47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I can find out more on this, and I will through the available documents. This much I can tell you right now: Kenny joined, he was in the paratroops, and ended up serving in Occupied Japan. Those are facts.

Excuse me, but if you did not obtained his military records as you have stated before - how are you able to recite anything about his military records. The word of a family member - with NO substantiated documentation!

I promise I will get All The Stuff on KC's service details after I return. I will send Porteous a message tomorrow. He has those.

How do you know he has any documents?

How or why did you write your book and spend all of that money traveling if you DID not have PROOF of hearsay! Why did you NOT get the documents and or verification of them?

Blevins I am beginning to believe you took advantage of some old people for profit. Like the guys who tell a senior a job will cost $70 and then informs them they own him $100. 2 wks later the job has to be redone by a professional who only charged $65 and did it right. I call these individuals Scam Artists.

You came to this thread and then continued to repeat and repeat and repeat the same information over and over knowing full well that the more it is repeated the more likely it is to become part of the story! Is this what you did to those poor witnesses - an old man and 2 old women (all older than myself).

Frankly you and you alone are responsible for contaminating the true Cooper story with coercive interviews from a lot of old people whose minds may have been subjective when you stated your opinion. You are the very example of why I do NOT allow anyone to write MY story! Yet, you wrote a story which you just admitted in the above posting you used and published unverified facts and information. This is shameful and frankly it is wrong. I also am a senior, but much younger than the individuals you interviewed.

The more I learn about you the less I believe anything you say.
You led that old woman into the toupee story...and now she is in a corner with her friends and ashamed to admit it. You basically scammed 3 seniors to obtain your story - and they are ashamed to admit it....they have to save face with their friends by continuing the facade.

These are REAL PEOPLE and not made up characters and this is exploitation in the lowest form. What you have done should be considered a crime. Real people, real lives, using the vulnerability of seniors to create a story for profit. It makes NO difference if you never make a dime - this is exploitation and as far as I am concerned should be prosecuted!

I think you owe those old people a public apology, but now they are so afraid and embarassed they can't back down. I have seen this game played with Seniors one time too many.

You led each and everyone of these individuals right down the slaughter house ramp. Yes, the claim that Lyle made needed to be investigated by the FBI or an investigative journalist - not a writer for profit. When Gray did his news article and Porteous could not get off 2ed base with his information - there was NO reason to do a book except for exploitation.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I will have to dig out the copy of his ID card later, the one with his thumbprint. I think I posted it somewhere on this thread a while back. Until then, here's this:

***'On May 25th 1944, six days before high school graduation, and a year before World War II ended, he enlisted in the United States Army.
He was stationed in Fort Snelling, Minnesota. There he took a series of intelligence exams. He was sent to school in Brookings, South Dakota where he studied advanced algebra and trigonometry for eighteen weeks. He then signed up to become a Paratrooper. On December 19th 1944 he was transferred to Fort Leavenworth in Kansas where he went through rigorous physical training followed by basic training in Camp Hood, Texas, which included rifle training. Next came Fort Benning, Georgia where he joined the Company E Third Parachute Training Regiment...'

EDIT: Don't have the ID card. I looked. Skipp sent a portion of his discharge papers, which have his right thumbprint on them. But it's only a partial shot of the document, mostly sent to me because of the thumbprint. I will have to ask Porteous to send a copy of the entire document.

Blevins, Where did you, or Porteous, get the above information? The sequence of those assignments doesn't make sense.

Typically, after being sworn in, enlistees would spend a week or two at an Army post, Fort Snelling in this instance, taking various mental examinations, and being issued their uniform and personal clothing.

After that, they would immediately be moved to another unit at Fort Snelling, or another Army post, for basic training.

Instead, you have KC undergoing 18 weeks of studying "Advanced Algebra" and "Trigonometry" at Brookings, SD. What was the purpose of this specific training?

Having gotten up to speed in algebra and trigonometry, KC then decides to become a paratrooper. However, before that can come to pass, he is assigned to Fort Leavenworth, KS for "rigorous physical training".

Then about six months after he entered the Army, KC starts basic training, which included rifle training, at Camp Hood, Texas. Based on my personal experience and that of a number of people I know, basic training involved lots and lots of rigorous physical training and rifle training plus training with machine guns, grenades, rocket launchers, hand to hand combat, bayonet practice, and a number of other fun things that I have probably forgotten.

So about eight months after he entered the Army, KC finally makes it to Fort Benning, GA for paratrooper training. Assuming he made it through that training, he would have had about nine months military service upon completion of paratrooper training.

Now just exactly what did he do with that training during the remainder of his military service? What was his military job? What units did he serve with? When did he get out of the military?

If you have any answers to the above, please post them here.

Robert99

I'm not getting the May 25th enlistment either. The only thing I've found (was only a quick look, I'll admit) is that he enlisted to Fort Leavenworth, KA on December 18th, 1944. The below also says 1 year of college.
My guess is they had a cadet program where he enlisted out of high school but went to college or courses at Fort Snelling until active duty enrollment Dec, 44

Kenneth P. Christiansen
473-30-3599
State of Issue: Minnesota
Date of Birth: Sunday October 17, 1926
Ser: 17141033
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Minnesota
State of Residence: Minnesota
County or City: Stevens

Enlistment Date: 18 Dec 1944
Enlistment State: Kansas
Enlistment City: Fort Levenworth
Branch: No branch assignment
Branch Code: No branch assignment
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Reserves - exclusive of Regular Army Reserve and Officers of the Officers Reserve Corps on active duty under the Thomason Act (Officers and Enlisted Men -- O.R.C. and E.R.C., and Nurses-Reserve Status)
Source: Enlisted Reserve or Medical Administrative Corps (MAC) Officer

Education: 1 year of college
Marital Status: Single, without dependents
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

From http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=16497
Franklin D. Roosevelt
20 - Statement on the Army Specialized Training Enlisted Reserve for Seventeen-Year-Old Graduates.
March 3, 1944

I am delighted that the War Department has expanded the Army Specialized Training Enlisted Reserve for seventeen-year-old high school graduates. This enlarged program will provide the armed forces with a necessary reservoir of younger men with specialized training at the college level. For those properly qualified in this age group the enlisted reserve program provides the best possible opportunity for them to serve their country.

To be eligible for training all young men who will be high school graduates by July I must take the joint Army-Navy qualifying examination on March 15. It will be given in thousands of high schools and colleges throughout the country.

Everyone who passes this test and a physical examination, and is within the proper age limits set by the Army and Navy, will be given an opportunity to apply for the reserve and to express a preference for either the Army or Navy program. Those selected will be sent to a college or university at the expense of their Government until the time they become eighteen years of age, or for longer periods depending upon their age, special qualifications, and the national need of their services in the armed forces. The Army will call no one for active duty until after his eighteenth birthday.

I urge every young American who will be a high school graduate by July first to investigate the Army and Navy reserve programs immediately. It is of the greatest importance to the Nation that as many as possible take the March 15 examination.

The above coincides with the May date and Kenny's age so it does look like he might have enrolled in the program above with active enlistment after he turned 18.

I'm not getting the May 25th enlistment either. The only thing I've found (was only a quick look, I'll admit) is that he enlisted to Fort Leavenworth, KA on December 18th, 1944. The below also says 1 year of college.
My guess is they had a cadet program where he enlisted out of high school but went to college or courses at Fort Snelling until active duty enrollment Dec, 44

Kenneth P. Christiansen
473-30-3599

Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Reserves - exclusive of Regular Army Reserve and Officers of the Officers Reserve Corps on active duty under the Thomason Act (Officers and Enlisted Men -- O.R.C. and E.R.C., and Nurses-Reserve Status)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

:

Both 'Dawn J' and Helen Jones have testified Kenny owned a toupee. Bernie Geestman did not, but that's because he was interviewed first, and I didn't find out about this toupee until later, when I interviewed his sister. Going back to Bernie for a second interview to verify this with a third witness was useless. After he realized why I was questioning him, he wouldn't agree to a second interview. He also never sent me the pictures he promised.

EXCUSE ME! If Lyle was under the impression Cooper had a receding hair line - who the HELL invented the toupee story and WHY? There was NO reason for the Toupee story except to promote the subject and that WAS only after you found the old new article about a man looking at toupees just before Cooper did the JOB! YOU led them right into this!

Go back and READ your own damned posts and your 'book'.
How many times have you BOASTED about that article find?

I am the last person you would expect to attack you in this thread. You have NO friends here anymore....enough is enough! You need to spend more time researching and backing up your information than participating in this thread. ONLY proof is going sell books or like Gray did - a congomeration of all the different suspects - he singled out NO ONE and he crawled into that damn rabbit hole with the tomatoe can alarms.

Just BACK off and get your crap together! You are doing nothing but damaging yourself more with each post you make. As for me - I am NOT writing a book nor am I trying to profit off of the story I have told regarding the past and confession of Duane L. Weber.

Rosh Hashanah ends tonight.

Darn it NO Angel smiley

I said I would post up the military stuff, and I will. Probably not until next week. Until then, I think we should move on from discussing Kenny. We've already gone over all the points about him to no end.

WE are not the problem here U Blevins are! U think U solved this damn thing and all U did was ADD to the MUCK! U did this by USING old people just the way U used this thread. FOR PROFIT!

The U's are you getting kicked by a mule 6 times.

The artist who did the composites was trying to depict a slanted forehead - not a receding forehead. Doug Pasternac actually interviewed the composite artist.

Check Out this photo - perhaps it best explains the forehead I am talking about! Not sure I posted this photo before! Infact I just posted 5 pics. None are close to the time of the crime.

I didn't lead [or misslead] people when questioning
them.

I even tried to [avoid telling them at first WHY] I
was asking about Kenny.

With Geestman and his sister, both answered key
questions [BEFORE they knew I was investigating
KC] for the Cooper case.

After he [realized why I was questioning him], he
wouldn't agree to a second interview. He also never
sent me the pictures he promised.

Trust me,

-----------------------------------------------------

Gee Blevins ... your trusting technique logic - is
flawless!

Never tell people what your up to before hand.

And always condemn themand call them liars when
they don't fill your pot with gold.

Trust me!
:S

Franklin D. Roosevelt
20 - Statement on the Army Specialized Training Enlisted Reserve for Seventeen-Year-Old Graduates.
March 3, 1944

I am delighted that the War Department has expanded the Army Specialized Training Enlisted Reserve for seventeen-year-old high school graduates. This enlarged program will provide the armed forces with a necessary reservoir of younger men with specialized training at the college level. For those properly qualified in this age group the enlisted reserve program provides the best possible opportunity for them to serve their country.

To be eligible for training all young men who will be high school graduates by July I must take the joint Army-Navy qualifying examination on March 15. It will be given in thousands of high schools and colleges throughout the country.

Everyone who passes this test and a physical examination, and is within the proper age limits set by the Army and Navy, will be given an opportunity to apply for the reserve and to express a preference for either the Army or Navy program. Those selected will be sent to a college or university at the expense of their Government until the time they become eighteen years of age, or for longer periods depending upon their age, special qualifications, and the national need of their services in the armed forces. The Army will call no one for active duty until after his eighteenth birthday.

I urge every young American who will be a high school graduate by July first to investigate the Army and Navy reserve programs immediately. It is of the greatest importance to the Nation that as many as possible take the March 15 examination.

The above coincides with the May date and Kenny's age so it does look like he might have enrolled in the program above with active enlistment after he turned 18.

Kenneth P. Christiansen
473-30-3599

Assuming that KC did enroll in this program and that the dates given above, as well as those given previously by Blevins, are accurate, then this is the way the dates would work out.

1. KC born on Sunday, October 16, 1926.

2. Started 1st grade in late summer of 1932 just before 6th birthday.

3. Took test for the program on Wednesday, March 15, 1944.

4. Apparently signed up for the program on Thursday, May 25, 1944.

5. Graduated from High School on Wednesday, May 31, 1944.

6. Spent most of the slightly more than 28 weeks until his Army enlistment on Monday, December 18, 1944 at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas taking academic courses. This was probably a full time, 40+ hours a week program, that provided KC with the equivalent of about one year of college.

7. From the information that Smokin provides, KC was a volunteer (as opposed to being a draftee) based on his serial number. Remember our long winded discussion a few months ago about Duane Weber's Army serial number or lack thereof.

8. In any event, KC was obligated to spend six months on active duty after the end of the War, which presumably means the Japanese surrender on September 15, 1945. So KC would be obligated to serve until March 15, 1946.

We will have to see what additional information Blevins can come up with and how it all fits together.

Robert99

Franklin D. Roosevelt
March 3, 1944

Kenneth P. Christiansen
473-30-3599

Assuming that KC did enroll in this program and that the dates given above, as well as those given previously by Blevins, are accurate, then this is the way the dates would work out.

6. Spent most of the slightly more than 28 weeks until his Army enlistment on Monday, December 18, 1944 at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas taking academic courses. This was probably a full time, 40+ hours a week program, that provided KC with the equivalent of about one year of college.

7. From the information that Smokin provides, KC was a volunteer (as opposed to being a draftee) based on his serial number. Remember our long winded discussion a few months ago about Duane Weber's Army serial number or lack thereof.

8. In any event, KC was obligated to spend six months on active duty after the end of the War, which presumably means the Japanese surrender on September 15, 1945. So KC would be obligated to serve until March 15, 1946.

We will have to see what additional information Blevins can come up with and how it all fits together.

Robert99

From Gray's article:

[Kenny trained with the 11th Airborne Division, the
Angels, which had been sent to the Pacific. But he
never saw combat. When he was finally deployed, on
August 16, 1945, his discharge papers show, the war
was over. He ended up in Japan, joining the initial
occupation forces. He ran the mail room and made
jumps on the side for extra money.

“Dear Folks,” Kenny wrote home in one letter dated
August 4, 1946, from Sendai. “I went to church this
morning. I went last Sunday also. I had more
reason to go last Sunday, as after ten months of
hibernation, I once again donned a chute and
reserve and entered a C-46. I cringed a good deal,
but I managed once again to pitch myself into the
blast. That jump was worth $150. The nicest thing
about the whole affair was that I never had time to
worry about it … Don’t get the idea that I didn’t get
that certain stomackless [sic] feeling, because I
did.”

After that jump, he vacationed in Namazu, a fishing
village south of Tokyo. “I spent most of my time up
on the roof during the day; nights I usually lounged
in a beach chair down by the water’s edge,” he
wrote. “They had a group of Hawaiian guitar players
down there. With the music, the breeze off the
Ocean, and the waves crashing the shore, I felt like
a millionaire enjoying his millions.” ]

From the information that Smokin provides, KC was a volunteer (as opposed to being a draftee) based on his serial number. Remember our long winded discussion a few months ago about Duane Weber's Army serial number or lack thereof.

I provided Duane's Army number to the thread and to the FBI so explain to me what you mean by the above statement.

]

From the information that Smokin provides, KC was a volunteer (as opposed to being a draftee) based on his serial number. Remember our long winded discussion a few months ago about Duane Weber's Army serial number or lack thereof.

I provided Duane's Army number to the thread and to the FBI so explain to me what you mean by the above statement.

]

Jo, You need to go back to the information sources that were discussed then. I think the information can also be found on Wikipedia.

But to make a long story short, draftees and volunteers had a different system of serial numbers. Also, the sources that were used previously had a breakdown as to the time frame that various numbers were used.

So the service number indicated if it belonged to a draftee (Army of the United States) or a volunteer (Regular Army). Also, the draftee service numbers, at least those used during the Korean War, indicated the area of the United States in which the individual lived prior to entering the Army.

There is quite a bit of information contained in just the service numbers themselves. But there are no "codes" whatsoever in those numbers.

Robert99

Robert99

From Gray's article:

[Kenny trained with the 11th Airborne Division, the
Angels, which had been sent to the Pacific. But he
never saw combat. When he was finally deployed, on
August 16, 1945, his discharge papers show, the war
was over. He ended up in Japan, joining the initial
occupation forces. He ran the mail room and made
jumps on the side for extra money.

“Dear Folks,” Kenny wrote home in one letter dated
August 4, 1946, from Sendai. “I went to church this
morning. I went last Sunday also. I had more
reason to go last Sunday, as after ten months of
hibernation, I once again donned a chute and
reserve and entered a C-46. I cringed a good deal,
but I managed once again to pitch myself into the
blast. That jump was worth $150. The nicest thing
about the whole affair was that I never had time to
worry about it … Don’t get the idea that I didn’t get
that certain stomackless [sic] feeling, because I
did.”

After that jump, he vacationed in Namazu, a fishing
village south of Tokyo. “I spent most of my time up
on the roof during the day; nights I usually lounged
in a beach chair down by the water’s edge,” he
wrote. “They had a group of Hawaiian guitar players
down there. With the music, the breeze off the
Ocean, and the waves crashing the shore, I felt like
a millionaire enjoying his millions.” ]

While the shooting started tapering off about a week after the dropping of the second atomic bomb on August 9th, the September 15th date is when the surrender documents were signed on the USS Missouri.

Since KC was still on active duty more than 10 months after the formal surrender, he may have extended his service time on a voluntary basis. The $150 he mentions for that jump may be several months worth of jump pay.

Robert99

http://www.markbarry.com/lawnchairman.html

This is a website about the guy who attached a bunch of surplus weather balloons to a lawn chair and ascended to over 16,000 ft above the L.A. CA area back in 1982. It was an amazing feat fraught with peril but he landed safely. The FAA slammed him with a big fine and Manny Real, then an Asst US Attorney and now a federal judge, went after him on criminal charges. The public, however, considered him a hero.

Larry had a CB walkie talkie and was able to easily communicate with numerous ground stations. There is even a transcript of some of his comms on the website linked above.

His fame faded and he suffered with depression. Sadly, Larry took his own life.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Excuse me I did NOT say there was a CODE in Duane's serial numbers.

I said and showed that he made up a code using both his Army and Navy numbers - This code was supposedly sent to a Newpaper in Reno with a message telling them if they could decipher the code they would find Cooper.

I have tried to explain how this code was developed with the simple SMILEY and a common denominator, but NO one got it.

Was never able to verify the Reno paper recieved such a letter from Cooper!

This is what happens if I am not here to correct you guys on certain information regarding Weber - U shuffle what I have tried to say and that makes me suspicious of anyone who does that. U and others like yourself are the only reasons I stay abreast of what U guys are doing - especially when it come to MISINFORMATION regarding Weber. The information I have the FBI wants TO go away!

I’ll ‘assume’ that the oft published Japanese fishing village of Namazu is actually NUMAZU.

Here’s a mnemonic that may help:

http://www.guzer.com/videos/numa_numa.php

It’s NUMAzu, NUMA, NUMA-Zoo. Probably no big deal in the overall picture of quality surrounding this story and I’m sure this mispronunciation is on par with calling Cleveland…. Creavland. Except this particular faux pas has a bonus element.

NamAzu is actually a real word also. Except it isn’t the name of a quaint fishing village but the name of a giant, mud dwelling, catfish that causes earthquakes.

So Kenny was vacationing on a giant catfish because that’s what millionaires would do. This has been verified and certified and published multiple times so it is true. Well done, well done indeed.

Jo, You need to go back to the information sources that were discussed then. I think the information can also be found on Wikipedia.

Robert99

Do you actually believe what is in Wikipedia? If you do you are the moron here and not me so don't try to preach or teach with the wikipedia.

Someone put information in there about Duane Weber that was almost entirely incorrect. I asked Wikipedia to correct it and they cannot do that - only if the orginal author contacts them.

Hell the orginal author might be dead or had incorrect information in the first place. Wikipedia is the most mis leading source of information out there.

Dropping out in your last week of senior year to join the paratroopers in mid-1945 suggests something I think:

Kenny was no coward. An actual invasion of Japan was appearing in most news sources as the only possible end to the war at that time. (The A-bomb was still a secret) The year previous, the news was full of D-Day in France and what happened there. Everyone knew paratroopers would go first, and that the training for a possible invasion of Japan would be tough. True enough. Out of maybe 280 or so guys in Kenny's training unit, only 80 passed. He was one.

We can assume that Ken knew full well what was expected. Everyone thought there would be a second D-Day in Japan, and except for some really smart guys down in New Mexico, there would have been.

As John Lennon might have said, he wasn't 'a poof'.

Blevins, KC did NOT drop out of high school just six days before his scheduled graduation.

He apparently signed up for the program that Smokin describes six days before graduation. That program required that he be a high school graduate.

What are you talking about when you write "only 80 passed"? Passed what?

Robert99

Excuse me I did NOT say there was a CODE in Duane's serial numbers.

I said and showed that he made up a code using both his Army and Navy numbers - This code was supposedly sent to a Newpaper in Reno with a message telling them if they could decipher the code they would find Cooper.

I have tried to explain how this code was developed with the simple SMILEY and a common denominator, but NO one got it.

Was never able to verify the Reno paper recieved such a letter from Cooper!

This is what happens if I am not here to correct you guys on certain information regarding Weber - U shuffle what I have tried to say and that makes me suspicious of anyone who does that. U and others like yourself are the only reasons I stay abreast of what U guys are doing - especially when it come to MISINFORMATION regarding Weber. The information I have the FBI wants TO go away!

Jo, No one got your "code" because such a claim is pure baloney. And that is a credit to the other members of this thread.

Robert99

Robert99

Do you actually believe what is in Wikipedia? If you do you are the moron here and not me so don't try to preach or teach with the wikipedia.

Someone put information in there about Duane Weber that was almost entirely incorrect. I asked Wikipedia to correct it and they cannot do that - only if the orginal author contacts them.

Hell the orginal author might be dead or had incorrect information in the first place. Wikipedia is the most mis leading source of information out there.

The FBI and Wikipedia now have something in common. Jo Weber is hot on the trail of both of them and plans to skin them alive.

Good luck, Jo. You'll need it.

Robert99

Dropping out in your last week of senior year to join the paratroopers in mid-1945 suggests something I think:

Kenny was no coward. An actual invasion of Japan was appearing in most news sources as the only possible end to the war at that time. (The A-bomb was still a secret) The year previous, the news was full of D-Day in France and what happened there. Everyone knew paratroopers would go first, and that the training for a possible invasion of Japan would be tough. True enough. Out of maybe 280 or so guys in Kenny's training unit, only 80 passed. He was one.

We can assume that Ken knew full well what was expected. Everyone thought there would be a second D-Day in Japan, and except for some really smart guys down in New Mexico, there would have been.

As John Lennon might have said, he wasn't 'a poof'.

Blevins, KC did NOT drop out of high school just six days before his scheduled graduation.

He apparently signed up for the program that Smokin describes six days before graduation. That program required that he be a high school graduate.

What are you talking about when you write "only 80 passed"? Passed what?

Robert99

Courage had nothing to do with it! The kids had to
report when told to - which sometimes conflicted with
life. My Dad was in a similar situation. Diplomas
were mailed to the kids.

Kenny was not Jessie James or Neil Armstrong!

And if some guy with an inferiority complex as big as
the Moon comes along and says he was - he's full of
shit, or worse!

If you Volunteer, before getting Drafted, you stand a better chance of getting a "Good job" and not having to be exposed to deadly direct fire.

Matt

Half of the population couldn't even volunteer to be exposed to deadly fire even if they wanted to!!!

I didn't get too excited, or prioritize on Kenny's service records for this thread because I knew it's already been heavily researched. Fine. I will pay the bucks and get all his stuff from the Army or another site like Genealogy.com. I would like to see more of his service records as well. Takes a while to get everything if you go through the Army, though.

What's the big deal anyway? It isn't like I can prove Kenny was the hijacker. I still think we should move on from him. Even if we see all his records and determine he was a paratrooper, it doesn't prove he was Cooper.

Just a tip in case you didn't know - Some things that you get from subscription genealogy websites can be obtained for free. Takes a little longer to dig thru but most states and counties have stuff on rootsweb sites, FamilySearch.org is an LDS site that is free (or used to be), and the national archives has some stuff online. http://www.archives.gov/research/military/veterans/online.html.
Though there's really nothing like spending a day in courthouse basements or the library looking through old original records for elusive ancestors. :)

Jo, No one got your "code" because such a claim is pure baloney. And that is a credit to the other members of this thread.

Robert99

DO U want to bank your RETIREMENT on that? Probably NOT!

The code is NOT baloney! It did exist and for what reason I do not know. WHY would someone even make-up such a code?

U are absolutely a moron if you believe EVERY THING in Wikipedia! If you do then tell me who the author of the Weber article was? It is not accurate and I do NOT go there - the last time was maybe 5 yrs ago.

Are they now making the authors authenticate their information? I doubt that!