47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Does any one know why she just started going by the last name of Cooper last year when she started her DB Cooper research? I've known her 15+ years, and she has never gone by that last name until she started her research. People, you sure are being fooled by a pretty blond that speaks so eloquently. She's been married and divorced four times. She has three sons that her husband raised. Oh, and one of the sons was not even her husband's. It was with a man she had an affair with while married. She didn't tell the son until last year or the year before when she got back with that lover and he ended his 20+ year marriage to be with her. And SURPRISE ... her son didn't speak to her for a long time because of his hurt. Thanks, Bruce and Robert, for doing some research on credibility. I think her changing her last name to Cooper was convenient timing to make this story more plausible. No doubt, she does have the family name of Cooper. Just curious timing.

IF what all you say is true, you certainly have a valid point regarding credibility!

Often times~
Asking the right questions 'about' and not necessarily 'to' someone reveals volumes.

'sjsmith'...I ask you, just how might these 'allegations' be verified.

What's 'your' motivation for exposing Marla?

I don't doubt you, you've never lied to me before...then again, you've never told me the truth before either.

So...I'm curious? ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

IF what all you say is true, you certainly have a valid point regarding credibility!

Pshaw! Everyone involved with the Cooper "case" is 100% credible.

Wait . . . I pretty much meant the opposite of that. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Does any one know why she just started going by the last name of Cooper last year when she started her DB Cooper research? I've known her 15+ years, and she has never gone by that last name until she started her research. People, you sure are being fooled by a pretty blonde that speaks so eloquently. She's been married and divorced four times. She has three sons that her husband raised. Oh, and one of the sons was not even her husband's. It was with a man she had an affair with while married. She didn't tell the son until last year or the year before when she got back with that lover and he ended his 20+ year marriage to be with her. And SURPRISE ... her son didn't speak to her for a long time because of his hurt. Thanks, Bruce and Robert, for doing some research on credibility. I think her changing her last name to Cooper was convenient timing to make this story more plausible. No doubt, she does have the family name of Cooper. Just curious timing.

If true, that's bad behavior. Even if Marla's marital ethics are shabby, and she deceived her husband and her son, it doesnt necessarily prove she was lieing about what she claims she saw as an 8 year old.

I'm not being an apologist for Marla. I am just trying to keep the issues straight. Sure, her overall character and credibility are issues relevant to the LD Cooper tale, but her tangled and messy romantic history doesnt close the case. We need more. If, for example, she was lieing about the FBI polygraph, she's finished.

I'll bet everybody on this forum has done something in their past relationships that they are not proud of.
Marla has the misfortune of having it posted in lurid detail in a public forum. Glass houses and all that...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Does any one know why she just started going by the last name of Cooper last year when she started her DB Cooper research? I've known her 15+ years, and she has never gone by that last name until she started her research. People, you sure are being fooled by a pretty blonde that speaks so eloquently. She's been married and divorced four times. She has three sons that her husband raised. Oh, and one of the sons was not even her husband's. It was with a man she had an affair with while married. She didn't tell the son until last year or the year before when she got back with that lover and he ended his 20+ year marriage to be with her. And SURPRISE ... her son didn't speak to her for a long time because of his hurt. Thanks, Bruce and Robert, for doing some research on credibility. I think her changing her last name to Cooper was convenient timing to make this story more plausible. No doubt, she does have the family name of Cooper. Just curious timing.

How do we know that any of this is true?
The Money Connection

We don't. We won't. We never really can unless something really amazing happens.

Same thing with pretty much everybody's stories, but especially those coming from anonymous folks on the interwebs.

Anybody could create an account, make up a name and claim anything -- and they do.

Who is "sjsmith"? What is that person's motivations for coming here and telling us this story? To discredit "Marla"? Why? To what end?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Just curious timing.

Most definitely curious timing.

I question *your* timing. You've known the woman 15+ years and now you are divulging this information to the world.

I'm curious: What is the reason for your timing? Did she rebuff your advances at some point in the last 15 years and this is *your* retribution?

Curiously, now is the time for you to come clean to the world...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

We don't. We won't. We never really can unless something really amazing happens.

Same thing with pretty much everybody's stories, but especially those coming from anonymous folks on the interwebs.

Anybody could create an account, make up a name and claim anything -- and they do.

Who is "sjsmith"? What is that person's motivations for coming here and telling us this story? To discredit "Marla"? Why? To what end?

Is Marla out of this thread? Will she be allowed to post here anymore?
The Money Connection

Let's not BS around, and let's have Marla answer since we know she's now reading the threads. Marla, can you let everyone know that the info I posted is true? Because, if you deny it, there's plenty of people in your circle that can discredit it. And, if you deny it, then we know you are not being honest.

And that is exactly the point. Mister Smith has already pissed off and misquoted a few people. Nobody in my family wants to be bothered with this. Bothering them further only irritates them toward you. I would remind all of you that this is an ongoing investigation and there are things I will not disclose, for the sake of my safety and to preserve the integrity of the case.

For all of you to know: I have a very busy and full life. I really don't have time to answer every one of your queries individually. I will post something in a few days answering the bulk of them. Also, I will not answer petty questions concerning things I have addressed publicly and repeatedly. About seventy percent of your questions are perhaps because you have been reading articles by some of your fellow DZ friends rather than by mainstream media, who have conducted the bulk of my interviews. I also won't be cohearsed into filling in every little blank to satisfy (SOME of your) enquiring minds. A lot of answers you will find in my book. I won't air everything to satisfy your curiosities and doubts.

I would also remind you that you represent a tiny minority of the population, even though it would seem DropZone is your entire world. It's not mine. I joined DZ voluntarily, not to be interrogated, but to set strait some frequently recurring misstated so-called "facts" about me, my motives, and my testimony.

FYI, I first heard of DZ a few days after ABC news broke my story. A producer from their Washington DC Bureau asked if I was aware of it. I was not. When he told me about it, I said "I don't want to even want to go on there. They probably all have their theories and beliefs well in place and aren't going to be thrilled with this."

At the Symposium I heard Mark, Carol, and Tom speak and was really impressed by them and their research. I found Mark's information especially compelling. I was clueless that this was a DZ monopolized event. Maybe I should have just stuck with the party in Ariel and hung out with the OHS guys. THEY were fun. Some members of the DZ gang have been nothing but insulting and mean and have never even met me.

So I first looked at DZ last Saturday, at the insistance of a FB "friend" who clearly doesn't even use her real name. I've read your posts since then, and looked back into the history only spot reading about three weeks.

Well I need to get gorgeous to go see the Commodores and Kool and the Gang!!!

P.S. Farflung, call ME baby!

When I saw the report on ABC news I was really excited about some new information in the case, and the FBI's claims of the most credible person they had interviewed.
It was after that I joined Dropzone. If the slur that this sjsmith says is true, then it really casts some doubt on her and her whole story, but doesn't necessarily prove it's false. Blevins and B. Smith as well as many of the people here have their pet theories to defend, and I can't see where either one of them are very strong. As far as Marla goes, can the FBI be so easily fooled? All these assertions about polygraphs, and closing the case, Is the FBI really a bunch of Keystone cops?

When Marla came to dropzone I thought she expected to answer some questions. That was quick.
The Money Connection

Remember, if Marla is telling the truth, then her family may be guilty of aiding and abetting a felony, interference with a federal investigation, and conducting a cover-up for 38 years.

Okay...IF that's the case would you really expect her to 'open the books' to YOU?!

I would imagine that's a question for the feds to ponder...since they ARE aware of her and her story, what are you saying?

The FBI isn't doing it job, so YOU will do it all for them?

Are you a federal agent with powers of arrest?

Do you hold search warrant, or a grand jury indictment?

In one breath you say her family has possibly broken the law, in the next you demand to know who they are...

Come on Bruce, I wouldn't tell ya squat either! :D

I mean eventually ya gotta run outta feet to shoot yourself in...right?

Airt, I happen to agree with you, even though
I think Im on good terms with Bruce.

This 'moral prerogative' being employed by both
Blevins and Bruce, is nothing more than cover
for "gimme gimme and not the other guy", to forge
if not force a relationship? Its highly prejudicial at its
core and makes all reports from such individuals
suspect; not to mention factually limp.

I happen to see your point and agree.

Im rushed again but, I have Tintin info I may
share tonight, to get back facts vs social media
in these matters.

Bruce:

Your statement "That's what Rataczak told me. Perhaps I should ask for confirmation from Everett Johnson, the 727 pilot with World Airways that Sailshaw and I had lunch with about three months ago.

Also, I believe that Bill told me that there was a pre-setting for 15 degrees. I'll check my notes at some point to confirm."

Bruce, I checked with Everett and he remembers 727 settings of 15 deg, 25 deg, 30 deg and full flap at 40 deg. To check this out with another 727 Captain Reid Imus, I got similar but different answers of: 2 deg normal and max airspeed of 240 Knots, 5 deg and max airspeed of 160 Knots, 15 deg and max airspeed of 160 Knots 25/30 with max airspeed of 140 Knots and full flap of 40 deg.
So, I conclude that asking for 15 deg by DB Cooper was to insure a controllable airspeed max of 160 Knots and a knowledge of the 727 flying characteristics. This would have given better fuel economy than 25/30 deg which would have produced the slowest airspeed max of 140 Knots but burn more fuel. What DB requested was the correct thing and that is why the pilot was impressed with DB's knowledge.

Each setting is a detent so that the same setting is known and what the max limitations are on airspeed.
Bob
Sailshaw

Regarding Marla and SJSmith’s claims about her multiple marriages, etc.

Here’s what I know of Marla’s marriages, and I got this from her directly in one of our many phone calls on Dec 9.

Marla told me that John A. Santore was an ex-husband, and I am assuming that’s Jr. She also told me that she had three adult sons, and that when she divorced their father she gave him full custody of the kids, claiming that she worked 60 hours per week and he only 20. She characterized the father as “heroic” for taking on the parenting of the lads. She didn’t identify the man, but I assume it is a fellow named Brian, as the son that I tried to contact, which is the contact that made Marla furious at me, is on Facebook and describes the above individual as his father, and the son uses the same last name.

Yes. It's all true. And well known by the FBI and by the people who know and love me. As I've said, I'm an open book. A flawed person who has made many "mistakes" and understands the mercy of a mighty God I rely on for every breath. Yes, using "Cooper" was a clacated decision. Prior to that, when not married, I used Wynn, my middle name.

Re: the husbands. I was married for ten years to a man who became a hero by raising our sons. Custody was a painful decision, which prompted my trip to see my dad the last Christmas he was alive. I quickly burried my hurt by marrying a con man. When I met Revon, he was a stock broker, turns out he was really a Janitor. When he commited fraud against me, I divorced him. The marriage lasted less than two years.

Soon thereafter, I married a sweet man who is still a dear friend. It was a short three year marriage with sad and quick ending.

Next came John. Bruce found his name and posted it for the world to see. Thanks Bruce. You don't know that this man brought so much devastation to me and my sons that I litterally had to "go underground" for two years, courtesy of my youngest son's biological father, who is a very respectable and respected man. His twenty seven year marriage was long broken before he and I came clean to our son and his family, which was the right thing to do. Naturally, my son was devastated and I have to live with the knowledge I've caused such sadness to my son. I had chosen to protect bio dad and his family over being honest with my son, who was raised by a great man with a very strong extended family. The dad who raised my sons knew the truth early on, and loves all of our sons.

I hope this satisfies you enough that you will now cease, but I doubt it. As for me, I'm finished with DZ now. Whoever you are who "exposed this to these strangers, I'm not sure what you think you have achieve. But know this, you can't break someone as broken as I am, which has made me whole.

Just curious timing.

Most definitely curious timing.

I question *your* timing. You've known the woman 15+ years and now you are divulging this information to the world.

I'm curious: What is the reason for your timing? Did she rebuff your advances at some point in the last 15 years and this is *your* retribution?

Curiously, now is the time for you to come clean to the world...

I agree with Guru. Why was this unnecessary (my belief) information 'blurted' with total disregard into the forum.

The revelation (and nothing more than gossip) of sjsmith hurt my soul when I read it. It compares to blaming a victim after a sexual assault (the she/he deserved it mentality).

Unfortunately, the criminal justice system is not perfect. Witnesses' and victims' credibility is always brought to the table. Attorneys will use this tactic as a way to discredit and put doubt into the minds of the jury.

LD either IS, or IS NOT Dan Cooper. It is that simple. It should (should) not matter what the detailed background and life history of the person who gave the FBI the TIP. So why do most dwell on it?

Instead of 'belittling" the witnesses, ask relevant questions about the crime itself. This is becoming nothing more than the "good 'ol boys club'.

Sorry to hear you are leaving Marla. We needed a fourth "hunkette"! ;)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

An Lauren. Now I know why I didn't have any peace about allowing you to co-author my book. HOWEVER, I do owe you for your time and effort for representing me so well when the story first broke. You'll be happy to know, I have a literary agent and an underwriter. Please send me a bill for your time and you will have immediate payment in full, after we take care of the legalities.

Farewell, my "friend." I wish you the best, as always. This will make a really interesting chapter.

A review of my journalistic rules of conduct seems to be in order, today.

First, everything you say to me via phone or in person is always deemed to be on record and available for publication unless you specifically request otherwise. You may ask for “off the record” after the fact while the conversation is still on-going, but please don’t make a habit of it.

If you would like to review what I have written about what I heard you say, you are always welcome to ask for and receive a draft copy. You may review it for accuracy, but nothing else. You may request compositional changes, as I am always happy to listen to how you feel about what I have written, but I make no promises of making the attitudinal changes you might request.

If you ask for a draft, I expect to have your corrections/suggestions back the next day. 24 hours max unless we make other arrangements.

You may correct/challenge me over perceived inaccuracies at any time, even after publication, and I will review the offending material with you in depth as time allows.

I have written about many of you on the dropzone and have offended, I guess, most of you at some point. I acknowledge that I am often aggressive, persistent and insistent. I make no apologies, but I do understand that I can make your life a tad difficult.

I take copious notes, but as we have all learned, sometimes that is not enough. I refrain from using tape recorders because they generally interfere with building a substantive rapport, preventing us from having the quality of discussion that I, for one, desire.

Along those lines, I do acknowledge that I possess “selective hearing.” Following from that, my notes can be a selective transcript. I admit this can be problematic, and so, after the recent spate of complaints of my misquoting folks I will refrain from my heavy application of quotation marks and the dramatic zippiness that is created by such usage. In its place I will consider phrasing statements in a more generalized manner.

Unlike Danny Boy, I do not hold grudges, but if your behavior has been atrocious I will ask for an acknowledgment of at least hurting my feelings. I forgive as I am forgiven.

Lastly, I offer you my pledge to be a journalist who strives for impecciblity, telling you a story that is interesting, fair-minded, and helps elevate our perspective to a loftier degree.

Marla,

I want to thank you for joining Dropzone (DZ). I respect and admire your courage in doing so.

I want to: (1) provide a brief summary of the Cooper investigation, (2) provide comments regarding the DZ Cooper Forum in particular, (3) provide my current perspective regarding your story, and (4) provide some questions for you, given that you are kind enough to answer them.

Please fasten your seatbelt. I think you will might appreciate the ideas I have contained.

(A) Cooper Investigation Summary to Date

Available Physical Evidence
Forty years of attempting to gather physical evidence for the hijacking of Flight 305 has been confined to (1) an airline ticket w/signature, (2) a necktie with 3 DNA profiles, (3) as-of-yet unmatched fingerprints, (4) a stairwell warning placard and landing area, (5) unused parachutes/a de-corded reserve chute (6) $5,800 of partially disintegrated Cooper money/fragments, (7) a copy of the radar determined, FBI flight path, (8) Flight 305 flight log, minute by minute, with actual pressure “bump”, and (9) a simulated, reenacted pressure “bump”.

I may be missing minor elements of evidence here (and have intentionally avoided breaking down each piece of physical evidence into separate elemental components), but what was mentioned should be generally regarded, to this point, as the full sum.

Eyewitness Testimony
From the flight crew’s eyewitness testimony, we were provided a physical description of the suspect’s height, weight, hair color/style, and eyes, as well as a physical composite sketch that was considered by the eyewitnesses to be only marginally accurate, and was therefore revised at a later date. We also were provided a fair description/profile of the suspect’s behavior/demeanor.

Missing Physical Evidence
However, as we all could acknowledge, the direct, physical evidence that we don’t have available to this point is far more significant. This would include (1) Dan Cooper’s body, (2) $194,200 in ransom money, (3) Dan Cooper’s parachute, (4) Dan Cooper’s cigarette butts (unfortunately), (5) Dan Cooper’s handwritten instructions for the flight crew, and (6) Dan Cooper’s individuated clothing/gear/hijacking equipment. All of these have kept the true identity of Dan Cooper from being confirmed for a uniquely long period of time.

(B) Dropzone Cooper Forum Culture

Investigative Frustration
While you are obviously well aware of the FBI’s level of frustration with this case, you may not be as aware that the level of frustration among citizen sleuths – especially seasoned, invested, citizen sleuths – have remained palpable as well. The frustration among citizen sleuths with perceived lapses within the initial investigation, the sheer length of time that has elapsed in the unsolved case, the failure to make significant gains in accumulating new physical evidence over the years, and maybe most significantly, the sheer number of false leads, hoaxers, non-empirically-minded investigators, and attention seekers that have either claimed to know Dan Cooper’s identity or claimed to be Dan Cooper himself, has adversely affected the culture here in the forum. While everyone loves a really good mystery, and many get sucked into the Cooper investigation, citizen investigators committed to working on the case have been normally forced to travel down a fairly slow, often limited, and sometimes inefficient path of inquiry. This phenomenon has defined the Cooper Curse.

Investigative Weakness
In addition, if one factors in that humans of all types (even seasoned investigators) are occasionally prone to leaps of logic, prone to speculation and conjecture, prone towards self-importance, and prone to retreat to entrenched Cooper-related investigative beliefs, you may understand at least a portion of the nature of frustration of some in the Cooper Sleuth Community towards a newcomer – even yourself - who steps forward with mostly circumstantial information directly pertaining to the DB Cooper investigation. Unfortunately, as you're aware, there can be only one DB Cooper. The review of various witness testimony in the Cooper investigation alone has been like a large-scale, never-ending version of that old TV game show, “To Tell The Truth”.

As a side, 377 called your entry into the forum discussion a “journey on a kayak down the river Styx”, which is humorous … and laced with truth… ;)

An Apology
Still, Regardless of the contextual background provided, and directly related to the fact that the FBI has not changed their public position stating that you are a credible witness, I feel you are owed an apology for any instances in which a journalist or citizen sleuth within or through this forum has, in an effort to gain information, turned their process of communication or inquiry into a hostile activity. All researchers, including journalists or scientists, are taught fundamentally to be transparent with their inquiry, to be selectively sensitive, and to alleviate or minimize emotional and psychological harm to clients in the course of their investigative conduct. For any level in which this has not happened for you thus far, please know that you have deserved better. I cannot condone this practice. While one may argue whether the limitations of recalling a 40 year old memory is both a strength of your case (i.e., the proof of an excellent memory), or a weakness (i.e. a conveniently limited circumstance to hide behind), in the event that Uncle LD’s culpability is proved, you will deserve to be commended for offering the information that you could accurately recall.

(C) My Perspective

Background
My professional expertise in this forum does not specifically involve parachuting, journalism, or military expertise. My experience is in the field of psychology, particularly in the field of human credibility and motivation. I had a an opportunity to listen to your Symposium presentation, as well as to speak with you briefly at the Ariel Tavern celebration.

At this point, I am inclined to believe in the plausibility of your story. My reasoning for this opinion is a combination of five factors:

(1) The Inclusion of FBI Authority - As previously stated in earlier posts, the FBI, the organization with significantly more knowledge and authority on Cooper than any other comparative source, has thus far deemed you a credible witness. I regard this factor, more than any other, as significant. If this support were hypothetically removed, I would undoubtedly form a different opinion.

(2) The Appearance of Credibility - Your personal and public presentation, demeanor, willingness to be vulnerable and willingness to allow for interview-associated flexibility within the investigation so far is suggestive of one who is being truthful about what they have witnessed. You intentionally avoided attempting to control the interview process at the Symposium, and were comfortable with all questions. In addition, you have faced varying levels of hostility for adhering to what you have believed to be the truth about Uncle LD. Although it is by no means impossible to avoid this inclination in practice, human nature suggests that people tend to avoid perpetually sustained environments of hostility for situations in which an intrinsic truth is absent and not worth upholding. I am not negatively swayed by your desire to write a book as a sign of falsely based, self-promotion, as some in the forum have suggested. From my understanding of human nature, this is a non-issue; people write books originating from both honest/valid motivations, as well as deceptive motivations.

(3) The Presence of Reasonable, Consistent Answers - In the interviews in which I have seen you, including the Symposium, You have provided reasonable answers for all the questions that were asked of you, save the one that the FBI has asked you not to divulge. 377 and I agree that the description of the 1970’s walkie-talkies, you provided – a previously undiscussed detail among Cooper Sleuths – appeared accurate. In addition, your answers have been consistent. You have corrected individuals who have misquoted you on minor details of your story.

(4) The Provision of a Reasonable, Circumstantial Explanation - Although your explanation has been mostly circumstantial so far (yes, I know you are attempting to change this, and we all would like an outcome based primarily on hard physical evidence), in my judgment, the unique nature of your circumstantial explanation is more satisfactory than any provided previously. Specific nuances of the case, details that were not previously known until recently, such as the Dan Cooper comic book connection, and the link to Boeing Inc. As you are probably aware, Bruce Smith’s recent article confirmed that a Dewey Cooper worked for Boeing in the late 60’s. Members of the flight crew have agreed on the similarities between LD’s photo and Dan Cooper’s composite. By comparison, in my judgment, only comparatively weak levels of circumstantial evidence have linked many other proposed culprits. Other culprits, such as Kenny Christiansen, have some elevated level of circumstantial evidence that parallels the Cooper facts, but in KC's case, I have difficulties with reasonably matching some aspects of the known profile description.

(5) An Outside-The-Box, yet As-Of-Yet Non-Contradictory Explanation - In any given investigation that has taken 40 years and turned up little new physical evidence, there is/was always the chance that a fully logical, yet partly circumstantial, outside-the-box explanation would be required. For cases such as this, there are often significant reasons why a perpetrator is not immediately or quickly identified; why an individual can remain off of the recognized investigative radar. The story you have provided fits this profile. I recognize that this is certainly not the position of everyone on the forum; there are those individuals – some well-respected, veteran investigators – who will only be satisfied when direct, physical evidence has satisfied all questions in this case. However, while this would be the ideal in any case, I have significant doubts that there is enough evidence to accomplish this.

I will be looking forward to Agent Eng's next public statement.

(D) Questions For You

(1) The necktie found on Flight 305 contained Titanium metal flakes, which have been linked to Boeing, where it appeared (as you stated) that Dewey worked. Were you aware of any previous situations in which Dewey and LD might have shared clothing? From what you can remember, did both uncles share similar characteristics in terms of weight and height)?

(2) Do you have any specific memory based descriptions of what LD’s personality was like, prior to 1971?

(3) Was the famous Sno-Cap Ice Cream shop on the west end of Sisters open when you lived there? It's in a class of it's own... (smile);)

Thanks for responding.

Green Elf

Next came John. Bruce found his name and posted it for the world to see.

I learned this man's name from Marla's Facebook page, where it was prominently displayed. I didn't know he was a husband or an ex until Marla told me. I posted it here to help shed some light on recent discussions.

Goodbye, Marla. Via con Dios.

Bruce wrote

Remember, if Marla is telling the truth, then her family may be guilty of aiding and abetting a felony, interferring with a federal investigation, and conducting a cover-up for 38 years.

Aside from the statute of limitations having expired long ago, the family members have a perfect defense: Nobody really believed the skyjack story. They saw no hard evidence connecting Dewey and LD to the crime. LD was known to lie about many things including having an MD brother who treated him in the past.

Lost of dysfunctional families humor known liars, like the war hero that never was in the military, the guy with the advanced degree who was a college dropout, etc. They just dont rock the boat.

Enough of the strong arm stuff about family criminal culpability Bruce. It is only tangentially relevant and is a moot point at this late date.

We are probing the accuracy and truthfulness of an adult's memory of what she claims to have witnessed at age 8. That's the main issue.

You are making it hard to tell if Marla's closing up to you and lashing back is evasive or protective.

If you piss someone off, even a truthful person, they sometimes clam up and lash out. That doesnt mean they were lieing to you.

I'm not advocating treating Marla with kid gloves. She has made an extraordinary claim and she should expect extraordinary scrutiny.

I think you could ask the same questions of Marla in a different manner and you'd find a different response.

Border Collies accomplish a lot more than Rottweilers do, in my opinion. Tina probably would have let a Border Collie in, but understandably slammed the door on a Rottweiler.

Find your inner Border Collie Bruce. It will actually improve your journalistic results.

Agreed.