tiggershunny

SkyDance American Boogie 2007!!!

Can you believe it's the 20th Anniversary of the American Boogie? That's quite an amazing run!

With a sweet fleet of planes, Roger Ponce and Kaleidoscope organizing RW, and with Guano and Groovalicious doing freefly organizing I don't question we're in for some amazing jumps. Hell I might even throw together a couple high risk no brain jumps myself.

One of the things I loved about my past few years at this boogie has been the crazy stuff that goes down when the props stop turning for the day.

I'm sure the "Film Fest" will be a hit. Plus, let's face it just add beer to skydivers and you're pretty much guaranteed a good time. But I'm wondering what else we can do as a group to help the 20th Anniversary be one for the books?

In the past we had folks like Mike Mitchell and Bob Ash put big things together to keep us entertained. But that torch has been passed.

Personally I'm short on ideas outside of bringing back favorites such as the "Wheel of Carnage". And how can you call an event The American Boogie without apple pie :P. If anyone else has any good ideas I'd love to help.

:ph34r:Yeah I think that kinda evolved or devolved (depending on how you want to look at it).

So I was thinking. How hard would it be to set up a ring for Jello / Pudding wrestling. I'm thinking an oversized kiddie pool would be the easy part but how would you get that sucker filled?
---Editted to add---
I love it when I answer my own questions!
This is quick cheap and easy just like some of my favorite people in the world.

If I remember correctly a few years back, Apple Pie body shots were happening. But I might be mistaken.:)

OMG! I didn't get one last year! Thanks for reminding me!

Corrie better be there this year to dispense (or someone else equally qualified).

I'm sure the "Film Fest" will be a hit. Plus, let's face it just add beer to skydivers and you're pretty much guaranteed a good time. But I'm wondering what else we can do as a group to help the 20th Anniversary be one for the books?

Is this a true film fest? or a plug in your camera and see what stupid stuff you and your friends did throughout the day / weekend? Either one would be cool though..

Iwan

Dunno, just going off of what the website said.

Historically they've done a dailies type collection of video that was submitted over the course of the boogie. Followed by whatever masterpieces the boogie participants have compiled over the year. And yeah after that comes the "stupid stuff" ;).

I think it'd be a bit unrealistic to expect anything like the Flyboys Film Festival. I doubt there will be any judging and such. But I'm sure we'll be seeing some good stuff by Groovalicious and perhaps even an oversized diva.:o

Can you believe it's the 20th Anniversary of the American Boogie? That's quite an amazing run!

It's not the American Boogies 20th Anniversary... Mike Mitchel started it about 99 or 2000.
The 20th is Skydance's Anniversary. When Ray and DOB left jumping at Lodi.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

It's done. We've got approval to have jello wrestling on Saturday night of the boogie. Ray made me promise that everyone would be of age. Luckily, I believe there is no age limit to wrestle in jello. Oh yeah and he told me he didn't want to see naked Tall Guy. But he didn't say anything about the rest of you.

Thanks to some assistance from McBeth and pfraser we've got enough wrestling jello mix to make 100 gallons on the way.

It'd be great if someone could bring some portable lighting and maybe some real Jell-o shots?:P to get everyone socially lubricated. And of course we need volunteers to wrestle. We might even line up some prizes. My personal preference is of coarse for a bit of girl on girl action to get the ball rollin.:ph34r:

Bring your swimsuits even if you don't PLAN to participate "Beware the splash zone!". Don't worry this stuff doesn't stain and we'll be setting up near the showers so you can get clean in a jiffy.

Bump. Two more sleeps. I'll be there Friday afternoon through Sunday night and ready for some night skydives and boogie fun.

Tall Guy, I think we'd all prefer girl on girl action, but I'm sure some guys will wind up in the Jello. Maybe you could start a collection and get a few jump tickets to the female champions, to encourage participation. Set up a tournament bracket with audience judging, that way it's more about the entertainment factor instead of the actual wrestling ability.

I've been actively recruiting and we already have a few female volunteers. So we're off to a good start

The bracket idea is a good one.

To collect prize donations perhaps we can charge for the opportunity for any guy to take on two or three of the ladies at once.

I think judging should be left in the hands of an individual that can accurately judge amateur wrestling and be fair. I'm worried that letting the audience judge might cause it to be more of a popularity / swimsuit or lack thereof competition. We need to treat our friends better than that.

Also, still need someone to step up and offer to make jello shots. Let me know if money is the issue and I should be able to help out.

Jello Shots are made, truck loaded, See you all out there

Sweet! monkycndo made another 100 to add to yours. And chopchop was nice enough to provide us with some padding to put under the ring. Still no lighting as of yet but maybe enough folks will be wearing head lamps.

Should be a great one. Weather forecast looks fantastic!!!

I'll be there tomorrow morning, so....

brianfly173
diablopilot
Elisha
Feeblemind
flygirl1
Fozz
jacketsdb23
johnsw71
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
siddacious
TallGuy
vdschoor
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.