paste the text of what I write, but often my pix are snatched, as happened when the WSHM took two of my pix of Norman Hayden and his parachute from the Moutnain News.

Getting permission to publish pix is a damned nuisance and only a few pubs do it. When they do, I am surprised and pleased that a few of us still adhere to high standards.

There are a ton o' shots from the Cooper story that I would love to use, especially of the original story in Reno and the ground search; but I haven't because I haven't gotten permission.

One problem is that major pubications use freelance photogs and getting ahold of them is near-impossible.

Hence, even though a picture might be worth a thousand words, a good story well-told can be priceless.

My source who interviewed Bill Mitchell and claimed that KC is not the skyjacker, has told me that they do not wish to be revealed here, nor become part of this fractitious discussion.

Hence, we will have to continue waiting for Bobby B to make contact with this very important witness.

To those helping me find the correct Bill Mitchell, thank you and please know that I've begun to review the lists. Whew....so many Mitchells, so little time...where's the Tequila????

ref. post 51185, pt. 5:
email copy d. 6/29/2012:

Subject: request for rights clearances for parachute card image

Hi Bruce. I came across the attached image, with an article you did on the Cooper parachutes featured on the Mountain News website. Out museum has an exhibition planned for next year related to airline security history, and I would like to ask for permission to include this image as part of a panel reproduction for display. You would receive credit as the source of the photo.

Thanks for your consideration.

reply rcvd., same day:
Sure! Thanks for asking.

BAS

* there were four images included in the exhibition, and were incorrectly credited on the panels by mistake during the installation process. When the error was brought to attention of staff, the panels were re-credited and replaced, the same day. No deliberate misuse of any images was intended, and initial permission was solicited and obtained.

RobertMBlevins

***My source who interviewed Bill Mitchell and claimed that KC is not the skyjacker, has told me that they do not wish to be revealed here, nor become part of this fractitious discussion.

Hence, we will have to continue waiting for Bobby B to make contact with this very important witness.

To those helping me find the correct Bill Mitchell, thank you and please know that I've begun to review the lists. Whew....so many Mitchells, so little time...where's the Tequila????

If you can't reveal your source, and can't provide verification through a second source, (such as calling Mitchell on your own) then I have to consider your source worthless.

And if it happens to be Galen Cook, I just don't believe it anyway.

Robert, having trouble with verification? perhaps Bruce is writing a book and doesn't want to tell you. I know it's a different story than yours right?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

Jo, If I cared will that change things? will Bruce give in and start washing cars for a living? I don't see anyone else calling him the names you have given him. I see people disagree with his approaches sometimes. I also seen people reverse there thoughts about him. what will we accomplish here? If I'm not mistaken you were asked some serious questions by Bruce and all hell broke loose. I believe this is between you & Bruce if you ask me? I really don't see where Bruce would interview me unless it was about my simulator, other than that I have no idea why he would want to interview me?

Sorry Bruce. my mistake. I thought you took the pics.:$

Funny! I will have you know I washed pots and pans for a solid
year my first year in college ... I even ironed shirts and polished
shoes and did guy's laundry in the dormitory ... in addition to a
full class load ... and I had it EASY! compared to some guys...
I saved up and was able to buy a good junker 1950 Chevy for
$100 bucks which drove all the way to and from Eielson AFB
(thats in Alaska) ... except for a brief unplanned stop in North
Dakota where I had to repair a timing belt and bent push rods
salvaged from an engine in a junk yard (we slept under the car
for two nights) in order to make it back to Iowa!.

A little enterprise doesn't hurt anyone!

Wash dem carz Bruce! Mosal tov!

:D

BruceSmith

"....I'm not stating he is "Bruce Almighty". what exactly did Bruce do, other than knock on her door several times and take some pictures of her without her knowledge? where does the stalking fit in. he is a reporter trying to get some answers. must we take your advice as well as Blevins and make it a law that reporters can't do anything without email , or calling first? shouldn't we also ban Court TV? it's none of our business right? I never really got caught up in Bruce's soap opera about how he contacted Tina. perhaps I missed something, but don't really find it relevant to evidence about Cooper...if he was nasty to her. shame on him. I really don't care one way or the other to be honest.."

I have never taken any photographs of Tina. That distortion needs to be corrected.

Yes, I did post pictures of Tina on the Mountain News that Galen took.

Remember, I consider Tina to be a near-celebrity and a quasi-public figure. Besides being the primary witness to the Cooper skyjacking she has also been a major figure in multiple books and has been interviewed by numerous media outlets, with her video interviews still on YouTube.

Tina Mucklow generates enormous public interest, as attested by the 40,000 hits her pix attracted on the Mountain News in one day.

what a lot of people would like to know is where Smokin got her
photo of Tina! That is a very nice photo of Tina!

MarkBennett

***************I wonder what GreyCop will do with all his books? I can't see them selling even as price slashed remainders.
For his sake I hope he didn't print a lot of copies.

GreyCop's book was print to order. I bought one at the University of Washington Book Store. They'll print it while you wait and it takes about 20 minutes.

I wonder if I'm the only one who bought a copy.

you just might be the only one Ha Ha Ha I think he always use to say. glad you made it home safe and sound.....

Thanks. I thought you'd be upset with me for crashing and destroying two 727's on your simulator!

Didn't Vicki tell you I decided to only charge one hours cost to operate a 727. also was not in the position of accepting checks B|:D:ph34r:

I was able to repair the planes you decided to check gravitational pull with. the theory of what goes up must come down was taken literally in your case. B|

all joking aside, I hope you enjoyed the time.....

Yes, I enjoyed it. It was very nice meeting you and seeing the simulator. It was a very impressive set up.

And, to respond to Georger's comment....I only crashed two because MrShutter ran out of 727s!:)
Funny! Thanks! Double Thanks!! :D:D

"...If you can't reveal your source, and can't provide verification through a second source, (such as calling Mitchell on your own) then I have to consider your source worthless.

And if it happens to be Galen Cook, I just don't believe it anyway..."

So, how's your search for Bill Mitchell coming along?

Me, I'm slogging along.

WSHScurator

ref. post 51185, pt. 5:
email copy d. 6/29/2012:

Subject: request for rights clearances for parachute card image

Hi Bruce. I came across the attached image, with an article you did on the Cooper parachutes featured on the Mountain News website. Out museum has an exhibition planned for next year related to airline security history, and I would like to ask for permission to include this image as part of a panel reproduction for display. You would receive credit as the source of the photo.

Thanks for your consideration.

reply rcvd., same day:
Sure! Thanks for asking.

BAS

* there were four images included in the exhibition, and were incorrectly credited on the panels by mistake during the installation process. When the error was brought to attention of staff, the panels were re-credited and replaced, the same day. No deliberate misuse of any images was intended, and initial permission was solicited and obtained.

Thank you for bringing my forgetfullness to my attention.

Regarding the mis-identification, I thank you for the correction once the error was brought to your attention. I agree, it was done in a most timely manner.

I understand how such mistakes occur and I trust your word that you had no ill intentions.

I apologize if my treatment of your actions on these pages was a bit heavy handed. Please forgive. I will be more cognizant of your many courtesies in future postings.

Speaking of which, could you help me out with making contact with Bill Mitchell? Perhaps you could let him know that I would like to speak with him and give him my contact information?

Also, as happy as I am to correspond with you on the DZ, I would prefer having an email exchange -
brucesmith AT rainierconnect DOT com. Thanks!

"...Funny! I will have you know I washed pots and pans for a solid

:D..."

I was a union stagehand for several years, and worked freelance in private production companies, too. Pushing 600-pound amps up 'dem ramps!

In fact, my column "Stories from Backstage" was my first regular professional writing.

Does that count?

georger

Funny! I will have you know I washed pots and pans for a solid

:D

I have heard that story before - yet, you have never posted it in this thread that I am aware of. Who is "we"?

I worked in the dining room serving the RICH kids and often had to go to class due to time in my uniform which was on the other side of town. The women's dorm and dining room on the opposite side of the town from the main campus. On Sat I worked in a dept store in town...I walked. I did not drive until I was 20.

Yea when he gets Mitchell's contact information - he will HOUND him to death and then make his contact information PUBLIC.

The man with the Enquire Mentality in the DZ? Ask Tina WHY she basically slammed the door in Smith's face?

BRUCE only prints what BENEFITS him!

I have informed all to be sure if they allow an interview that they have their own recording of the interview - not to depend on the interviewer to self disciplin his venture.

Also to request and make mandatory a proof anything he intends to publish regarding the time you give him...and that you have to sign off on it.

Also informing them of how you hounded the media when Cossey died and to read the articles on Cossey and Tina before considering granting an interview. Contact Tina and others as to his accuracy in reporting. If they do NOT approve of what they READ then say NO and walk...or deny permission for the interview.

Got news for you Brucie - the word was already out - by way of Mr. H. and others you interviewed, contradicted and compromised.

The meaning of the word Confidential Bruce does not grasp and will be using the information for a publication for profit....and by the time it is published will not look or sound anything like the conversation you had with him.

As with Tina he divuged publically her confidential information...with pictures he took spying on her. Ask if he will divulge your location and private information. Expect him to have all of the proper privacy agreements and that they be signed and witnessed.

If you disagree with him he will rage and do and say whatever he wants.

You can request that prior to publication and that you can remove offensive verbage and correct what he writes about you....seriously doubt he will allow that - takes away his FREEDOM to EXPRESS HIMSELF AT YOUR EXPENSE!

skyjack71

Yea when he gets Mitchell's contact information - he will HOUND him to death and then make his contact information PUBLIC.

The man with the Enquire Mentality in the DZ? Ask Tina WHY she basically slammed the door in Smith's face?

BRUCE only prints what BENEFITS him!

I have informed all to be sure if they allow an interview that they have their own recording of the interviewr - not to depend on the interviewer to self disciplin his venture.

Also to request and make mandatory a proof anything he intends to publish regarding the time you give him...and that you have to sign off on it.

Also informing them of how you hounded the media when Cossey died and to read the articles on Cossey and Tina before considering granting an interview. Contact Tina and others as to his accuracy in reporting. If they do NOT approve of what they READ then say NO and walk...or deny permission for the interview.

Got news for you Brucie - the word was already out - by way of Mr. H. and others you interviewed, contradicted and compromised. The only one you are going to get an appt with is JT - he is like Mikey - he will try anything.

The meaning of the word Confidential Bruce does not grasp and will be using the information for a publication for profit....and by the time it is published will not look or sound anything like the conversation you had with him.

As with Tina he divuged publically her confidential information...with pictures he took spying on her. Ask if he will divulge your location and private information. Expect him to have all of the proper privacy agreements and that they be signed and witnessed.

If you disagree with him he will rage and do and say whatever he wants.
You can request that prior to publication and that you can remove offensive verbage and correct what he writes about you....seriously doubt he will allow that - takes away his FREEDOM to EXPRESS HIMSELF AT YOUR EXPENSE!

Well, at least my fate is better than that of Mike Scotto, the reporter from the cable news service, New York 1. During an interview with US Congressman Mike Grimm after the State of the Union speech in the US Captiol, Rep Grimm threatened to throw Scotto off the balcomy.

And Grimm is a former FBI agent, too.

It's a good thing I'm fat. I'd be hard to lift and throw anywhere.

Where are those Mallowmars????

"...Stop. Stop now. You should just go on a camping trip with me. You'll get smaller, have fun, and see stuff you haven't seen before. That stuff is bad for you. :)

Let me get this straight, Bobby. You want me to go camping with you, a guy who has almost died TWICE in the wilds, according to your accounts here, (which I loved reading about).

The last time was a doozy - spending a month in the Cascadian boonies in the snow, and surviving on a dozen cocoa packets, or some such.

Did Jo put you up to this? Or are you trying to slim down Paul's coward list????

(smile).

Bruce,

Camping is far safer than going to sea with Captain Blevins. His inflatable raft voyage was very close to fatal.

Amazon is an old salt. I am sure she shuddered when reading Blevin's account. I certainly did.

JT can give you some backwoods survival guidance.

Keep an eye out for parachute hardware.

If you are going to Camp Granada G might have some tips.;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce,

Camping is far safer than going to sea with Captain Blevins. His inflatable raft voyage was very close to fatal.

Amazon is an old salt. I am sure she shuddered when reading Blevin's account. I certainly did.

I agree, Three-Seven-Seven. No sea voyages with Captain Bobby. I get sea sick, too. (I'm so delicate...)

Camping used to be a big part of my life. Monthy camp-outs with my beloved Troop 166 in NY at Camp Wauwepex was my life-saver as a lad. Without it, I might have ended up in the back wards of a state "facility."

In fact, I still wear my Philmont Scout Ranch belt every day.

As for JT, whatever happened to that boy? He was going to organize a Washougal trek, and I signed up for it!

Bruce,

attached is real.