upndownshop

SkyFest 05 IS ON!

Oh no, YOU Mrs. Thang, MUST get your SCR!!!!! I promise to take care of you (in other words..when I got my SCR, the ladies of Spaceland had a warm shower running with soap & shampoo ready for me as soon as it was over).

It is an awesome experience! I will even stand behind you and tell you when it's safe to breathe!

:)

when I got my SCR, the ladies of Spaceland had a warm shower running with soap & shampoo ready for me as soon as it was over).

It is an awesome experience! I will even stand behind you and tell you when it's safe to breathe!

Ohh girl, you so just broke a couple of rules of the ceremony and after the fact... :P

First of all, we turn OFF the water heater and take all the towels!
Second, no helping the maggots, no no no ;)
maggot must take care of themselves, just like they did on their first 8 way.....

Ok I am really only posting because i wanted to check my sig. line but you gave me a great excuse!!

aggiedave
Amanduh
bclark
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA
blueskyserenity
Brains
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
chaoskitty
CSpence & The RoamingDZ.com
Douva
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
freakyrat
gemini
hippydiver
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
jumperconway
josheezammit
kelel01 (maybe)
missg8tordivr (maybe)
moonglo
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory
rastaricanair
Rkymtnhigh
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip
sum1mom
Thanatos340
Turtlespeed
upndownshop
Voodew1
weegegirl
wmw999
Yoshi

Added!! SAWWWEEEETTT!!

Marianne...I absolutely cannot wait! :):D

shhhhhhh shhhhh:P;);)

we are gonna have sooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!
I will get to jump..finally, jumping at SF what a concept?
I think i will organize some of the SCR's i need 14 more to hit 100 pre declared successful SCR's. I think I have more but i didnt start tracking them until 2002, so i went with what I can prove.

aggiedave
Amanduh
bclark
Beerlight
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA
blueskyserenity
Brains
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
chaoskitty
Douva
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
freakyrat
gemini
hippydiver
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
jumperconway
josheezammit
kelel01 (maybe)
Levin
missg8tordivr (maybe)
moonglo
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory
rastaricanair
Rkymtnhigh
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip
sum1mom
Thanatos340
Turtlespeed
upndownshop
Voodew1
weegegirl
wmw999
Yoshi

aggiedave
Amanduh
bclark
Beerlight
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA
blueskyserenity
Brains
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
chaoskitty
Douva
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
freakyrat
gemini
hippydiver
ifics
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
jumperconway
josheezammit
kelel01 (maybe)
Levin
missg8tordivr (maybe)
moonglo
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory
rastaricanair
Rkymtnhigh
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip
sum1mom
Thanatos340
Turtlespeed
upndownshop
Voodew1
weegegirl
wmw999
Yoshi

[

aggiedave 01,04
Amanduh 04
bclark
Beerlight
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA 04
blueskyserenity
Brains
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
chaoskitty
Douva
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
freakyrat
gemini 04
hippydiver
ifics
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
jumperconway 04
josheezammit
kelel01 (maybe)
Levin
missg8tordivr (maybe)
moonglo
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory
rastaricanair
Rkymtnhigh
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip 04
sum1mom
Thanatos340
Turtlespeed 04
upndownshop 01,02,03,04, will it ever end?
Voodew1
weegegirl
wmw999 04
Yoshi 04 (barely;)) no repeats

Ok folks I need your help for some much needed stats, please, please

We need to know who are repeat supporters of SF.
I added the year at the end of the names of the ones i know about. I am sure i missed a few.

Could you send me a PM with the years you attended and I will update the list at one time?????

This type of info helps assist in future planning and helps me with a prize ideal i want to do.

BTW SF started in 01, so I will always know how many years we have been doing this. ex. this is our fifth year and its 2005 (for those of you who may be fair to partly cloudy this morning in the brain) or my bad explaining.

Thanks everyone!

yeah for sure... well I guess if it tech. starts on thursday then I did a jump at skyfest...

wyatt will be back for his second year as well...

this time now down plane with three canopies...:S

-yoshi

yeah for sure... well I guess if it tech. starts on thursday then I did a jump at skyfest...

wyatt will be back for his second year as well...

this time now down plane with three canopies...:S

Yes but you hadn't registered yet;)
maybe you should make the third canopy the powered parachute, that way you can have a "go around"

BTW in the 4 years of SF:

over 10,000 skydives made

ZERO serious injuries (don't worry, no jinx, i say it every year, i think jerry takes care of the weather and the jumpers for us)

11 cutaways: 3 of the mains landed in parking lott.

$10,000 awarded in scholarships to a total of 33 upjumpers

So I must thank each and evey one of you!!
Its all because of YOU!

Well, I've been to two but jumped at one. I was at the Jerry Memorial Boogie at SDD that first year, met you and hung out for a while, but with my amazing amount of jumps and no gear I couldn't jump (it was too windy for SDD's gear rental, in which they have a 2mph wind limit or something like that).:P

I couldn't make the other Skyfests for various reasons, but I was there in force for '04. Even doing some tandems at the request of the DZ who was backed up with students that day.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, I've been to two but jumped at one. I was at the Jerry Memorial Boogie at SDD that first year, met you and hung out for a while, but with my amazing amount of jumps and no gear I couldn't jump (it was too windy for SDD's gear rental, in which they have a 2mph wind limit or something like that).:P

I couldn't make the other Skyfests for various reasons, but I was there in force for '04. Even doing some tandems at the request of the DZ who was backed up with students that day.B|

I do remember that! Boy that was a weekend, spent 6 months organizing a party (boogie) planned on making a ton of jumps. Friday i made 8 was planning to do 8 more on SAT. When the day came it hit me (really hard) , this isnt a party, i am burying my father. I made one jump on Sat and it was the ash dive, and really i shouldnt have, it was tough.
Damm i could have loaned you gear!! I would have taken care of you ...say with a Stiletto 120....you would have been ok ...everyone is doing it!!!!

Damm i could have loaned you gear!! I would have taken care of you ...say with a Stiletto 120....you would have been ok ...everyone is doing it!!!!

I was just a scared little newbie and didn't know who to talk to about that, so I hung out for a little while then wondered off. Which is too bad, I wish I would have known to talk to you about getting gear.

So the moral of the story is that Skyfest is all about the low time jumpers. If you have problems with getting gear and the DZ can't rent you a rig for whatever reason, talk to J and see what he can do for you before you discount the boogie for yourself.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

aggiedave 01 04
Amanduh 04
bclark 04
Beerlight
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA 04
blueskyserenity
Brains
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
chaoskitty
cloudseeker2001
Douva
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
freakyrat
gemini
hippydiver
ifics
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
jumperconway 04
josheezammit
kelel01 (maybe)
Levin
missg8tordivr (maybe)
moonglo
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory
rastaricanair
Rkymtnhigh
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip 04
sum1mom
Thanatos340
Turtlespeed 04
upndownshop 01 02 03 04
Voodew1
weegegirl
wmw999 04
Yoshi 04

BTW in the 4 years of SF:

over 10,000 skydives made

ZERO serious injuries (don't worry, no jinx, i say it every year, i think jerry takes care of the weather and the jumpers for us)

11 cutaways: 3 of the mains landed in parking lott.

$10,000 awarded in scholarships to a total of 33 upjumpers

J,

That information alone is so absolutely COOL!! What amazing accomplishments. The scholarship awards ALONE must make this whole thing worth whatever trouble and time you go through. I've seen those numbers on the website, but it's more "real" seeing it here in this thread, in our little community.

Very impressive. I challenge anyone to try and say it's not. How many other boogies can brag about those things? Better yet, how many do it for the skydivers, especailly the up and coming "future" skydivers?

I know your dad mut be very proud of you. :)
Now I understand what your sig line means... SkyFest: The Boogie that "Pays it Skyward"

Keep up the great work!! :)

Thank you, it means more than you know.
I cant take all the credit, we have alot of people in the past and some new ones that help out. SD Spaceland has stepped up this year and is really pitching in.

It does get really tough sometimes, but somehow come Sunday evening that warm fuzzy feeling hits your heart and it all becomes worth it.

People are safer, made a bunch of jumps, helped each other by sharing experiences and hopefully we have helped keep someone in the sport, even if it is just a little longer it makes a difference.

Thank you all and blue skies forever!

J

Okay now. Since there is a trend going of the positive outcome of Skyfest..I would like to share a little story. Last year was my 1st year to attend (being it was held at my home DZ) Not only did I win the skydiving scholarship award for FF'ing at Spaceland....But I had such an amazing thing happen. This is what skyfest is about, to the T. This is pulled from a post I made last year after skyfest.

Deva by far. Badass flyer, and also a kick ass gal! Came up to me out of the blue at Skyfest and took me on a chicky tracking dive (Presecond tracking dive!). I had honestly gotten a little 'down' because of all the fun things going on that I didn't feel I could do because of my low jump numbers / experience. I was watching everyone do all these fun jumps, and jumping out of helicopters, etc, and I couldn't. Was a little depressing. SO yeah, I Just really appreciated her reaching out to a new comer whom she didn't know. I told her when she approached me that I would love to, but I only had 39 jumps and I had never been on a tracking dive. She said, "That's okay, we'll focus the jump on you." SHe gave me a few pointers in the packing room and I really learned a lot from her! Then myself, deva, & megster went on our sunset tracking dive. I just thought it was really amazing that someone whom didn't even know me would go jump with me knowing I couldn't do anything really advanced, and we still had an amazing time! THANKS AGAIN GIRL!

Linked: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1251784;search_string=deva;#1251784

It made such an impact on me....I will NEVER forget that one jump...and those words "This is your jump"

And from another post I made:

"Everyone was really cool and open to jumping w/ us low-number jumpers."

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1163070;search_string=Deva;#1163070

Skyfest: Pay it SKYward!!!!

:)