efs4ever

WFFC Alternative

You forgot, Richmond The Boogie, so I had to vote sumping else. The DZO posted this a few days ago.

Richmond "THE" Boogie 2007
August 31 - September 3
Established 1972
Second only to WFFC

We host some of the worlds finest organizers for Freefly & RW and ensure the perfect amount of lift capacity provided by Mike Mullins Super King Air, Skydive Chicago, Chicagoland Skydiving, and Aire Express.

Join us to revisit good times, see old friends and make new!

Click below to register!

http://gallery.bcentral.com/...mond-THE-Boogie.aspx

** A high number of pre-registrants may increase the date range to August 29 to September 3.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

OK, so WFFC is toast this year. If that was your only boogie plan what's the alternative?

My prediction is that most people will not go to another boogie unless it is close, and the numbers will not be large.

Sure, people south and southwest may go to SkyFest, people in the Chicago area may go to SummerFest, people in the mideast may go to Richmond-The Boogie, people in the east may go to a Ranch or Cross Keys event, people in the northwest may go to Lost Prairie, people in the west may go to Perris Valley to jump the jet if they have never done so, but...

Not in huge numbers. Mainly people will stick close to home (since many of their local DZ's have turbine aircraft anyway.) It has already started, DZ's are planning "local" boogies around that time.

What are gas prices going to be this summer? (rhetorical question)

OK, so WFFC is toast this year. If that was your only boogie plan what's the alternative?

My prediction is that most people will not go to another boogie unless it is close, and the numbers will not be large.

Sure, people south and southwest may go to SkyFest, people in the Chicago area may go to SummerFest, people in the mideast may go to Richmond-The Boogie, people in the east may go to a Ranch or Cross Keys event, people in the northwest may go to Lost Prairie, people in the west may go to Perris Valley to jump the jet if they have never done so, but...

Not in huge numbers. Mainly people will stick close to home (since many of their local DZ's have turbine aircraft anyway.) It has already started, DZ's are planning "local" boogies around that time.

My personal preference is that I have to DRIVE my ass off to get to a boogie to make it worthwhile. :S

That's why I do Eloy most years at 1100 one way.

Couch Freaks is another "easy" drive for me.

I want to do Lost Prairie, but my SO can't get off during that time. [:/] That one is pretty tough at 1600 one way.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Rus..............we need to talk............how many SF have you been to? No need to answer.....I have the 6 years of records........

BTW I turn 40 this year!!!!!! Lets see you have pictures of me when I was? what 6!!!!

If you want me to stop telling stories about those times, I suggest you commit to SF 7 this year.

Besides, how cool would it be for you to attend one of the largest events in the country built from the memory of a man you loved and created by his kids. Especially since we used to pack for you for.....like almost nothing..... like $.50!!;):)

see you there...hell even Condo showed up last year!

If sumping else, tell us.

Well, for us (The Locals), the alternative will be a nice small boogie with a PAC 750XL to celebrate the marriage of the DZO's of our brand new DZ (PRIVATE air strip!) that is just 4.5 miles from Rantoul (Flatville, IL)! B| The WFFC may be toast for this year, but we are still going to be jumping from a turbine within sight of Rantoul this summer. :P It's the Flatville FreeFall Convention (FFFC), August 10,11,12, 2007! :P

We only need a couple dozen jumpers to get the plane doing loads for a few days before and after this weekend!B|

Hey Gary! There is a brand new DZ in your region!! John and Lianne (the DZO's) are getting married! You're invited! :-D Bring your friends too. We're close to your home.

B|

Well, for us (The Locals), the alternative will be a nice small boogie with a PAC 750XL to celebrate the marriage of the DZO's of our brand new DZ (PRIVATE air strip!) that is just 4.5 miles from Rantoul (Flatville, IL)! B| The WFFC may be toast for this year, but we are still going to be jumping from a turbine within sight of Rantoul this summer. :P It's the Flatville FreeFall Convention (FFFC), August 10,11,12, 2007! :P

We only need a couple dozen jumpers to get the plane doing loads for a few days before and after this weekend!B|

Or you can drive 90 miles north and go to Summerfest.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll be there.

Then you can follow me home and jump with us! :-D

we're going to host the August Boogie at Z-Hils. BLACK jumpsuits are mandatory. Everyone must be fully geared up on the 20 minute call or you can't get on the plane.

Jumping starts every day at 11am, just in time for the lightning and thunderstorms. Tent camping only. We are taking down all the shade areas just in case the storms damage them.

Of course we will have a huge supply of tepid water to drink - Stay Hydrated!!

TK

we're going to host the August Boogie at Z-Hils. BLACK jumpsuits are mandatory. Everyone must be fully geared up on the 20 minute call or you can't get on the plane.

Jumping starts every day at 11am, just in time for the lightning and thunderstorms. Tent camping only. We are taking down all the shade areas just in case the storms damage them.

Of course we will have a huge supply of tepid water to drink - Stay Hydrated!!

TK

Well, we called that Raintoul last year!
Hey can pay $50 regis.
Oh wait SF7 hasnt happened yet, dont want to put a jinx on Swampfest 05:S

Thats funny
J

Summerfest, Summerfest, Summerfest!!!

That's where Team Dirty Sanchez is heading to this year. We're even going to be throwing a party on Thursday, Aug 2nd there!

I think the Hellfish will e moving their amazing, world renowned Toga party over there as well.

More information to come.
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

I have to agree with you Gary. I am interested to see where the people go. I am sure each of the "major" events will feel some influx. The term "major" is not to take away from any boogie, in my opinion they are all unique, some more than others, but all special.

Some might even feel a loss depending on their timing and demographics.

If we go by the numbers produced in the last six years for the WFFC, there would only be about 450 people to actually spread around. So split that up between the other 5 major ones and thats 90 folks. Then take the ones that stay home. So my guess is that the majors will see an additional 35 people.
Then again, July or August could "produce" the next preferred event in the country based on attendance. Looking forward to analyzing the results.

Where ever one decides, please know your limits, scope the area, learn the routine. Especially those first timers, kick back, watch a few hours of loads, maybe get to the event the first day and jump when not so busy. (assuming the event starts midweek) or not. I think most would agree that "awareness" is the biggest life saver in skydiving.

Nervous, yet motivated to reach new heights.

Have a great summer
J

BTW
Thank you all for your future and continued support.
I am very honored to be in the ranks of these other events. The history alone with most of them is impressive and that makes it worth it.

Well, since we won't be doing WFFC, Streaker and I are planning on attending these boogies, (either together, or alone or with someone(s) else. WHATEVER)

this weekend, the 50th Anniversary boogie in Greenville Mo, by St. Louis (happy Cinco d' Mayo!)

The Rodriguez bros reunion (where we hope to drag a few orphans along)

Jay has graciously invited me to be a part of Skyfest, and I'm hoping to take him up on it

Summerfest, where I hope to pour a Margarita or two with Bubba and some other Hellfish

John and Liannes FFC boogie and wedding jamboree
so that we can see the skies over Rantoul with them!

Couch Freaks to see if we can find Steves helmet and camera in the field

So that's the summer line up so far, there may be something happening in Wisconsin, and heck, who knows maybe something creative in Illinois a little later.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Well, since we won't be doing WFFC, Streaker and I are planning on attending these boogies, (either together, or alone or with someone(s) else. WHATEVER)
this weekend, the 50th Anniversary boogie in Greenville Mo, by St. Louis (happy Cinco d' Mayo!)

WooHoo!! And what a great time that was! It was great to see you Saturday ... it's too bad I had to head for Fort Worth the next morning [:/] Anyway, Debbie and I are in Fort Worth now (my mom is doing GREAT). I'm planning on heading down to Granbury tomorrow morning and do some jumps ... it's been raining like crazy here, so I hope the Granbury airport isn't underwater:P

John and Liannes FFC boogie and wedding jamboree
so that we can see the skies over Rantoul with them!

Indeed! It's soooo cool that you're planning to join us at the Flatville Freefall ConventionB| and wedding jamboree;)

Debbie and I are planning to attend Summerfest too this year, so we'll get to party with you guys the week before (Debbie LUVs Margarooties).

In case anyone is wondering why we keep saying that our new DZ is basically like jumping at Rantoul, attached is a picture I took recently in freefall directly above Illinois Skydiving CenterB|

In case anyone is wondering why we keep saying that our new DZ is basically like jumping at Rantoul, attached is a picture I took recently in freefall directly above Illinois Skydiving CenterB|

Hey Hector, it was great to see you and Debbie, too. It was fun hanging out with the Tall Slut and the Airboss as well.
Glad to hear that your mom is doing well. Have fun in Granbury (pond swooping anyone?)
Boy that picture is sure proof of how close you are to Rantoul. I can imagine right exactly where my RV should be sitting right about now...[:/]

I'll be seeing youse guyse soon. I gotta get down to Rantoul to do a little work on the site anyway, so I'll ocme to see you then!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]