point_code

Deland or Space Center?

Even though this is going to come back to haunt me, I have to say that I agree with Mike. Also, I believe you need a C license to jump in Titusville now.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I made my first (and thus far, only) jump at Space Center. The people there were so friendly - Jean, Terry, and Jeff really made me feel welcome and at ease. The views from altitude are worth a million bucks - you can very clearly see all of KSC. They also have lift tickets for 18000 AGL for a few extra bucks. I'm planning to head there for AFF in spring - even though it is 5 hours away and I'm 20 minutes from a DZ in Tallahassee.

From what I read in Skymama's reply, you may want to call about the license req's though.

with regards to deland it depends on the time of year, Ive gone there and waited an hour or more to get on a load during some months. But this time of year, when the teams arrive to train. Yea, I have to agree, Deland cranks loads. However, if you meet titusville's required jump numbers they do have a great view. If you don't have the jump numbers to jump in titusville, and your going to be in Fl over the weekend I would say sebastian. Great people, busy on the weekends and kick ass view.

Really? do you have to have a C lincense in Titusville? I looked in their website there is no mention of it.
It will be good to know for sure before I go there next week, me and my girlfriend who does NOT have a C license were going to different DZ's spending a couple days in Deland then stoping by titusville on our way back. I guess I'll give them a call, change of plans, to drive there to jump and no been able to will reallly piss her off. Oh well more time in Deland I guess
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Really? do you have to have a C lincense in Titusville? I looked in their website there is no mention of it.

I read it on the internet. It must be true. :P

I haven't called them myself, but I do know someone who called and was told that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Last I checked titusville does require a C license. We explored that as an option last year when we were down there. We ended up in z-hills and in deland. both were great for different reasons. have a great trip!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I called Titusville to confirm if they required a "C" license because my daughter who has a "B" license and around 140 jumps wanted to go. I was told that even if she came with an instructor that she might not be able to jump. That part seemed strange since they still do AFF training there but their DZ their rules. They said they wouldn't make the decision until she arrived and I'm guessing that she would have been allowed to jump; however it wasn't assured and she didn't want the hassle. She ended up going to Sebastian, Deland, and Z-hills and had a great time.

I have jumped at Titusville three times and FWIW I have always had a better time at the other DZs in the area. The view was great but the vibe was not the best. Of couse when I start hearing positive things about the attitudes at Titusville I will return and reassess my opinion.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

The last time I jumped at Titusville (around June) you had to have a C license unless you did your AFF there. They are pretty much a tandem operation that allows some fun jumpers on the plane to fill it.

I could jump at any of the five DZs but I prefer to drive the hour and half to Z-Hills.B|

Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

Deland, Sebasian, Zhills - alot of jums

Space center - importance tandems, not you ;), but of course, if you're lucky, you get someB|

I love how people always talk about how Space Center isn't about the fun jumpers, and then list deLand as a DZ who is.

I love Space Center, but yes, it is a C License DZ, so you will need to call first if you are not. Not everyone there is un-friendly. There are a lot of fun jumpers there who are very friendly. You get more altitude there than any other DZ, and in the fastest time to altitude as well!
If you have any doubts, or are not a C, I would then recommend going a little more south down 95, and stop at Sebastian.

Even though this is Florida, you will need to call any DZ you may want to jump at if you want to do weekday jumps.
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

I'm heading to Orlando for next week. I will definitely be hitting Deland as I've already called and confirmed that I can jump with my CSPA Solo. I'll have a total of 3 days to jump my ass off and go see things. Any other details of DZ's or places to go / people to meet while I'm there?

-Michael

It's thier business and they can run it like they want. They've pretty much got the same attitude at thier operation in Jacksonville. They're not fun jumper friendly and don't reat thier instructors very well either. A few years ago, they had booked more students than the available instructors could handle, myself and another instructor agreed to come down (from Jacksonville) to help them out. Anyway, we briefed the students, geared them up, and rode the plane to altitude only to have the weather move in for the day. On our way back to Jax manifest called and said they wanted thier $25 back! I understand that intructors don't generally get paid for busted loads, but we were doing them a favor and basically spent 4 hrs driving for squat. I could give a shit less about the money, I don't count on skydiving for income, it's the principal. Jump somewhere else, that's what I do.
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Try Z-hills...... lots of people to jump with of all diffferent diciplines. The atmosphere at that place is awesome. It's also your best shot of having a group to jump with if you're a newer jumper.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)