base570

CSS anyone 2??

D1 has the entire poop, but here is the cliff note verson:

He hurt himself on a tandem, the student is fine, but he has something broken, possibly back, leg(s)... He is in the hospital up there in your neck of the woods. Her, Lyman, Nick, Renfro have checked in on him.

POPS 9993 out

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Hey,

I haven't heard any new news other than he was transferred from Louisburg hospital to Wake Med on New Bern Ave. We plan to visit tomorrow.

I was on the same load but didn't see landing. It was a level 5 student. From what others told me it sounded like a high(student initiated) flare followed by a stall before landing. OUCH! Jack was hurting pretty bad... student was stunned but OK.

Let's all pray for Jacks quick recovery!
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Jack's doing a lot better today. His pain is under control, and he can finally eat (they weren't letting him eat or drink since they kept thinking surgery was imminent, he was having MRIs and CT scans, etc.)

He's in SICU at WakeMed. He's having surgery tomorrow (Wed) a.m. to remove his fractured vertebra, decompress his spinal cord and rebuild that area of his spine. We'll know more about his road to recovery after the surgery.

I'll be there tomorrow from about 2 p.m. on, and will have my cell if anyone wants to call for an update. PM if you want my #.

Oh yeah - if you do go to visit him today, don't touch his legs!! He's having some neurogenic pain in his thighs/calves.

-D

Hey everyone. We went to see Jack at WakeMed this afternoon. I was glad that the staff wasn't adamant about the two visitors per ICU patient policy. Jack's friend Frank was there from Atlanta, and will be out at the DZ this weekend extending some help if needed. He's a very nice guy and has been by Jack's side. Renfro, Peter B. & Michelle, Eric Miller, and myself & Keith were all crammed into his room. He was really happy to have the company.

Like Dawn said, his surgery is tomorrow and will last approx. 7 hours. According to Jack they'll be removing T12 and rebuilding it by connecting T11 to L1 with some titanium rods. Thank you Dawn for offering to be there by his side tomorrow. Please call me if you want company or if you need anything.

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We'll be visiting him on Thursday and will post an update then.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

OuTEr FoCKER Out
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

Dawn, sorry I missed talking to you this evening ... forgot take my cell off vibrate. please keep us posted on Jack. I'm leaving to visit my Dad in the hospital and won't be back till Friday, then off to Raeford for the meet. I would like to try to visit. I'm glad you will be there for him after the surgery. Having Pam there with me when Stuart finished his surgery was a godsend. It was a very long night trying to manage his pain. If anyone can be there for Dawn that would also be a good thing.
karen

I hate to be the messenger of more bad news but I was just informed Pete Kimosh broke both ankles this weekend at Skydive Coastal Carolina. He is fine and in good spirits but out of the game for a while. Im sure he wouldnt mind hearing from some friends wishing him a speedy return to the DZ. --

On a little brighter topic Keith, Melissa, Casey. I was just sent a full refund for my jump at Deland last year. In the letter they very apologetic for my experience there.

Apparently they must have read my review of their dropzone.

I have to say that this has raised my opinion of them a little. Though I still would not jump there again without a team.

Have to say this was probably the last thing that I ever though would happen.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Hey all!

Give my regrets and concerns to Jack, and Pete, we are DRIVING to Iowa tomorrow (Thurs), be home some time Mon, then a demo in Southern Pines on Tues around 1800/1830 if anyone is around.

Good luck to all the competitors this weekend, eat/drink whatever you want in the house.

Hugs,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Dude, be sure you change your review accordingly (or add another one and delete the old one). Refunding your money because you weren't happy in general with your visit is pretty awesome customer service. Once a service has been given, there's not a whole lot a company can do beyond apologizing and giving you your money back. Often, the apology about having a bad experience means way more than the money. :)

lol I have seen evil Marion before and I don't want to see her again. Keep her locked up PPLLLEEAASSEEEE

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

what kind of refund are we talking about. Like they paid you back for you jumps or sent you the remaining $1 on your account!!???hahahhaha Just kidding I know you wanted that dollar back after jumping there. But in all reality, it really wasn't the dz that was that bad and maybe we just caught them at the wrong time but I think alot of it is that we are spoiled up here. It's the people who make the Dz not the owners and at CSS the people are why you keep coming every weekend when you only get up a few loads. Its the warm welcome you get even when its freezing or to windy to jump. We have great friends and people who welcome everyone first time jumpers or experienced jumpers just visiting. And we're there for each other, that's more important than anything else. We're a family.

I love you guys

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

I just got back from the hospital. Jack has had his surgery and is back in SICU.

Keep in mind this was very MAJOR surgery. They went in through his chest to get to his back, so now he has a chest tube to keep his lung reinflated/help with drainage, arterial line, etc. and he's being aggressively monitored as far as hemodynamics, labs, blood replacement, fluid levels and pressures, etc.

So far he's only letting me and Frank (his friend from Atlanta, who is awesome) in to see him. If you are planning on visiting Thurs, you might want to call the SICU nurses station or the ICU waiting rooms to see if he's accepting visitors so you don't waste a trip, if not. Possibly he'll feel better and will welcome everyone, I just don't know. I'll be there but can't talk on my cell in the unit - it "interferes with their monitors" :S.

(Oh yeah - did I mention that no one is allowed to bring cell phones into the loft? They "interfere with all of the Cypreses" ;):P)

At one point tonight Jack told me: "Don't tell anyone anything." So I'll leave it at that, except to say that we did talk with his neurosurgeon, who is satisfied with how the surgery went.

I'll try to give a fuller update when Jack allows.

Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes, and THANKS Emily for keeping me company - you rock! (Sorry you couldn't see him.)

-Dawn

Dawn, thanks for keeping us up to date on Jack's progress. Someone give Casey a big CSS hug...she sounds like she's feeling a little sentimental (j/k). In all seriousness to what she said, just compare this years 4th, and last years (Marion, Dawn, the lady who organized jump for the cause (sorry I'm terrible with names))…it just goes to show how some of us make such a huge impact on our dz (thanks). Anyway, if someone will come kidnap me from Athens I'll get some grilled bear...err...cold beer (sorry Yev + Marion)...and thanks E-roc for scanning that page from parachutist for me.
"I need some skittles!!!!!" - Hispa #63

Oh my god, David.

You don't miss us, do you???

If you do manage to make it back (good luck with that - seriously,) bring a sweater. The heat index is only supposed to get up to about 104 tomorrow .... wouldn't want you to catch a chill :D.

Oh, and along with your cold grilled beer bear or whatever, please pick up a stitch-picker at some WalMart along the way - thanks in advance.

Love ya,
D

Thank you so much for the updates Dawn!

I'm in Greensboro, so if someone could post or email or call (3369262105) to let me know when Jack is seeing visitors again that would be great...

...and thanks to eugene, harry and brandon for helping me give him that pre-surgery cheesecake party on tuesday night...it was awesome to see him laughing!

...whit
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

For those of you who don't know, Dave owes bear for having his picture in Parachutist! He's part of the rock solid base in the photo from the last Jive Jam. If you can't tell who he is, just look for the whiney uncolorful guy. Seriously, dude, congratulations- on the photo and your mad head down skillz. :)
And Dawn- we've been out of touch for a few weeks. I miss you.

Edit to add: Dawn, maybe this is a joke that went *whoosh* over my head, but do you need a stitch picker? I have one at home.

Hey Yev,

We'll be jumping jumping an Otter but missing the Crew at Css. Have a fun weekend ya'll, see ya next week.

See a couple of you on Friday though.
Dawn call me if there is any problems with this weekend. Love ya girl and give Jack a hug from me. See ya Friday

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

That was a great picture!

Marion: I miss you too. The stitch picker thing was a joke ... I think I've observed/helped David with enough repacks that I can consider him my "rigger bitch," don't you?

Damn, another bitch. I gots me a STABLE! B|:ph34r:

Jack is somewhat better today but he still doesn't want visitors (his nurses don't want him to have them, either.) He's a lot more "sick" than he was before surgery and he needs rest and calm. Probably people could visit tomorrow, when he might get his NG and chest tubes out. He's still kind of out of it because of all the drugs, etc. Just keep in mind that he's been through a lot and he's in SICU for good reason. If you do visit and he's sleeping, please please just let him sleep. Thank you!!

Love ya, Tess. We're still on for tomorrow night at Guido's. Just maybe give me a call from Raeford and lemme know your ETA so I know when to leave the hospital - thanks.

-D

Jack update -

He's doing better and will wecome visitors now! (Yeah, now that it's the weekend plus everyone's going to Raeford ... I told him his timing sucks.) He got a few tubes taken out and will possibly be moving out of intensive care tomorrow; going to a regular med/surg floor.

His vitals are a lot more stable, although his blood counts are down again and they were talking about more transfusions as I was leaving today (he lost a lot of blood during surgery, and has been receiving a lot of blood products.) He's using less morphine and is more "with it."

He got a brace, and could sit up with the brace on, but he can't actually wear it until he gets his chest tube taken out, which will possibly be tomorrow as well.

His neuro status is unchanged. He can move his right foot but not his left. His doctor explained today that he probably still has quite a bit of swelling in his spinal cord, so it's a bit of a waiting game.

That's about it. As ever, PM or call if anyone has any questions. (Right now I know a lot more than Jack does, which is one reason it's been important to me to be there with him as much as possible.)

Good luck tomorrow, all you teams!

-D