Amazon

Lost Prarie 2004

Ok I have started my planning for my vacations this summer and since LP will be one of the highlights I thought it was about time for a thread.

I will be coming over for the WHOLE thing.. bringing my camper and my 25' boat so I can go play on the lake a bit and try to find the Lake Trout that the Montana game warden said got REALLY BIG. ( hey this is for early mornings since Mad Johns Almost Sober loads wont get off before 9 am anyway.)

GOOOOOD MOOORNING LOST PRAIRIEEEEEE

Its only a little over 4 months away so let the planning begin.

Choirs... time for any new songs EH

http://www.skydivelostprairie.com/pages/events.htm

Ill prolly still come out and stay with you. I won't be jumping, but i'll be happy to pack for some folks and do some fishing. Just cause i'm giving up jumping doesn't mean i won't come around for the par-tays.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'm coming!!! Yeeehhaaaaw.. and this year I get to drink at the bar too.

Can't wait to get drunk as hell then clog my arteries at McGregor lake resort.

Maybe jump into the brewery this year.

What beer war are you talking about? It has to be your second year there and you need a D liscense.. then they do a lottery system...

Unless your a shareholder:)
Larry Hill as a property owner at Lost Prairie got wrapped up in the neighbors/brewery bullshit who's selling beer to skydivers and wouldn't let the aircraft be used for the brewery jumps so he wouldn't be in the middle.Ended up being cessnas last year.I begged him at the at the Holiday Boogie to not let that happen again this year.I hope it gets resolved.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Maybe jump into the brewery this year.

Last year was my first year there yet somehow my name got on the List.. I had a chat with Mad John... realizing this was a very big deal there.. and declined.. I hope I get picked this year..since it will be my second year there and I have had my D for ... oh a while now.;)

Mmmm, LP. Oh how I can't wait until the end of July. Just a reminder to all who will be there this year...I will be the BirdMan representative again this year with a line of demo suits/tracking pantz and will be available for First Flight Courses, coaching and organizing some kick-ass flocks. So, if you want to fly at LP let me know. See ya all there!

(Oh, and guys...the cocks definately do NOT rock the house...) ;):P

Stacey
Rocky Mountain BirdMan School
BirdMan Instructor
[email protected]
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Oh I guess I can come out of hiding to keep this thread alive. I can't wait to make it out to LP this year. I had such a fantastic time in 2003. I'll likely be just short of 500 jumps by the time it rolls around so I really hope the D license requirement for the Brewery jump is reduced to a C as a result of the new USPA license requirement. Man I get a warm fuzzy just thinking about it. Anybody writing songs for the choir and/or chorus?

I sure hope it's not needed. Playing with friends is so much more fun. In fact I'd really like to know if there is anything we can do to keep this event more private this year. I heard last year the bar posted an add essentially inviting the locals to their own personal Mardi Gras and that a tour bus actually dropped a bunch of them off. I don't know this for certain. It's just something I heard. I think it would be great if we as a community let it be known that we don't feel good about the effect of the locals on OUR event. It'd be fine if they could come and be respectful but that's just not happening. I witnessed a lot of really bad tension and aggression on both ends. I genuinely fear that if it happens this year someone could get hurt. Anyone got ideas on what could be done?

Maybe a chat with Fred Sand the DZO at this time would be a good start. For the most part anytime you get that many people together and have that much after hours partying incidents are bound to happen. I would think there would be enough people using the facilities from the skydiving community that will be there without the need for a very small amount of people who seemed to have some other agenda.
I for one dont really need any further incidents of underage guys who obviously have no taste in beer at all offering me lite beer. The poor guys just couldnt handle the reality of a bottle of GOOD beer in each one of my jeans pockets under the sweater that was attempting to keep me warm in the chill Montana night air:)

I don't know how much of it really falls under the DZ. Certainly they need to be able to take in tandems and students. However if the bar is promoting the parties as open to the general public that should probably stop. Especially as the majority of the general public were under age kids many of whom were stealing from the campers. I think it might be a good idea if they were to handle it like the WFFC does. Everyone gets a wristband which identifies them as Jumpers and Guests. If they don't have a wristband then they aren't welcome. Of coarse this means we'd need some form of security to enforce it. Non-jumpers (excluding friends and familly of tandems and students) could pay a fee which could go towards paying for a private security person to enforce the rules and help keep the peace. I know it sounds dramatic but everyone seemed cool with it in Rantoul. And I'd hate to be the guy brought up on charges for teaching a whuffo to show a reasonable amount of respect for the people I care about if it gets rougher than it did last year.

We haven't been to LP since the 25 anniversery.

Prior to that we saw very few locals, Just some cute babes and a few pissed off local cowboy boyfriends.

The last year we were there the locals got a little rough. So that was enough for us after 3 yr's of fun and good vibes.

Beware tall guy some of the cowboy's have the right hardware to bring down elk, moose, etc. Of course some jumpers have the same stuff but whats up with that. First hand info

We heard a couple of years later about some of the locals had a "campfire" that got out of hand in the camping area. Grass fire. Thats second hand info.

The bar at the DZ is crowded enough without the locals. The randem local that stumbled in was bad enough.:(Sounds like someone may have a Tandem concession and inviteing the locals in for a Skydive :)
I was thinking about going this year but I think I'll pass after reading this thread.:(

No sweat I won't be missed, the tandem's would be.

R.I.P.

I was thinking about going this year but I think I'll pass after reading this thread.

Oh come on down.. its not anyworse than any other Saturday night in almost ANY bar.. at least what I saw.. anytime there is drinking and overactive testosterone mixing... things happen.. no matter WHERE it occurs. I am sure that almost every boogie I have been to a few people get carrid away...

You really do need to come on down I will protect you;)

Well there ya go Slug. With Amazon as your personal body guard you have nothing to fear. Besides even with the local situation it's still an amazing time and well worth attending. I'd really hate to think that anything I said would sway you to decide not to come. I think you did an excellent job of demonstrating the effect of the situation. If nothing is done more and more skydivers may opt not to return or come for the first time. I guess what I'm saying is that perhaps we should at least establish some sort of consensus/petition with the DZ and the bar that we want something to be done. I'm worried that I'm overreacting. Certainly with last year being my first year there. But as you stated and as I've heard from so many others this is a problem and it just isn't getting better.

Just in case anyopne else is reading this and deciding whether or not to come. Last year was the best time of my life. In my opinion even better than the WFFC. The jumps are a blast, the scenery incredible, the side activities will make you feel like a young kid again, and the sense of community and friendship is like nothing I have ever experienced. I hope that if you are the type of person that can appreciate that kind of environment you will come join us there this summer.

I was thinking about going this year but I think I'll pass after reading this thread.

Oh come on down.. its not anyworse than any other Saturday night in almost ANY bar.. at least what I saw.. anytime there is drinking and overactive testosterone mixing... things happen.. no matter WHERE it occurs. I am sure that almost every boogie I have been to a few people get carrid away...

You really do need to come on down I will protect you;)

Hi Amazon

Thanks for the offer can I wear a sign "don't hurt me or the big lady in red" will kick your butt.

Getting carried away at boogies:o You bet happens all the time, helicopter rides to the hospital, falling into the fire, mass consumption of mind altering substances.

From what I hear the WFFC isn't in Quincy anymore because someone let the locals in for some extra $$$ (tandems) and free labor.

BTW the first year we went to L.P. a local and his girl friend wandered into the bar at the beginning of the boogie.

When the cowboy came out of the little boys room he was surprised to find a naked skydiver (guy):)
He wanted to fight The lady bartender who could be amazon's big sister stepped in and kicked the guy out. His cowgirl stayedB|. The legend of "naked mike" was born.

My DZ.com name is slug but my DZ name is R.I.P. just to let the folks at L.P (hi fred, larry) , the party on canucks etc know I really exist.

R.I.P.

It's actually only a couple of nights out of 10:P. And like a said I may be overreacting. In fact I hope I am. So tell ya what... I'll drop it. But if there is worse local trouble this year your name needs to be the first on the petition for the next one. Deal?