47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Leave it you 377 to find something like that...

The vulture Parrot feeds on nuts and soft fruits... well the VULTURE I referred to with EAT anything.

You know that look one gets when they see and smell something distastful.. something so distastful they want to vomit?

How I feel about Bruce's postings regarding me and his mannerisms reflected in his writings about a subject he doesn't care much for.

Bruce is ALL about sensationalism and not the characters and he doesn't care about the truth - he just wants to be heard and to sell a book or article.

He only defeats himself with that attitude..
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

Robert99 says in part:

'Back in the hijacking time frame, those clip on ties could be purchased even in drug stores for only a buck or two. I think someone has indicated that this particular tie was a more upscale one that was sold by Penney's.

The fact that it was a clip on tie does not necessarily mean that Cooper worked in a machine shop. In my opinion, a clip on tie (or no tie at all) in a machine shop would be a good idea from a safety standpoint. Nevertheless, for ever clip on tie you show Tom Kaye, he can show you pictures of machinists wearing fully knotted ties.

The uranium is probably the best clue of all about where Cooper worked. The tie would be supporting evidence if it turns out he did work in a machine shop that had a safety rule requiring clip on ties.

Robert99'

The tie has already been established as one sold specifically by JC Penneys.

I'll assume you mean 'titanium' rather than 'uranium'.

Seattle FBI has told me on the phone and through emails that the DNA profile is just ONE profile and is a partial profile only. I was told this profile cannot 100% identify any particular suspect as the hijacker, (if you compare what they have to a full DNA profile from a suspect) but it can eliminate a suspect. What that means...you would have to ask a DNA expert, which I am not.

There are many possibilities about the tie. It could have been previously used by someone other than the hijacker. (Thrift store purchase or a borrow) It could have been contaminated by the FBI itself, or their labs, since no one knows how much it was handled between 1971 and when it was tested for DNA, or later examined by the Citizen Sleuths team. The chain of evidence on this tie is extremely suspect unless the FBI can provide details on its handling and storage over the years.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I have a theory in the event that KC turns out to be Cooper. The tie could have been Geestman's. He worked on the 727 program at Boeing. Or...we already know that Kenny's route to work when he lived in Sumner took him right past the old JC Penney's store in Auburn. Same route for Geestman when he worked for Boeing, and later for Foss Tugs. Prior to the hijacking, there was no Highway 167 ('Valley Freeway') and this was the most common route between Bonney Lake or Sumner and Seattle. A long time back I posted up a map showing the route(s). How do I know this? I grew up right there, back on the old farm just outside of Sumner.

Hmmm. That would mean that 0.528546 the dna does not
match but 0.4715% is enough to constitute a statistically reliable
exclusion, on the Goldman scale. That's 0.6818 and 0.3182 on
the Ubers scale.

Do you agree?

Which scale do you think the more reliable - Goldman or Ubers?

:)

Georger - rather JW, I need to speak with you...so open your PM for me. I Know most of what is going on and down...

When I saw the pictures of a certain woman - I then knew I knew the entire story - but in bits and pieces over the yrs...and it went right where I thought it was going.

Anything I tell you cannot be repeated here or on the other place. YOU guys never thought JO could put it all together.

I had bits and pieces here and there - but NOT enough!!

Now have - the missing links.

You know who JM & JN is? OF course you do. Just how many of you actually knew the truth...and mostly I regret the good yrs of my life that was expended on this. Have you & the others exhausted yourselves trying to silence me?

Note neither one of the above are questions.

Sluggo failed miserably with me....I know most of the story now - but not the specific why!

NO one expected technology to advance as it did...and for him to survive much less still be alive many yrs later.

Have I told you enough?

Pictures do NOT lie!

BS will never get to first base with Ralph! Cook and others have gone to see him in the past - always someone writing a book, but he only tells each of them what they want to hear...

Good Guy! AND pretty damn sharp!
Still taking jumpers up and working and how old is he now...77 or 78?

When the Jefferson pics were made available last year I popped some off to him - but he made NO real comment regarding them....but, I knew about JN & BRR & a couple of others - just had NO proof. WELL! Maybe I do NOW!

Yea, 377 that is a TEASE, but it is for real...you will never guess what I have? NO it is not one of the 20's wish it was....then I would not have to worry about the engine light on my 2003 Buick...

RobertMBlevins

******Robert99 says in part:

'Back in the hijacking time frame, those clip on ties could be purchased even in drug stores for only a buck or two. I think someone has indicated that this particular tie was a more upscale one that was sold by Penney's.

The fact that it was a clip on tie does not necessarily mean that Cooper worked in a machine shop. In my opinion, a clip on tie (or no tie at all) in a machine shop would be a good idea from a safety standpoint. Nevertheless, for ever clip on tie you show Tom Kaye, he can show you pictures of machinists wearing fully knotted ties.

The uranium is probably the best clue of all about where Cooper worked. The tie would be supporting evidence if it turns out he did work in a machine shop that had a safety rule requiring clip on ties.

Robert99'

The tie has already been established as one sold specifically by JC Penneys.

I'll assume you mean 'titanium' rather than 'uranium'.

Seattle FBI has told me on the phone and through emails that the DNA profile is just ONE profile and is a partial profile only. I was told this profile cannot 100% identify any particular suspect as the hijacker, (if you compare what they have to a full DNA profile from a suspect) but it can eliminate a suspect. What that means...you would have to ask a DNA expert, which I am not.

There are many possibilities about the tie. It could have been previously used by someone other than the hijacker. (Thrift store purchase or a borrow) It could have been contaminated by the FBI itself, or their labs, since no one knows how much it was handled between 1971 and when it was tested for DNA, or later examined by the Citizen Sleuths team. The chain of evidence on this tie is extremely suspect unless the FBI can provide details on its handling and storage over the years.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I have a theory in the event that KC turns out to be Cooper. The tie could have been Geestman's. He worked on the 727 program at Boeing. Or...we already know that Kenny's route to work when he lived in Sumner took him right past the old JC Penney's store in Auburn. Same route for Geestman when he worked for Boeing, and later for Foss Tugs. Prior to the hijacking, there was no Highway 167 ('Valley Freeway') and this was the most common route between Bonney Lake or Sumner and Seattle. A long time back I posted up a map showing the route(s). How do I know this? I grew up right there, back on the old farm just outside of Sumner.

Hmmm. That would mean that 0.528546 the dna does not
match but 0.4715% is enough to constitute a statistically reliable
exclusion, on the Goldman scale. That's 0.6818 and 0.3182 on
the Ubers scale.

Do you agree?

Which scale do you think the more reliable - Goldman or Ubers?

:)
Yeah, yeah. You have to demonstrate how unbelievably intelligent you are. But you could use a lesson or two in reading comprehension. You must have missed this part:

'I was told this profile cannot 100% identify any particular suspect as the hijacker, (if you compare what they have to a full DNA profile from a suspect) but it can eliminate a suspect. What that means...you would have to ask a DNA expert, which I am not. (Highlighted portion)

This is just another example of you trying purposely to trash this thread, Georger. That message concerning the sample came from a Seattle FBI agent via both email and a personal phone call to my office. And instead of making any reasonable comment about it, you use it as a device to (attempt) to show how smart YOU are...and how dumb EVERYONE ELSE is.

Are you here simply to leap on my every post? Why don't you just mail me a letter instead, rather than expressing your dislike in bits and pieces? It's much more efficient and could be a form of catharsis for you. :S

That hatred will eat you up. Not worth it. What's REALLY bugging you was that I corrected Robert99 on the tie and that it wasn't uranium, but titanium. Get over it. B|

How about you stop the Georger bashing for a change! HuH?????

My post is 100000% on topic. You are the one who said he was
knowledgeable about genetics (your first year here). Just
because you aren't and you were bragging does not mean I and
everyone else have to be reduced to the status of morons just
to make life easy for you - here!

My advice? REED THE THRED! Study something about the FBI
Codis system and make good on your claim "I know something
about genetics".

And, get off my back and stop the Georger bashing, and the
bashing of everyone else you consider a threat!

Get a life.

Would you like a vacation on the Gulf.
Could use some with some tools sense and car solutions.

1 mile to the bay and then anothermile to the GULF...the only untained part of the GULf left..

On can walk 9 miles along the water and see NO houses - a protected reserve...I can't walk it alone but sure would love to do it on more time before I can't do it at all. Need a walking partern on my right side - cane is useless in the sand.

My new a/c is really nice - it is so hot nad humid here that I was miserable with their waiting on dealer part.

This house in no in a flood plain , but I need to get off the coast line because of my health....just need someone to walk me thru the process and travel with me to small area in N.GA, Tenn, S.C. and N.C. NEED 1400 square ft bunglow in a decent area. and NOT too far from a hospital

Monday I spent 5 hour in the ER and came home got a couple of hours sleep and then back to Gulf breese for an abdominal scan.

Tim stated wth me when he was hear and gray brought clouds and the rain with him so we didn' go to the beadh.

Haven had a bathing suit on in 7 yrs plus...JUst can go alone.. The girl who knocked a shark on the top of his haead ad he turn and ran away...I as scared when he came at me I jamed m hand down on his face.

He treated me like mama.

A very handsome creature, Three-Seven-Seven. Unfortunate name for a beautiful bird, though.

By the way, T-S-S, Bobby suggests that I ask RH safe, non-threatening questions. What do you suggest along those lines?

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Seen any good movies lately?

2. Do you like fried chicken?

3. Do you think Duane ever lied to his wife?

4. Why do people think you (RH) know anything about DB Cooper?

5. Do you (RH) think Curtis Eng had sex with Marla?

I figure that should get the conversation going. Plus, Jo promised to call him first, so that should put him the proper frame of mind for a jolly good chin-wag, I say!

And Bruce, Ralph Hatley HATES HATES HATES Obama so don't lean left in his presence if you want a cooperative interview.

Ralph probably has his own ideas about Norjack and it would be interesting to hear them. He has been part of the NW skydive scene since dinosaurs roamed the DZs. VERY knowledgeable about gear. He might be able to look at the pics of the dug up Amboy canopy and see clues that others have missed. Be sure to show him the photo of the data panel, the one with the date stamp on it.

Ralph would give you a warm welcome if you were a life member of the NRA, but somehow I doubt that you are. ;)

Funny that you should be asking about my relationship with the NRA, as my therapist was just asking me questions along those lines, too.

"Do you have any guns in the house," she asked a couple of sessions ago. Her supervisor was encouraging her to develop a crisis plan with me.

Fortunately, I got rid of my guns years ago. I may be crazy but I ain't stupid.

Well, I'm not crazy, technically, either, but I do have a diagnosis, if you catch my drift.

RobertMBlevins

I didn't say safe. I said 'non-threatening'. And other things. You've had some good interviews, such as Norman Hayden for example. Others, you put off the witness so badly they never wanted to speak to you again. As I said before, when you go that route, it's a one-shot deal and then quoth the raven 'Nevermore'. You think that is good interview technique?

Sometimes you have to develop a relationship first before someone will open up to you. I mean if you ENJOY getting blown off by people that's your business, but it isn't the best way to get results.

Do you believe the person you are interviewing owes you somehow? Not a chance. It's the other way around. You owe THEM. You are the one trying to get information, and it is up to them to decide whether to give it to you. Manners and a non-threatening attitude garner better results. Failure to do these things just means your interview list gets smaller all the time...and you have no chance for a follow-up. An article later where you say 'they wouldn't talk to me or answer my questions' isn't an article at all...but a revelation on poor interview technique.

Smart reporters don't do one-shot-only interviews and then burn their bridges behind them. They establish relationships, trust, and rapport with the people they interview.

There is ONE exception to this. In the event you are interviewing someone who you believe is deliberately hiding something important to cover their own ass...then a bit of leeway is allowed. Anyone else should be treated with respect. Not necessarily because the interviewee deserves such treatment, (although they probably do) but because it gets better results for the reporter. And that is The Thing. Your results.

Well, Blevins that was some good advice....Bruce BLOWS interviews because of his aggressive personality.

Sorry I made a post last night after I took my medication. That is a NO NO NO! Now I have a note on the computer....DO NOT POST after taking your bed time pill.

No reply from you. I expected that.

I do suggest you talk to me - not a PM or an email....I cannot record conversation. There are thing happening and if you have the knowledge & access you CLAIM, then you are already aware of these things.

Do you like the word AWARE? When I spoke about AWARE there were NO responses....nor my mention of specific names connected to WA and to AWARE and to the skyjacking of 1971.

Well, it can NO longer be ignored!

Robert there's a reason why i want to play Kenny as a child
My whole life has been pretty awful I'v had to move to 3 different places I used to live in Seattle I had a happy life in Michigan but then my dad got laid off by Kellogg and I had to move to Atlanta when I moved I lost my friends I lost my Girlfriend Sarah I lost Martinis Pizza I lost Full City Cafe I lost my Chocolate Tuxedo Cake I lost everything since I moved I could not even bear to make friends not even at my new elementary school and at my private school Since I moved here I have had an awful life since:(
that's why I'm hopping that this could be my big break I have acted before in school plays but i really want to play the child version of Kenny Christiansen

RobertMBlevins

I live in Seattle but I want to move to New Mexico, and I probably will in a few more years. The Roswell Chamber of Commerce invited me there. Said I'd fit right in. Yeah. I'll bet. They saw my book The Corona Incident when I had it out in paperback. It's about three people who go back in time to find out if the Roswell Crash really happened. B|

Blevins, With your persecution complex, I'm sure that you managed to do the time travel thingy and ended up even identifying the crew of the UFO.

I'll bet the UFO Captain's name was Georger. Although he was killed in the initial UFO crash, was autopsied, and spent several decades frozen solid in the refrigerator at WPAFB, OH, the USAF eventually thawed him out and revived him.

Then they dipped him in something or the other to conceal his origin and gave him a new assignment. Today, he teaches physics at a university in mid-America. Unfortunately, he teaches only Earth physics and claims he never heard of any other kind of physics.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Cooper-Related: Bradley Collins' book has been out for a while now. It's the book claiming his father and his uncle (?) were involved in the hijacking. The news article from the Sequim Gazette has a picture of the two men. The guy with the sunglasses is supposed to be Cooper. I have no comment on this story, since I haven't read the book yet. Mr Sunglasses does bear a reasonable resemblance to the hijacker, though...

Bradley Collins was an interesting character. He showed up the day before the DB Cooper symposium in Tacoma last year. When talking to him, he gave what sounded like a scripted story -- include poems like the ones at the end of the article.

Then, he did said he could not stay for the symposium, which struck me as very odd because having a large group of people knowledgeable about the case would have been a great way to publicize his book.

Finally, Bruce showed up and didn't let him give his canned speech and prodded him with questions. He left upset and his wife (who also claimed to be his agent) had to come back in and talk to Bruce. I'd have to say Bruce wasn't exactly challenging him with hard questions, either.

And, his second book is coming out because he couldn't fit all of the information in his first book? Even though it only ran 66 pages?

I thought 377 might have ordered his book. Good for him, as I speak as possibly the only person to have bought GreyCop's book (which I'm happy to send to anyone who wants to read it. ),

MarkBennett

Cooper-Related: Bradley Collins' book has been out for a while now. It's the book claiming his father and his uncle (?) were involved in the hijacking. The news article from the Sequim Gazette has a picture of the two men. The guy with the sunglasses is supposed to be Cooper. I have no comment on this story, since I haven't read the book yet. Mr Sunglasses does bear a reasonable resemblance to the hijacker, though...

Bradley Collins was an interesting character. He showed up the day before the DB Cooper symposium in Tacoma last year. When talking to him, he gave what sounded like a scripted story -- include poems like the ones at the end of the article.

Then, he did said he could not stay for the symposium, which struck me as very odd because having a large group of people knowledgeable about the case would have been a great way to publicize his book.

Finally, Bruce showed up and didn't let him give his canned speech and prodded him with questions. He left upset and his wife (who also claimed to be his agent) had to come back in and talk to Bruce. I'd have to say Bruce wasn't exactly challenging him with hard questions, either.

And, his second book is coming out because he couldn't fit all of the information in his first book? Even though it only ran 66 pages?

I thought 377 might have ordered his book. Good for him, as I speak as possibly the only person to have bought GreyCop's book (which I'm happy to send to anyone who wants to read it. ),

My opening line with Bradley was, "So, you got a twenty?"
He didn't laugh, so I began explaining.

"Do you have any gear or physical stuff from the skyjacking, like the parachute, Bradley?"

He looked at me quizzically and I explained further.

"Listen Bradley, you're telling me your father was DB Cooper, so I'm asking how you can prove it."

Oh, I can prove it," he replied.

"Good, so what do you have?

"You'll have to read my book."

"What the hell are you talking about,?" I replied. "You don't have any proof - all you have is a coy come-back?"

After a pause, I realized Bradley was a delicate boy, so I reframed questions so I might get something of value out of him. "Do you have a copy of your book that I can read? Can I buy one so I can read it?"

"Soon, it'll be coming out shortly, " Bradley said.

"Well, in the meantime can we talk DB Cooper? Can you at least tell me why you say your father was DB Cooper?"

At that point Bradley sat down with me on the bench. Mark and the gang were standing off to the side, about fifteen feet away. My conversation lasted about ten minutes with Mr. Collins. It was basically along the lines of "My gut instincts tell me that my dad was Cooper."

I probed and tried to find out more about his life as a kid, but the conversation basically went nowhere and I told him so. He got upset that I didn't accept his statements at face value.

When his wife came back and spoke with me, I told her point blank, "Look, Rebecca, if your husband is going to be parading around the world telling everyone that his father is DB Cooper he better be ready for some tough questions. This is the Big Leagues, so get ready. When you have definitive proof, let me know."

Note: I think her name is Rebecca.

Later, Bradley's publisher got a hold of me and sent me a complimentary copy of the book. I read it. It's more satisfying then my conversation with the author. He's got a ton of circumstantial information on his father and Cooper, such as the fact that his father's brother was a hot shot 727 pilot with NWO.

In the book, what struck me most was that his father was a kind of wheeler-dealer-flim-flam kind of guy and the pilot-brother was intimated by him. Over time there got to be some real sticky business between them, and eventually the brother came over to Bradley's family home and moved in for a few days. He then killed himself with a hand gun shot to the head.

Now, that's a story. Again, it's not DB Cooper, but it's real. The Vortex is full of this stuff.

Clearly, we seeing that a lot of men in this world lead very secret lives - EVick's dad, Bradley's, Gossett, Duane, Kenny, Barb/Bobby, Ted B, Don Burnworth, Lynne Doyle...

Do you believe the person you are interviewing owes you somehow?

Yes, I do believe that they owe me something.

And I owe them something in return.

They owe me the story, told fairly and completely.

I owe them the respect to listen, and then to write the piece in a timely fashion. I also owe the readers something - the time and effort to verify the story.

Being nice or making friends with interviewees is all icing on the cake. Yes, LTRs are cool, but they're hard to come by. That kind of respect is usually earned in the writing.

The Bottom Line is always what I write - how I place them in the public's eye.

Blevins, With your persecution complex, I'm sure that you managed to do the time travel thingy and ended up even identifying the crew of the UFO.

I'll bet the UFO Captain's name was Georger. Although he was killed in the initial UFO crash, was autopsied, and spent several decades frozen solid in the refrigerator at WPAFB, OH, the USAF eventually thawed him out and revived him.

Then they dipped him in something or the other to conceal his origin and gave him a new assignment. Today, he teaches physics at a university in mid-America. Unfortunately, he teaches only Earth physics and claims he never heard of any other kind of physics.

Robert99
;):D:ph34r::D
Robert99 - this is twice recently I had to chuckle reading your postings. You do have a sense of humor and the wit to go with it.

BruceSmith

My opening line with Bradley was, "So, you got a twenty?"
In the book, what struck me most was that his father was a kind of wheeler-dealer-flim-flam kind of guy and the pilot-brother was intimated by him.

Is this another of those homosexual stories?

Bradley Collins obviously has a sincere belief that his late father Jack was DB Cooper. Jack isn't a bad suspect actually IF everything Bradley writes is true. Jack was a seasoned skydiver, knew the Pacific NW area, was a pilot and had a brother Bud who was a Northwest Airlines 727 captain. Jack had money problems and wasn't averse to a few scams to keep his cash flow coming, e.g. taking out disability insurance policies and then having a series of bone breaking minor skydiving landing accidents that got the insurance money coming in. Bradley also writes that his Dad disappeared for five days spanning the Nov 24 1971 DB Cooper skyjack date. It would be interesting to see if this absence can be independently verified.

According to the author, Jack was promptly questioned by the FBI after the skyjack but nothing further happened. It would be interesting to know why the FBI apparently ruled him out as a suspect.

BUT the author publishes an alarming series of incorrect or twisted facts that even a cursory Google search would have caught, so it makes the reader question the accuracy of everything in the book. Much is made of Bradley's recollection of conversations with his Dad and overheard conversations involving his Dad. Are these recollections accurate? The reader is left to wonder

Examples:

1. The author writes that Howard Hughes headed NWA and cites Hughes's death as a pivotal point for his Dad and his Uncle as it marked a loss of possible forgiveness for DB Cooper, whose caper Bradley imagines would have amused "Uncle Howard". Howard Hughes owned Air West, not NWA. Air West never became NWA. Hughes played major roles in TWA and Air West but had no ownership or control of NWA ever. The author even fantasizes about Hughes playing cards with his friends and chuckling about the skyjack caper.

2.The author publishes a vivid account of a conversation with his father just prior to the skyjack in which his father discusses an upcoming unusual night jump and demonstrates a wrist watch that with the press of a button becomes an illuminated altimeter. To the best of my knowledge, and I have researched this, no such watch existed in November of 1971, the date of the skyjack. Either the author imagined it or he misdescribed it.

3. The author writes about a WW 2 surplus AT6 aircraft flown by his father and brother and writes that it could fly nearly 400 mph and climb to 30,000 feet. Even with postwar engine upgrades and mods no T6 could match these specs or even come close. Nobody knows more about squeezing performance out of T6s than Reno air racers do and none of them have even come remotely close to 400 mph. The record is about 247 mph. Ceiling is roughly 21,000 ft.

4. The author recounts a skydive demonstration jump in bad weather where his father ended up caught in power lines above a body of water. He describes his father using a knife to cut all the lines and then drop into the water below. Bradley is confusing the term "cutaway", which describes a skydivers release of the main canopy by activating mechanical riser releases with an actual cutting of lines with a knife to accomplish the same purpose. It's probably an innocent mistake in which vague childhood memories and the passage of time have blurred the facts but it calls into question how accurate the author's recollection are.

The author speculates that his father Jack recruited Bud to be the ground man who would meet him on terra firma after parachuting from the skyjacked NWA 727. Its a long story but the author implies that Bud's later suicide was a direct result of his involvement in the crime. Why a well paid NWA airliner captain would risk a felony conviction and loss of his prestigious career for $100,000 (half the loot) is puzzling to say the least.

The author's account of how Jack would find Bud after jumping from the 727 at night is naively simplistic. Bud would simply blink his car headlights, Jack would see them, and they would meet up and drive away. Since Cooper had no direct control over the flight path and only a rough idea of his location from visual clues such a rendezvous would be highly improbable. Miracles do happen though, look at how close some other skydiving skyjackers landed to their intended destination, e.g. Richard McCoy and Rob Heady.

Sure I am nit picking, but accuracy is very important in non fiction. That said, the story is both interesting and entertaining. Jack was quite a character and it's fun to read about his life. In spite of all the book errors Jack Collins seemed to have the skills needed to be Cooper. Does the author present any probative evidence to support the title: My father Was DB Cooper? The answer is no. It's all circumstantial and speculative.

Bradley Collins needs to clean up the errors and republish the book if he expects his claim to be taken seriously. Can I rule out Jack Collins as DBC? No, I can't, but he joins a long list of fathers, husbands, brothers etc whose surviving relatives are convinced that DB Cooper was a family member.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Hominid

***My opening line with Bradley was, "So, you got a twenty?"
In the book, what struck me most was that his father was a kind of wheeler-dealer-flim-flam kind of guy and the pilot-brother was intimated by him.

Is this another of those homosexual stories?

Oops. A typo. The uncle was intimidated by Bradley's father. Bradley's account of the suicide sounded to me like their dealings were sinister, as if Jumping Jack Flash manipulated Bud into some slimy felony.

This is the point. Brad could straighten this all out if he just told a complete story. Maybe someday he'll be up for the task.

RobertMBlevins

Read All The President's Men if you haven't already. It should be required Journalism 101 material. Everything I learned about interviews and gathering info from reluctant people I learned from that book. :)

Me, too.

Check-in time at the Reality Hotel. Your interview method is nothing like Woodward and Bernstein's. (Mine only aspires to it) I like it that you read the book though.

Really? I understand that Bernstein was a real son-of-a-bitch. Woodward was the suck up who made nice. He still is, and even had the stomach to be nice to W.

Can you imagine me one-on-one with Georgie? Whew! He'd be running out of the room and screaming, "I don't want to ever, ever hear the words 'WMD' ever again! Mommy!!!!!!! Cousin Brucie doesn't like me and isn't playing fair."

How about me and Bernie? Wanna watch????????

Set it up, dude.

RH Update!

Sail just got in touch and says he wants to do a road trip to RH and talk about Cossey, Petey, et all. Now, that sounds like a good angle.

Sail also has volunteered to drive his Prius down, so it won't have Obama stickers, etc. on it. No guns, either.

Speaking of which, the sweetest one I had was was a 50 cal Hawkins black powder rifle. Sold it to finance a trip to Nashville...

Besides, RH sounds like the kind of guy to keep us supplied in case we need to blow anything up.

RobertMBlevins

Bruce says in part:

Really? I understand that Bernstein was a real son-of-a-bitch. Woodward was the suck up who made nice. He still is, and even had the stomach to be nice to W.

Can you imagine me one-on-one with Georgie? Whew! He'd be running out of the room and screaming, "I don't want to ever, ever hear the words 'WMD' ever again! Mommy!!!!!!! Cousin Brucie doesn't like me and isn't playing fair."

How about me and Bernie? Wanna watch????????

Set it up, dude.

It's possible the newspaper reporter who got the updated report on Kenny is already doing that. Why don't we leave it to them. I understand your feelings about 'Georgie' (George Bush) though. I once ran a poll at Newsvine asking people to name just three things he did that were good while he was in office. Nobody could name three together, but the two most common responses were these:

1) AIDS program in Africa

2) Established new National Park in Hawaii.

And that was about it.

Some folks tried using 'No Child Left Behind' but I disallowed that answer in advance because Bush never funded the program effectively. I do share your pain about the eight years he was in office. :|

Book Review: I've read Bush's book (Decision Points), I've read the First Lady's book (Spoken From The Heart). Her book is WAY better. She even does a heart-to-heart about the car accident where she was driving and a friend of hers got killed. After I read it, I thought SHE should have been running things. :)
I'll assume that since no one asked to see the speaker program that if anyone wants they can view it at our website later. No problem. I get accused of advertising enough here already. (EDIT: It's there if you want it) Gotta go. Today is Driving Miss Daisy day. :)

Wow.....It's amazing when Yellowoxide wrote a satirical post, it's amazing how accurate he was.

Pretty sneaky way of getting your political commentary in.

Why is that not appropriate?

First, it's not the topic of this forum.

Second, it's a topic that people have such strong feelings about, it shouldn't be brought up unless others are expecting it.

Third, your comments are partisan. Anyone who can't find three things George Bush did that they liked (or, for the other side, three things Barack Obama did that they liked), the person is just partisan and can't engage in an honest discussion.

Case in point: Many of these people who were screaming bloody murder at George Bush's alleged abuses of power are perfectly ok when Barack Obama does the same thing. (And, to be fair, many of those screaming about Barack Obama were ok with George Bush doing the same things).

We don't want to get into those kind of arguments here because those who study the issues know there is more nuance than simply saying one side is for what's good and right and the other is stupid or evil. But, that's where the discussion goes.

Either way, it's not appropriate here.