RkyMtnHigh

Emerald Coast Beach Boogie - Memorial Day Weekend!!

If you cannot attend, your adoring friends and compatriots, and boogie organizers ask that you KEEP IT TO YOUR F*CKING SELF!! If you're concerned that no one will notice your absence, refrain from posting, and instead ask your primary care provider to refer you to a Therapist.

Subsection 3 Paragraph 2 :|

How quickly he forgets...

Hope you're knee's OK goober. Must be all that time ...sitting.... at a computer...?
And NO. I'm not wearing the thong, so everybody stop PMing me!>:(
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Does anyone have aerial pics of the dropzone and the beach landing area?

The DZ will have one of both. Hopefully, they will have a recent one of the beach. However last year they changed landing zones for a couple of different places on shore. so the aerial pic wasn't much use.

Not sure if Google earth would have a current pic.

Main thing to think about when doing beach jumps is Kites, buildings (turbulance from them also), Landing cross wind technique and with traffic, people on the ground moving and not expecting you, misc obstacles on the beach. The DZ manifest will be glad to give a brief when you get there.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

I don't understand all this talk about people on the beach not expecting you...

No Blades? No Noodles? No body out there yelling Da Plane! Da Plane! No sign saying, "Stand HERE to get your ass knocked off"? WTF?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't understand all this talk about people on the beach not expecting you...

No Blades? No Noodles? No body out there yelling Da Plane! Da Plane! No sign saying, "Stand HERE to get your ass knocked off"? WTF?

I'm serious no one knows you are coming. Except for people at the bar and an occasional person here and there that may notice. This is mainly if you need to land a little further down the beach than the actual intended landing area. But still, if someone has just shown up and has not seen a previous load landing or it is first load that day, expect for people ask if you came form a parasailing boat and ask some really wierd stuff or not even know at all until you touch down.

Edited to add. There is a wind sock

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

***expect for people ask if you came form a parasailing boat and ask some really wierd stuff or not even know at all until you touch down.

I like to tell them our spaceship caught on fire over the gulf and we had to jump out. Then I make that arabic/muslim sound with my tongue and they usually run away.:D

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Bolas it won't be the same without you Bro.[:/]:( Hope the knee gets better. I've got mine in a brace right now after it bent backwards. Nothing permenant just sore.
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***Does anyone have aerial pics of the dropzone and the beach landing area?

Aerial pics? We don't need no stink'n aerial pics! :D

Just kidding. We'e got some pics and someone usually points it out prior to the jump run.

It's pretty easy to see. The bar is located right in front of where the road gos from a two-lane to a four-lane and the gulf.

Look forward to seeing you and the Kitty.:)

"I like to tell them our spaceship caught on fire over the gulf and we had to jump out. Then I make that arabic/muslim sound with my tongue and they usually run away."

Bob, Please, Please, Please .... You and I have got to land on the beach together ... Between the two of us, some local is going to piss their pants ...:P:P:P

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

***You and I have got to land on the beach together ... Between the two of us, some local is going to piss their pants .

I can hook a sooty up!:P Already got you manifested Bro. :):ph34r:

I found out this weekend that the CO2 cartridges in the water gear are not like the ones you can buy at Wal-Mart.The ones in the water gear screw in.If anyone knows where to buy them please let me know.You might also check with the airlines about checking yours with the cartridge in it since everyone they have on board has the same thing in it.

I found out this weekend that the CO2 cartridges in the water gear are not like the ones you can buy at Wal-Mart.The ones in the water gear screw in.If anyone knows where to buy them please let me know.You might also check with the airlines about checking yours with the cartridge in it since everyone they have on board has the same thing in it.

Anyone flying should ask for a TSA supervisor when checking in for flight and explain to them what the gear is for. They will probably be ok with you checking it. Also at the gate to inpsect your rig and get through smoothly.

Attn Atlanta Peeps...

Who is driving down and when??
I am thinking about possibly going but either want to ride with someone or preferably take may Van but would need a couple people to split the gas.

Also.. where is everyone staying?? Is there Camping at the DZ or is everyone Hoteling it??

Attn Atlanta Peeps...

I am thinking about possibly going but either want to ride with someone or preferably take may Van but would need a couple people to split the gas.

Also.. where is everyone staying?? Is there Camping at the DZ or is everyone Hoteling it??

YAY J!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you again:)Many peeps just tent it. That's what I'm doing.

I left my cartridge at home rather than mess with trying to get it on board. I ordered an extra cartridge online from Bass Pro shops and had it sent to chaoskitty since she's driving and I'm flying. I don't know if there's actually a store around here, though. REI maybe?

Attn Atlanta Peeps...

Ooh, that's trouble. :P Since I'm a temporary ATL peep, I'll answer.... I'm flying down since I don't have to pay for the flight. Camping at the DZ. :)