47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I have 2 photos I have never scanned. Perhap in the next day or so I will get them scanned. Some of you are in for a SHOCK.
Maybe NOT!

Nothing would shock me here anymore.

It's all heresay but:

" We received a reply from a L.A. producer of
documentaries so I gave him a call. He told me in
passing that among the things they had reviewed
was a request from a Skip Porteous who had been
trying for several years to generate interest in a full-
length feature film about Ken Christianson as DB
Cooper. Mr. Porteous finally gave up because no
one would bite. Porteous was interviewed in 2008
for National Geo, I guess, and that Robert Blevins
in 2009 for some other film. But no one in the
major film industry believes that Christianson was
DB Cooper or that their research had merit and
that's why their book went no where. The word went
out and nobody will touch it with a ten foot pole."

It all goes back to what Lyle originally said: "just a
good idea". Never mind facts or research. NWA
employee hijacks his own airline. Then Porteous calls
Geoff Gray who writes an article - step two. Time
passes. No movie deal. Blevins joins the team, and
the wheels come off what was once "just a good
idea".

Lyle, Porteous, and Gray might have been better off
had Blevins never joined "the team"!

"You want to play Time Machine and take screenshots from God-Knows-When then that is your business. All I know is that there are currently no reviews at Amazon by Geoff Nelder on either book, and haven't been for nearly TWO YEARS. "

so, basically you are trying to say that smok99 was lying because the screenshot was old? the real point here is you said
no such activity ever happened and you never read the reviews or payed attention to them which is also incorrect according
to your battles with Mr Butler.

I asked you yesterday where you got your degree from in Journalism, because I can't understand how you get yourself into problems like this on and off the thread ? I'm still waiting for that answer along with the one that gives you the right to give a "proper diagnoses" for the mentally Ill?

Now, going by your rules it seems you also had deception in regards to not looking at reviews or acknowledging anything that wasn't "current" because it appears to me that Nelder did in fact write a review at one point in which you have yet to admit......

It's sad it has taken 3 pages in order to get the record straight on this issue. personally I can conclude that you did know about reviews and watch them more than you expressed in your earlier comments and seem to feel justified in truth by stating Nelder "currently" has no reviews.

I guess deception has a statue of limitations now?

In closing the screenshot from "God-knows-when" is February 18, 2011, which God-knows is really not long ago.....B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

The date is unknown and the image quality is poor, but there are shadows and notice the hair and the waves. The brightness of the sun and the type glasses make his nose look large. Actually the ending of Duane's nose is narrow and remember the large type wide brimed glasses used by Cooper camoflag the nose.

The glassed had a deep bridge and were worn low. The mouth has shadows as does the face.

This was examined by others and I was told with the correct large dark and heavy rimmed glasse use by Cooper - it is very close. Remember this angle and shadows and glasses change one's appearance - why do you think Cooper used the big wrap around glasses.

Note the hair is as the witnesses have described it. Having lots of problems with my ability to scan photos and hope this photo which is cropped from a poor snap shot will transport to the thread. I didn't think it should be used because of the image everyone thinks Cooper had, but now you have it. The hair and hair line are DEAD on with the composite done. I never knew Duane to have the expression this photo seems to show, but was told it was shaddows and angles.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Note how the glasses and angle change the appearance of the nose. The witnesses saw Duane sitting - NOT standing. They saw the demeanor in his face and this that appearance.

One you have seen!

This photo - also show his wavy hair with lots of product on it and note the appeance of the forehead and nose (and then put the Sun Glasses on this photo with his hair being dark and you again will see Cooper).
As was in the composite - the one the FBI did because the Bing composite they DID NOT AGREE ON. The Bing composite was done quickly and without the witnesses having time to compose themselves.

Cooper had shiny dark hair which represented dyed hair in 1971. I personally covered my gray with the same products which may my hair seem straighter. Also humitity is a very strong factor with curly hair.

THis is a picture I never thought I would never ever post. It is a picture of Duane and I. In this picture my very curly hair appears straight and I had product on it to cover the gray. I liked the product because it made my hair straighter. My hair in humitity was curls and some ringlet, but this picture doesn't show that. I also styled it on VERY large Rollers.

I do this NOW because I no long look like the woman in that photo. I look very much like Grey described me. So exposing this photo does NOT seem so
exposed - I guess is the word.

I am a PRIVATE person who has had to make her life with Weber known, but if I had it to do over again. I think I would have made a lot of different choices.

Now that I begin the END of my life - it makes NO difference. Finding the truth is ALL I have left of what I used to be and I am no longer the woman in that photo. One full of laughter and love and hope for the future. There is NONE of that anymore.
NOT since the DAY I understood what Duane had told me and who I had spent 17 yrs of my life with.

The man I knew had Secrets, but what we had was REAL and what we had during those yrs is what really counts. I did NOT know the Criminal - I knew a loving man who loved and protected me from his past.

We are getting some current info on just how difficult it is to find someone who jumped over rugged terrain and mostly likely went in without a deployed canopy. They know where he jumped and they STILL cant find him.

Search For Missing Skydiver Suspended In Washington State. Jan 8 2012

Florida Man Jumped From A Helicopter Wearing A Wingsuit, Vanished

The ground search for a skydiver missing since Thursday was suspended by King County, WA, authorities Sunday with no trace of the missing 29-year-old Floridian having been found.

Kurt Ruppert of Lake City, FL, jumped from a helicopter near Washington's Mt Si on Thursday wearing a wingsuit and a parachute. He had been skydiving with two friends, taking turns jumping from the aircraft. Ruppert did not show up at the landing area, and no one reported seeing his chute deploy.

Authorities conducted a three-day air and ground search using King County Sheriff's Office helicopters, as well as 386 volunteers from 19 agencies covering a 9 square mile area, according to a report from television station KING. The search region was narrowed using information from Ruppert's cell phone as well as the helicopter's route of flight.

But the terrain is rugged, and the weather was uncooperative. The Sheriff said that the areas that could be searched on foot had been covered, and the air search would resume when the weather lifted. His wingsuit was reported to be green and brown, which would likely camouflage the skydiver in the woods. But his parachute was said to be bright blue.

Ruppert reportedly was an experienced skydiver and wingsuit flyer, according to his friend Skydive Palatka (FL) owner Art Shaffer.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

I WISH for somethings I know I WILL never have and to do what I know I can never do - but, I can still WISH! AND I never GIVE UP HOPE and I realize I am on AUTOMATIC IGNORE by all who are here.

Cheer up Jo. Dont confuse disagreement with disrespect. If you were on " AUTOMATIC IGNORE" nobody would respond to you and many do, including me. I hope you are able to make your Spokane trip. I also hope you will show up at the 2013 symposium. I hope Farflung will too.

Can we put the Blevins book review inquistion and venom fest on hold for a while and discuss NORJACK?

Farflung would make a fine trial attorney and I am not being sarcastic. He has demonstrated a real knack for cross examination.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

based on the unfortunate accident has anyone changed any opinions
on Cooper's jump, could this be a possible hint on how hard it is
finding a body in this environment? or is the terrain completely different?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Terrain is VASTLY different. It also was not snowing in Nov 71. Cooper jumped out on the flats with a few hills.. Kurt jumped OVER a pretty good sized glacially sculpted mountain called Mt Si. There was actually a dropzone just a few miles west from there back in the 1970's.
Apparently he left the chopper to the NE of the mountain with the intention of doing what is known as proximity flying. Plenty of youtube you can search for on that. Depending on where he impacted.. who know.. it can be months before someone will locate his remains when the weather warms up.

Edited to add this one to show the diversity of the surrounding terrain..of Mt Si http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux2DboTepjQ

Edited to add a view near Yacolt WAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoX0jT5blo

Edited to add Amboy from Yacolt... aka Cooper Country

Note how the glasses and angle change the appearance of the nose. The witnesses saw Duane sitting - NOT standing. They saw the demeanor in his face and this that appearance.

One you have seen!

Jo, Contrary to your statement, a number of witnesses saw Cooper standing for a lengthy period of time.

Robert99

[377] based on the unfortunate accident has anyone changed any opinions

Terrain is VASTLY different.

+1

Terrain is VASTLY different. It also was not snowing in Nov 71. Cooper jumped out on the flats with a few hills.. Kurt jumped OVER a pretty good sized glacially sculpted mountain called Mt Si. There was actually a dropzone just a few miles west from there back in the 1970's.
Apparently he left the chopper to the NE of the mountain with the intention of doing what is known as proximity flying. Plenty of youtube you can search for on that. Depending on where he impacted.. who know.. it can be months before someone will locate his remains when the weather warms up.

Edited to add this one to show the diversity of the surrounding terrain..of Mt Si http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux2DboTepjQ

Edited to add a view near Yacolt WAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoX0jT5blo

Edited to add Amboy from Yacolt... aka Cooper Country

Nice perspective
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

I have said my peace, after this reply.....I'll sit back and watch the fireworks display if ya don't mind......B|

I have said my peace, after this reply.....I'll sit back and watch the fireworks display if ya don't mind......B|

Well what I would like to know, is why is Skip
Porteous contacting movie producers in LA etc
looking for a movie deal (no question thathe was)
... in EARLY 2008 before Blevins had even joined the
team?

What's the point of so-called research AFTER THE
FACT?

What was Blevins hired to do? Write a book/script
or do research? And why so late in the game? How
can you have a movie before a book/script or
research has even been done ... or was Porteous
counting on Gray's article?

I dont think Ive ever known of a case when a
documentary has been done prior to there being
something 'to' document?

Again it goes back to Lyle's comment in his
interview (which Blevins denies even happened!),
ie. "just a good idea ... for a movie".

This central issue keeps coming up and Blevins just
keeps ignoring it - refuses to address it except to
say 'he wants proof Lyle's interview happened' or
some other strawman.

On a practical note, if you really don't like AB, you should not keep bringing our name up at Dropzone. I know some of you believe that somehow you are 'hurting' us by doing these things. But what actually happens is that people see those posts and end up dropping by to see what we are about for themselves. Every time this happens at Dropzone, i.e. AB is mentioned heavily over several pages...our sales go UP temporarily, especially for Kindle versions. This thread is seen by a lot of people, you know, and not all of them care about DB Cooper. It's kind of in the same vein as the old saying, 'any publicity is GOOD publicity'.

... just another Straw Man. Youve said before.

Here's another correlation for ya.

Publicity for AB Books ~ epidemic rise in three
strains of flu nationwide! They must be linked!
So folk - no more publicity to AB - or you and
everyone you know will be pyuking their guts out for
two weeks and Grandma may even die!

One you have seen!

Jo, Contrary to your statement, a number of witnesses saw Cooper standing for a lengthy period of time.

Robert99

WHO and AT WHAT period of time. The ticket agent and the waiting area to the plane do NOT count because NO one KNEW what was going to happen.

Supposedly Weber went to the bathroom and the witness who purportly saw him coming out and what he was carrying and the way the was carrying it was Alice.

This was only per a writer and I have NOT see any OFFICIAL FBI documents in regard to this. It was not stated if he was standing or sitting when he handed the NOTE to Florence.

Quote any official DOCUMENTS you have regarding this.

Georger: Is this more of your 'just heresay' stuff? Like when you quoted Geoff Gray supposedly saying those things about me...and then Gray emails me saying he didn't? Which makes one of you a well...I don't have to come out and SAY it, right? :S

If you want to ask Porteous something, why don't you ask him yourself? sherlockinvestigationsATGmailDOTCOM

He's read about you in Gray's book. He knows who you are. He would be happy to answer I'm sure. He's pretty good about that.

So your hearsay stuff is better/more reliable than
my hearsay stuff?

Porteous is on record as having contacted a LA
producer in early 2008. You didnt even exist then.

Are you calling Porteous a "liar"?

What if Porteous and lets say Gray had obtained a
movie deal ine arly 2008? Where would you be
today?

One point is: turns out too many times you havent
told the whole story about anumber of things. Maybe
Porteous hasnt been totally honest with you?

Porteous knows who YOU are too!

But its only in your interest to address what you want
to address, in the same manner as before. You
have great consistency and persistence. You made it
a contest of wills with your first step here at Drop-
zone. The rest is history ...

You will probably be here posting the same crap
when you're 90! Or back at Newsvine talking about
the Good Ole Days.

:D

I just went back to view what I posted but the pictures would NOT down load for me on my end.

Where any of you able to view those photos. Seems I have some kind of corruption in my photo system. I have never seen those emblems before that came up on the photos.

Let me know if any one was able to down load them and view them.

The last photo I will post is of Duane and Myself, but don't want to go thru the process if no one can view them.

I guess I need a new computer and I think maybe I have been infected with some kind of virus.
When I got up the other day - my computer had turned on ALL by itself and then strange things happened.

So very very tired - I wanted those pics to post. Can anyone help?

It has taken a lot of courage for me to post this pic. But since I NO longer look like that I figured what harm would it do? At least you guys will know I really do exist.

I am especially interested in response from the pic with the ORANGE sweater/vest thing Weber had on. I know the photo was after 1969 and before 1972.
That is all I know about that pic.

His wife was with him in the pic and I cropped her out. I was told the pic was made in N.C. or S.C. - really do NOT remember.

The ex-wife sent the pic with the oranges sweater YRS ago.

Note my hair is curly and in the pic I am attaching I was starting to gray and use product on my hair. The product made my hair more managable and relaxed the curls. The area the pic was made in was DRY and not humid like it is in FL. Now you know what Duane and I looked like as a couple.

Duane CLEANED UP mighty nice don't you think? What pics I have seen from his past - baggy pants and dressed what I considered rather poorly....I never knew the man in the old pictures.

Whatever he was prior to my meeting him - well, it is what it is.
He had some mannerism I criticized him about....but, it only took my saying I felt his actions or verbage was inappropriate.

He was on his BEST behaviour when we met, but as a relationship formed, a few of what should have been "hints" to me of his past would surface. I would correct him and he would then make sure he did not use that word or make that action.

His family was a very appropriate family from what I know and had tenure in the areas. His bad habits had been picked-up in prison.

He finally became what he had always wanted to be. He made his sister proud and even his brother in retrospect.

I remember the sister's reactions the first and only time she met me in 2004 when she was in the hospital. Her face lit up - when she realized I was not the woman she had met before.

I am glad I asked John if she wanted to meet me under the circumstances - she thought I was that other woman. Her letters after recovering from her heart attack reflected all of this.

Very thankful I got to meet his brother, sister-in-law and sister.
I knew he had come from good solid stock. It took a lot of yrs for him to grow-up. Now that I know his background - I am more appreciative of what he did with his life.

He became the man he was meant to be and he tried to make up for his past and his mistakes. He would give you the shirt off his back and he was polite and considerate. He was loved by all who knew him.

We were not rich, but we were never poor and he worked hard to make an honest living. No one will ever forget his smile and how he was so willing to help others. He was generous when we really could not afford to do so, but it made him feel good.

Outside of one ex-wife, those he left behind in his past - no one had a bad word to say about him. He just never let them learn about his past....he later became all he could be.

Can you even imagine living in a world - one in which you had to guard everything you did or say or you could end up not having a job or in prison. YES, he lived a life hiding his past - and I wish I had known this before he died. I knew he had a past - I just did NOT press for the details - only what he offered.

His mother and his father would have been very proud of what he became....I did not know the man who had resided in multiple prisons and who had done things out of desparation and complete disregard for the lives of others.

BUT, Duane Weber was who he said he was. He knew such a story would NOT impress me and he had NO reason to try to leave me with bad memories. I wish he had never made that confession and better yet, I wish I had never have found out who Dan Cooper was.

Love Ya All - but, Blevins I have no respect for. His methods are a little low by my standards.

One you have seen!

Robert99

WHO and AT WHAT period of time. The ticket agent and the waiting area to the plane do NOT count because NO one KNEW what was going to happen.

Supposedly Weber went to the bathroom and the witness who purportly saw him coming out and what he was carrying and the way the was carrying it was Alice.

This was only per a writer and I have NOT see any OFFICIAL FBI documents in regard to this. It was not stated if he was standing or sitting when he handed the NOTE to Florence.

Quote any official DOCUMENTS you have regarding this.

Jo, You are getting more silly with ever passing day! I thought you said you had stopped "smoking".

Where can the OFFICIAL document stating that Duane ever mentioned Cooper to you be found? Using your logic, it wouldn't count anyway since you admittedly didn't know what he was talking about. And this was only from one "writer" [you].

Can you quote an OFFICIAL FBI document that the airliner was even hijacked in the first place?

Robert99

Here’s a case study (I know, I know, the “Star Chamber” hates them) about a body which was found with what I would characterize as extremely narrow search attributes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/jesse-capen-missing-remains-superstition-mountain_n_2218676.html

Yep, three years to find what was a six foot four inch, 220 pound man, within half a mile of his camp, in the desert. My goodness. Keep in mind that this was someone who got lost walking and not flying or skydiving.

Way, way, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much is made about hunters and hikers regarding this stuff. Way too much. Hunters and hikers walk where people walk. Doesn’t seem nearly as profound when presented in the written word, but it is true. Aircraft and skydiver crash sites can be anyplace which is subject to the effects of gravity.

So where precisely was Mr. Capen? He was apparently wedged at the bottom of a crevice, of a piece of rock, which was cleaving away from a cliff or butte. This is similar to hundreds if not thousands of formations common to the area. That is someplace which I would be willing to bet that no hunter or hiker, and I’m even going to add - human has ever explored. I’m pretty sure the bodies which end up on trails, sidewalks and moderately flat terrain are recovered relatively quickly. But someone searching, specifically for this man, noticed his sneaker from some distance and managed to close this ‘mystery’.

Ever been on a real life (not Walter Mitty) search for something that wasn’t keys, a remote control for the TV, or golf ball with a bad lie? I didn’t think so. But the attached article should allow a bit of perspective where it takes dozens of people, almost three years, to find a missing giant, within a nine football field radius, of his Jeep and tent. And they knew he was on foot.

Don’t worry about trying to narrow the search field, because this story had a conspiracy also. Apparently there was some ‘witness’ (code for massive douche bag), who had information that Capen was searching the area with an unidentified person, and may have been a victim of foul play! These people never fail to show up, no matter what.

Here’s one from some territory the average ‘Desk Jockey’ could appreciate. Another missing person, who vanished along with his car:

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=787.0

This is an accounting of how he went missing, search parties were formed, that website created, reward offered and how his body and car were found a week later. That’s right, within 30 feet of an Interstate shoulder and against a sound wall separating the ever vigil suburbs. I’ve attached some imagery of the thicket/wilderness which concealed his car and body from searchers, police and several tens of thousands of drivers who must have passed that location during the week.

Hard to believe? I guess having to consider how far our collective heads are up a singular ass isn’t very flattering no matter how accurate. So what are the odds of finding the wing-suit jumper? Cooper? Anyone want to add some ambiguity to the equation with conspiracies, deception or unbridled manipulation? The deck is stacked in your favor if you want to blur the picture as it is already extremely difficult with lots of good information and resources (Steve Fossett) or a painfully narrow search area like these two examples.