Mostly_Harmless

SDLI CASA Boogie/Aug 9th-13th

Anyone coming? Relative Workshop, Performance designs, Sunpath and the Skydive store will all be there showing off there equipment. There is going to be helicopter and beach jumps. Should be a good time!!!!

http://www.skydivelongisland.com/casa_boogie.shtml

hmmm...I'll call now....Lauren said that there will be camping allowed thru sunday - (they have to get special permission, so that's why they don't have it all the time). ALSO - the casa gets here around 3:00/4:00 today!!! :) it's my first boogie..
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

On our way from PA, be there in a few hours. Looking forward to it, yes I will say it, it is our first time going to this DZ!
Actually the next few stops we do will be our first time, never been on the upper east coast.

Woohoo will add a few more DZ's to my list of 41 that I have jumped.

See yall soon!

Yea it was awesome to meet the PD, Sunpath, and RWS reps. The swoop and chug was soo much fun!!! It sucks the winds were so heavy in the morning of most of the days, but as always they calmed down at the end. It was also nice to meet a whole bunch of new people.

finally made out there today, the last day....made my 1st solo after AFF, dont worry SDLI the Beers are coming, lol!!!

The only thing was i didnt get to jump the CASA, the winds were alittle heavy and when i finally got up it was in the Caravan...but still fun!!!

Great time!

Made 10 including a heli between Fri and Sat.

Booze louge is whats up!

Thanks for the good times, i will definetly visit SDLI again. :)

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

Thanks for the great time Long Island!!! for those of you who missed it, your loss!!! the booze louge, PD swoop 'n'chug, tracking dives, intentional cutaways from RWS(and sunpath?) were just some of the highlights. Demo equiptment from PD, RWS, and Sunpath were plentiful, and the skydivestore.com was in the house as well . See you next time!!!

Albert Berchtold
Tour Rep
Performance Designs, Inc.
Watch out for planters.

I don't think that was lead during the RWS Skyhook demo, but it sure was funny. For people who don't know, Mark from RWS went up to do a Skyhook demo in the heli. Everyone was watching the first guy who jumped, a few seconds later he cut away. It wasn't until that jumper got down that we realized that person just had a REAL cutaway and that Mark was last out of the heli. So what what we thought was the skyhook was really just a regular RSL which deployed the reserve mighty fast. Needless to say no one saw the Skyhook since we thought the show was over.

Didn't Lead steal the show of one of the inentional cutaways with one of his own?

Glad you're ok dude!

Good to see ya man, we gotta get a jump in where some fool doesnt funnel the exit! :P

As for the chops, Lead's was on Casa load 1 on Sat. The other was from the heli and thats what happened, only i think it was a girl, demoing a javelin?

Either way as i was leaving Sunday around 5-6 they had another skyhook demo going up.

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

The other was from the heli and thats what happened, only i think it was a girl, demoing a javelin?

That was Jamie from SunPath. I think they were just trying to sabotage my demo. :P
I should have known better than to let them get in that chopper with me.

Great boogie. Great people. Glad to see Al from PD again and it was a great way to end my tour of the northeast with Jay and Art.

The booze louge was fun. The dueling banjo's guy was great. Nice military demo with the bundle system from the C130. Funny swoop and chug (don't you wish you knew ahead of time that the 2nd place finisher got a complete rig and Ourigan jumpsuit and first place got a pull-up cord and a T-shirt?), The second cutaway demo went well, except for the cutaway landing in a tree, and in the end, I left my camera helmet there while in a rush to get everything packed up and get out of there at a reasonable hour.

Great boogie,
Mark Klingelhoefer
Relative Workshop