47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Knoss.Donkeys has nothing to do with a no go on intelligence. Maybe I can put it in simpler term's. Game plan over. There is no sand table for this operation. Call in artillery "Danger Close ". Jerry

Take two aspirin and try again in the morning. Nullo comprendo.

Are you saying I am correct and we should not be discussing this on the internet and you are threatening me? Quade? What is he saying? Does not sound sober or militarily ethical to me. Sound like a complete admission.

Blevins: Knoss doesn't have a story. Never has and never will. All he wants to do is try and make fools out of everyone on Dropzone. Jo Weber brought him into this net. Knoss believe's it is his responsibility to make a fool out of Jo and anyone else on DropZone and not just because of Jo but for self satisfaction.He wishes to make himself feel supirior to others. If you have monitored all his post's you'll find that he mocks all stories and interjects a field of fantisy. This feeds his insecurity. Jerry

BK says in part:

'Not quite right, Jerry. I stand by my information because it was part of my life. Not speculation...'

Your story reminds me of the final scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark:
Army Intelligence man: 'We have top men working on it, Dr Jones...'
Indiana Jones: 'WHAT men?'
Army Intelligence: 'Top men...'
I'll admit your Cooper Fable is one of the most entertaining, if not actually fact. Get out of town. You are funnier than an ant trying to climb out of a sand hole with a wooden crutch.

Just more fiction from a fiction writer. Glad you are enjoying the presentation of honest to God realism. We need to put Bob Hope's big white hat on Jerry as he rides the nuclear bomb out of the bomb bay doors, YEE-hay!!! Then you could make it your story.

Blevins: Knoss doesn't have a story. Never has and never will. All he wants to do is try and make fools out of everyone on Dropzone. Jo Weber brought him into this net. Knoss believe's it is his responsibility to make a fool out of Jo and anyone else on DropZone and not just because of Jo but for self satisfaction.He wishes to make himself feel supirior to others. If you have monitored all his post's you'll find that he mocks all stories and interjects a field of fantisy. This feeds his insecurity. Jerry

Thank you, Doctor. I'm secure. I will write no story, no books, no articles and I will expose the untruths as they are presented as accurately as I can. I am far from superior and am the first to realize it, but it is an advantage to know what really happened, when someone claims that DB Cooper was Mr. XYZ, and you know better.

Jo can take care of herself. She built her nest and can lay in it. Not my nest. Hard to keep half the story a secret. My information is too far out for her to sign on and maintain her credibility, but down deep she knows I'm right. Sad situation.

Knoss: Down deep. or half a story secret. Realy? How can a half a story be secret or down deep when it is nothing but fictional from your mind. Jerry

A white hat because you honestly think you are doing right. Half the story because she refuses to implicate the trainer as she knows that part of the story and they have discussed it and the kids. The only fiction that is promoted here is more and more volunteer Coopers. One after another. There are what, 2000 confessors? 2000 calls a year to the FBI? Jerry, you should confess, too. You know enough and we'd all sign on, just for you! You could be famious, infamious, like Zorro! In a black hat!

Knoss: Fame is not what Im after.All I want to do is see this case solved before Ralph Dies. I Recieved a phone call today from a producer. Representing Cold Caqse Files, Tom Cobare. He has been monitoring DropZone. He ask who I would recommend for a interview he had a list of name's.When he was done with his list I only recommended 4 names. Amazon, Guru312, Cline,. Quade. Some of the others he had already interviewed at the symposim.So please Knoss remember that there are others monitoring DropZone looking for serious comments related to this case. Jerry

I posted a similar thing several days ago asking if anyone tried to get his height that way plus showed a picture with several issues I had commenting on the left side of the photo. never got any response.

Looking at the picture and the location of the door knob and strike-plate, I believe the information on his driver's license is the actual height of K.C.

I measured my front door and the doorknob is center at 33 1/2" (measuring from the threshold). I stood next to the strike plate and it lines up with the the center of my hip. I am 5'11".

Looking at the picture it seems that the strike-plate on the door is well above the center of K.C.'s hip and almost in line with his elbows or waist. So I have come to the conclusion K.C. is 3-4 inches shorter than I am or I have very long legs (that last part was for Farflung ;))

Well that was fun. I am sure it also was a complete waste of time and energy as the doors in Washington will be of a different size.

I am laughing a myself Vickie and you - I tried the same thing.
Note he has on boots and he has already crossed the thresh hole. I am 5'6" used to be 5'7-1/2, but when you get old everything goes down hill. The Nurse tried to tell me I was under 5' 6"
I told her like Hell - there was something wrong with her scales when I know she is right - but damn that is why my clothes swallow me lately. When you get older you tell them how tall you are and that is what they are supposed write down - RIGHT?

Recentely I have been cracking the Dr.s and the nurses up when I go in - I just argue with them till they say Yes Mam you are 5'6 1/2 and then I insist they find that other inch they lost? The only good thing about getting old is you can usually get your way. :ph34r: and NO one is going to argue with you.:D
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

It looks like I'm missing all the fun. Like others I've been reading this site for awhile. I'm a retired cop, 30 years on a major P.D., 25 years a detective. 15 years Intelligence detective organized crime. Department Rep Federal Organized Crime Strike Force. Successful private investigator 11 years. Featured some years ago in a New York Times best seller non-fiction. I'm a licensed private pilot but don't fly much anymore. Never have and don't intend to jump out of my plane. I like MOST of you folks. It' late, time to go to bed. Yes I have opinions. Rosebud

Knoss: Fame is not what Im after.All I want to do is see this case solved before Ralph Dies. I Recieved a phone call today from a producer. Representing Cold Caqse Files, Tom Cobare. He has been monitoring DropZone. He ask who I would recommend for a interview he had a list of name's.When he was done with his list I only recommended 4 names. Amazon, Guru312, Cline,. Quade. Some of the others he had already interviewed at the symposim.So please Knoss remember that there are others monitoring DropZone looking for serious comments related to this case. Jerry

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I truly try to avoid ANY opinions, but am only human. I try real hard to offer only information that is first hand fact rather than second hand speculation. There is a very big difference. I think you probably have some valuable information based on who sent me to you, but I haven't heard anything I can verify. I would refuse to do that kind interview anyway, Jerry. My comments are absolutely dead serious. Nothing I ever say could be used as evidence without a valid confession or two. That will not happen during Ralph's lifetime. Ralph indirectly promised me that. No arrests while he is alive. And Larry Carr said it could never be solved, under the circumstances. So, Jerry, you are in a catch 22. And I was feeling frustrated. Sorry, Dude, you got a much bigger problem. I can help you on the QT^. Call me! A silent partner...

Question for my jumping friends...Ok, I've never met most of you, but we're all friends here.;)...

If you jumped out of flight 305 in those conditions -- dark, rainy, cold -- and you were trying to locate yourself as you were falling, what could you identify.

If you jumped at Ariel, could you find I-5? (because of headlights and tail lights). I don't think you could see any mountains, lakes or rivers at night.

If you did have an accomplice what could you tell him by walkie-talkie when you hit the ground?

Bob Knoss,

You claimed Nixon was a pilot. It's either true or a lie. Being a war pilot would have been an election campaign asset. He would have no reason to conceal it. I find no mention of it in any web bio info.

You claimed Nixon said it. To you?

It's hard to absolutely refute your wild claims about McCoy etc , but this Nixon one is easy. You claimed it. Prove it.

Proof, not Poof. Burned records is like the dog ate my homework.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bob Knoss,

You claimed Nixon was a pilot. It's either true or a lie. Being a war pilot would have been an election campaign asset. He would have no reason to conceal it. I find no mention of it in any web bio info.
It's hard to absolutely refute your wild claims about McCoy etc , but this Nixon one is easy. You claimed it. Prove it.

He said it in an interview. He said he was a pilot, but that he didn't fly anymore, he had pilots for that. I can try to find more information on that, but it was not my intention to get into a trial case here. You are way out of my league. I'm just a tool that has been used for a very good memory. Can't be sure when it was recorded, but I think it was in California. The FAA director or whatever that came to power about the time this Project initiated was the first pilot in charge of the FAA also. That had the biggest role in starting anything. He was from California and may have had direct ties to Nixon, pilot-wise. I'm not a professional researcher, but I will try, because I respect your attitude.
It has to be out there somewhere. I vividly remember the tape.

walkie-talkies back then were not small either, would of been another added piece to his gear that he jumped with,and if he landed in the right spot for the "one mile" walkie-talkie range they had on a flat line of sight! they were in the mountains so the talkie might not have much range.

woods and buildings block the signal as well.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Bob Knoss,

He said it in an interview. He said he was a pilot, but that he didn't fly anymore, he had pilots for that. I can try to find more information on that, but it was not my intention to get into a trial case here. You are way out of my league. I'm just a tool that has been used for a very good memory. Can't be sure when it was recorded, but I think it was in California. The FAA director or whatever that came to power about the time this Project initiated was the first pilot in charge of the FAA also. That had the biggest role in starting anything. He was from California and may have had direct ties to Nixon, pilot-wise. I'm not a professional researcher, but I will try, because I respect your attitude.
It has to be out there somewhere. I vividly remember the tape.

Nixon was NOT a pilot. He was a lawyer that was assigned to various Naval Aviation organizations but strictly in a legal capacity.

At the same time, it should be noted that Eisenhower was actually a civilian pilot. He had learned to fly through a military recreational flying club while in Manilla in the late 1930s with MacArthur.

At the start of WW2, Eisenhower had strongly supported the founding of what became the Army liason aircraft missions.

Question for my jumping friends...Ok, I've never met most of you, but we're all friends here.;)...

If you jumped out of flight 305 in those conditions -- dark, rainy, cold -- and you were trying to locate yourself as you were falling, what could you identify.

If you jumped at Ariel, could you find I-5? (because of headlights and tail lights). I don't think you could see any mountains, lakes or rivers at night.

If you did have an accomplice what could you tell him by walkie-talkie when you hit the ground?

Please remember that the airliner was at 10,000 feet above sea level, there was a complete cloud overcast with a base at 5000 feet above sea level, then there was a "broken" cloud layer with a base at 3500 feet above sea level, and other clouds below that.

A "broken" cloud layer is defined as covering 60 to 90 percent of the sky and constitutes a "ceiling". Even descending under an open parachute, Cooper could not have had a good view below the clouds until he was below 3500 feet.

While the Portland International Airport is only 30 feet above sea level, the ground elevations to the north and northwest are considerably higher. For instance, the placard from the stairwell was found about 1500 feet above sea level near La Center.

So Cooper would have been hard pressed to identify anything precisely even when he descended below the 3500 foot ceiling. And he would not have had more than three minutes to look around before he was in trees, or water, or on solid ground.

BK says in part:

'Not quite right, Jerry. I stand by my information because it was part of my life. Not speculation...'

Your story reminds me of the final scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark:
Army Intelligence man: 'We have top men working on it, Dr Jones...'
Indiana Jones: 'WHAT men?'
Army Intelligence: 'Top men...'
I'll admit your Cooper Fable is one of the most entertaining, if not actually fact. Get out of town. You are funnier than an ant trying to climb out of a sand hole with a wooden crutch.

Just more fiction from a fiction writer. Glad you are enjoying the presentation of honest to God realism. We need to put Bob Hope's big white hat on Jerry as he rides the nuclear bomb out of the bomb bay doors, YEE-hay!!! Then you could make it your story.

Now your confusing your movies characters! That was Slim Pickens.

At least use the attention to detail you use in your made up cooper story in your rebuttals!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The first guy in charge of the FAA was Elwood Quesada. He was selected by Eisenhower because of his vast experience in aviation to include being a pilot.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/10/us/elwood-r-quesada-first-faa-chief-dies-at-88.html

Attached is a picture of General Quesada in his USAF uniform. There is a US Army person in uniform for comparison. Thanks to their penchant for decorations, devices and badges, I can personally attest to saluting more Army buck privates than any rank of Air Force officer.

Cooper may not have had a walkie talkie, but a transmitter so an accomplice could find HIM.
They would have had pre-arranged places for the accomplice to head to - depending on the range of the transmitter. Maybe why Green Mt (in Washougal was so important to my story). I don't know this for a fact - just Duane's background and the stories he told me and what he showed me in WA in 1979. The witnesses never mentioned a walkie talkie and I do NOT believe they were all that small in 1971, but I do not really know.

Because of Duane's involvent in communications - (walkie talkies, CB's and his association with the Tower (communications in airports) operators. (can't remember the correct name for these ground controls tower personnel at this moment - NOT feeling well at all right now).
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

most walkie-talkies of this time period had a very low range of broadcast, Marla speaks of "expensive" ones that had a range of one mile, this would be on a flat surface plain sight (no obstructions) in order to get one mile.

If he landed in a wooded area the limit of range would fall and even worse if in a Mountain range, IMO he would of had to almost land right on Dewy in order for the talkies to work in those conditions.

the common CB radio does not exceed 4 watts output while most walkie talkies were in the milliwatt range of that period and again you would need no obstructions in order for them to work good.

I have a CB radio and for me to talk any great distance with it I have a Ham LINEAR AMPLIFIER hooked up to it in order to talk long range, my radio is the legal 4 watts but the amp will give me over 1,000 watts allowing a greater distance.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Cooper may not have had a walkie talkie, but a transmitter so an accomplice could find HIM.
They would have had pre-arranged places for the accomplice to head to - depending on the range of the transmitter. Maybe why Green Mt (in Washougal was so important to my story). I don't know this for a fact - just Duane's background and the stories he told me and what he showed me in WA in 1979. The witnesses never mentioned a walkie talkie and I do NOT believe they were all that small in 1971, but I do not really know.

Because of Duane's involvent in communications - (walkie talkies, CB's and his association with the Tower (communications in airports) operators. (can't remember the correct name for these ground controls tower personnel at this moment - NOT feeling well at all right now).

Jo, Now your are claiming that Duane has a background in aviation radio communications? Just exactly when did you get that idea?

The subject matter is quickly becoming yet another ‘headless corpse’, so I thought I would help with a few definitions. I just give and give and give.

You might be surprised how these terms are utterly destroyed by the average person since they are now part of the American lexicon, right or wrong. I don’t recall any being right though.