47 47
quade

DB Cooper

As noted earlier, I was on I-5 and in the Columbia River Gorge (between Portland and Biggs Junction) that fateful night. When I got back to Newberg, the DBC case was the big news, and I've been following the case ever since.

I worked for the IBM Corporation -- I used to organize seminars and symposiums for executives from some of our key mainframe accounts. Nowadays, I'm a college math professor, so anything (like symposiums) that increases knowledge and enhances awareness, in my opinion, can only help. I'm learning new stuff about the case all the time -- and this forum has played a big part in that behalf. I'll stay tuned -- thanks all. MeyerLouie

Is my map wrong or has Oregon re-arranged the Interstate Highways since 1971? According to current maps, Biggs, Oregon (presumably your Biggs Junction) is at Mile Post 104 on I-84 which actually does pass through the Columbia River Gorge.

You are presumably referring to Newberg, Oregon which is on the southwest side of the Portland area and west of I-5. So far as I can determine, I-5 is not even close to the Columbia River Gorge.

Without further word to complicate anything -

Here are some maps.

Self explanatory.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about "Bob Knoss"

Over the last couple of years, I have seen one post after another in this BK vein. The story is as fluid as the Mississippi, and changes course just as much"
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

What captivates me most about this thread are the comments from those of you who don't have the balls to jump out of an airplane. [Apologies to Amazon and Orange]

:D:D:D

Actually I have seen that having balls in parachuting can cause interesting looks on the faces of those who have them and get a nut under upon opening:D:D:D

Occam's razor and human nature tells me that no one willing to risk their life jumping from a jet plane two miles high is going to throw away money... for any reason. The found money along the river bank is explainable when certain basic facts are considered.

Simply put: He tied the money bag closed securely. He could not tie the bag to his body or the harness securely enough by himself. He jumped. The bag became unattached. The bag protected the money for years. Eventually, the suspension line which secured the bag became separated and the money spilled out. Some money was found.

I think my head just exploded.

Why didn't I think of this?

Occam's razor and human nature tells me that no one willing to risk their life jumping from a jet plane two miles high is going to throw away money... for any reason. The found money along the river bank is explainable when certain basic facts are considered.

Simply put: He tied the money bag closed securely. He could not tie the bag to his body or the harness securely enough by himself. He jumped. The bag became unattached. The bag protected the money for years. Eventually, the suspension line which secured the bag became separated and the money spilled out. Some money was found.

I think my head just exploded.

Why didn't I think of this?

Tom found no threads in the 3 bills - but they will
be found now - just as predicted on page 4 pane
seven, in the Franco-Moosean comic, where Dan
is freefalling and pulls at his pubic hair and
says: "Ouch! I wish I was at Fairmont Le Chateau
Frontenac. Or in my observatory on plaines
d'Abraham looking for AB Bootootez".

I can’t georger. This is like anti-intellectual, cyber, crack and one hit leads to another and another.

I realize what this is doing to me, but I can’t stop because the utter obliviousness displayed by some is so compelling that I can neither look away or abstain; though I know I should.

On the surface this stuff is hilarious by itself, but by adding the element of ‘them’ taking themselves so deadly seriously, simply makes my bladder fail and delivers an experience that I can only describe as exquisite in a droll and coarse sense.

I feel that one would have to shave ‘themselves’ and squat over a jar of Witch Hazel to truly come to appreciate what the DBC thread experience has become. I’m giving it a try none the less.

Hi all... Happy new year...
Just back from a wifi-less road trip through Namibia... And not so keen on reading through the 20-odd pages I missed... Any new developments? Any new evidence? Any resolution either way on Marla? Developments on Mel?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the laziness....:$:)

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Hi all... Happy new year...
Just back from a wifi-less road trip through Namibia... And not so keen on reading through the 20-odd pages I missed... Any new developments? Any new evidence? Any resolution either way on Marla? Developments on Mel?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the laziness....:$:)

Happy New Year Orange! Welcome back.

There is a nice DC 6 for sale in Namibia. Would make a great jumpship if you owned an oil well and a refinery that could make 115+ octane avgas.

http://www.nca.com.na/#!__aircraft-specifications

Nahh, no new developments here.

BK is back, same conspiracy story, a bit more civil.

I was pleased to see Safe back. Missing Sluggo. Missing Snow. Missing Ckret.

Guru took a leave of absence, couldnt handle the Whuffos.

Marla is running silent, but her periscope is up.

Blevins is hosting a summer Copper symposium.

Nothing new on Mel.

FBI has neither confirmed or denied anything Marla claimed.

Jo soldiers on, bless her heart.

Quade posts now and then. His latest post took on BK and his fantastic claim that every record of his service with Project Norjack has been expunged. It's the conspiracy version of the dog ate my homework.

I am getting some upgrades on my rigs, semi stowless bags, new pilot chutes, new Cypres 2 and a 4 year check on my other one, PD Slinks on all canopies, and a very careful overall "IRAN" inspection and repair as needed.

Thank goodness for riggers. They work so hard, take huge liability risks and make so little. DZOs too.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

[

Sure you can, IMO, you just did.

Matt

Thank you for another Einsteinian postulate. See attached.

Captured in a negative time-warp of his own making, poor Matt blew his nose too hard or something. What is your problem? Are they not paying you enough? Ask for a raise. They can afford it. I'll write you a great scathing report. Crew member of the year award? NAW! You funny guy, though. Just not real good at it. You've had enough experience harassing me on various sites, none effectively. Very obvious. Keep trying, Dude. I'll give you advice if you wish.....

You're being paranoid Bob. This is the only site I have ever interfaced with you on.

I think your story about your role in the Dan Cooper case is false, your claims of the Draft Dodging False, and your over all demeanor proves your just making every thing up.

You are attacking any one who doesn't believe your word only, and even admit your word is "suspect".

Until you have proof of any claims you should probably follow your own advice and go be quiet some where.

Here is my number you can get my Boss here as well (615)255-4000, go ahead and call and write your scathing report.

I am not a comedian, been told I am funny, but no certification to that. All my certification is involving 21 years of Army Service (as a Paratrooper and Pathfinder, some say, that means I am a certified asshole, OK what ever), several certificates from the USPA, and a Safety Award from the FAA

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

What captivates me most about this thread are the comments from those of you who don't have the balls to jump out of an airplane. [Apologies to Amazon and Orange]

Actually I have seen that having balls in parachuting can cause interesting looks on the faces of those who have them and get a nut under upon opening:D:D:D

Well, it does hurt![:/]

I bet a leg strap has pinched ya, it could happen, or a chest strap.:o

Matt

Matt

+9 Gs vertical is a lot tougher on the guys. Amazon has balls but not the kind that get squished in a slammer opening.

Some Australian company made a sort of man girdle-jock strap to prevent this painful experience in extreme sports. They gave some samples to jumpers. It worked quite well but just never caught on. Its like the hockey players who shun face protection as being unmanly. AADs once were treated similarly. Some still see them as wimpy.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Well that’s just great.

OK, so I’m in the ranks of scorned and despised WHUFFOs with an anonymous screen name and matthewcline decides to up the stakes by adding his phone number with access to his boss?!

I bow to the ‘brass ones’ which would not pass through a double hangar door. You publish a phone number on the only thread populated with unashamed, psychos AND have a background in skydiving? Isn’t this like playing Russian roulette while taking a shower with a toaster?

If anyone has the ‘large set’ it would take to call this guy on his offer then you must be a ‘true believer’. Cuz just seeing his area code made me feel faint. God I’m cool.

Well that’s just great.

OK, so I’m in the ranks of scorned and despised WHUFFOs with an anonymous screen name and matthewcline decides to up the stakes by adding his phone number with access to his boss?!

I bow to the ‘brass ones’ which would not pass through a double hangar door. You publish a phone number on the only thread populated with unashamed, psychos AND have a background in skydiving? Isn’t this like playing Russian roulette while taking a shower with a toaster?

If anyone has the ‘large set’ it would take to call this guy on his offer then you must be a ‘true believer’. Cuz just seeing his area code made me feel faint. God I’m cool.

Balls indeed. I bet he even gives his real name and phone number in morning after situations.;)

Blevins: Am I invited to this symposim of yours as a speaker.Jerry

I think you have to audition. B|:D
Oh no....it was screened - you have to be screened.
So....if you don't want to go through the x-ray machine, you'll have to step into the little room so they can pat you down. Leave your WMDs at home. :S
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Well that’s just great.

Balls indeed. I bet he even gives his real name and phone number in morning after situations.;)

Well, not for many years now, been married a while.

I figured, I got nothing to hide, so, why hide?

It would also make it easier on the fellow, he is a few years older than me and might move slow in this fad called the internet (I swear it won't last :P)

I will even post pics of my current and past jobs for him, here tough, since his repeated attempts to friend me on fb have been ignored.

Matt

Blevins should have a film festival portion of the symposium.

Dorkzone remains anonymous, but we all suspect Snowmman. It is a classic. I don't know what it would take to get Snow to come. I've offered drugs and money but he says he has plenty. I'll see if Marla has any ideas.

Farflung will have to screen his excellent video and preside over a critcal discussion of it's thematic nuances and classic cinema elements. Farflung is quite a poet too, can he top the charts again?

If Tom, Carol and Al come I'll have to attend as well. I enjoyed their company and presentations.

Can we get Georger to come? What is his weakness and can we provide it?

How about Jo? Maybe she can weave it into her planned NW research trip. Jo has had more final appearances than Cher.

My wife teaches mathematics at a public college, she'd probably like to meet Meyer Louie who practices the same craft.

I'd sure love to see Sluggo. I worry about him, no replies.

Will Marla run the gauntlet? Blevins might scare her off but she is hella gutsy.

I hope Amazon comes and shares a brew or two with Jerry.

Vicki should come and meet everyone. I'd welcome a presentation on Mel.

Bruce needs to be there. Ralph and any other retired Norjack SA's would be welcome.

Sailshaw could give a presentation on Sheridan Peterson.

And dare we ask for Orange to travel half way around the world?

Jamie Cooper could pressnt his case and maybe perform a song or two.

Geoff Gray could sit quietly and have us all wonder what he is actually up to. I'll bet he could present the KC case without getting nearly the backlash that Blevins gets.

The posiibilities are endless.

Geoff Gray could sit quietly and have us all wonder what he is actually up to. I'll bet he could present the KC case without getting nearly the backlash that Blevins gets.

I wonder why that is.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

OK, lemme get this straight here. Marla was chased off for reasons I will never fully understand. This is in spite of her steamy and sultry contribution to solving one of the greatest unsolved crimes in US history. Fine then, let’s just keep her at an arm’s length. I can live with that. NOT. Marla…. Call me.

So now I see another name associate with this case and that name is Carol.

That’s certainly close to Carola now isn’t it? (The answer is YES super investigators)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8vP3XmC0go

So why has this source (I’m talking Carol here) been kept away from the thread? Hmmmmmm? Well, I’ll tell you why; because she is smart, intoxicatingly beautiful and I forgot the third thing thanks to the second thing.

Once again I’m forced to do the dirty work of researching parties associated with the NORJAK crime and what I discovered about Carol is daunting.

Attached is a graphic of her qualifications and I think they speak for themselves. Unless everyone associated with this subject has been stricken blind and stupid, then I will sit here beside myself.

Matt

THat is why I jump custom rigs.... with what is called the "Amazon option chest strap".... I dont like the "girls" gettin molested by the chest stap.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Blevins should have a film festival portion of the symposium.

Dorkzone remains anonymous, but we all suspect Snowmman. It is a classic. I don't know what it would take to get Snow to come. I've offered drugs and money but he says he has plenty. I'll see if Marla has any ideas.

Farflung will have to screen his excellent video and preside over a critcal discussion of it's thematic nuances and classic cinema elements. Farflung is quite a poet too, can he top the charts again?

If Tom, Carol and Al come I'll have to attend as well. I enjoyed their company and presentations.

Can we get Georger to come? What is his weakness and can we provide it?

How about Jo? Maybe she can weave it into her planned NW research trip. Jo has had more final appearances than Cher.

My wife teaches mathematics at a public college, she'd probably like to meet Meyer Louie who practices the same craft.

I'd sure love to see Sluggo. I worry about him, no replies.

Will Marla run the gauntlet? Blevins might scare her off but she is hella gutsy.

I hope Amazon comes and shares a brew or two with Jerry.

Vicki should come and meet everyone. I'd welcome a presentation on Mel.

Bruce needs to be there. Ralph and any other retired Norjack SA's would be welcome.

Sailshaw could give a presentation on Sheridan Peterson.

And dare we ask for Orange to travel half way around the world?

Jamie Cooper could pressnt his case and maybe perform a song or two.

The posiibilities are endless.

Can we abduct some of the WHUFFO's and spirit them away to Shelton for a jump????

I went to Wa in 2010 for 15 day and you guys didn't know until Sluggo ALMOST gave it away.

My health gets in the way of plans and I go back into surgery in the near future. This will be 2 in less than a yr. and there are no guarantees at my age.

If I could be assured my surveyors would be available at that given time and my guys would be available (with all of their research) - I would give it a try, but finances this yr are going to rough. Medical expenses (drugs, tests not covered by medicare, respite care, paid transports and other things)
outside of the usual paid by medicare and supplement have been taking a big hit and this yr they will be worst. A trip to WA does not fit into my projected expenses for a trip this yr.

Sure there are times I feel like giving up - and just walk away.
Then along comes someone like Knoss and others who try to make me look bad or call me a liar and I am back in the struggle.

I know Cooper did NOT loose the BAG as Guru312 suggested.

I do plan on trying to get back to WA before I am unable to do any traveling at all....if I don't make it then someone else with have to "Do the Deed".:)
Duane Weber will return to WA, OR and ID...The area was Special to him and his memories reflected good times so I will take him home and leave him there. I know he would smile at this.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Blevins: Am I invited to this symposim of yours as a speaker.Jerry

I think you have to audition. B|:D
Oh no....it was screened - you have to be screened.
So....if you don't want to go through the x-ray machine, you'll have to step into the little room so they can pat you down. Leave your WMDs at home. :S

In Jerry's case, he definately should not arrive riding
his bulldozer, twin bears Marta and Ishmael
following, and when signing in 'Jer, dont use an X
or carve on the wall: KILD BAR ON DAT TRE.

Otherwise he should be OK.

Oh! Entry fee is ten crows. (and a fruit tree).