Jumperintheair

Pelicanland-Ridgely MD??

See the thing is that 3331 has never met me and has far as I know has not been to Ridgely since I operated there. Yet he uses the some very choice words,such as, sleazy, scum, ect to describe an operation he has never even seen. and then accuses us of using 800-skyride, all while pointing everyone in the direction of Delmarva... We don't accept skyride, while Delmarva does! His post is totally off base, and has ZERO factual info, but yet I'm the bad guy for calling him out??? Really??
Yes I still hold the lease at Ridgely, but have a second location 30 miles from downtown Baltimore that has proven to be much busier. We usually jump at RJD a few times a month....
as far as hurting my operation, we don't allow fun jumpers, so offending a few "keyboard" fun jumpers really ain't gonna effect the fact that I have 200 tandems on the books for this week, just like last week, and the week before and the week before that. hows that for a ripoff guys??? ;)

...but yet I'm the bad guy for calling him out??? Really??

Wow! You must be having a really bad because of all the rain. Bad guy? I don't know about that. Anger issues? Maybe.

I've been kicking around the parachuting business for a very long time. I've been a DZO of three separate locations. I flew at Pelicanland for a few years in the mid-1970s.

I write the above simply to give you background on my experience. Can I characterize your comments as being from a "bad guy", no I can't. But I can offer my opinion that I think you are doing yourself no favors at all by using words and having an attitude like you express in your response to 3331.

I've been involved with jumping at all levels for a very long time. I think that gives me the experience to write that you are creating what I would consider a piss-poor public image... and a HUGE disservice to your operation.

My comments are simply to point that you have what I consider very poor public relations skills. And to mention that my daughter...who can't wait to jump...will not be jumping at your operation, no matter what your price, because you have such a terribly piss-poor attitude.

Your response makes you seem to have a problem with anger. I'd rather not have to deal with someone like yourself, with that attitude, when my daughter's safety is in your hands.

Your attitude also leads me to think why you are running a strictly tandem operation: Experienced jumpers wouldn't put up with an attitude like yours. I sure would not.

My guess is you won't take kindly to my comments when all I'm attempting to do is ask, "Do you think your attitude is going to be conducive to building a business?"

Maybe you can factor in the comments made by some experienced jumpers up thread...and learn something.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

I don't disagree with any thing you just posted. That being said, if someone who has never met me or seen my operation uses words like "scum, sleazy", ect to describe it, I feel i have a right to defend (especially when most of the things he posted are totally incorrect).
I've never met you, but if I started ranting calling you an unsafe pilot, and a sleazy DZO, and accused you of dealing in a shady organizational (which you really don't deal with) i think you might react similarly....just sayin ;)

i think you might react similarly....just sayin ;)

You present a good argument with what you have written, I readily admit.

Never the less, I wasn't commenting on 3331's comments as a jumper, who I know from my years at Pelicanland, I was commenting on your attitude as a DZO/Employee of a DZO. I think your attitude is counter productive to running a successful business...DZ or anything else dealing with people.

Look up thread at Quade's and Tink's comments. Tink said it much, much better than all my words do: "Lance, WTF??? "

Your comments to 3331 about spelling errors indicates to me you are not getting it.

Let me be bfrief: All the "hahaha" in world won't change how the world is seeing you.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

The funny part is your missing the big picture....

i think it's spelled "you're" hahahahhaahahahaha ;):D

Good job, Falco!

What makes this whole thing funnier is that "bfrief" is obviously a simple typo; "you're"/"your" is simply ignorance.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

What makes this whole thing funnier is that "bfrief" is obviously a simple typo; "you're"/"your" is simply ignorance.

Incorrect Guru, its called a grammatical error. Ignorance would be defending some one who basics there statement on ZERO factual information and can lend nothing more to the discussion than their "personal opinion"....sound familiar ? ;)B|

Incorrect Guru, it's* called a grammatical error. Ignorance would be defending some one who bases* their* statement on ZERO factual information and can lend nothing more to the discussion than their "personal opinion"....sound familiar ? ;)B|

I just went ahead and corrected that for you. :)

Pelican Skydivers reunion today at:

http://www.hemingwaysbaybridge.com/

It's a real classy place. $50.00 a plate keeps out the rif raf.

Hi Triple3+1

$50 a plate:o Does that include the food?

Thats $120 a couple for the meal if you only drink water.[:/]

I'm sure all the people with the right stuff will be attending and have a great time showing off their fancy cars , rolex's and young wives or boy friends.

I'd prefer to hang with the Rif Raf at a dive, we're a lot more fun..

FWIW I never jumped at pelicanland.

If you get a chance post some pics of the turn out.:ph34r:

R.

FWIW I never jumped at pelicanland.

If you get a chance post some pics of the turn out.:ph34r:

I flew, jumped and loved Pelicanland. Some of the best days of my life where there. WONDERFUL people.

I made the BIG reunion but missed yesterday because of family obligations. POST PICS!!!
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Hi 3331

Nice turn out and lots of happy faces.

Thanks for the pic.

We tried to set up a reunion for the folks that jumped at Fulton Mo. for a 40th reunion last yr.

No Joy the Dr's wanted to have a reunion in missouri in July or August so they could fly their airplanes into the local airport on the way to a charity golf game or medical seminar. :ph34r:

Don't know if it ever happened a lot of us were to busy.

R.

The Village of West Point Virginia sold their airport for $500,000 to the evil airport authority. I always thought they were selling short.

And there's a lot more going on around West Point VA then Ridgely MD.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

The name "Pelicanland". Mike Schultz was asked about this "he would know" and I will paraphrase what he said as i recall it. There was a group of jumpers jumping in various spots in Va and Md in the 1960s. They happened on the land which became "Pelicanland" and apparently it was for sale. A jump pilot and a few other investors decided to form a corporation among themselves for the purpose of buying this land. They incorporated under the name of the "Pelican Land Corporation". After the sale went through, it just naturally became "Pelicanland". Google "Pelican Skydivers" and you will get a lot of pictures taken at Pelicanland throughout the ages.

From an email I received recently, in case anyone is interested...

Last weekend, a few Herd folks and a few Pelicans got together at Delmarva and put together some fun skydives. Worked out so well that we're hoping to do it again on Saturday, October 6 and 7, weather permitting. We generally cook out on Saturday night, so bring whatever you feel like grilling and a dish to pass, and, of course, your favorite beverages. There are some very welcome folks who don't jump anymore, but show up to enjoy the party - so even if you don't feel like making the leap - show up!

Scott - will you pass along to the Pelican list (and send me the folks who have given permission to be added to the List so I can add all the Pelicans to our every-growing database?).

We'll probably do this "combined effort" on a monthly basis until it's too cold to jump. Thanks, folks! See you then!
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.