LuckyMcSwervy

2010 Puerto Rico Boogie

Teasing will only make it worse!

No one will know who I am anyway. ;)

All they gotta do is get a girl to say "Any ladies wanna go for a mani/pedi?" ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

20 Days left for thoes arriving on Wednesday the 10th!!! WoOT WoOt!

I think its official... Im getting my 100th in the boogie!

Me too!!

Wingsuit rodeo it!
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

No one will know who I am anyway. ;)

All they gotta do is get a girl to say "Any ladies wanna go for a mani/pedi?" ;)

:) My weakness....

Well... you coming down???

Can't swing both Belize and PR.

Well... you coming down???

Can't swing both Belize and PR.

I hear ya... One day I'll make it to Belize. B|

You're the rockstart jetsetter, you could swing both next year. Maybe a week in Jamaica inbetween. :P

Hi Devarona.

Saw your thread here and thought, here a person who can help me with some answers. I´m arriving from Sweden (through LA) to Pureto Rico the 9th of February to visit the boogie for the first time. I´ve never been to PR before so I´m thankful for every pointers I can get. I was planning to camp at the dropzone to save some money, is that a good idea or is there a hostel or hotel nearby that you can rent for good money?? (I want to be able to lock in my gear at night, is there a good place at the DZ?) Also, transportation from the airpoort to the DZ, whats the easiest way? Can you cook your own food at the DZ or is there a good place to buy your meals? And of course a big question, where will all the parties be held ;-) All at the DZ ??

I´m very thankful for every help I can get!!

Really looking forward to the boogie, looks like crazy fun!!

Peace // David B|

To: LuckyMcSwervy

You can sign me up on the list ;). I´ll be arriving on the 9th, from Sweden. You seem to know your way around in PR DZ. Any pointers for a first time visitor to the island and the DZ? Wrote a thread to Devarona for some answers (see the latest), but you can´t get to many skydiving friends ;) , thankful for any help I can get.

// David

Hey David...you didn't asked me, but I can help.
Are you coming alone?
The DZ is about 30min drive west from San Juan and you will need a rental car. Camping is allowed on the DZ and that's what some of us are doing. There's gonna be food vendors at the boogie and there's plenty of other places to eat close by. The parties I'm not sure about this year, I guess some will be at the DZ and others at some place close.
For locking up your gear, you can use your car or your tent, there will be security.

If you are coming alone, and depending on what time you arrive on the 9th, MAYBE I can help with the transportation and you can use the rental car $$$ for more jumps. I'm leaving San Juan early afternoon on the 9th, I guess at around 3-4pm.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

Yeah, I´m coming alone. If you could help me with transportation it would be great! I rather skydive than drive you know ;-) I arrive at San Juan airport at 1 pm so maybe that could work perfectly! Let me know about that!
So there is some people camping anyway, cool. I checked around and the cheapest hotel I found was like 100 a night, a lot of money. Do you know the camping fee??

Br // David

Can I just 5 DAYS 'til I get into San Juan!!!! B|B|B|

That is all.... as you were. :P

ETA: There's no way I'll get my 100th at the boogie. The weather in Z-Hills last weekend and me cancelling my Sebastian trip due to the weather forecast this weekend has thrown a monkey wrench into my 100th plans. There's no way I can get 20 jumps in at the boogie. :(

Always be kinder than you feel.

There's no way I can get 20 jumps in at the boogie.

Hmmm...Fitzgerald is next month. I'm sure we could help you "celebrate" there. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

ETA: There's no way I'll get my 100th at the boogie. The weather in Z-Hills last weekend and me cancelling my Sebastian trip due to the weather forecast this weekend has thrown a monkey wrench into my 100th plans. There's no way I can get 20 jumps in at the boogie. :(

why do you think you can't get 20?
you're going to be there for the entire duration of the event, correct?
last year I got over 20 jumps in and that's with being lazy, without jumping the first day cause it was windy, and then slow calls on the weekend cause 2 aircraft were not enough anymore (and we had a big group so it was harder to manifest)... and still got to jump a lot. I'm sure you can get 20 jumps in, no problem. Going for high altitude loads in the morning helps... cause they determine you to wake up early even after all that partying.
5 jumps a day for 4 days is easily doable. Even 6 a day is not pushing it that bad when there's lots of load organizers to keep you going.
I say go for it!