LuckyMcSwervy

2010 Puerto Rico Boogie

just called the guy and made a reservation.
thanks man

the location is pretty simple:
search in google maps for:
Pr-697, Puerto Rico

the inn is on that small street

Also, the new location of the boogie is listed on google maps, search for:
"xtremedivers" without the space in between or search for:
"skydiving, puerto rico" and youll get the exact spot the boogie will be at!

After the initial shock to my total control freak self with my planning for this trip, I see the many, many positives.

It's going to be a great time!!

* We're still going to the boogie!
* We're still going to be warm and not in NJ freezing our asses off!
* We're still going to be seeing old friends and making new friends along the way.
* We'll be seeing new areas of Puerto Rico that we may not have encountered until this change. Lots of new restaurants to check out and locals to meet.
* I have much appreciation and respect for the work that goes into organizing this event. I work for the government so I understand what a hassle it can be. ;)

I'm really glad that the boogie is still a go and I really hope we can all make the best of the changes and still skydive, party and make lots of fun 2010 memories!!

~Karen

PS - 22 days 'til San Juan/Arecibo/Vega Baja/Vieques/Rincon B|

Always be kinder than you feel.

After the initial shock to my total control freak self with my planning for this trip, I see the many, many positives.

It's going to be a great time!!

* We're still going to the boogie!
* We're still going to be warm and not in NJ freezing our asses off!
* We're still going to be seeing old friends and making new friends along the way.
* We'll be seeing new areas of Puerto Rico that we may not have encountered until this change. Lots of new restaurants to check out and locals to meet.
* I have much appreciation and respect for the work that goes into organizing this event. I work for the government so I understand what a hassle it can be. ;)

I'm really glad that the boogie is still a go and I really hope we can all make the best of the changes and still skydive, party and make lots of fun 2010 memories!!

~Karen

PS - 22 days 'til San Juan/Arecibo/Vega Baja/Vieques/Rincon B|

what days are you guys going to vieques? i think im heading there after the boogie...

I know people who are booked there and are staying put. It's a little bit of a drive to the airport in Vega Baja
but I wouldn't change locations.

My line of thinking is why hurt the Arecibo merchants so close to the date of the event? I bet they were
counting on us spending our money there as much as we were counting on being in Arecibo again this year.

If there's a possibility the boogie could be back in Arecibo next year I certainly wouldn't want to burn any
bridges with the hotel people or landlords and not have them rent to us next year for fear of the same
situation...

Just my two cents. :)

Hi, I need advice.

We reserve at Hotel villa Real in Arecibo. Is ok to stay there for the boogie, or it is recommanded to move near de DZ?
Is somebody in the same situation as me?

Thanks
Francois

I recommend that you stay in villa real! its a nice hotel and their used to crazy people like us on their hotel! Arecibo is less than 30 minutes from the new location and the only close spot to the new DZ is some small inn which is full. Other than that, youve got the Hyatt or the embassy and their all expensive. Arecibo is lots of fun so I really recommend you to stay put!

If you're looking for lodging and would be interested in a 3BR condo, this one in Dorado looks pretty good from reviews and I was quoted a price of $700 for 5 nights:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p130997

Unfortunately, I've already booked a place.

Mike

So? Camping will be allowed?

Yes, camping WILL be allowed.

Also, I checked with the Hyatt.
I got a rate for $165.00 a night with continental breakfast included, free water and soda, free parking and no hidden fees.
There are 20 rooms available. I will post the contact info soon cause the manager of the hotel asked for a meeting before giving this rate out. It was 220 a night and she lowered the rate to $165.00.
This is one of the nicest hotels around the Dorado area, if not, the second best in Dorado. The best being the embassy suites.

Let me know if anyone is interested, send me a PM.

I got a rate for $165.00 a night with continental breakfast included, free water and soda, free parking and no hidden fees.
There are 20 rooms available. I will post the contact info soon cause the manager of the hotel asked for a meeting before giving this rate out. It was 220 a night and she lowered the rate to $165.00.
This is one of the nicest hotels around the Dorado area, if not, the second best in Dorado. The best being the embassy suites.

I got a studio room at the Hyatt for avg $153 per night at the normal web rate. It has one bed and one fold out sofa bed.

Still a little more than I'd like to spend, but at least it was easy to do. I called several of the numbers in this thread and got no reply and at one of them somebody kept picking up the phone and not saying anything. At least the Hyatt is easy to deal with, even if it is a class up from my usual accommodations.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I got a studio room at the Hyatt for avg $153 per night at the normal web rate. It has one bed and one fold out sofa bed.

Still a little more than I'd like to spend, but at least it was easy to do. I called several of the numbers in this thread and got no reply and at one of them somebody kept picking up the phone and not saying anything. At least the Hyatt is easy to deal with, even if it is a class up from my usual accommodations.

I would say its 50 classes up from our accomodations last year-- and now you're at the Hyatt when I'm not going!! WTF?? I see how it is.... :P
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Hi. I am working with the Embassy Suits to get a discounted rate lower than $155 so as soon as I get it (tomorrow) I will post more information.

Fpr more areas, goggle towns of Dorado, Vega Baja and Manati. These are close by to the DZ. We are working on posting the directions soon. The welcoming party is being moved to Dorado (next town of Vega Baja at the Corozo Sports Bar and Grill.

Additionally, we would like to know how many people are interesting camping at the dz. We need to build some showers and would like to leave enough space for camping or not so much if not many people are thinking on doing it. Please send me an email if you are seriously considering in camping at the dz at [email protected]

Thank you for your continual support! :)Blue Skies!

I had heard the beach house is the way to go! How exactly do you find those? Planning on being there too.

There's so many more websites than the one Efrain mentioned. Google results for "Puerto Rico Vacation Rentals" are below:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Puerto+Rico+Vacation+Rentals&rlz=1R2GGIE_enUS334&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

I would search for rentals on the northern coast, using the towns Viviana mentioned in the post a couple above me. I would
also go as far west along the northern coast as Hatillo if you have a rental car... but that's just me.

Good luck!! B|