Daane

Eloy or Marana

Don't forget about Coolidge.

And Buckeye (Desert Skydiving Center), it has a nice view of the Nukes.B|

Did anyone else here ever jump at Charlie's, just over the canal at about 40th street north of Phoenix?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Go visit all the area DZs and find the one that fits you best. Everyone thinks that their home DZ is the best DZ and will tell you why, there's a reason why its their home DZ, they like it there best. A DZ 10 minutes away may have better facilities, more jumpers, larger AC, but at the end of the day if you're not happy at that DZ, then what does it matter.

Demo, demo, demo.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have to say eloy... i drove through the whole state visiting a bunch of DZ's. As long as you dont mind that its huge, got a pool and a whole lot of other stuff.. Marana is small and only had 182's when i went.

good luck and blue skies!!!

Dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I can't believe you are actually asking that question! Marana is a tiny DZ with a 182 and a gost like King Air feels like all is dedicated to tandems... and Eloy is Eloy... Skydive Arizona the best, biggest fleet of aircraft on the planet, the every thing you need... like no other place. I don't care what some people say, the crowd is very cool, friendly and... oh I forgot, did someone say skyventure wind tunnel?

Visit all the local DZ's and form your own opinion. Some are very "business" and others are much more "family-feeling."

Man, I went to Marana, once, and sure did not get the "family feeling"
unless you are referring to the time where my family... nah not going there.
I wanted to jump out of the fastest jump ship of the universe, and well, the only thing available was a 182 and lots of weird vibes.

/

I went to marrana to look the place over on a day we went to Eloy but the wind was to strong and gusty for my wife and I to feel good about jumping our lightly loaded canopys.(steady 17-18 gusting to more) First thing they did was try to talk us into jumping telling us we should be ok in the wind. I also didn't see the fastest jump ship in AZ as the yellow page ad mentions. When I asked what type of aircraft they jump there I was told cessnas. We left and most likely won't return.
James

Well, I drive right past Marana on my way to Eloy every time I jump. Last fall I had wanted to make more jumps so I decided to go out to Marana during the week and make a few since it's close to home.
I was promptly reminded why I don't jump there on a regular basis... granted this was a weekday, but there was NO ONE to jump with. It cost me $19 to go to 9000 feet with a tandem in a cessna. And then the clincher, no packers.
If you are a social person, and like to jump with other skydivers, Marana is probably not the place to go play unless they're having a special event. Of course, if your family is a ready made 4way, it might be perfect.
Yes I'm spoiled. I hate packing for myself. I'd rather go to 12,500 or higher in an Otter with a group of fun flailers than do a solo from a cessna for the same price.
Checking out all dz's and making your own decision is great advice. Try to check out Marana early in the morning so you won't have wasted too much of the day by the time you get to Eloy.... ;)
Hope to see you at Eloy...

I am doing Eloy firstime march 1st to the 8th. It's great
to hear all the good vibes about the dz & the people.
Damn it's worse than than waiting for Christmas day.

yeah, now that you have made the good choice, look us up and say hi when you get there.

Benji