47 47
quade

DB Cooper

If I had done what Jerry has done for the last page - I would have gotten a vacation and Snowmman got a permanent one.

The difference being is that Snowman became an on-going problem and felt "entitled" to have free reign over the thread for awhile before he finally challenged me to ban him.

I assume yesterday's issue with JerryThomas was an anomaly. He's never done it before, so I'm cutting him slack, as I usually do whenever somebody comes after me specifically. I figure most people go off the deep end occasionally and me getting the brunt of their anger comes with the territory.

That said, there are limits to how much BS even I'm willing to put up with.

Quade,

In all seriousness and in fairness to the general spirit of History and Trivia, how far does this thread need to continue in its current form? Perhaps a new thread started at the point of Sluggo's word document would make things cleaner. Alternatively about 90% of the current posting material is more suitable for SC. I am not against the thread and the topic drifts through interesting phases where it has nothing to do with Cooper.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

You start to realize there was so much you wanted to do and dreamed of doing and now you can't do them. It catches up REAL fast - so I have a little advice to give those who put off things - DO it NOW, because you might NOT be able to do it later.

Hi Jo~

I figured that one out a long time ago and it's been my goal not to let any grass grow under me.

Most of the people that enjoy our sport are like minded and maybe that's part of the attraction.

The candle that burns at both ends only burns 1/2 as long they say....but it's twice as bright! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Perhaps a new thread started at the point of Sluggo's word document would make things cleaner.

It would only be "cleaner" for a very short time. It's the nature of the beast. There are too many different individuals with too many different versions of "the truth"; none of which can be proven nor can some of which be disproven.

The problem is the pissing contests where one faction tries to shut down the other and shutting down this thread to begin another one won't stop that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Who is Jim Braden?
Who was Eugene Hale Brading?
What happened to Mr. Braden and where was he on Nov. 24 1971.
Was there EVER a picture of this Mr. Braden or Brading?
Where was he from and what was his background.
Who was James or Joe Dolan?
What was Mr. James or Joe Dolan's background.

Find pictures of these guys?
Find backgrounds of these guys?
View a clip from the last released Kennedy film - one that had not been released until just about 4 yrs ago and then it quickly disappeared from site. Did anyone make a DVD or VHS tape of the Kennedy clip introduced only a very few yrs ago? If so don't tell anyone because it will go Poof! Was the man in that clip Braden, Brading or Dolan - is that why the clip went Poof! Did the clip show a man near the Dal-Tex Building?
When that man was questioned he was released and the only ID he had was a credit card (duh)!

Why am I doing this? Well, everyone thinks I am delusional so I just as well make it certifiable. I have walked away from this train of thought over and over only to get pulled right back into it. Only this time I have much more than I did before - such as a young man giving me a description of an individual which matched the description of a player in the Kennedy saga...it was a description with other details and there was no denying which Kennedy player it was. NO, It is Not any of the names mentioned above and do NOT ask because I won't tell!

I know who the described man was - what I want to know is more about the other individuals mentioned above.

If anyone has pictures or clips of the above - contact me at my Private email address...I keep those communications private. Surely there is a Kennedy buff in this forum who could get this information for me - I have what is on the internet - I am talking old newpaper clippings or files on the above characters.

Supposedly the FBI is aware that John Collins spent some time in Chicago and it was strange the FBI never let me have the Jefferson file - just what is available on-line. John Collins spent a lot of time in solitare - during his "stay" in Jefferson, yet they commuted his sentence in just a few months? John Collins couldn't be in Jefferson and also at a WA function with his wife?
Why did the FBI go looking for John Collins after he was released from Jefferson? What was so important they went all the way to Boulder, Co. to find him. How did he get away and why did he go to N.O. and he was Duane Weber again. Weber/Collins is in N.O. and he is on the run, but he is working for an insurance company with its H.O. in Texas? How the H--- did he get the insurance license under Weber - a known excon. He also supposedly had a license under Collins in Ks and Mo.

Duane ends up in Mobil and Atlanta working for the same Company, but we will add a couple of others - one being an old JMWave Company with Mafia connections. He was working in Atlanta and Columbia in 1969, 1970 and 1971. He also worked for a private club in Atlanta called the Midnight Sun even when he was selling insurance. Worked two SS's at one time.

Who was Duane's old friend Anderson - wasn't he the writer Duane knew from SLC. Oh! I don't want to forget the photographer - he was a good friend of Anderson's and mentor.

:)I just as well go as bold as I can - the whole can of enchiladas - Right! Bet the FBI doesn't want that can opened...its pretty darn old.:D:D;)

:D Not in a pissing contest with anyone. Just laying out what needs to be layed out before it is too late. It is now or never.

:)
I had acquired some of the same information, but when it was first provided to me a few yrs ago - I had not spoke with one of the individuals mentioned above. Even at that time I still didn't get it until another party decided to provide me with some of the same information I had acquired yrs ago along with some additional sources. Then it HIT me like a TON OF BRICKS!

No it does NOT prove Duane was Cooper, but if Duane did NOT LIE about this connection then why would he be lieing about other things he told me...such as "I'm Dan Cooooper".
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I'm in complete agreement about the nonsensical nature of this thread and the unfair burden it has placed on the fine mesh filtration that keeps this site a magnet for jump enthusiasts.

I will never qualify since I have not jumped and have numerous interests in life. Guess that is one of the attributes of working in aviation. You know - I'm certainly not going to day dream about insurance actuaries or what life is like in a light grey cubicle or the corporate starfish I just gave a catbath in hopes of receiving a raise. Nope.

This needs to be a place for total immersion into the obsession that has more than likely given several Walter Mitty's a reason to keep living in spite of their realities. You know the type, 40 sumtin, working at a testicle shrinking Mickey Mouse company and counting down the days till retirement. Upon realization of what a sorry mess they have made out of their lives they journey to some abandoned, weather beaten facility in the lowest rent district known to man and 'end it all'. But hey, it's not abandoned... it is a Drop Zone. What luck, an opportunity to combine their initial task with a sport. What a rush this new experience has delivered to Mr Bland. He rushes home to his beige, stucco suburbia, in his white Camry to begin a new life as Mr Bland 'Not-Obsessed Sport Jumper'.

Well, time to subscribe to magazines, get some jump clothing you can 'accidently' wear to work, install that 'I'd rather be jumping' license frame on the Camry and join a forum or two.

Then submit thousands and thousands and thousands of comments to other jumpers who have tens of thousands upon tens of thousands of comments, on a forum about jumping. There's never too much to say about sport jumping. While in the middle of one of your thousands of comments (!) you notice a group of four or five wuffos have stained the master sport and need some education along with continued concentration on a single thread.

Yes, I say enough is enough; this sport has suffered long enough the treachery of the eternal wuffo and it is long time to exercise the 'final solution'.

This is a reply made to Georger last yr. by 377

G,

You say nobody here acknowledges that Duane is a poor match to the witness descriptions and the FBI drawing of Cooper. I'll acknowledge it.

Gosset and Braden are better matches for sure.

It is hard to imagine that a made up story about being married to DB Cooper would bring in real estate clients. I'd think it would have the opposite effect.

To be fair to Jo, it doesn't sound like something she would concoct, but I have never met her. Sluggo has and Jerry has. Sluggo sees her as a stubborn and misguided but sincere person. Jerry sees her as a manipulative liar.

I think she is sincere in her highly improbable beliefs, but that's just a hunch. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you for that post. The man who Jerry claimed made the statement - became very angry about Jerry's claim because it did not happen. The friend knew I did NOT want to go public because of the harm it would cause. Why did I contact the FBI in 1996 and not go public until June of 2000?

377 is aware of the toll Cooper has taken on my life, but it was a decision I made. I assure all of you that I am not a liar, nor story teller, nor writer of fiction - just a woman trying to tell what should have been told yrs ago.

Putting together the past of Duane Weber has been difficult and it was a giant puzzle. The FBI was of NO value regarding his past, but they could have made it less complicated by providing some simple SS information. One has to ask this question of others and themselves. Why spend so much money trying to disprove the claim of this woman - when it would have been easier to have provided her with the information she requested...information they have access to? If there was NOTHING to hide - why not?

I fear my time on this thread is coming to an end and found it necessary to make the 2 prior posts. Please note that I did NOT say Weber was any of the individuals mentioned, only that he had a "relationship" with one of the Players.

Do remember this - Jo Weber is NOT a liar, nor a teller of stories, nor a writer of any sort - just one woman who chose to stand-up against the ODDs and to fight for what she believed in regardless of the emotional and physical costs...and believe me they have been costly...

Several yrs ago I came to DZ asking for help and received a lot of resourceful information from many of you who post here and others who only read what is posted. Long before Sluggo, Georger, Jerry and many others made their appearance - I was here doing the only thing I knew to do - tell what I knew and explore the possiblities asking for help anywhere I could get it.

I will continue this quest until I am no longer able to do so. I am not saying good by. My post will be by most standards not even connect to what is being said - just saying what HAS to be said - telling the story that HAS to be told and SHOULD be told. Call them intermissions.

[:/]In 2038 when the truth is known (some of you are young enough and knowledgable enough regarding history) - you might remember an old woman who kept trying to tell you What Really Happened....from 1962 to 1972...10 yrs in history - the untold stories...but then maybe I am just a story teller.;)

Please answer any questions I might pose to the readers by PM's or with my private email which is in my profile. If I have a specific question of a poster I will PM them if they have pms - if they are rejecting pms such as Georger than I have no choice other than to ask the question or make the information available in the thread. If you object to my posts - just ignore me.

I would like to poll ALL the readers:

NO Stop Posting
Yes Continue to Post

Do this by PM since many of you only read the thread and do not post. To do a pm just hit pm and say yes or no. Duplicates do not count...as the posters name comes up on the pm.

If you do not have an acct. Then send me an email at
[email protected]

Note that the post was NOT unrelated to Cooper, but my trying to show that Duane was connected to an individual who was involved in this Kennedy mess.

So Duane posessed the MLK assasin's rifle at one time, had RFK's tie at another time, and was "connected" to the JFK killing through an aquaintance???

Duane sure got around.

Did he know Sara Jane Moore? Nahhh, she was too much of an amateur. Duane only hung with the pros.

Was he close to Carlos Marcelos? ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

This needs to be a place for total immersion into the obsession that has more than likely given several Walter Mitty's a reason to keep living in spite of their realities. You know the type, 40 sumtin, working at a testicle shrinking Mickey Mouse company and counting down the days till retirement. Upon realization of what a sorry mess they have made out of their lives they journey to some abandoned, weather beaten facility in the lowest rent district known to man and 'end it all'. But hey, it's not abandoned... it is a Drop Zone. What luck, an opportunity to combine their initial task with a sport. What a rush this new experience has delivered to Mr Bland. He rushes home to his beige, stucco suburbia, in his white Camry to begin a new life as Mr Bland 'Not-Obsessed Sport Jumper'.

Farflung: man, you really have a flair for writing and a dry (dare I say twisted?) sense of humor.

How about writing a thinly veiled sarcastic article about our sport for Blue Skies, an edgy new skydiving magazine?

Most jumpers are terrible writers (with a few notable exceptions). We need some fresh stuff. It can only come from the outside.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Farflung wrote:

Well, time to subscribe to magazines, get some jump clothing you can 'accidently' wear to work, install that 'I'd rather be jumping' license frame on the Camry and join a forum or two.

Quade wrote:

Whew! Dodged a bullet on that one. Never owned a Camry.

So what adorns the other DB Cooper forum poster's cars?

I only have a sunbeaten Alti 2 altimeter sticker on the lower corner of my rear window, one of the tiny ones that are the size of a quarter and depict a jump altimeter face. It says nothing about skydiving.

It means nothing to Whuffos.

Two cool things have happened though.

Once I came back to my car in a supermarket parking lot and BLUE SKIES was written in lipstick across the back window next to a kiss imprint.

Another time a cop pulled me over and his first question was: "where do you jump." I told him (a local DZ) and he asked me if I knew Jerry Barnes. I said no. He said "good answer, neither do I." He asked if I knew Merle. I said "yes and I jumped with him back before he got injured". "Slow it down a bit" he said and walked back to his car without writing me a ticket.

Whew! Dodged a bullet on that one. Never owned a Camry.

I just replaced a water pump on a V6 Camry owned by a lady who really needed some help.
Price quoted by independent mechanic: $1000.00
I did it for 600.00
wouldn't do it again for $2000 I'd throw it away first!

My favorite car: see attachment...

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

Good old Volvo 240s with B 20 series engines. Water pump change out is an hour job, less if you are really good and you can get euro made high quality pumps for well under $50. Timing belt breaks, engine stops and NOTHING is harmed. You can do all four brakes (new rotors and new pads) in an hour and 3/4. The only b***h of a job is a heater core replacement, been there, wasted an entire blue sky weekend.

A mechanic friend is making really good money underbidding Audi dealers on late model water pump replacements. They want thousands!!!! Apparently you basically have to take the front end of the car body off to do it.

My old Volvo 240 beater/DZ/fishing car just wont die.
Still passes smog test with very low emisions with well over 300,000 miles on an unrebuilt B 27 engine.

If Cooper had an escape car/accomplice, wonder what DBC's ride was? I liked Musika's drawing of DB Cooper riding away in a 68 Mustang convertible with 20s flying out the back.

I don't think Cooper ever existed. a made up person who evolved thru peoples heads of false information who continued to grow. a lot of psych experiments show this happens in situations. Think about that for a while.

and another question:

What the hell is a full grown midget(little person to be correct)???????

I don't think Cooper ever existed. a made up person who evolved thru peoples heads of false information who continued to grow. a lot of psych experiments show this happens in situations. Think about that for a while.

Well, that's one point of view. It doesn't makes sense with respect to even the most basic of facts about the case, but you're entitled to it.
quade -

It doesn't makes sense with respect to even the most basic of facts about the case, but you're entitled to it.

The softer side of Quade revealed. Maybe I should re-argue my case for a Snowmman pardon before he recovers. ;)

The softer side of Quade revealed. Maybe I should re-argue my case for a Snowmman pardon before he recovers. ;)

Actually, it's the exact same side you've always seen. I have no problem with people having alternative views of the case. What I have a problem with is them saying they and they alone are the arbiters of truth and falsehood and attempt to shut down other people's opinions and seize control of the thread.

Heck, I don't even care if people disagree with one another. They just shouldn't think theirs is the ONLY answer and they have some special entitlement on the subject.

As for Snowman, he did far more than simply think he was entitled. Poor choice on his part for anybody that wanted to contact him and only had that screen name to deal with.
quade -

Around 1982 Duane told me he had to go to Memphis and asked me if I would like to keep him company. Beleive it or Not that is how he said it.

While in Memphis he pointed out places - the motel, a corner which had been change as there used to be shrubs there, a balcony you could see from the 2 story motel we stayed in - and mentioned a man who used to live there. In front of the motel facing the street and to our left he said that just down that street was cafe (don't remember the word he used, as tonight I had to take pain killers which I usually refuse to take). He mentioned that over the cafe was rooms and I got the impression he worked there - maybe washed dishes as he mentioned knowing the owner.

I don't remember where we ate that night or what else we did on that night - and we probably didn't get there until late afternoon...or almost dark. At that time we were driving a Mercury Marquis - maroon.

The next morning he loaded our luggage and then hands me the KEY's to the Car (that was the first time I had ever been in possession of keys to HIS car).
When he hands them to me - he says "I have to go down the street - if I am not back in 45 minutes take the car and go back to Atlanta - I will find you."

Then he just walked out the door before I could even open my mouth in protest. I didn't have a clue what was going on or what was happening and I still don't know exactly what he did in Memphis during that trip.

I kept watching from the direction he had walked in and when he came back he was putting something in the trunk.
He came up to the room and said "Let's go". I don't even remember if he took time to go to the bathroom.

His opening the trunk before he came upstairs meant that he had one set of keys and had given me the spare. I never knew what he did that morning, but a few months later we bought a Village Station Wagon - and for the first time a rifle entered our home - a Remington 30 something. He told me he had bought it at a flea market and showed me where it used to have a scope on it.

While we were in Memphis he mention that he and his ex-wife had hid something behind a medicine chest in a room one time. They removed the chest and place items down between the wall..he didn't tell me what or when or why. But this comment and the rifle arriving in our home when he no longer had a trunk to keep it in - is why I think Duane went to Memphis to retrieve a rifle. I had NO reason to remember what kind of rifle killed MLK. I had NO reason to believe the rifle in our home was connect in any way with Memphis, until 1988.

In 1988 we had just moved to Florida and he put the gun in the coat closet. We had not finished unpacking and had to go to Tallahassee and when we returned our home had been robbed. When we walked into the house - I said we have been robbed - he turned around and went right to the closet and he said - "Oh, Damn they got the rifle".

Because so many other things had been taken - and the rifle was the only thing he was upset about...it made me curious about the rifle because he had not used it and was not a hunter.

In recounting this trip I just remembered something else. Duane and I went to Tallahassee, but I don't remember why - I am drawing a blank - I didn't have an account in Tallahassee. We went over with the Travel Trailer and stayed at a camp ground - but I do not remember why. He did leave me alone part of the next day - but why? Just remembering this - it makes his trip to Tallahassee in 1990 all that more of a mystery - the one where he left his friend in charge of the market while he got on a plane and left and did not get back until Sat. This meant Jim had the Market on Thursday and Friday all by himself.He had told Jim he would be back by Noon on Friday.

I am using my time on the thread only to recount things I have said that are triggered by posts made on the forum but will be address no one person. In doing so I remembered a detail I had NOT remembered before.

I do not know where the rifle came from - but this is an accounting of the rifle that appeared in our home in Virgina Beach, Va. The circumstance of HOW I think that rife came to be and when it disappeared. I even know the name of the man who stole the rifle - and other thing. I tried to chase this criminal down myself only to be told he was a dangerous man and I needed to stay out of that neigborhood. I also chased this man on Nine mile road in Pensacola at a very fast rate of speed - where the Hell is a cop when you need him.

I cannot reveal this man's name on a public forum and I saw his mug in the local papers after I married my last husband. I then read he had been encarcerated and wanted to talk to him I did not pursue this at that time due to circumstances regarding my husband's health.

Just take the story for what it is worth - I do not know that Duane possessed a rifle involved with the MLK assasination, but if any other woman had been married to a man who she later found was in 5 prisons covering a 17 yr period of his life prior to her marriage to the joker - would she not have analyzed everything that happened during a 17 yr marriage...it is only natural. Women do not like finding they have been used.

Quade,

what i was trying to demonstrate was show me one piece of evidence on anything in this case that can't be refutted? I won't go further, my point relates to what you said earlier, in my opinion all the evidence is just one person's point of view that once questioned doesn't hold up or is not backed by anything.

There are a number of facts that aren't refutable;

The night of the hijack.
The crew member's names.
The aircraft involved.

The list is actually pretty large.

There is also a list of things that, while not really in question by most people, certainly have been questioned by a couple;

Did DB Cooper even exist or was he perhaps a huge ploy by one or more of the crew members?

That would be pretty hard to pull off because of other people's descriptions of the man and the passenger manifest vs who was accounted for when people deplaned.

Then there are a number of claims that appear to be facts to those that claim them and completely questionable or complete fabrications to others. The problem with those would be a "debunker" trying to prove otherwise.

Let's say I told you two years ago I ate a cookie and you don't believe me. How the hell are you going to prove I didn't?

I might not have any proof I ate the cookie, but you sure as hell don't have any proof I didn't.

Does that mean I'm a liar and need to stop telling my cookie story because I don't have proof? No.

What it means is, if you want disprove my story, you're going to have to put up some actual evidence to the contrary, like show I was locked away with absolutely no access to cookies.
quade -

I'm fully accepting of the notion that the identity of DB Cooper will likely never be known. In the unlikely event of a discovery, I'm completely braced for the crushing disappointment that this thread will have helped not.

But, I'm the sort of guy that feels a bit of a let down when news breaks about another super model getting engaged as I'm forced to remove her from the selection pool which exists only in my mind. Gosh I wish I could be as centered and grounded as a jumper, rather than viewing myself as such a Herculean figure cursed with endless powers of attraction.

In spite of my hulkingly ripped frame and endless wealth, a part of me is weak and poor. That lies in my total misunderstanding of what bothers people about what is scribed in this dainty, 17,000+ post thread. Gaze upon the sixty page selection in the oddly named 'History and Trivia' section. Then kneel and bow to its awesomely wide field of subject matter potential. Bow! and kneel!

So what up? DB Cooper seems to throw dozens of otherwise normal jumpers into a frenzy that makes Frankenstein look sedate while he was menaced with flaming clubs, by toothless villagers.

Have they reviewed some of the titles? what happened to all the snoots are for toots?, Naked Fatalities, How big were pea pits in the early days?, Skydiving Midgets and Cave of the Swallows. Well it is certainly clear why the Cooper thread has drawn all this attention, it is making a mockery of the sub-category.

Now I'm not only willing to let the afore mentioned threads live an unmolested life. I also have no desire what-so-ever to even be bothered to look at any of them. I may violate that pledge in regard to 'Cave of the Swallows', but the other subjects hold no interest for me.

I will go on to add, that if 'Cave of the Swallows' turns out half as I imagine, the last thing I would ever do is complain or lobby for its removal.

I will go on to add, that if 'Cave of the Swallows' turns out half as I imagine, the last thing I would ever do is complain or lobby for its removal.

Swallows in that cave are nouns not verbs. Sorry to disappoint ya Farflung. At least I saved you a pointless trip to Mexico.