RkyMtnHigh

Emerald Coast Beach Boogie - Memorial Day Weekend!!

If you haven't blocked out the time for this beach boogie, definitely do so!!! I went to it last year and Emerald Coast Skydiving Center in Elberta, AL (on the FL/AL state line) do an awesome job. There are beach jumps all day throughout the boogie and they are very reasonable in comparison to other beach jumps I've done. We land at local hot spots such as Lillian Pizza and Flora-Bama! They treat us like rockstars..shuttle service to/from the beach. We have every discipline such as RW, Freefly, CRW, Wingsuits, Swooping (of course)...everything over the Gulf of Mexico...absolutely beautiful!

swoopin the hottie chicks in bikinis at the bar is better.

OMG! Lots of that!!! however when Bolas and Payaso Rodriguez swooped the hotties naked last year, they covered their kids' eyes and RAN!!!:D It was Payaso's 1000th jump and Birthday celebratory jump! It's on video...some guy yelled from the patio "OMG! That's dude is naked!":D

I will see if I can make it, but I got a full schedule this year.

Geez Marks we're your freakin NEIGHBOR! If you don't show, then I'll have a crazy email campaignto drive you absolutely crazy...nah, really, you'll have the time of your life if you come to this boogie and WTF,,,,beach jumps kick ass!!!

Skygirlpc
psychobob
hushpuppy
johnny
rkymthhigh
ducky69
lauraliscious

I'll be there for sure! It's been on my schedule for an entire year...can't wait to finally jump the beach on my own and see all my ECSC friends again. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

What kind of aircraft will be there?

Right now it'll probably be the caravan but I am going to see if MD can get an Otter or the Caravan and the Porter.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Hey Look! My name is the first on the list! I feel am special! B|

:)
Edited to add: MD has the perfect van for you too. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Considering going ive got a few questions

Where should we fly into??
Where should we stay??

thanks in advance

Last year most people flew into Pensacola and stayed on the beach near the Bama. I can't remember the name of that condo right now... Johnny? You would probably know.

Bolas - I don't just ride the short bus I'm the driver! :P:D

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Considering going ive got a few questions

Where should we fly into??
Where should we stay??

thanks in advance

Last year most people flew into Pensacola and stayed on the beach near the Bama. I can't remember the name of that condo right now... Johnny? You would probably know.

Bolas - I don't just ride the short bus I'm the driver! :P:D

Fly into Pensecola (PNS) I think that half of the Pensecola Regional Airport Staff are all skydivers.
The condo next to the Florabama is the Phoenix X.
There are two more beside it, but I can't think of the names. I think one is the Flamingo.
Book through Brett Robinson Vacation Rentals.
Walking distance from the Flora Bama.
Sunset load to the beach, party at the bama and stagger, I mean walk, to the condo.
Sleep and repeat.

The condos are kind of pricy, but will hold a good many people to share the cost. If there are any left.
Most people camp at the DZ or sleep in the packing room.
So far I think that myself, Mike and Ashley will be getting there on thursday this year.
This will be my 6th consectutive year.

How do ya like it Johnny?

Just wandering... what are the actual dates? How much are jumps going to cost? How much is the registration fee and does it include anything? And last but not least, are there places to camp for cheap asses like myself that don't want to pay for a hotel? Thanks
TronX3rd is the craziest entity ever known to man and will be so impossible to handle, the only thing you can do is stand there in awe and say " Wow.That really is TronX3rd"

Just wandering... what are the actual dates? How much are jumps going to cost? How much is the registration fee and does it include anything? And last but not least, are there places to camp for cheap asses like myself that don't want to pay for a hotel? Thanks

From their website www.emeraldskydive.com

May 26 - 29: The ECSC Annual Memorial Day Beach Boogie! It should be a great boogie this year! $20 registration, $20 DZ jumps, and $22 beach jumps. We will provide transportation to the DZ from the beach. Make plans now to come out and help us kick off the summer with a bang!

There is camping at the DZ. It's not an expensive boogie. They usually even feed you lunch on Saturday.
I usually describe this as going to visit a friend at his house near the beach, and he has a turbine airplane in his back yard and he takes you up to skydive onto the beach in front of an awesome bar.
Its not your typical boogie.

***Hmmmmm...... (I'm Hmmmmm-ing over this one.. which means I'll probably come. We'll see.)

I'll buy you a Bushwacker at the Flora Bama if you jump the beach with me. ;) :)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***Hmmmmm...... (I'm Hmmmmm-ing over this one.. which means I'll probably come. We'll see.)

I'll buy you a Bushwacker at the Flora Bama if you jump the beach with me. ;) :)

I'll buy her the second one. Two, that ought to do it. They are really strong.