47 47
quade

DB Cooper

If Jo had solved the case we would be getting proof, not yet another "we are almost there and stand by for revelation" post. If anyone is really bored, it would be quite fun to go back and see how many times Jo has posted similar.
(well...not sure about "quite fun" but I did say if really bored) :)

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Georger wrote

in your long patience have you not
learned the difference between her tease and her
gossip - she gossips here about gossip in WA and gossip she is privy to. Now she will be pissed I sprang her leak. Shall I name it!?

So how does one discriminate between Jo teasing and Jo relaying gossip? And yes, spring her leak. You offered and I accept.

Jo's last post doesn't say we are almost there. She says we ARE there. Of course she leaves wiggle room by saying she needs FBI cooperation. Unless Jo produces unambiguous substative evidence, the FBI will ignore her then she'll blame them for her inability to deliver. Yawn...

Jo, why tease? Every undelivered promise further undermines your credibility. You haven't solved the case. Why claim that you have?

And dare I predict that your solving of the case ties Duane to Cooper? In your mind there is no other solution. You've posted elsewhere as Mrs. Cooper. That says it all.

Bruce, who I like, loses me when he strays from Newton and Einstein. I am one of those old fogies who foolishly believes that gravity can't be defeated on any large practical scale. That's why I pay $20 to the DZO to go to 14,000 feet rather than pay to take a Maharishi University levitation course. That's why I wear two parachutes rather than leaping bare and chanting an increasingly desperate mantra as I go past my backwards thinking buddies with deploying canopies.

Bruce, you are sidelined with a blown head gasket in your truck. Forget remote viewing. If you can't use paranormal powers to fix it then borrow some tools and get a repair manual. It's a tedious job, but the parts are cheap. If the head isn't warped (a machine shop can check it for flatness) or the block cracked you could be back in business for the price of the head gasket, some manifold gaskets and sealant. Harbor Freight has cheap tools including torque wrenches for accurately tightening the head bolts.

Then drive to Windsor and interview Sheridan Peterson.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

So how does one discriminate between Jo teasing and Jo relaying gossip? And yes, spring her leak. You offered and I accept.

Jo's last post doesn't say we are almost there. She says we ARE there. Of course she leaves wiggle room by saying she needs FBI cooperation. Unless Jo produces unambiguous substative evidence, the FBI will ignore her then she'll blame them for her inability to deliver. Yawn...

Jo, why tease? Every undelivered promise further undermines your credibility. You haven't solved the case. Why claim that you have?

And dare I predict that your solving of the case ties Duane to Cooper? In your mind there is no other solution. You've posted elsewhere as Mrs. Cooper. That says it all.

The Titanic also "sprung a leak"? We know how that turned out.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Just checking y'all saw the smokejumper article link posted by lodestar (in history and trivia)

...and Blevins... Please, and I am asking this nicely, confine your postings to this thread....it's barely tolerated as it is, no need to antagonize people in other threads. Even if they are about this one :D

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Side Note: This is a portion of a message I sent to Geoff Gray this morning. I don't think it will hurt to post it -

***'I think you should try to contact Hancock or Schaffner again and ask them about the Sky Chef matches. Or ask Himmelsbach. There are only two possibilities. One, they were left in ashtrays for passengers, or available in the terminal. Two, the hijacker had direct or indirect contact with the meal service company somehow. Point: It doesn't make sense for Sky Chef to put out promo matches directed at passengers, because passengers don't pick the meal service and passengers cannot buy meals from Sky Chef on the street. Side Point: We know Cooper took a pack of Raleighs on 305 and it isn't a stretch to say he probably had a smoke or two in the terminal while waiting for the flight to board. If so, once aboard, why would he use matches from the plane? You would think he would be carrying his own, knowing he was a smoker and and what he was planning to do. If the promo matches were not available in the terminal or on board 305, this narrows the possibilities considerably...'

I think it is Gray's job to get to the bottom of this little question, mainly because he mentions it in his book.

Seems I've read somewhere he had matches in his pockets. Regardless, ......

Passengers and the general public could buy meals from Sky Chef "on the street".
We know there was a sky chef restaurant/bar in the Portland terminal that advertised their meal specials in local newspapers. They were probably located in other terminals as well since the company operated terminal as well as airline concessions.

I would imagine there were complimentary matches posted at strategic locations throughout the airport. Or maybe he had the $3.95 lunch special while waiting to board. Or they could be on the airplane as a way of advertising the terminal restaurants. Or...maybe this was in the day when customer service meant something. They could've been provided as a courtesy.
Point being..there seem to be several non-exclusive ways he could've ended up with Sky Chef matches.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Blevins, The paper bag mystery is of little consequence. He either threw it out or took it with him. What was in it? No one is going to find out at this point.

On the Sky Chef matter. Sky Chef prepared inflight meals. In the 1960s and early 1970s, a small package of four cigarettes was routinely included with dinner service. The cigarettes were packaged by their manufacturer. However, I don't remember ever seeing matches prepared by a cigarette company.

So it would be natural for Sky Chef to also provide matches just as it was natural for Sky Chef to provide napkins with their meals. It would also be natural for Sky Chef to provide matches for people who had their own cigarettes and just needed a light. It is very likely that Sky Chef included extra matches which were given to the FAs for just such people.

Maybe Cooper had flown within the previous day, had a meal onboard, and saved the matches and cigarettes. Or maybe a non-smoking passenger had given him theirs and he also saved them. Didn't he smoke exactly eight cigarettes?

Flight 305 probably had a meal served somewhere between Minneapolis and Portland. So maybe the matches and cigarettes were already onboard at Portland.

....Like it wouldn't do any good to try and view Kennedy's assassination if you're hovering over some dive in Newark, N.J. So you'd have to know their general location at the time in order to spy on em or risk getting lost?? I'd hate to think you'd be stuck over Newark for the rest of your days......

Ok...... so this is freaky.... I picked Newark, NJ in my post above because I looked up the stinkiest cities in the US. and it popped up.

What comes in the mail today? A legal notice from Newark, NJ telling me about a toll violation. (Accidentally went through the wrong lane and they don't give you a second chance to get it right)
Within 15 days of 9/29/11, they want 2.30 for the toll (which I will pay) and 25.00 for administrative costs (code for fine), (which, of course, I will dispute - since NJ does a crappy job of directing Georgia drivers (who don't do tolls as a general rule) to the correct lane)). :)
Maybe my mojo quotient is increasing?? B| So far I'm not impressed. >:(;)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Smokin 99: What part of Geogia are you from. If I'd known you lived there, I could have stoped by and visited. Id even have let you drive the red pony. Blevins the matches realy has no value as a clue unless they had DNA or finger prints. I flew a lot back in that time frame I even flew on the Portland Seattle flight in 71 Smoking material was always available.Jerry

Blevins: Shelton Wa. is a small town I went to High School there. I even used to run the camera's at the sky line drive in, when I was 16. Im pretty sure that any damage Bruce has done to the Dormuth,s can be repaired. They just realy don't want to talk about this case.Bruce's tactic's are different and sometimes he steps on a few toes. One thing for sure! I don't think he will be getting much info from key personell in this case any longer. Jerry

Have you ever been on HWY 101 near the town of Forks . or just off I 84 near Baker City Oregon. ....So if you get a chance and your up this way please stop by. Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. I'll try to do so. I never got to Forks or Baker City. Went up the coast only I think to Coos Bay or so. Probably on my way to Eugene. My sweetie has a nephew and his family that live near Othello. When you're headin to or from, most of the time someone wants to hurry. You know. The destination was the whole thing. I've long wanted to get over near Baker City because I've had a strong interest in the Nez Perce. I'm hopin I can get my butt in gear and move up to central Oregon. The problem I have is that I have this stubborn thing about wanting to fix the place myself to sell it. I was makin progress until I got interested in D.B. Sick, huh?

Did the 727 have an internal ladder to service the tail? I tried looking over all of the (minimal) images and literature I have, but can't seem to find anything. I don't see a hatch on top of the tail.

I dont see one in a fast look through my 727 manuals. At airshows I've seen USAF C 5 crewmen pop out of a hatch at the top of the vertical stabilizer to get a good view of the airshow above. I don't thing the 727 vert stab is thick enough to accomodate a similar travel access.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I had the Dormuths this close (*holds finger and thumb together*) to the idea of accepting copies of pictures and documents that they would (at some future date that THEY would decide) show Tina Mucklow. After Bruce got through with them, they suddenly said no to this idea. They DID accept a copy of the book and a letter I wrote for them, but did not respond to it.

And THAT is why I am not happy with Bruce Smith. It's like his policy with witnesses goes like this:

***"Well, if I can't get anything out of them, then I'll make damn sure no one else can, either..."

Dealing with reluctant witnesses in a sensitive case is a lot like that scene from The Wizard of Oz where the Wicked Witch of the West says:

'These things must be done delicately...' B|

First, I'm not taking sides on this issue - Got my own thoughts on the whole Tina/role/privacy issue and they're conflicted.
I'm just confused....
In the past, I thought you said you sent them a letter and copy of the book and they never responded -- period. Did you have further contact than that?

Hominid: seriously what is more fun Learning about the Cooper caper, working on your home or playing Cafe world on face book. Now remember the question was what is more fun not the most important.I'm sure once you get out of California you'll realy enjoy Oregon. When you make the move let me know, I'll take you up to washougal then over to meet Ralph so you can get a little history on the case from one of those that actually worked this case. Jerry

Did the 727 have an internal ladder to service the tail? I tried looking over all of the (minimal) images and literature I have, but can't seem to find anything. I don't see a hatch on top of the tail.

I don't think it could unless access at the lower end was outside and above the center engine and its intake duct. The duct opening looks to be as wide as the stabilizer. Pics showing that duct coming through over the stairs seem to practically fill the horizontal space available inside.

Hominid: seriously what is more fun Learning about the Cooper caper, working on your home or playing Cafe world on face book. Now remember the question was what is more fun not the most important.I'm sure once you get out of California you'll realy enjoy Oregon. When you make the move let me know, I'll take you up to washougal then over to meet Ralph so you can get a little history on the case from one of those that actually worked this case. Jerry

Jerry,

I can narrow it down just a little. Never got into anything Facebook. I have a page and I know I should take some pics and put them on there to share with the huge family I sprang from. Haven't gotten around to the pix though. Other than that sharing thing I just don't get facebook. I had to block some stuff from "friends" cause they wanted to poke every "Like This" they come across on the internet. It makes the in box like a dropzone cooper thread! I hope it all passes like CB radio;-)

Unfortunately, about those other two possibilities, I enjoy Cooper research about like I do maintenance work around the house. I don't really like it. It's interesting and I just can't help myself. I've gotten involved in other things the same way.

One thing I have enjoyed is studying primitive living, native plant uses, etc. I've done that as part of wandering in the wilderness and hunting with a bow. If you have any interest in that kind of stuff, how about dropping names of a few plants you figure are more common up there where there is actually rain. I can look 'em up and start getting prepared for NW wilderness stompin.

The Wright brothers once gazed up in the sky and observed gulls flying and said to themselves, why can’t I do that?

Another man’s desire to emulate behaviors of animals has not been quenched by the passage of time. No, in fact Hominid had the exact same experience with observing animals and pledging to himself that one day he would possess a similar ability.

He was a true pioneer and experienced a great deal of failure along the way. One design led to another and just when he thought there was a solution in sight, the acrid winds of war began to blow. Invasion forces now occupied places that were once free and Hominid volunteered his services.

Training was rough and he felt the envelope was being pushed too far when he was in a formation of ten. His legs quivered and his thighs flexed nervously with the knowledge that he was at the very limits of his abilities and endurance when he crashed. No blame was assigned but Hominid knew who was responsible. This career ending mishap returned Hominid to the streets of civil life where he continued to perfect his craft.

Never far from his seat, Hominid continued to imagine and create until the time was right to release all his knowledge on an unsuspecting group in a violent, abrasive and self important storm of data he could barely contain any longer.

One thing I have enjoyed is studying primitive living, native plant uses, etc. I've done that as part of wandering in the wilderness and hunting with a bow. If you have any interest in that kind of stuff, how about dropping names of a few plants you figure are more common up there where there is actually rain. I can look 'em up and start getting prepared for NW wilderness stompin.

You might like Colin Turnbull's books: his books
on the pygmi hunting culture, his book about an
Amazon tribe 'The Tribe that Hides from Man' ...
he always lived with the cultures he studied and
wrote about to get a firsthand view.

Probably the most ‘primitive form’ of living is associated with those who are devoid of anything resembling a moral compass to guide them through life.

It’s amazing how people can be deep into a sixth decade of life and have absolutely no appreciation for sincerity, honesty or humanity. These are the type who fabricate from whole cloth their realities and then attempt to propagate these false idols upon others under the guise of being ‘folksy’. Kinda surprising that you aren’t aware of this already.

Oh well, you know how they say the best way to cure cancer is through early detection? I have no idea why I asked that question.

Well looks like it’s about time for ‘ol Farfy to scare up some vittles cause I’s gots a powerful hunger. Kinda primitive of me, isn’t it?