47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Meyer Louie wrote

But it was 377, I believe, who implied earlier, that it is conceivable, possible, that DBC could have faked the jump at Ariel. That is, DBC could have gone to the bottom of the aft stairs, jumped up and down a few times to activate the pressure gauge, then climb back up the stairs, wait several minutes, then gently step off, do a freefall from, the bottom step of the aft stairs -- gentle enough so no pressure bump was indicated

It's just a theory, a possibility. The real jump would not have been made from the bottom step but much higher so leverage (moment arm for you engineers) would be less and hence less deflection when departing.

Okay, I see 377 -- I didn't quite have it right from your previous post. Would Cooper have cleared the aircraft or aft stairs by jumping from a higher position on the aft stairs? Smacking into the aircraft would put a serious damper on the entire project I would think. The last thing that goes through a fly's mind when he hits the windshield is his mind. Flies have minds, don't they? Hey Blevins, I just made a funny. MeyerLouie

This might help you MayerLouie
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Meyer Louie wrote

Would Cooper have cleared the aircraft or aft stairs by jumping from a higher position on the aft stairs?

Easily. Clearance would be no problem.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

That lowering line ( like all the other photos shown on here tonight) is attached to Drings sewn into the parachute harness. It can also occasionally be attached to a triangle link. Just FYI that "line" is folded, velocroed, and rubber banded to ensure it doesn't flap around and interfere with deployment. How one would do that with suspension lines, I don't know. Then we have the attaching and releasing problem. Amongst other problems.

Back to the shadows I go...

Well, HAVE you viewed photos of the rigs Smoke Jumpers Used.
Remember they jumped with LOTS of heavy equipment. Equipment that was NOT compact and they had to carry supplies and one individual jumped with the "radio" how they communicated on the ground.

In Tall Timbers - a book about early smokejumping - is a description of all of this and maybe a picture. There was another book also that showed pictures - Young Men and Fires.

They had to get pics and shovels on the ground with them. They talked about the weight and the disturbution. NOT at all like it would be done today. They had a release so they could release the load to hit the ground just before the jumper did. This was in the late 40's. No light weight stuff like they have today.

The radio was large and awkward - just trying to remember all of the things I read and perhaps some of you better look back and ask yourself WHY the FBI first started with the Smokejumper looking for Cooper in 1971. Perhaps the way Cooper tied the money to himself will provide an answer to that for some of you newer jumpers.

FIND old ways they carried equipment to the ground and you will know how Cooper did it.

I haven't just viewed it. I have jumped it. Many many times.
Propblast

Meyer Louie wrote

Would Cooper have cleared the aircraft or aft stairs by jumping from a higher position on the aft stairs?

377, Not so fast here. The instant Cooper's weight comes off those stairs they are going to start upwards. So could he have cleared the end of the stairs before being smacked by the stairs? Not very likely.

Also, everyone seems to forget that in the FBI flight tests (same aircraft, same people flying it), when the weighted boxes were slid down the stairs and off the end is when the stairs rebounded with the same pressure fluctation that the crew reported during the hijacking.

Robert99

Meyer Louie wrote

377, Not so fast here. The instant Cooper's weight comes off those stairs they are going to start upwards. So could he have cleared the end of the stairs before being smacked by the stairs? Not very likely.

Also, everyone seems to forget that in the FBI flight tests (same aircraft, same people flying it), when the weighted boxes were slid down the stairs and off the end is when the stairs rebounded with the same pressure fluctation that the crew reported during the hijacking.

Robert99

I gotta wonder that too...

I think he 'could' have cleared the last couple or few IF he knew what he was doing...but 'did' he, and even IF he did - WOULD he even try?

I have to imagine that down near the bottom between his weight on 'em and the wind it was getting rather sporty out there.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Meyer Louie wrote

Robert99

Exactly. This could have been the beginning of an
instability that strips him of the money bag and I'm
focusing more on his tie around the neck of that bag
vs. the tie around his waste. Torque on his stomach
muscles from the bag tied around his waste another
issue during any instability. Dick P at Boeing felt these
were potentially very destructive forces.

Could we estimate the time/force involved when the
stairs flop up to estimate the amount of time Cooper
has to clear the space ?

But that tie around the neck of the money bag looks
vulnerable to me .... IF ... he used that bag. Maybe
the bag he uses is the back chute container ??? Tina
does talk about him 'pouring money into another bag'
and I'm still unclear about that. I will be talking to
people in about a week who might able to clarify
Tina's testimony ...

ps: It stands to reason all of this was covered by
those conducting the flight tests. I'm assuming those
are confidential documents. I can ask but I am
almost sure what the answer will be, in advance ...

Meyer Louie wrote

But it was 377, I believe, who implied earlier, that it is conceivable, possible, that DBC could have faked the jump at Ariel. That is, DBC could have gone to the bottom of the aft stairs, jumped up and down a few times to activate the pressure gauge, then climb back up the stairs, wait several minutes, then gently step off, do a freefall from, the bottom step of the aft stairs -- gentle enough so no pressure bump was indicated

It's just a theory, a possibility. The real jump would not have been made from the bottom step but much higher so leverage (moment arm for you engineers) would be less and hence less deflection when departing.

Okay, I see 377 -- I didn't quite have it right from your previous post. Would Cooper have cleared the aircraft or aft stairs by jumping from a higher position on the aft stairs? Smacking into the aircraft would put a serious damper on the entire project I would think. The last thing that goes through a fly's mind when he hits the windshield is his mind. Flies have minds, don't they? Hey Blevins, I just made a funny. MeyerLouie

This might help you MayerLouie

It does, I never knew. Thanks for providing your knowledge and expertise. MeyerLouie

Meyer Louie wrote

Robert99

here are some photos and specs -

the door/stairs are going to be clearing about 7ft
vertical feet in t' amount of time to be at a level
position ( not fully retracted). The unknown is t'.

the flight test drop photos provide t' with forward
velocity known... someone have the forward velocity?
175mph? 160mph?

radius of travel is given in the spec sheets. (10' 4.4")

of course all of this assumes immediate-uniform
retraction speed ..which may not be totally accurate

Tina's testimony ...

This has been a major CONCEPT problem for YEARS - since Mr. H's book.
The artist simply made a sketch, but NOT a photo of what Tina actually told. The artist never spoke with Tina and had NO contact with the FBI. Tina's testimony - and that of another crew memory is VERY different from that sketch in Mr. H's book.

Concept and what REALLY happened are 2 different things.
Did Tina help the artist or did he just draw what he thought was the best? If you don't know now you will never know.

The money was NOT delivered to the plane in just a whitish bank bag! NO way the FBI wanted the passengers to see a money bag coming onto the plane! Such action would have cause a lot passengers to have freaked out.

Use some common sense and talk to the witnesses....the money was in a whitish bag and that bag was NOT seen by the passengers, but contained within another "package". It was small enough Tina was able to carry it on and she also got the chutes on the plane by herself.

Tina was NOT a large muscle bound woman! USE some COMMON SENSE when you guys talk about this!

There are some RED HERRINGS in the COOPER story....out and out fantasies that have been allowed to continue far too long.

You GUY need to GET REAL!
As I was told "you can put him in a chute, but you have to put him on the plane".

You guys are creating stories and fantasies. Explore all U need to do - but, DO NOT leave out FACTS. If you do not believe me then talk to the witnesses! NOT one witness saw a whitish bank bag being taken to the back of the craft! NOT one!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Tina's testimony ...

This has been a major problem for YEARS - since Mr. H's book.
The artist simply made a picture, but NOT a picture of what Tina actually told. The artist never spoke with Tina and had NO contact with the FBI. Tina's testimony - and that of another crew memory is VERY different from that sketch in Mr. H's book.

Concept and what REALLY happened are 2 different things.
Did Tina help the artist or did he just draw what he thought was the best? If you don't know now you will never know.

The money was NOT delivered to the plane in just a whitish bank bag! NO way the FBI wanted the passengers to see that coming on the plane! Such action would have cause a lot passengers to have freaked out.

Use some common sense and talk to the witnesses....the money was in a whitish bag and that bag was NOT seen by the passengers, but contained within another "package". It was small enough Tina was able to carry it on and she also got the chute on the plane by herself.

Tina was NOT a large muscle bound woman! USE some COMMON SENSE when you guys talk about this!

I would have to go back to notes but I recall he tried
transferring money to another bag/container, out of te
original bank bag ? But then decided to use the bank
bag and transferred money back to that bag? Then
tied his line around "the neck of the bag" (several
loops), and tied that around his waste (several more
loops).

The issue is: which bag at the end tied around its
"neck" then tied to his waste ?

What have your sources said?

Do you understand the question? (you seem to) ??

Im going to talk to some people within a week and will ask about this specifically ...

later...

issue during any instability.

Georger are U just playing around with the minds of people? If you actually have ANY inside information - you know that - perhaps Cooper tied off the neck of the bag, but he was only securing it to place into another container. Was that container what the money was placed in to get it on the plane or was another container provided by the crew when Cooper was upset about how the money was contained?

USE your minds and imaginations and the collective information given by the witnesses here. The money did NOT go out of that plane with a bag tied off at the neck - the passengers saw NO such bag, because it was contained within another container. Cooper probably did tie off the top of the bank bag after he verified there was actually cash in it.

He did NOT release the passengers until the money was delivered & verified - RIGHT or WRONG? Guys answer that question and many of the other reasonable answers will surface.

issue during any instability.

Georger are U just playing around with the minds of people? If you actually have ANY inside information - you know that - perhaps Cooper tied off the neck of the bag, but he was only securing it to place into another container. Was that container what the money was placed in to get it on the plane or was another container provided by the crew when Cooper was upset about how the money was contained?

USE your minds and imaginations and the collective information given by the witnesses here. The money did NOT go out of that plane with a bag tied off at the neck - the passengers saw NO such bag, because it was contained within another container. Cooper probably did tie off the top of the bank bag after he verified there was actually cash in it.

He did NOT release the passengers until the money was delivered & verified - RIGHT or WRONG? Guys answer that question and many of the other reasonable answers will surface.

??? We are talking about his tying off of the bag,
whatever bag he wound up using, just before he
jumped.

I will have to go back to notes or ask someone ...
I just don't remember and I need to attend to other
things -

later tonight -

Remember this - the complete story told by the witnesses was withheld from the public. Certain information was held back! This information may not have made it into the transcripts because they did NOT want them known.
You need NOT ask yourself WHY, because the answer is evident.

The bank bag was contained within another container - was this OTHER container suitable for jumping out of plane with? Did Cooper actually have 2 packages and not one? Something else to think about.... NEVER PUT ALL OF YOUR MONEY IN ONE PLACE!

Cooper secured a bag AROUND his waist and infront of him. Did he also secure another package in another way? Remember this - what happened to the other chute, the briefcase and the battery? Did Cooper remove evidence of his identity?

Robt99 wrote

I dont forget the sled tests at all. I think they provide a good basis for concluding that Cooper's exit caused the pressure bump that was felt by the crew and caused the cabin climb rate needle to bounce. I was just trying to think out of the box and figure out how Cooper might have exited later unnoticed. It is very unlikely that Cooper would have even known what pressure effect his exit would have and figured out how to spoof an early exit.

Where is Farflung?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Robt99 wrote

I dont forget the sled tests at all. I think they provide a good basis for concluding that Cooper's exit caused the pressure bump that was felt by the crew and caused the cabin climb rate needle to bounce. I was just trying to think out of the box and figure out how Cooper might have exited later unnoticed. It is very unlikely that Cooper would have even known what pressure effect his exit would have and figured out how to spoof an early exit.

Where is Farflung?

I'm sure the crew was asked if anything else was felt after the first bump?
I find it strange that the turbulence didn't cause any other fluctuations in
the gauges or the stair light going back off all the way to Reno? one would
think it would be like leaving your trunk open and hitting a pot hole?

picture of the sled

added...There were several reports of inadvertent deployment and even two instances of them extending after take-off. Boeing say that after one of the in-flight deployments the crew landed with little control problem and apart from some scuff marks on the foot plates where they made contact with the runway, they were still in working order after the event!

Maximum wind speed for airstair operation: 40kts.
Maximum wind speed for airstair extended: 60kts.

http://www.b737.org.uk/aircraft_general.htm#Airstairs
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I could put him in a chute and I still have to put him on the PLANE!

Tonight I went where I have not gone before - the Citizen Sleuths site since it has now been was put into a format I could actually read. I have the PROOF and SLUGGO SAID IT WAS LINT.

I have a knife it has a long slender blade on it and dark with age. Inside the blade was a piece of cord. Sluggo said it was lint and attempted to dispose of it. I put it back in the knife with tweezers.

Tonight I saw the cord lieing next to the tie. I thought the cord would be much larger and I saw the cord was PINK!

The particle in the knife was pink!

Damned and DOUBLE damn Sluggo - he knew and he blew me off. I commented about it being a pink cord - at that time I had NO IDEA until I saw that photo tonight the cord was small and pink - it is in the photo beside the tie.

Jo wrote

Damned and DOUBLE damn Sluggo - he knew and he blew me off. I commented about it being a pink cord - at that time I had NO IDEA until I saw that photo tonight the cord was small and pink - it is in the photo beside the tie.

So you think Sluggo is part of your imagined govt. coverup squad Jo?

I'm not buying it.

Jo wrote

So you think Sluggo is part of your imagined govt. coverup squad Jo?

I'm not buying it.

You don't have to buy anything.
Sluggo was the closest I could get to FBI to look at these things. I showed the knife to him and part of what I thought was a piece of cord - HE TOLD ME IT WAS LINT. I retrived the piece with tweezers and put it back in the knife...it had a pink tone to it.

The cords on the FBI table on the Websleuths - shows cords that same color pink. The cords in the picture seems brighter, but what I have was a piece in the knife. Sluggo was the GO TO man and I trusted he knew most of what was needed regarding the crime and the evidence.

He told me it was dust. Now I can see those cords on the Sleuth Web site. I disagreed with Sluggo at that time - but who am I? Just a dumb ole woman who is crazy, delusional and off her rocker.

Perhaps it is nothing, but it is time the FBI looked at this and I mean Quantico - NOT local FBI.
The agent left the lab reports with the items he returned to my home and needed to retrieve them. Fortunately they must have found they HAD a copy of it, but they had left papers with the items that I was NOT supposed to see. Items received in 2003 and not tested until the end of 2007 - Bull! It took them 4+ yrs to get around to testing the items retrieved from me - in March of 2003.

I am sure there is a private lab some place that will take this on.
If they are a match - well, you can hear the take on this one already. How much of that cord is out there and what do you compare it with and perhaps claims he purchased the knife after the crime.

The FBI did NOT inform the man who bought the van - that the ransom was paid out in 20's. The man did NOT know this until I contacted him a few wks ago.
They also did NOT inform him that anything that was in that van was rightfully his...he was not even required to return the wallet.

Jo wrote

Sluggo was the closest I could get to FBI to look at these things. I showed the knife to him and part of what I thought was a piece of cord - HE TOLD ME IT WAS LINT. I retrived the piece with tweezers and put it back in the knife...it had a pink tone to it.

Jo,

Given your bias that Duane was DBC I'd give more credence to Sluggo's opinion about the knife residue than yours. Still, I wasn't there and you were.

If the fibers of the knife residue were a perfect match to the suspension lines from the cut Norjack chute I'd pay attention.

I cut some extra military surplus suspension line tonight with a sharp pocket knife. I did not see any visible fiber residue.

Jo wrote

Jo,

Given your bias that Duane was DBC I'd give more credence to Sluggo's opinion about the knife residue than yours. Still, I wasn't there and you were.

If the fibers of the knife residue were a perfect match to the suspension lines from the cut Norjack chute I'd pay attention.

I cut some extra military surplus suspension line tonight with a sharp pocket knife. I did not see any visible fiber residue.

Any residue would probably not stay on the blade. You would find it in the area where the blade rests when it is closed. When I use a pocketknife to cut a lot of cord for hanging tarps for camping, sometimes you end up blowing out the fluff from the groove. It builds up there.

Check-In Time at the Reality Hotel:

There could be problem here with any evidence from a knife, even if you could match some fluff to the proper paracord:

Maybe I get hold of a pocketknife and can certify it once belonged to a guy with the initials KC, right?

Then...I research out the exact type of cord used in the chute that was cut. Remember, this information on the chute is available.

I scrape off fluff from the same paracord. In the chute biz, I imagine you could find almost any vintage matching chute you wanted by putting out feelers and having some bucks available. Times is hard. :)
Then...I present the knife and a bit of fluff inside it as evidence. FBI checks...says it's a match. KC is found to be the hijacker. :S

This wouldn't work, of course. Chain of evidence, how many people have handled the knife, possible fraud, etc.

I'm not trying to be negative. Here's the problem: This type of physical evidence needs to be discovered and presented very soon after the crime, otherwise it is often useless. EXAMPLE: The Portland Police pick up a guy a day or two after the hijacking and discover a knife in his pocket. Later...the FBI determines that the fluff in the groove of the pocketknife is a perfect match to the cut cord. Bingo. Brought in for 'further questioning' and presentation in a lineup.

That same knife more than forty years later? Worthless.

That's the hard truth, in my humble opinion. :|

ah but .... saide knife was also used a week earlier to
dehair a goat, then cut whiskers, trim finger nails, cut
off a piece of chaw, then owner licked it clean...

now you have nylon fibres covered with dna from a
goat, the owner, Kentucky tobacco, PMR-32, AB-4-NA,
99PCN, food coloring, not to mention whatever stuff
that was in the guy's pocket that managed to get into
the reservoir of the pocket knife (where the blade
thingy sits).

Now you have checked into REALITY HOTEL for real!

No evidence is an island entire of itself. That's the
hard truth.

:D

Well, that made a lot of sense.

Or maybe not. :)
I think you are a closet fan. You keep re-quoting my posts in their entirety.

One of the first books I ever wrote was in 1978. I subbed it all over to publishers and they called it a loser. I tossed the only known copy into a dumpster in frustration. LOL I didn't care. Had better things to do.

The grandeur of your emptiness becomes you.

I think you are destined to replace Jesus and Carl
Marks as the biggest windbag since Pope Braggart the
First.!

So teach us "wage earner sheeple", Oh Master!

The grandeur of your emptiness becomes you.

I think you are destined to replace Jesus and Carl
Marks as the biggest windbag since Pope Braggart the
First.!

So teach us "wage earner sheeple", Oh Master!

Blevins NEVER STOPS promoting himself and his abilities. Note his posts are about himself and even reveals the possiblities of others creating a LIKE senario with a planted knife (who thinks like that unless they are deceptive and have criminal tendancies or like getting attention)?

I talked about the knife yrs ago, but since others dissed it - I just put it away - out of site - out of mind.

I wouldn't put it past him or other Cooper wanna be's to duplicate the knife story. Everything I introduce ends up with someone (many someones)-promoting a TAKE of a story I have told more time than I care to remember. One - such as the dream about leaving prints on the plane - then Cook has "his" suspect leaving prints and seeing an old judge friend which by the time he went public was conveniently deceased.

I told that story to Galen Cook before he ever introduced Gossett as a suspect - LONG before Cook was on a talk show on which a young man called in claiming his father was Cooper and that suspect was GOSSETT.

I have documents going back to pre 2004 regarding Cook. He was constantly harrassing me for Tina's location & number. Gossett had NOT entered the picture in 2004. This is WHAT I have put up with for many yrs now!

NO one will ever hear me or listen that counts - what I get are people like Gray, Cook, Blevins and other whose only need is to PROMOTE themselves.

No one wants to believe that Cooper survived and lived and had a decent life. ALL of these yrs and NOT one piece of evidence has surfaced - NOT one.

Just a few bundles of $20 that appeared several months after Weber took me to WA. His seemingly cautious actions when the money was found (he did NOT know they had all of the serial numbers and he had used some of the decent bill in Tahoe and in the area we lived in - why he panicked, obtain a John Collins Saftety deposit box in Omaha and fled back east).

Hell I did NOT even know how to contact him for well over 2 months - only when he called the house from someone elses phone or a pay phone - he did NOT provide me with an address or telephone number to reach him at in case of an emergency, but he did call regularly so I did not worry. I did NOT see him until he came back for my daughters graduation in May of 1980. He was cautious - asked her about a coach with name of someone involved in the Skyjacking. We went to the graduation - but DUANE stayed away from other parents. We took pictures and he left the next day. I though he had flown but my daughter reminded me he drove in - long trip for a graduation. At that time he packed up some of his things and took them with him and hauled a trailor behind his car.

He dumped the car (new Olds)and bought a new car before he got to AL.. The other car was just a few months old and also new! Purchased in FT Collins right after we returned from WA in 1979. The Marquis was purchase around May of 1980.

Cadillac he traded for the Olds around Nov of 1979 after our trip to WA. Just walked in and told me we had a new car (the Caddy was like new and had NO problems - he didn't even ask me). Then in Mar of 1980 - he flees to the South after the articles in the paper about the money find. May of 1980 - again buys NEW car - a Marquis after he left CO in the Olds.

I talked about the knife yrs ago, but since others dissed it - I just put it away - out of site - out of mind.

I wouldn't put it past him or other Cooper wanna be's to duplicate the knife story.

Jo, The above is typical of your changing stories.

I, and probably others, mentioned several years ago that Cooper had to routinely carry a pocket knife since he did not have any advance knowledge that he would need to cut shroud lines to attach the money bag to himself. He could not have forseen that.

I have not seen the disssing of the knife comments that you refer to. Also, I have not seen you mentioning a knife until the past week or so. You mention a "long blade" knife. Why do you need a "long blade" knife to cut something as simple as a shroud line? A standard two or three inch pocket knife would easily get the job done.

It appears to me that Jo Weber, a well known Mrs. Cooper wannabe, is the one who is duplicating the knife story.

Robert99

I wouldn't put it past him or other Cooper wanna be's to duplicate the knife story.

Robert 99 replies with:

Jo, The above is typical of your changing stories.

I, and probably others, mentioned several years ago that Cooper had to routinely carry a pocket knife since he did not have any advance knowledge that he would need to cut shroud lines to attach the money bag to himself. He could not have forseen that.

I have not seen the disssing of the knife comments that you refer to. Also, I have not seen you mentioning a knife until the past week or so. You mention a "long blade" knife. Why do you need a "long blade" knife to cut something as simple as a shroud line? A standard two or three inch pocket knife would easily get the job done.

It appears to me that Jo Weber, a well known Mrs. Cooper wannabe, is the one who is duplicating the knife story.

Robert99

[BLUE]JO WEBER STATES EMPHATICALLY:

Does anyone remember when Sluggo came to see me - I showed him the knife at that time.

Yes, the residue is in the area one folds the knife into - NOT on the BLADE. A knife is a knife to me. The knife was NOT extraodinarIly long, but old and older than the other 2 knives he had....very very old. The other 2 knives I know the source of because I bought one of them for him. The other he had when he married me - supposedly a gift from a step child or ex wife.

This KNIFE did not come into my home until the OTHER STUFF did when he made a trip to retrieve whatever it was he kept in that saftey deposit box in Omaha (at least I think it was Omaha) and one which required he have his ID for John C. Collins - an ID he went to extreme measures to acquire in 1990 - approx 10 yrs from the time he opened the box in 1980.

Changing Story? What about this story has changed? Perhaps the wording or clarity. Remember when Sluggo came - that is the first time I showed the knife to anyone beside family or friends - not sure I showed it to anyone else, but I made mention of the old knife with a hole in it. I tested the knife when I had it out - the hole does NOT go all the way thru.

I took Sluggo at his word and never considered the knife significant until I saw that picture on the WebSleuths day before yesterday. Seeing the ropes and how they frayed and the color of them - yea, I freaked and went looking for the knife. I had a hard time finding it - now how significant is that![/BLUE]

keep in mind that the cord has 3 colors in it, white, black and pink on the outside.
I cut and use rope all the time, never seen any rope on the blade. I would think
you would have to have a knife with a jagged edge or saw blade in order to catch
any residue. A blade will cut pretty quick through the cord.