47 47
quade

DB Cooper

A bit quick to label Mr Green a fed i think , the information you point out regarding 1998 is available anywhere on the net.
Wikipedia for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper#Duane_Weber

In fact it's a copy/paste job from wikipedia.

I'm not FBI Jo. Calm down. I just assumed most intelligent posters on here would realize I was quoting Wikipedia and then asking you a follow up question. I normally do not quote Wikipedia unless the information has credible legs....such as the FBI website

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2007/december/dbcooper_123107

TM doesnt strike me as the convent type in appearance which often speaks volumes. What scared her so much that she went into recluse to this day ?

While the airliner was on the ground in Seattle, the flight crew was informed that the Chief FAA Psychiatrist in Washington, DC predicted that the hijacker would probably take a prisoner with him (hence the four parachutes) and blow up the airliner as he/they jumped. This information can be found in the radio transcripts.

Thanks Robert , i fully agree what happened to them as told would be terrifying without question. Enough to keep out of sight for 40 years though ? Thanks for your input , it has me thinking.

I believe you referred to me as a conspiracy theorist and that is way off. In my search into Weber's past things have come to my attention - and again I invite you to view these things yourself.

There are others I do not expose in the thread because their lives were forever altered by Duane Weber during his life. They are NOT things I will expose in a public thread and to do so involves other people who do not need to be hurt more than they already have.

You are wrong that I will not accept explanations from the FBI, but they do not need to be Frosted with untruths as the letter of 1998 was. I need to see what evidence they looked at to make a judgement. I have harped on the DNA and fingerprints because of the letter and a subsequent phone call yrs later that disputed their findings.

Remember if you have had a hard time following me - How do you think the FBI did especially when the information goes thru several hands and some of it was never told to the FBI at all?
Why, because my naive mind thought talking to ex-FBI was okay because he listened, but I was not able to put what I said on paper. Everytime I tried to write something it came out the way it does in this forum.,.. all
random and not connected...I can't think like normal people.
I will inject in the middle of a conversation something totally unrelated and this confuses anyone who does not know me well or has no knowledge of what I am talking about.

I have never asked the FBI for anything other than an explanation supported with the evidence, DNA, prints and details regarding the criminal past of Weber - supported by documents. I want these to be provided to me and then I want a chance to discuss them after I have had sometime to review them. I know there is something the FBI has missed, because there is just too much about Duane's involvement in this crime to be totally missed.
An Agent might not see it, but someone else like myself could look at the files and see something that might mean absolutely nothing to the AGENT and it be the key a family member will zero in on or someone like myself so closely connected to the subject.

If I didn't want the truth more than anything in the world - I could have sold my story yrs and yrs ago. I had the offers, but I told them I did NOT want to proceed without Proof. I believe my words where "I need more proof". I did not want to go public when I did - but the FBI forced my hand. 11yrs later I still have not received documentation and consultation I requested, but these things have been granted to media and writers.

A normal person requesting information about their husband and being denied that - created a conspiracy climate? If they would have taken the time 11 yrs ago when I confronted them to provide me with an adequate explanation - I could have had a normal life.

If I had WANTED to be a big part of this grand Adventure as you called it and wanted to interject myself into the case - I would have gone public when I contacted the FBI or shorty thereafter.
I am basically a person who never likes to stand out - and I would be the last one to put my hand up in class, but always knew the answers. I was never one to want to be on the front row - or to try to get attention. I preferred to stay in the background, because I do NOT feel adequate when I try to verbalize things. My social skills lack connective verbalization with random conversations. I do this on paper also. Even my trying to explain this makes me sound like an idiot.

Perhaps you should listen to the first interview I ever did - a radio program. It is on the web someplace - what you hear is not the woman you talk to one on one, but someone who is actually afraid of being made to look bad or make a social faux paux. I do well one on one and where the other party knows the subject well enough to ask me question, but NOT to interrupt me when I go off in different direction because then I will never remember what I was trying to say in the first place.

My story is more credible than any out here or has ever existed, because I have NOT made any portion of it up. It is not a distorted child hood memory or something I learned.
My memory is visual. Do not ask me to memorize a poem or a song - that is not visual. I can remember conversations when related to a place or something I am seeing.

The above is why when I went to WA in 2011 I had additional recalls of the 1979 trip. The 2001 trip was to set up and I had no freedom to roam on my own and to go the way my memory took me. Back in 2001 I would never have dreamnt of taking a trip in 2011 in which I actually rented a car and set out to re-create the trip Duane and I made in 1979. I knew if I did not make that trip when I did - I would never be able to do it.

I do not regret spending that 5k, because it gave me the answers I was hindered from obtaining in 2001 because a certain other person in the Cooper saga interjected himself on the crew and I ended up with a guide who didn't even know the place I was describing was LaCames Lake - not the Columbia. I did NOT have a map of the area until I returned home.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Thank you for your reply, Mrs. Weber. Unfortunately, there is just too much outlandish information in your stories to make me a believer in Duane Weber being Cooper. Kennedy's tie; the Bay of Pigs; the rifle that looked like the one that killed MLK.

Again, as a former LEO, my experience tells me that the FBI has probably done, in the normal course of the investigation, many things you have asked them to do. But that doesn't mean they publicize it nor would they share it with you--why would they? Because you asked? It doesn't work that way.

Thank you for your reply, Mrs. Weber. Unfortunately, there is just too much outlandish information in your stories to make me a believer in Duane Weber being Cooper. Kennedy's tie; the Bay of Pigs; the rifle that looked like the one that killed MLK.

Again, as a former LEO, my experience tells me that the FBI has probably done, in the normal course of the investigation, many things you have asked them to do. But that doesn't mean they publicize it nor would they share it with you--why would they? Because you asked? It doesn't work that way.

The ironic part is if it had just been left alone 11 years ago the world would probably still think Weber was Cooper , of course we now know he wasn't.

As an FNG here, and after having read through most of both threads, two things strike me about this discussion:

1) Once upon a time, there was some serious, analytical debate based on solid research, but I think that time has passed. There was an FBI agent here throwing you guys some bones and listening--pity he apparently had enough and moved on to greener pastures.

2) What remains of the serious discussion and logical reasoning is clouded by a handful of individuals who offer redundant and irrelevant information, yet the community tolerates it and rarely gets super nasty with, for example, the lead offender. In all seriousness, I think that's a compliment to the maturity of most of the community.

Bear in mind I have NO idea what a LEO is.

Memphis:
The story about the trip to Memphis and the rifle are very very true.

Tie:
The tie story was told to me by an individual who was but a child in 1971. It was one of his memories of Duane and something that they talked about at family get togethers yrs later when Duane was no longer with them.

Bay of Pigs:
The Bay of Pig is because he showed me where JMWAVE had their offices and he told me about their activities. He also me about the planes they acquired.
He talked about a airport they used. Duane was in prison 1950-1957. He went back in prison 1960 -1962 and then supposedly 1966-1968 (this one I question). He was supposedly in Jefferson under the name of John C. Collins the sentence was commutated under that name.
Duane was pissed! That statement came from the wife of the times.

Duane worked for a JMWAVE Company as an insurance saleman - an ex-con fresh out of prison along with several others that were excons. A man with this company had Mafia and Other connections. Duane even delivered a package to him in 1981 while we were married and Duane did NOT work for the man at the time. The tranfer of the 'package' took place in ATL between someone from a meeting for a company we did not work for...the very meeting where I was NOT allowed to take pictures. The last time I would see Ed Horan. NOTE Ed Horan seems not to have existed yet he worked for the company whose meeting we attended - supposedly as a guest per Duane
I took a picture of him that night.

The FBI never checked out a man who knew Duane by John and the one who told me that Duane knew people in high places and if I wanted to be around to play with my grand kid to destroy everything I had and never look back.

That is it in a nutshell.

EVERY WORD of the ABOVE is the WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. The words have not been embellish and these are stories I have told repeatedly....I will swear to this under oath.

Much of the above can be documented with pictures and employee records. When I first started this there were 3 individuals still alive involved in the JMWAVE /Mafia connection (all 3 deceased now), but still alive when I told the FBI the first time. I can also supply the name of the man who took the rifle. He was in prison not long ago for another crime in Fl. You can contact him and ask him about the rifle and what he did with it.

Jo,

I don't doubt that those things were told to you, but that doesn't make them true.

Small time loser criminals used to drop all sorts of hints about Mafia connections but it was total BS. The few times I had any connection with true organized crime defendants the M word and any substitutes for it were never mentioned.

I've never accused you of lieing. I just think you were conned.

Small time crooks dream of grandeur. They boast, lie and con their way into making others believe they are big shots.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Never a truer word spoken 377 , ask any fisherman how big that last trout was and you'll get similar results. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Again,forgive me if its been asked or mentioned before , but the library book ..with the handwriting.If it went down as we were told , did it occur to anyone that is where Duane got his info to spin his tale ?

As an FNG here, and after having read through most of both threads, two things strike me about this discussion:

1) Once upon a time, there was some serious, analytical debate based on solid research, but I think that time has passed. There was an FBI agent here throwing you guys some bones and listening--pity he apparently had enough and moved on to greener pastures.

2) What remains of the serious discussion and logical reasoning is clouded by a handful of individuals who offer redundant and irrelevant information, yet the community tolerates it and rarely gets super nasty with, for example, the lead offender. In all seriousness, I think that's a compliment to the maturity of most of the community.

No idea what an FNG is.
Yes I have to be redundant just as I had to address the 3 things you pointed out Bay of Pigs, MLK and the tie story. Those are the 3 main things the FBI and others WANTS to see go away.

The only reason I am posting all of this again is because you needed to see it in a question answer format you can deal with.

Jo,

I don't doubt that those things were told to you, but that doesn't make them true.

Small time loser criminals used to drop all sorts of hints about Mafia connections but it was total BS. The few times I had any connection with true organized crime defendants the M word and any substitutes for it were never mentioned.

I've never accused you of lieing. I just think you were conned.

Small time crooks dream of grandeur. They boast, lie and con their way into making others believe they are big shots.

Duane did NOT use the Mafia word. I use it so that others can understand what I am trying to say. I give up this is wearing me down to nothing - it is a loosing battle. I witnessed actual transactions - but don't know what they were about, but Duane was the carrier. I cannot imagine what the founder of a large organization connected to Government contracts would have to do with a small time con man trusting him to deliver a package to a man who appeared to be very wealthy and who I was later told during my questioning of individuals out of Duane's past was M out of Chicago.

TM doesnt strike me as the convent type in appearance which often speaks volumes. What scared her so much that she went into recluse to this day ?

Who knows what else was going on in her personal life and what effect the incident had on that. One day this whole mess happened out of the blue, and I am sure was very frightening and stressful. But maybe her reaction hasn't been so much to do with the actual incident, disturbing as it must have been, but the ongoing un-asked-for and incurable condition of being associated with it.

Not everyone would want that kind of attention, to be known for and defined as a person primarily by something like that, something completely out of one's control. Wanting to block things out, and hiding out somewhere could understandably be way to deal with something like that.

Never a truer word spoken 377 , ask any fisherman how big that last trout was and you'll get similar results. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Again,forgive me if its been asked or mentioned before , but the library book ..with the handwriting.If it went down as we were told , did it occur to anyone that is where Duane got his info to spin his tale ?

The handwriting was not looked at by experts, but certain individuals on this thread did an excellent job of it...and from what they found - it appears the handwriting may not have been that of Weber. Duane was spinning a tale from 1978 to his death - hardly!

The only book I ever saw Duane read was NorJack...while we were in Virginia....and that tattered book about smokejumping he brought home - the one with the picture of him in it.

Again I had to post to correct you guys so you don't perpetuate more myths.

The handwriting was not looked at by experts, but certain individuals on this thread did an excellent job of it...and from what they found - it appears the handwriting may not have been that of Weber. Duane was spinning a tale from 1978 to his death - hardly!

The only book I ever saw Duane read was NorJack...while we were in Virginia....and that tattered book about smokejumping he brought home - the one with the picture of him in it.

If it's a myth it is one of your creations , it was you saying it was Duanes handwriting , thank you for the correction. So Duane didnt read it .... but you did ? After alll you did check it out the library ?

They surely had to have took that plane apart looking just in case...one would hope.
In saying that the 2 air force jets following flight 350 both were equiped with radar and seen nothing coming out of that plane.
Im with you JohnnyRingo..how can we be so sure there was a jumper ...sure would explain a lot of things if there wasnt.

Who knows what else was going on in her personal life and what effect the incident had on that. One day this whole mess happened out of the blue, and I am sure was very frightening and stressful. But maybe her reaction hasn't been so much to do with the actual incident, disturbing as it must have been, but the ongoing un-asked-for and incurable condition of being associated with it.

Not everyone would want that kind of attention, to be known for and defined as a person primarily by something like that, something completely out of one's control. Wanting to block things out, and hiding out somewhere could understandably be way to deal with something like that.

G_Jone I like your answer and that is the best answer anyone has ever given that might explain TM.

Since Grey made her location known we know first hand she has experience an unwelcomed invasion of her privacy. Certain perpetrators went far beyond trying to get at her in interviews - they took pictures of her. Some even lay claim to actually having obtained interviews.

One told me he used a pretense to get to see her and did not identify himself. Now he is saying he did talk to her about the crime....so which did he do? Did he lie to me the first time or where there 2 interviews.

Isnt that book mentioned there , the only book you ever seen Duane read , isnt that the be all and end all of DB Cooper books ?

In 1990 while he was living in the travel trailer at the shop to allow him to adjust to the kidney machine I saw this same book in the trailer....therefore I though it might he his handwrinting . Ann his helper was positive the writing in the book was Duanes'.
Without a handwriting expert it doesn't matter.

I know when I write with a pencil my letters and strokes change. With a pen they look very different.

It would be fair to say on the strength of that book and possibly any earlier ones unknown about to yourself , he would be extremely learned on DB Cooper and flight 305.
I believe Duane was married 5 times ? It isnt unreasonable to think he may have read earlier books if there were any,it seemed of interest to him.

Entirely plausible. One thing, however, neither Tina or any member of her friends and family have ever told me that Tina has been silent because she was sick and tired of talking about the skyjacking.

Rather, what I hear is a mantra along the lines of - "Leave it in the past."

That said, some individuals complain about the stream of phone calls to themselves, but I have not heard anyone say that Tina has been overwhelmed by pesky media types, and I would consider myself to be on the short list of these guys.

At least that is my impression.

Jo doesn't come right out and ask, but I believe she wants to know the meaning behind the 'codes':

Bear in mind I have NO idea what a LEO is.

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer

ExBlue says:

As an FNG here

An FNG is a F'n New Guy ;) lol[/;)]

IMO = In My Opinion

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

In addition, welcome to the forum ExBlue.

ExBlue = Is a clever forum name for a retired LEO. It means he wore a BLUE uniform. BTW ExBlue....real cops wear BROWN. Welcome to the forum Brother and thank you for your service.

Note to JO to stop any aha moments: ExBlue is NOT my biological BROTHER.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs