47 47
quade

DB Cooper

From the FBI Notes (page 004/017 in the upper right hand corner), 8:10 PM PST, in part, "Airplane now at 10,000 feet, 170K (i.e., 170 KIAS), TAT minus 7 degrees Centigrade".

Link? Photo attachment?

From the Seattle ARTTC transcript (page 3):

7:50:05 PM PST - Aircraft given Toledo altimeter setting of 29.98 inches of Mercury.

8:13:14 PM PST - Aircraft level at 10,000 feet.

8:15:52 PM PST - Aircraft given Portland altimeter setting of 30.03 inches of Mercury.

Link? Ditto?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Jamie Cooper says in part:

'this comic has been used by multiple persons as well as the FBI to justify a unproven theory that "DB Cooper" took his name from it.'

RobertMBlevins said in part:
This is actually true. But you can see how it came about. Guy with a parachute...name is Dan Cooper. Okay, fine. But it's just a theory, and even if it were true, unless you can put a copy of the comic with a suspect, it means nothing. He could have called himself Jesse James and it would be the same result.

JamieCooper's Response:

while I can see and understand this line of thought, I'll explain why it does matter, and couldn't have been "Jesse James"
My Father didn't view himself as a villain, that wasn't his goal at all.
He didn't like lies.
thats why the name "Dan Cooper" is barely a lie and relied mostly on others misinterpreting, thus in my fathers warped logic, freeing his conscience.
He never intended to hurt anyone from stealing that money or Hijacking the plane.
thats why he used road flares, thats why he tried to be as pleasant and decent as possible to the crew.
He actually respected and cared about their well being in a real sense.
it was his own safety, he wasn't quite as concerned about.
He didn't steal the money out of greed or for selfishness per say, He did what he felt was the only option he had.
I don't know if this comic book had any influence on what he did, but I do know his favorite song, "the Man in Black" by Johnny Cash did.
and if you are involved with any production regarding "DB Cooper" that is the song you should be using!

If anyone can believe anything the FBI has to say remember this.

"We have a suspect on the radar who was Not on the radar before and we need for you (referring to me) to be quiet for a few more weeks." What in the hell does that statement mean?

Jo....Did the FBI make this statement to you recently? or was this a statement made in the past?
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

From the FBI Notes (page 004/017 in the upper right hand corner), 8:10 PM PST, in part, "Airplane now at 10,000 feet, 170K (i.e., 170 KIAS), TAT minus 7 degrees Centigrade".

Link? Photo attachment?

From the Seattle ARTTC transcript (page 3):

7:50:05 PM PST - Aircraft given Toledo altimeter setting of 29.98 inches of Mercury.

8:13:14 PM PST - Aircraft level at 10,000 feet.

8:15:52 PM PST - Aircraft given Portland altimeter setting of 30.03 inches of Mercury.

Link? Ditto?

Quade, You can find all of the sources that I have referenced on Sluggo's web page. As you may know, Sluggo regularly posts on this thread and you can find the link to his web page on this thread at post #20148 which is on page 806. Just click "web page" at the bottom of Sluggo Monster's post and you will be magically transferred to the site. You will need to do your own navigation to the FBI notes and the Seattle ARTCC transcript.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know. How are your calculations coming along?

Robert Nicholson

in 1982 is my best estimate for when my mother stole the briefcase from my father..
but what if I'm wrong on the year? especially for when he confessed to me?
what if it was a few years earlier? and He called Kenny telling him My mom was on to him and to dump some or all of the money he still had?
it stands to reason they knew each other or at least knew of each other.
born in a rural area only 20 miles apart.
within 10 years of each others age?
earlier today I was talking with a friend who grew up within 30 miles of me, who is 10 years older than me.
I asked, what if it was us?
you lived in Washington/Oregon now, and I came out of the sky with a bag of stolen money.
would you hide it and accept a portion for doing so?
yes!
especially if the only victims were an insurance company and a airline company.
a seemingly victim-less crime!
the Kenn y theory came to light because his brother was trying to sell the story.
this suggests they didn't know where the majority of the money was.
sounds more like they had a portion of the story, Kenny doesn't match the physical description, but my father does! had opportunity, motive, ability, matches the FBI psychological profile, and even confessed.

if my "estimate" on the year of his confession is off by a few years, this could explain the discovery of some of money on the side of the river.

JammieCooper said:

A victimless crime?

No victims of NORJAK?

All offers to help you are now rescinded! You are an insensitive person who operates from “an illusion of central position”.

I don’t know about others, but as for me, I refuse to feed the troll.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

JammieCooper said:

A victimless crime?

No victims of NORJAK?

All offers to help you are now rescinded! You are an insensitive person who operates from “an illusion of central position”.

I don’t know about others, but as for me, I refuse to feed the troll.

what? you don't comprehend the meaning of the word "seemingly"?
who's the troll?
you have just admitted that you are going to deliberately work against allowing the truth to surface.
again I say, who's the troll?
because what I said was all true, it's only a matter of time before it will be proven.
your help can expedite that process or you can deliberately confound and hinder it.
you're not actually helping "me" by checking out the story I've shared, you would be helping to prove my father was a criminal, and thus solving a crime, and most likely condemning me to eternal banishment from my fathers side of the family, if not also my mothers.
seriously Sluggo, what do you think I'm gonna get out of this once it's proven?
most people my age and younger have no concept of who or what "DB Cooper" was.
I probably won't even get a shiny "finked out his own parents" badge.
I'll be called the son of a dirty criminal and hated for ratting out my parents.
thing is, I didn't ask for any of it, I didn't commit the crime!
I came here to solve it, and in so doing, try to set things right.
the scenario you're flipping out over was hypothetical.
I'm sure they reasoned "victim-less" to justify stealing the money. like I said, they didn't see themselves as villains.
just as you right now don't
but you are planning on withholding information and working against solving the crime.
grow up! reality isn't always as pretty as you want it to be.
I was led to believe this was a site of knowledgeable/helpful people. and I'm grateful for the ones who are.
I didn't come here to massage fragile egos and pay lip service in some high school popularity game.
if you have any information, it's your duty to share it and help solve the "NORJACK" crime.
otherwise you are an accessory after the fact.

Jamie Cooper says in part:

'the Kenny (Christiansen) theory came to light because his brother was trying to sell the story...'

Wrong.

Lyle thought his brother might be the hijacker. He's also more than 80 years old. He thought Nora Ephron, the director of the film Sleepless in Seattle would be the person to tell the story on Kenny.

In the end, this is what Adventure Books did to ensure credibility regarding Lyle Christiansen:

Lyle was signed to a no-royalties contract, and was required to provide documents, photos, testimony, and complete cooperation to AB. What does he get for all this? NOTHING.

This was the only way we would deal with him. As it turned out, his contributions were reletively minor. Most of the info on Kenny ended up coming through Skipp Porteous' detective agency, or from interviews I did up here in the Northwest.

Dealing with Lyle any other way would have made us no better than say...well...Bill Gossett's children, who stand to gain if Galen Cook can somehow prove his swiss cheese case.

The only thing Lyle or his family stand to gain is the possibility of finding out the truth. They aren't in it for the money.

you say I'm "wrong"?

yet according to Skipp Porteous' detective agency:
"Dear Good People,
I would very much like to contact Nora Ephron, Movie Director of the movie, “Sleepless in Seattle.” I think she would be interested in what I have to say.
Sincerely, Lyle Christiansen."

"We would not be able to give you a famous person’s address. If you want to write a letter to Ms. Ephron, we would deliver it to her ourselves. The fee would be $495. Proceed?"

"When Lyle Christiansen’s money order and letter came in the mail a few days later, Hart passed them on to the agency’s owner, Skipp Porteous. "

http://nymag.com/news/features/39593/

Lyle paid Skipp Porteous?
just to get the truth out there of course and possibly a movie deal.

Well, I couldn't agree more.

This is absurd - all the guy is doing is taking things from this thread and trying to make them his own and applying them to his "subject".

His "subject" was 28 yrs old in 1971, therefore not a valid subject. Pretty hard to be that far off in age regardless - even taking into consideration a hard life or bad genes.

His posting a private email has cause me considerable grief.

Individuals who know what I was going after have closed all communications. I have been in the possession of information that IS not and WILL NEVER be public information. This information might have been helpful to Jamie in resolving his memories and his own past.

Sometimes life is what it is. Sometimes when you have been after something for as long as I have - you run into something you think might make connections. After chasing some these things and finding they have no connections - then I resolve that "connection". This was what I was trying to do with Jamie - but, he refused to provide me with the information I needed to research this matter more.

Mostly he twisted my questions to make is sound like something sordid and nothing anyone else could possibly have made out of those 2 very brief PM's he made public.

The grief he has caused me has resulted in possible litigations against me and shut-down a connection with someone else who maybe a key that could unlock the past...of my deceased spouse - Duane L. Weber who told me he was Dan Cooper.

Perhaps Jamie is more than a troll and he may be here to do exactly what he has done - to destroy the most informative thread to ever exist regarding Dan Cooper aka D.B. Cooper.
This would serve no one other than those who do NOT want the truth exposed.

Jamie was BAIT and I took the BAIT, but I am the only one who could ever be damaged by that BAIT... and all because he posted a private message. Certain Officials know what I have been seeking - and it is NOT anything I have spoke about in this forum or any other forum. I just figured it was something I would NEVER know.

When you go into an old dark closet or basement - one never knows what lurks there - dead or alive. Secrets or Clues to the past lie in wait to be Discovered, but they often end up destroying the seeker.

Fact or Fiction: Did Cooper actually touch a magazine on that night in 1971? The answer I have been told is NO, that McCoy was the only one who handled a magazine. Perhaps my source is wrong, but I doubt it.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Well, I couldn't agree more.

This is absurd - all the guy is doing is taking things from this thread and trying to make them his own and applying them to his "subject".

His "subject" was 28 yrs old in 1971, therefore not a valid subject. Pretty hard to be that far off in age regardless - even taking into consideration a hard life or bad genes.

His posting a private email has cause me considerable grief.

Individuals who know what I was going after have closed all communications. I have been in the possession of information that IS not and WILL NEVER be public information. This information might have been helpful to Jamie in resolving his memories and his own past.

Sometime life is what it is. Sometimes when you have been after something for as long as I have - you run into something you think might make connections. After chasing some these things and finding they have no connections - then I resolve that "connection". This was what I was trying to do with Jamie - but, he refused to provide me with the information I needed to research this matter more.

Mostly he twisted my questions to make is sound like something sordid and nothing anyone else could possibly have made out of those 2 very brief PM's he made public.

The grief he has caused me has resulted in possible litigations against me and shut-down a connection with someone else who maybe a key that could unlock the past...of my deceased spouse - Duane L. Weber who told me he was Dan Cooper.

Perhaps Jamie is more than a troll and he may be here to do exactly what he has done - to destroy the most informative thread to ever exist regarding Dan Cooper aka D.B. Cooper.

so far,
public records have proven
My father was born and raised near Elbow Lake MN, closer to Herman MN would be more accurate.
google will verify the proximity to Morris MN, where Kenny is from. everybody knows everybody in those parts!
they probably knew each other.
my parents marriage is also proven to have ended shortly after NORJACK like I said.
my fathers military service during the Vietnam war as a ATC is proven.
his pilots licence, proven as well.
working outdoors = proven
skin color = proven
height = 6 foot proven
brown eyes = proven
my claims about "Billy Volks" murder = proven correct
(may yield fingerprints and prove my father was DB Cooper once and for all)
and most recently, FBI and others have been using a retouched version of a comic book to support a unproven theory = debunked by me.
and thats all in less than a week.
what have you debunked, added, or proven?

Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Did I ever screw up!

I want to apologize to Robert99 and any others who have been searching for Robert’s calculations on my web-site.

The week before I moved to Augusta, Robert and I decided to place all six parts of his calculations on my site. I THOUGHT I DID THAT! If I did, somehow something got back-copied (probably because I was switching back and forth between my laptop in Augusta and my desktop back in Alabama). So, as Jo would say; “Robert’s work went POOF”.

I have restored the pages (somewhat). I just copied Robert’s e-mails and did not interact with the material. I’ll go back and look it over during the holidays.

So… Quade… Now you can see Robert’s calculations that he kept referring to up-thread.

Again, Robert, I apologize.

Robert’s calculations are here: Aeronautical Calculations (by Robert99)

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Jamie was BAIT and I took the BAIT, but I am the only one who could ever be damaged by that BAIT... and all because he posted a private message. Certain Officials know what I have been seeking - and it is NOT anything I have spoke about in this forum or any other forum. I just figured it was something I would NEVER know.

When you go into an old dark closet or basement - one never knows what lurks there - dead or alive. Secrets or Clues to the past lie in wait to be Discovered, but they often end up destroying the seeker.

Fact or Fiction: Did Cooper actually touch a magazine on that night in 1971? The answer I have been told is NO, that McCoy was the only one who handled a magazine. Perhaps my source is wrong, but I doubt it.

A repost of the last part of my prior post since the most valuable part had yet to come before I was quoted.

I am sure its purpose and what it means is elusive to all, but myself and the others who know the Secrets of the Past....and I have waited patiently for the demons to be extricated...so those held in bondage can go forward with their lives.

I recieved an email telling me that Capt. Bohan who was flying west of V-23 circled wide over the Columbia River as he descended to PDX from the west.
It states the winds aloft were gale force coming out of th SSE and why he used Runway 10 going towards the East.

This conversation was supposedly in a personal discussion between Himmelsbach and Bohan....since I do not know the source of this information I just received, I cannot validate it.

Does the above constitute what you are saying or conflct with it. Remember I am Dumbo when it comes to things like this so I just want to know what this means in terms of how it affected reports of the skyjacked flight and any relationship to the skyjacked plane and the weather conditions.

If anyone can believe anything the FBI has to say remember this.

"We have a suspect on the radar who was Not on the radar before and we need for you (referring to me) to be quiet for a few more weeks." What in the hell does that statement mean?

Why do I need to be quiet?

Jo....Did the FBI make this statement to you recently? or was this a statement made in the past?
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Jamie you just posted:
"while I just recently proved the FBI and others were using a misleading comic book cover, I see no tangible reason to mistrust the FBI.
most likely it was an honest mistake.
I read that the comic book cover came from a online forum,
all it really proves is that a online forum produced a misleading comic book "

You must have ate a lot of paint chips as a kid. Let me ask you a question. You read somwhere where an online forum produced the comic book? Do you know what forum that was? I think i heard about this forum once or twice. Please nobody else answer I want this to come from Young Cooper. Please enlighten me then I will fill in the dots for you.

Jamie you just posted:
"while I just recently proved the FBI and others were using a misleading comic book cover, I see no tangible reason to mistrust the FBI.

You must have ate a lot of paint chips as a kid. Let me ask you a question. You read somwhere where an online forum produced the comic book? Do you know what forum that was? I think i heard about this forum once or twice. Please nobody else answer I want this to come from Young Cooper. Please enlighten me then I will fill in the dots for you.

http://comicanuck.blogspot.com/2009/03/pursuit-of-dan-cooper-rcaf-fbi-explores.html
also I heard Larry Carr say that He got the idea from an online forum in a radio broadcast that can be listened to at http://www.stevenrinehart.com/pages/?section=2&page=9

"paint chips" it's garbage like this that has cost all of you "DB Cooper" over and over.

Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Did I ever screw up!

I want to apologize to Robert99 and any others who have been searching for Robert’s calculations on my web-site.

The week before I moved to Augusta, Robert and I decided to place all six parts of his calculations on my site. I THOUGHT I DID THAT! If I did, somehow something got back-copied (probably because I was switching back and forth between my laptop in Augusta and my desktop back in Alabama). So, as Jo would say; “Robert’s work went POOF”.

I have restored the pages (somewhat). I just copied Robert’s e-mails and did not interact with the material. I’ll go back and look it over during the holidays.

So… Quade… Now you can see Robert’s calculations that he kept referring to up-thread.

Again, Robert, I apologize.

Robert’s calculations are here: Aeronautical Calculations (by Robert99)

Sluggo, No apology necessary! As you know, the seventh of those posts actually made it online first and can be accessed through the link that 377 included in post #17840 on page 714 of this thread. Several of the posts just below that one also include the link. An additional post on this subject is still in limbo and will remain so for the immediate future.

Sluggo, thanks again for posting ALL of the information that you have been able to find on the Cooper hijacking.

Robert Nicholson

I try to avoid repeating things, but I would appreciate it if you would address the below post, because this information is telling me 2 things.

1. Bohan's flight was indeed much further West and is the path of that flight more in line with the "other sitings" of the plane... so many have used to put the skyjacked plane over Interstate 5 in an attempt to explain the money at Tena's bar.

2. Does Bohan's information give any factual clues to the wind factors...that the skyjacked plane may have experienced.

Originally posted early today:

I received an email telling me that Capt. Bohan who was flying west of V-23 circled wide over the Columbia River as he descended to PDX from the west.
It states the winds aloft were gale force coming out of th SSE and why he used Runway 10 going towards the East.

This conversation was supposedly in a personal discussion between Himmelsbach and Bohan....since I do not know the source of this information I just received, I cannot validate it.

Does the above constitute what you are saying or conflict with it? Remember I am Dumbo when it comes to things like this so I just want to know what this means in terms of how it affected reports of the skyjacked flight and any relationship to the skyjacked plane and the weather conditions.

I try to avoid repeating things, but I would appreciate it if you would address the below post, because this information is telling me 2 things.

1. Bohan's flight was indeed much further West and is the path of that flight more in line with the "other sitings" of the plane... so many have used to put the skyjacked plane over Interstate 5 in an attempt to explain the money at Tena's bar.

2. Does Bohan's information give any factual clues to the wind factors...that the skyjacked plane may have experienced.

Originally posted early today:

I received an email telling me that Capt. Bohan who was flying west of V-23 circled wide over the Columbia River as he descended to PDX from the west.

Does the above constitute what you are saying or conflict with it? Remember I am Dumbo when it comes to things like this so I just want to know what this means in terms of how it affected reports of the skyjacked flight and any relationship to the skyjacked plane and the weather conditions.

Jo, Take another look at post #20139 on this thread concerning the information from Bohan that Himmelsbach included in his book.

There is no discussion of Bohan's actual flight path and no support at all for his claim that there were 80 knot winds from the south at 14,000 feet and high winds at the Portland airport.

Robert Nicholson

Jamie you just posted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://comicanuck.blogspot.com/2009/03/pursuit-of-dan-cooper-rcaf-fbi-explores.html
also I heard Larry Carr say that He got the idea from an online forum in a radio broadcast that can be listened to at http://www.stevenrinehart.com/pages/?section=2&page=9

Well to fill in some blanks your mythical online forum you refered to twice, once where you read it was found in a forum and once in verbal from Carr is, DROPZONE.COM The people you are questioning their credentials, Sluggo, Snowman, and even to some extent JO, all had a hand in that being brought to the attention of the public. You were quoting sources and didn't even know this was the source.
Myself and others have suggested you go back and read this forum, and you blew it off as too much work. If you truely want ot gain knowledge about this is read the material and ask questions. I think Blevins, Jo, 377, Sluggo, and others have said the same thing. I don't try to discredit who anyone says is Cooper. I try to listen. I may point out a fact or ask questions, but I am open to all canidates. Blevins makes good points on KC, Jo makes some points on Weber, 377 on Sheridan, Cook on Gossett. Use the information correctly and your point may prove itself. Now go read and comeback with more knowledge young Cooper.

Jamie you just posted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well to fill in some blanks your mythical online forum you refered to twice, once where you read it was found in a forum and once in verbal from Carr is, DROPZONE.COM The people you are questioning their credentials, Sluggo, Snowman, and even to some extent JO, all had a hand in that being brought to the attention of the public. You were quoting sources and didn't even know this was the source.
Myself and others have suggested you go back and read this forum, and you blew it off as too much work. If you truely want ot gain knowledge about this is read the material and ask questions. I think Blevins, Jo, 377, Sluggo, and others have said the same thing. I don't try to discredit who anyone says is Cooper. I try to listen. I may point out a fact or ask questions, but I am open to all canidates. Blevins makes good points on KC, Jo makes some points on Weber, 377 on Sheridan, Cook on Gossett. Use the information correctly and your point may prove itself. Now go read and comeback with more knowledge young Cooper.

I've gone back and read, and read, and read, theres no way to absorb it all. not even a reasonable suggestion.
for the most part it's just Jo says this, and everyone else proves her wrong... ad nausem.
someone is rude, often provoked, and theres attempts to shame... repeat...
wind variables, attempts to fulfill a preconceived "centralist agenda" that he died in the jump.
which of course have all failed for roughly 40 years now.
you are operating under a number of false presumptions, like many others here.
perhaps you should apply some of your advice to yourself.
you haven't even grasped the point of my most recent post.
the comic book lead is bunk. no wonder most on here wanted me to not look into it calling it a dead end.
it calls into question the validity of this forum. if it's greatest achievement was to fabricate and distort the actual facts of the case.
at best it's accidentally misleading, at worst, a deliberate fabrication of which some of those you mentioned are to blame.
this forum has revealed itself to be of little more than a quasi-high school drama. I haven't seen a single thing here that has moved anyone closer to establishing the identity of DB Cooper, or the where abouts of the ransom money.
perhaps thats the real reason the FBI stopped posting here?
good god some of you don't even grasp the value of facebook, a online community that 1 out of every 10 people on the entire planet uses daily.
the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting a different result.
I'll leave you to it. best wishes and thanks to the few who actually have something to contribute here other than pecking order and presumptuous self serving already proven wrong, BS.

Young Cooper,

Go get em kid. As you leave for the wealth of the Facebook world,I leave you with a saying that i hope someday you may understand.

Too soon we grow old too late we grow wise.

thanks, as I am 40 and both of my parents died in their early 60's I'm well aware of my impending mortality.

even in this short post again, attempts put words in the mouths of others, "leave for facebook"? the message that should have came across was that scoffing at facebook is just being obstinate and pigheaded. (not being able to see the Forrest because of the trees)
an all too common theme on this forum.