lukepinion

Winter Sucks!

I live in Wisconsin and the DZ is closing VERY soon... I wanted to start a discussion for all the summer deprived skydivers out there! I know it sucks and i'll have to make a trip or two down south to the closest open DZ, while i'm anxiously awaiting spring. I'm interested to hear any other comments about the cold......

Yup; I live in Wisconsin, too. Winter does suck. Every time I go to class on Monday, my friends ask me how many jumps I did, and this will be the second week in a row that I'll have to tell them I didn't jump. [:/] I think the weather's better around here (Madison) than down at SDC. Maybe I'll have to visit a different dz next weekend. Too bad I don't have a car...

(I think this should be in Talk Back.)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Well..I live in finland, so the winter is here too...
Our plane went off the insurance about couple of weeks ago, but it feels like ages !
It'll be back in feb. 2003, but it's still winter,
-15...-20 deg. celcius on the ground, yeah, it's cold, but we're jumping, at least some hop n' pop's...:S
Altough I'm a big fan of snowboarding, the winter still sucks big time !

In Buffalo we had an unusually warm weekend allowing us to jump on Saturday. That was the good news. The bad news was that the ceiling was 4000 feet, so it was mostly hop'n'pops. It's also probably the last weekend the Terminotter will be around.

Looks like time to schedule the warm weather winter vacation.
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

Maybe I'll have to visit a different dz next weekend.

Did that yesterday. The local dz closed 3 weeks ago. I needed air so bad, I just had to drive to the nearest open dz. Great weather, too.

Y'know, I used to like winter. Snow, snow, snow! Now, I either need to learn to ski, or go south for awhile. Oh yeah, I am going south for awhile! Arizona! Woohoo!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

My my , All this complaining about winter , come to SUNNY South Africa , The dollar and pound are worth a small fortune here, plus the added bonus of jumping in Cape Town(only thing cold about CApe town is the Sea)........

Summer is here,wish you were gr8
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."

Hey, dumpster! My condolences about being stuck at work today. It's supposed to be a high of 46F today at Sky Knights....where I'm heading in a few. ;)

As for winter jumping in Wisconsin, yes, it definitely takes a hardy individual to do it plus the right clothes (long underwear, turtleneck sweaters, gloves, glove liners, full face helmet), but it's better than being stuck on the ground. :)

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.