billvon

USPA election candidate opinions

>And did you look at Our (not their) Governance Manual and confirm that there
>is any section which compels them to edit a candidates statement in any way?

Nope, in fact I am sure there is not, just as there is nothing there that compels them to put photography in each issue of skydiving.

>Or is the fact that Larry says so enough for you?

Why yes, it is, unless you come up with better evidence (i.e. post the part of the governance manual that says that they cannot fix misspelled words.)

USPA Governance Manual
Section 3-1.2.D.3.d.
All statements by the candidates themselves will be printed exactly as they are submitted ...

USPA Governance Manual
Section 3-1.2.D.3.e
Because of the significance of these biographic presentations , any deviation, however slight, from the requirements contained in this paragraph, such deviations necessary to meet printing production requirements, must be approved on an item-by-item basis by the Committee Chair.

Any questions as to the Rules?
"Treetop"

I do know something about English grammar , spelling ,and punctuation.

:)

Hold on for a minute Jessica, I think we're going to get the answer to another question that no one is asking. It's a shame. I thought the "Ask Questions" would apply to everyone. Let's see...what was that question? Oh, yeah...why doesn't he post the original?

Fourth time, I think, Donn....

Why don't you put the statement up as you wrote it?

As you stated that you don't trust me, If Iwas to post it would you trust me to post it exactly as submitted?

But you trust USPA don't ya?

LOL!
Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings Michelle,
for you and yours,
"Treetop"

PS. I don't have a misogynistic bone in my body!

Treetop, there is a fairly quick way to begin to get out of this hole you've dug: post the original statement and quit dodging questions, answering the questions already submitted.

Quite frankly, it seems that your argument is like a house is made of cards and if you reveal your original statement it will collapse.

By engaging our forum in the manner in which you have, quite quickly you have made yourself look like an ass and are quickly turning voters away from your platform.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

OH! And as for the full of shit comment, it may be that I am "full of shit" because I have made an honest attempt to swallow what you're feeding us...B|

And I am so sorry for making such a crass comment amid skydivers!!!
My most sincere apologies, Michelle. I mean what if we had been around the campfire and I let that comment slip?
Not to make excuses but I can only state that I am not used to this forum.
I should have replied;
You ,Madame, are factually incorrect.
I did answer Brians questions. I also provided him contact information if he would like to immediately direct my attention to his concerns.
I also answered directly the inquiries of Tom Buchanan, Paul Quade and others.For you to state otherwise seems to be a character assasination or possibly ,as so often is the case with the ladies and occasionaly even the men, a sexual infatuation.
In either case ,
Madame, I believe that you are factually incorrect.

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings Michelle,
for you and yours,
"Treetop":)
So how did I do? Is that correct enough to post here?????;)

For you to state otherwise seems to be a character assasination or possibly ,as so often is the case with the ladies and occasionaly even the men, a sexual infatuation.

That has to be the most obsurd thing I've heard you say since I quite reading wreck-dot.

By engaging our forum in the manner in which you have, quite quickly you have made yourself look like an ass

My Dave! I am quite shocked at your statement!
Where are the moderators, the meanie greenies? What happened to the dignity of debate , you know Sir,.. and all that other shallow emptiness of fake cordiality,
If I didn't know better I would think you are displaying a moment of un-political corectness!:)

So maybe you should take a little time in the "time out" room and I'll answer your questions when you can present them in a manner which dosen't exude such "hate".B|

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings Aggie Dave,
I hope you get help with your aggresion problems,:)
"Treetop"

You have done nothing to justify the moderators, nor HH to take action, since you have abided by the rules set forth in our on-line community. Notice that my statement was not aggressive, it was an observation of your attitude in this thread and in previous posts over on rec-dot. You may be a great guy, in person, I can not say one way or the other, for I have not met you personally; however, I have this thread to show your online personality and from my point of view, you're making yourself look like an ass. Clear and simple.

So maybe you should take a little time in the "time out" room and I'll answer your questions when you can present them in a manner which dosen't exude such "hate".

Ok, so you're implying an immaturity of character since I am still in college, fine you are free to do that, that is your opinion; moreover, after rereading my post, I saw nothing in which elluded to any form of "hate."

On another note, "Sir" has been apart of my regular vocabulary since I can remember. My father, having been a Colonel in the Air Force, it was ingrained at a very very young age; also after 4 years of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, it is very much apart of my daily vocabulary, not merely a "shallow emptiness of fake cordiality[.]"

Once again, you are asked to post your original statement.

Once again, you are asked to post your original statement.

He can't or won't. He has been asked numerous times, and he refuses to do so. He won't put his integrity on the line, nor put his honesty to the test. A pity, actually, but not unexpected.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I think this ones been beaten enough... let it go. He's clearly lost a few votes here since he's showing the type of stuff that he posts on Rec. all the time. I just went and changed my ballot thats hitting the mail tommorrow.

You know I have this funny mental picture of that crazy person every town has. You know, the one that calls the police because the street lights turned on 2 minutes later today then they did yesterday and its got to be a conspiracy to do something.

I'm wondering how much of the USPA's (and therefore our) time and money has been spent on arguements over things like changing a letter from a capital A to a lowercase a since its been edited and other things that have no real effect on the fun jumper or even the day to day business of the USPA.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Phree ,
Sometime soon you'll be made aware of just how much of a fool you are today.
Not just you,
the rest of the cast as well.

When any Governing body doesn't abide by their own Rules of Governance , but instead intentionally and with fore-thought disregards their own rules of Governance you are left with a Tyranny.

You get out of it what you put into it and as of yet not one of you have agreed or accepted that my statement was edited in violation of our Rules of Governance.
Further, not one of you has directed an Inquiry to HQ to view my statement as originally submitted.

All of you have been just too damn busy clockin' me to look at the truth that is way larger than I . You certainly haven't been investigatin' any Truths about your Own Association!
You won't even admit that Our Rules don't allow any editing of a candidates' statement even though that is easily verifiable and in Black and white.

Laughing,
You all disgust me. I don't want your sissy ass votes.

Keep your "sissy" comments to yourself around here and you might not find yourself permanently banned. That being said, keep a civil tongue around here or carry your rant "back across the street."
-Chuck Blue

Treetop,

Please re-read the Forum Rules (Forum Rules), I do believe you've really crossed over them on this one.

Yes our community takes some flak for having rules and moderators to enforce them, but it keeps it much more civilized then wreck-dot, allowing good discussion without the needless flaming.

You know I have this funny mental picture of that crazy person every town has. You know, the one that calls the police because the street lights turned on 2 minutes later today then they did yesterday and its got to be a conspiracy to do something.

Yeah, Phree...every village needs an idiot....

You may have that mental pix, but I can't help but hear that old song in my head "I see your true colors, shining through....". It is, after all is said and done, most excellent entertainment!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Treetop,

Please re-read the Forum Rules (Forum Rules), I do believe you've really crossed over them on this one.

Yes our community takes some flak for having rules and moderators to enforce them, but it keeps it much more civilized then wreck-dot, allowing good discussion without the needless flaming.

Tell me have you even looked at the Governance Manual?
Do you have even the hope of a clue?Sir?
"Treetop"

I'm wondering how much of the USPA's (and therefore our) time and money has been spent on arguements over things like changing a letter from a capital A to a lowercase a since its been edited and other things that have no real effect on the fun jumper or even the day to day business of the USPA.

Yeah, what the hell...it's just business as usual anyhow. Ask Bob Ingoldsby.

FYI check out http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3A03CD61.E3422369%40spurgeon.net
then dig up a November 2000 issue of Parachutist and see what they ran as his statement.

It may very well be that Don's been a bit too vocal in his indignation, but I for one appreciate it. There are far too many USPA members who don't understand that USPA has 2 sets of rules...the ones other people must comply with or be punished and the ones they can comply with themselves, if they feel like it. For what it's worth, I'd bet it was just grammar and punctuation changes they made to Don's statement, however this problem came up two years ago (as is clear in the two references). Instead of someone changing the rule in the interim, they just ignored it again. In my line of work, if we have a procedure that doesn't match how we do a certain task, we either change the procedure or we change how we do the task. What's the purpose of having rules you don't follow?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Actually, yes I have looked at the Governance Manual, I think you're assuming a bit much about me on your part.

This individual thread has died a slow and painful death due to your insecurity, unwillingness and seeming inability to post your original statement or even answer direct questions. This and your sexually harrasing statements towards Michele has taken DZ.com to a new low; your posts alone have reminded me why I quit paying attention to wreck-dot-skydiving.

Well, if anything I can be assured that you have lost many votes through this thread, which is sad since this site could have been a great tool for you. No where else in the world are more skydivers and more USPA members gathered in one spot and easily reached.

I expect this thread to be locked before too long.

Yeah, Phree...every village needs an idiot....

You may have that mental pix, but I can't help but hear that old song in my head "I see your true colors, shining through....". It is, after all is said and done, most excellent entertainment!

So any way,
tell me Michelle, Have you taken even the first glance as to verify the Truth of our Governance Manual?

"Treetop"

Actually, yes I have looked at the Governance Manual, I think you're assuming a bit much about me on your part.

This individual thread has died a slow and painful death due to your insecurity, unwillingness and seeming inability to post your original statement or even answer direct questions. This and your sexually harrasing statements towards Michele has taken DZ.com to a new low; your posts alone have reminded me why I quit paying attention to wreck-dot-skydiving.

Well, if anything I can be assured that you have lost many votes through this thread, which is sad since this site could have been a great tool for you. No where else in the world are more skydivers and more USPA members gathered in one spot and easily reached.

I expect this thread to be locked before too long.
If you read that section and didn't realize that fact I guess you'll be spending quite a bit more time as a student:)Sir.

"Treetop"

"Because of the significance of these
biographic presentations, any deviation,
however slight, from the requirements
contained in this paragraph, such
deviations necessary to meet printing
production requirements,
must be
approved on an item-by-item basis by the
Committee Chair."

This allows for the statement to be made fit to print, assessed on an item by item basis.

Please refrain from questioning my intelligence.

Once again, I ask you to post the original statement.

With out your document, all this discussion boils down to is our questions and your inability to responsibly answer. Thus a one sided flame war coming from your side of the screen.

You think you know what you're talkin' about but you really have no clue.
If you had read section 3-1 of Our Governance Manual it would be obvious to you that no editing of the candidates' statements is allowed.
If you read that section and didn't realize that fact I guess you'll be spending quite a bit more time as a student

We know you are telling the truth about the Governance Manual. Nobody has questioned that the Manual says that statements must be printed exactly as submitted. Some of us might even believe that your statement has been edited, but your childish refusal to post your original statement or even a specific example of how it was edited only serves to hurt your position.

"Because of the significance of these
biographic presentations, any deviation,
however slight, from the requirements
contained in this paragraph, such
deviations necessary to meet printing
production requirements,
must be
approved on an item-by-item basis by the
Committee Chair."

This allows for the statement to be made fit to print, assessed on an item by item basis.

There you go Sir,
Just ask Madolyn which items she approved to be changed on a "line to line basis".
This will be "Most Excellent Entertainment".
Get right back to us now sir,
heah?

No problems. It's obviously not a question!:)
"Treetop"

If you posted the original document, then it would give me something to compare to the published verison.

Quite using a red herring, that fallacy is not overlooked here and I would like you to answer the original question.