47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I stood there with a PRC25 on my back.

I've always wondered about the shoe. Thanks for checking in Wilrat. It is very possible for a loafer type shoe to come off during a hard opening.

The Prick 25 was an oversized beast given its low power output. Very outdated by 71 but still used by the Army long after more modern and much lighter VHF low band FM radio gear was available.

Wonder if Jerry used em?

http://www.tourofdutyinfo.com/ToDAdvisorwebpages/fieldradio2.html

Odd that the shoe vanished. Seems like it would have been treated as possible evidence, tagged, bagged etc.

Yes. Tis' a mystery the shoe. Never would have believed the guy who found it would show up here! Welcome.

Did you know two young kids named Jones or
Head working the search? This is no spoof.
One of the guys was a Jones, from Portland.
His Dad a minister.

Tell us more about the weather that night.

My name is Bill Rattie, I found the brown penny loafer at the point the FBI's wind overlay marked DB coopers chute openeing just short of lake merwin dam. The location was about one hundred feet outside a pasture a fence on a remote farm far from any road. My MOS in the army was a RECON SGT. I can read a map better than anyone you know. Also, Iam a licenced pilot. Did anyone ever think he lost one shoe when the cute opened? Remember it was hard cold weather the night he jumped, and I cannot think he survived the drop. I was flying back from Denver to Seattle that night and my flight was delayed because of bad weather. When I finally got a flight that dark morning the weather was horrible. Also they found ground up money years later downstream of the river mouth into the Columbia. I would bet everything I own that DB is at the bottom of lake Merwin tangled in the trees. Guess this a is too simple. I stood there with a PRC25 on my back. Capt Lidig on my right an an x navy fighter pilot FBI agent looking at the overlay on the map I carried with the damn shoe in my hand. The shoe vanished and I have never heard anything about it again, By the way it was dark brown, good condition, and I don't remember any penny in it. Also, I wear a size eleven and this shoe wa a couple sizes smaller was smaller. [email protected]

Hi Bill.
This was discussed way back when (someone linked to a similar post of your's on another site). At that time, ckret was posting on here and was going to check on the shoe....I did a quick search but can't find if issue of the shoe missing from evidence was ever resolved on the thread by him.

Does anyone know if he ever found anything?
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

My name is Bill Rattie, I found the brown penny loafer at the point the FBI's wind overlay marked DB coopers chute openeing just short of lake merwin dam. The location was about one hundred feet outside a pasture a fence on a remote farm far from any road. My MOS in the army was a RECON SGT. I can read a map better than anyone you know. Also, Iam a licenced pilot. Did anyone ever think he lost one shoe when the cute opened? Remember it was hard cold weather the night he jumped, and I cannot think he survived the drop. I was flying back from Denver to Seattle that night and my flight was delayed because of bad weather. When I finally got a flight that dark morning the weather was horrible. Also they found ground up money years later downstream of the river mouth into the Columbia. I would bet everything I own that DB is at the bottom of lake Merwin tangled in the trees. Guess this a is too simple. I stood there with a PRC25 on my back. Capt Lidig on my right an an x navy fighter pilot FBI agent looking at the overlay on the map I carried with the damn shoe in my hand. The shoe vanished and I have never heard anything about it again, By the way it was dark brown, good condition, and I don't remember any penny in it. Also, I wear a size eleven and this shoe wa a couple sizes smaller was smaller. [email protected]

can you describe the opening where a penny would have normally been placed?

Aren't you the person who says Richard Floyd McCoy was riding shotgun in a chase helicopter with Himmelsbach?

I don't recall saying exactly that, but we are close. In the film, Himmelsbach was actually in the shotgun seat, there was the pilot on the 'driver's side' and Mac was standing behind them, in the middle. Mac used another stand-in actor, but he was closer to Mac in appearance, darker skinned. Mac wanted to play the part himself, but I advised him against it.

Janet made an eyewitness report to the FBI. You, on the other hand, are attempting to discredit her based on BS. If you throw enough of it, something is bound to stick. The problem is, when you throw as much BS as you do, pretty soon you are covered in it yourself. You object to everything and anything that does not support your printed word.

What do you suppose they are doing in Mexico? I smell a new book that puts your KC garbage in the incinerator.... I doubt that you would be considered as a publisher, what with having printed the soon-to-be 'get-in-line' Cooper hoax. Do you have an exclusive publishing clause in your Porteous contract? Have you written your retraction speech yet? "Our superior investigating team has just discovered new information regarding the DB Cooper case!! It really was a conspiracy like George Nuttall says, and KC was the guy!" Nobody will buy that one any more.

You need new characters, new intreague, some drama and suspense. Involve the crew, bring in the CIA, use the pilots' old black and white movie for a mainline plot. What? You didn't know they made a movie??? Sloppy investigating!! Best you watch that flick along with the FBI training films on the Cooper jump. You might actually see something real you could inject for stimulation. Checking with Tom Clancy, he said that story sucks and wasn't worth the time to write. But who is he to criticize your subject? Right!

You best hustle if you want to stay ahead of the curve......

Bob,

Regarding Janet.

She might have seen a plane. She might have seen a flare.
How can you seriously believe that she could see a human figure on the lowered stairs given the distance and conditions? It is nearly impossible and I don't buy it. I've watched lots of jumps from the ground, including DC 9 jet jumps, and have a pretty good idea about what can and can't be seen.

Also her story about being threatened by MIBs doesn't make sense. If the authorities wanted to keep her quiet the best way would be to politely thank her for her very important info, assure her that it was being given top priority and ask her to keep it very confidential.

And if a flare was tossed, why was she the only person who saw it?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo. Funny thing just got done talking to Geof Gray. The book is not even out yet and he states no one has been given a copy of this book. He also sent me a email stating the same thing.I will even email Quaid a copy of the email Geof sent me. So what does this info make you.Jerry

:):|Did I mention Geoffrey Gray?
[:/]The post was referring to
D.B. Cooper Case Exposed by George Nuttall.

Like I said in the prior post supposedly you took these guys down into the woods and you told them it was safe because you knew the guys and no harm would come to them as long as you were with them. Supposedly lots of MJ was grown in the area.

I was NOT talking about Geoff Gray or his book.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jerry below is the post in it entirety: Where do I say one thing about Geoffry?

:)

:)Nuttall's book regarding JT is not very favorable to JT's conception of the area. Perhaps they consider JT's view to be an idiots laughter and suspected he might be smoking some of the MJ supposedly grown in the area.;)

This is NOT an insult Jerry, just relaying what I have been told by others who have read the book - I am in the process of reading it...and then I will let you know what I personally think of it.

By the way, I just finished Petersen's The Idiots Frightful Laughter. The book was a hard read because I had to read it on line...but, in the book certain thing are told with different concepts...or different views. His mind seems to jump around - and often seems to the the delusions created by MJ and other drugs so widely used during that time in Viet Nam.

I know some horrible things happened over there - but, I my mind does NOT want to accept some of the dreadful events scripted in that book.

I did not feel anything Petersen wrote would cement a hard line connection to Cooper other than he lived in WA in the 60's, was a smoke jumper, was a parchute trainer, worked for the forestry and he makes a joke about 20's wearing sunglasses then plunges into the widerness to seek his sanity and retribution.

:)Unless Silver Star Mountain is just off of the old 500 and just N Lake LaCames - that is NOT my "mountain".;)

After READING the above for a second time - HOW do you get Geoffry Grey out of Nuttall?

Jo. You've made more than one post displaying knowledge of Geof's book and what it says about me. All one has to do is read some of your past post.This I'm sure has happened already. So Jo once again what does this Info make you.No conclusions are drawn.Other than the obvious. the info is there for you to evaluate an come to your own personal conclusion. Jerry

One of the searchers for Cooper noticed whatappeared to be human offal (fresh). He collected
a sample. Wonder if that's Kenny's !

;):D:D:D:D
Geoffry became Nuttall in the eyes of Jerry.

The Thread has become a big Joke and getting more ridiculous by the day.

1. A man (claiming to be the finder of the shoe) who sounds like Jerry and has the same usage of the english language and an email address that sounds REAL fishy. Rattie might be a better word.

2. Seems like there are some individuals out there playing games in the thread now and making a joke of all of the hard work done by past posters.

3. Mention George Nuttall and Jerry turns that into Geoffry Gray.

4. Jerry has taken some people to a mountain he told me did not exist with a name I never heard.

5. Knoss is claiming a movie was made and that he had a say in it.

6. Pictures of a wrestler are being posted claiming this to be McCoy.

Easter is Almost here and perhaps it will be time to hop on down the bunny trail... I will leave the magic tricks to Knoss and Jerry and Rattie - and anyone else who wants to send Cooper down the River without a Raft. A lot of hard work was put into this thread by a lot of people who actually had something to offer. That is why we were in History and Trivia.

Those who have made this a productive thread and who were responsible for a lot of serious research no longer can be heard among posters who are here only to distort and destroy a thread that has been going strong for over 4 yrs (if you count the old one).

It is ashame these poster are not savy nor interested enough to read back thru this thread for information and facts, before they start posting a lot of - well, there is NO nice word for it - CRAP.

Some of these posters come into the thread and treat it like toilet paper - and flushing all of the hard work so many have put into this thread, with research that has been in earnest and not always cheap. We had fun but we really did something others before us have never done in a thread.

Georger, Sluggo 377 and other serious posters: I am back onto that race car driving thing again. Oh yes, and I am sure Knoss will invent a race car driver now. Georger if I had your private email address - I would just rather put my thoughts into an email - a group that would include all of the serious posters who are actually attempting to be productive rather than spewing crap.

Bill Rattie says in part:

'Remember it was hard cold weather the night he jumped, and I cannot think he survived the drop...'

That's the common view. But the historical weather record from the Portland Airport (with similar numbers in Seattle) tell a different story:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPDX/1971/11/24/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Portland+International&req_state=OR&req_statename=Oregon

By 8PM ground winds were running about six miles an hour, with light showers. Temperature in the low 40's. Not the best conditions, but certainly not storm conditions.

Come on Robert, don't ruin the romance and danger with facts. Up the winds, drop the temp, throw in some turbulence and lightning. Don't forget that the A in AB stands for adventure, not accuracy. ;)

It was a dark and stormy night. Lightning lit up the sky and deafening thunderclaps echoed through the Washougal. The 727 bucked and pitched in severe turbulence as Cooper groped his way down the wildly oscillating stairs and stared into the formidable darkness that lurked below.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I just think it is too Convenient.

Certainly a lot more convenient than your stuff :|

General - again - guys, please don't feed the trolls, even if they like burger king... i see even 377 being sucked in now. [:/]
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Jo. You've made more than one post displaying knowledge of Geof's book and what it says about me. All one has to do is read some of your past post.This I'm sure has happened already. So Jo once again what does this Info make you.No conclusions are drawn.Other than the obvious. the info is there for you to evaluate an come to your own personal conclusion. Jerry

What is your problem, Jerry!
I have NOT talked to anyone about YOU. YOU are not important....No one gives a rats ass what you do...you have already discredited yourself with others.

I do NOT talk about you to anyone outside of this thread. The people I talk to OUTSIDE of the thread are people doing genuine research on this subject.
My source of information about you comes from people you have talked to. Did you not take Nuttall and his crew on a tour in WA into MJ country?

Since you zero-ed in on it being Grey then perhaps you took him on the same trip - but you don't even remember all of the different people you took into the woods claiming here or there is where Cooper landed.

YOU don't know where Cooper landed AND you do NOT take someone some place and say this is where Jo was talking about. When first and foremost, you told me the places did NOT exist and then when I did contact you recently about my trip - YOU did NOT want to hear about the places I found.

There is obviously NO good answers as to why you continue to do this. You had the opportunity early one to help with this research in 1996, but you chose to say they didn't exist. When I find they did exist I was called a liar in 2001 and now that I went back out there and found the rest of the places, you did NOT want to know where they were.

NOW you want to continue your slamming of me...anyone who CAN READ AND WRITE can go back to the posts and know that I NEVER SAID Grey said this or that, OTHER than what he has written.

Knowing what his book is going to be about is GENERAL knowledge - a review of ALL of the witnesses and suspects in the case over the yrs.
Keep your dander down - NO ONE IS TRYING TO STEAL YOUR THUNDER. The problem with Thunder - it only annouces that Lightning is close by.:o:D:)

General - again - guys, please don't feed the trolls, even if they like burger king... i see even 377 being sucked in

Yeah. I feed em. I plead guilty and ask for the court's mercy.

It comes from an attraction to the weird and bizzare. I don't believe it, I just like it. It's why the local station that broadcasts Coast to Coast AM is on my radio presets.

Bob Knoss's stuff is way way out, but so was MK Ultra. I don't for a minute think that Norjack was orchestrated by the govt., but you can't rule it out solely on the basis of high ethics in three letter government agencies.

Jo. You've made more than one post displaying knowledge of Geof's book and what it says about me.

:o>:(ONE LAST TIME JERRY! I DO not know what Geoffry Gray has to say about you...I haven't read his book because it is not on the shelves yet! Being nice to you is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life.

One last time For the Record:
Unless Silver Star Mountain is just off of the old 500 and just N Lake LaCames - that is NOT my "mountain".

Perhaps Jerry never expected me to go back to WA/OR and he even quized me about how I could afford to do that It was tough financially, yet Jerry was going on and on about his Gold Mines on my nickel.

Some may read about Flight 305 being 23 DME south of Portland and ponder what that is all about. But most have normal, fulfilling lives and don’t. So this is for the former.

DME is yet another measurement system which sorta uses Nautical Miles (6076 feet, remember?), sophisticated (code for I have no idea how this works) instruments and lashings of Pixie dust to make the whole thing function.

There is a black box in the cockpit with the usual ONOFF, analog user interface input device and perhaps one or two other detents which I frankly have no clue if they do anything other than make me look cool, using a preflight checklist. Once it is energized this instrument will display a numerical value in DME to a navigation station like Battle Ground (formerly known as Portland).

That appears easy enough to understand, so why not just say the aircraft is 23 miles from Battle Ground?

You are about to enter the DME Zone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

That’s right you’ve crossed into a dimension of altitude.

Imagine if you will, you are seated in First Class, being cool and hunky, when the pilot announces that you can unfasten your seat belt now that the plane is level at 48,000 feet for cruise. How high are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6UnvSlahc

That would be the lowest reading the DME could render at the point you are directly overhead.

Don’t worry there is a solution which you may be painfully aware of. If you associate high school with endless wedgies or near constant wearing of a 32 inch ‘Butt Helmet’, then you need not read further. Otherwise you may need to learn how to figure the hypotenuse of a right triangle with “Pythagorean’s Flying Theorem”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49c-_YOkmMU&feature=related

This is where you can calculate how much LESS the distance is the aircraft’s position in DME is compared to the ground track of the same value (23 Nautical Miles).

The graphic (DME) will answer all those questions while validating the value of actually paying attention in math class versus what you may have done instead.

Some may read about Flight 305 being 23 DME south of Portland and ponder what that is all about. But most have normal, fulfilling lives and don’t. So this is for the former.

DME is yet another measurement system which sorta uses Nautical Miles (6076 feet, remember?), sophisticated (code for I have no idea how this works) instruments and lashings of Pixie dust to make the whole thing function.

There is a black box in the cockpit with the usual ONOFF, analog user interface input device and perhaps one or two other detents which I frankly have no clue if they do anything other than make me look cool, using a preflight checklist. Once it is energized this instrument will display a numerical value in DME to a navigation station like Battle Ground (formerly known as Portland).

That appears easy enough to understand, so why not just say the aircraft is 23 miles from Battle Ground?

Imagine if you will, you are seated in First Class, being cool and hunky, when the pilot announces that you can unfasten your seat belt now that the plane is level at 48,000 feet for cruise. How high are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6UnvSlahc

That would be the lowest reading the DME could render at the point you are directly overhead.

Don’t worry there is a solution which you may be painfully aware of. If you associate high school with endless wedgies or near constant wearing of a 32 inch ‘Butt Helmet’, then you need not read further. Otherwise you may need to learn how to figure the hypotenuse of a right triangle with “Pythagorean’s Flying Theorem”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49c-_YOkmMU&feature=related

This is where you can calculate how much LESS the distance is the aircraft’s position in DME is compared to the ground track of the same value (23 Nautical Miles).

The graphic (DME) will answer all those questions while validating the value of actually paying attention in math class versus what you may have done instead.

Farflung, You have flung your challenge far. Just to make sure that we understand each other, I am one of the "former" (as apparently are you also).

If we could get Quade and Mark to do their homework properly, such as you have done, there would be a great reduction of posts to this thread.

First, let's discuss the altitude. When your pilot says that the airplane is at 48,000 feet, how high are you? Unless there is a trick answer ("As high as the Byrds!"), you really can't say how high you are without further calculations.

Modern altimeters have a little knob to adjust for sea level changes in atmospheric pressure. When set to a specific pressure, the reading on the gage is a function of the pressure that the aircraft is experiencing at its flight level and that pressure is shown on the gage as feet above sea level. But the reading on the gage depends on whatever "standard" atmosphere was used to calibrate the gage.

Basically, standard atmospheres specify a certain pressure and temperature for a given "tapeline" height (it can easily be more complicated than this). Corrections can be made to the pressure and temperature to determine "true altitude" but that value may not be correct either.

Generally, "true altitude" is of no consequence in general aviation or airline type flying. Pressure altitude being used for air traffic control purposes to keep aircraft seperated and density altitude, which is a function of both the pressure and temperature, being used for determining aircraft performance.

Allowances are made by the FAA mapmakers, the air traffic control people, and pilots to make sure that adequate terrain clearance is maintained. After that, it is just a matter of keeping the aircraft seperated.

In the matter of the DME, as you have correctly pointed out, at an altitude of 10,000 feet and 23 DME miles from a VORTAC, the error in true horizontal distance is only about three times the fuselage length of an early 727. This is certainly close enough for air traffic control purposes.

Please permit me to elaborate slightly on something I mentioned in my earlier post on this matter. If the aircraft is flying directly from (or to) a VORTAC at a ground speed of 180 knots, it would cover one nautical mile of ground every 20 seconds. Thus a reading of "23" would only appear on the gage for 20 seconds. That is a rather tight window for a given position in the NWA 305 matter.

Robert Nicholson

Farflung wrote:

I love Farflung's posts. The man has talent.

I don't think slant range errors add any meaningful ambiguities to 305s altitude or position. It was flying unpressurized. You know the approximate altitudes. You know it wasn't high enough for the crew to don O2 masks or Cooper to get drowsy. DME gives you a "good enough" range and bearing fix relative to the VOR/DME station.

I like military radios and avionics. I am willing to bet that Farflung's "DME" was really a USAF ARN 21 TACAN set.

Am I right Farflung?

Continental Airlines pilot Bohan supports my violently turbulent dark and stormy night prelude, but nothing else does.

Farflung wrote:

I love Farflung's posts. The man has talent.

I don't think slant range errors add any meaningful ambiguities to 305s altitude or position. It was flying unpressurized. You know the approximate altitudes. You know it wasn't high enough for the crew to don O2 masks or Cooper to get drowsy. DME gives you a "good enough" range and bearing fix relative to the VOR/DME station.

I like military radios and avionics. I am willing to bet that Farflung's "DME" was really a USAF ARN 21 TACAN set.

Am I right Farflung?

Continental Airlines pilot Bohan supports my violently turbulent dark and stormy night prelude, but nothing else does.

377, It is unfortunate that Captain Bohan's remarks are not supported by the available weather data. The relevant weather information can be obtained through the links that are in Robert Blevins posts.

Robert Nicholson

Maybe some one should ask Rat why he told George Nuttall and Ralph that he couldn't even see the lights of portland because of the cloud cover Or maybe some one should ask Cosey about the conditions that night. Ralph even states to this very day the weather was bad. Your weather reports are wrong.Jerry

"Bob Knoss's stuff is way way out, but so was MK Ultra. I don't for a minute think that Norjack was orchestrated by the govt., but you can't rule it out solely on the basis of high ethics in three letter government agencies."

RIGHT! It was NOT orchestrated by the Government. It was orchestrated by a top-notch co-pilot, facilitated by a helicopter pilot and ASSISTED by pilots in the various agencies. It was APPROVED at the highest levels. The court system is the catch 22 that opposes the legality, along with a few honest aggressive agents, and me. These are the facts, and any 'judgment" here is immaterial. Facts do not change by wishing them to, or printing alternatives, given an anchor in the drifting sands.

Sands may come and sands may go,
kinda like that buried dough.
The truth is clear, or so says Jo.
These facts we claim because we know
Old Duane L. Weber said it's so.

The facts run deep and spread afar,
To the cash they found on Tena Bar
The plan came off without a mar,
When Duane took off in his car...
And the pilots cheered! Har! Har! Har!

Now forty years have come and gone,
And pilots noses have grown long