Delivery times

Javelin/Javelin Odyssey - 16-18 weeks
Vector 3/Micron - 12 weeks
VooDoo/Talon3 - 8 weeks
Wings - 8 weeks
Infinity - 4-5 weeks
PD canopies - 10-12 weeks
Icarus canopies - 10-12 weeks

Please don't bitch out your gear dealer if the delivery time changes after you've placed your order. Gear dealers can only quote what the manufacturer has told them, and the manufacturers don't always keep the dealers up to date with this info, especially when it's changing day to day as it can do during this busy time of year.

Delivery dates as provided by the manufacturer are estimates, not guarantees. Shit can and does happen to delay production on occasion and your dealer can't do a dang thing about it. Nor can your dealer "pull strings" to put your order ahead of someone else's, which is what has to happen for your gear to be ready prior to the stated estimated ship date.

If you gotta have your gear by a certain date, order it at least 2 weeks beyond the longest quoted delivery time - i.e. if you gotta have a custom Sabre2 on May 30th (14 weeks from now), order it this week. It should be ready to go around the beginning of May, which allows a couple of weeks for screwups. If you wanted a custom Javelin or Odyssey to go with that canopy it's already too late once you've added on the shipping time.

Just an fyi from your friendly neighborhood paraphernalia dealer. B|

C'mon Lisa, dish! What knucklehead did you have to hang up on and how did the conversation go?

"NO! You have to get my gear NOW! I'm going to Puerto Rico and I sold my old rig cause YOU said my NEW RIG would be READY! WAH!":(

C'mon C'mon C'mon!

:ph34r:

Add: Precision Aerodynamics Canopies 4-6 weeks
Aerodyne International canopies 4-6 weeks

And way to go Kelly! Infinitys are a damn' good rig, at a damn' great price! And he's fast? That guy is superman! I'll bet he swoops real nice too! B|:ph34r:

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The quickest production time seems to be at the end of the skydiving season, in my experience. Orders I've placed at sunpath and PD in September or Oct have quoted production times of 10-12 weeks and usually I have had the gear in 6-8 weeks.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

And way to go Kelly! Infinitys are a damn' good rig, at a damn' great price! And he's fast? That guy is superman! I'll bet he swoops real nice too! B|:ph34r:

counting the days til i get mine! and i only put the order to my dealer on sunday:) not to mention the free rig you get with the $1299 t-shirt.!

I am very close to ordering my Infinity. It's good to know the turn around time is so quick. Not that I can use it when I get it (missing a reserve and a cypres still), but it's still nice to know.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

My Wings rig was done much faster than the PD Spectre I'm putting in it.

I'm not complaining. I think ordering when the PIA conference is in the middle of production is a mistake. The whole industry seems to shut down.

And when they get back they're all hungover:P

I'm looking forward to getting my Infinity. I wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't think it was a great container.
But I'll point out that delivery times do vary a bit. I ordered it on Dec. 6. That's almost nine weeks and I'm still waiting. Compared to other Mfgs shipping times, it's still early, though, so it's not like I'm suffering. The holidays, and then PIA both slowed things down some. which goes back to the original post. Things can happen to delay shipment.
Having said all that, though, I'm close to snapping and attacking the next UPS truck I see! :)
Blues!
Luke

Thanks Lisa!

If you're looking for faster production times, order during the Summer. You'll probably get your gear faster than you would in the Winter/Spring. Some manufacturer even run special deals during the slow times to help drum up business, so you might even save a little money! (like PD rebates, etc)

And I agree with Lisa, plan ahead! Don't think "well, production time is 8 weeks and that boogie is in 8 and a half weeks, so I'll sell my rig next month and I can jump the new one at the boogie!"

That's just asking for trouble ;)

blue skies,
Heather

waiting and waiting... yeah i'm waiting on my new infinity to come in too! the sooner the better... but for all those guys anxious for your rig... remember its too freakin cold right now to jump anyways!:( (well at least for all us north of the mason dixon line)
..counting the days till spring...
blue skies,
kel

Javelin/Javelin Odyssey - 16-18 weeks

Really? They gave me a 6-8 week estimated delivery time, and I received it in 8 weeks.

Getting sick of people complaining about not getting stuff, huh? :P Sometimes people forget that skydiving manufacturers are different than your local Ford dealer.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Really? They gave me a 6-8 week estimated delivery time, and I received it in 8 weeks.

Ah, but you ordered and received it several months ago. Delivery times were around 8 weeks for Sunpath back in October/November. It's February now... that's like comparing apples and oranges. ;)

Just got a confirmation for an Odyssey ordered on January 15th; it's due to ship out the last week of April. That's about 14 weeks. I'm kinda curious to see the actual delivery times on the ones I ordered in the past two weeks.

Getting sick of people complaining about not getting stuff, huh?

No, actually this post was a preemptive strike. :ph34r: Delivery times always stretch around this time of year, and this year seems to be worse with PIA and at least a few large military orders in the pipeline. Wanted to warn anyone thinking about ordering gear soon that it could be dang near summer before they get it...

October/November. It's February now...

Ha! You're right! I can't believe I got it over two months ago. I feel old...time goes too fast! I am glad I ordered it back then, however.

Wanted to warn anyone thinking about ordering gear soon that it could be dang near summer before they get it

Don't worry...they'll still complain.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

When I worked at Deland we were able to "pull strings" to get rigs bumped up in production...we didnt do it often, but you can do it if you need to.

I have a problem with doing that. Bumping one person's container up two weeks means that several someone else's will be waiting longer for their gear. Why should 5-10 people have to wait an extra week because one person didn't plan ahead or is incredibly impatient? That's just rude, imho.

If you can't wait the length of time being quoted for what you want, order something that offers a shorter delivery time or don't buy custom. Seems pretty simple to me. And most importantly, like I mentioned earlier - if you need your gear for a specific time frame, order it waaaaaay ahead of time. This is especially important for non-Americans planning to pick the gear up on a trip to the US. It's far better for it to be sitting on a shelf for three weeks waiting for you to arrive than for you to be stressing over it arriving before your flight home!

BONEHEADS............................Now-2weeks YEA BABY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY LISA, Have the customers call the manufacturer......

"Hi I ordered a .....(fill in the blanks) .....10 weeks ago when will it be delivered?"
"Uh, who did you order it from?"
">>>>>(Dealer Name)
"HOLD PLEASE"

tick tock tick tock.........................

:ph34r:

Jeanie

~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

I got my icarus main from the time I ordered it to the time it was in my living room was 3 weeks and 6 days... I thought that was awesome.. my pd reserve took about 5.5 weeks and my oddyssey is running about 10 weeks right now and still isnt here.. they today is the expected delivery date though..
-yoshi

I got my icarus main from the time I ordered it to the time it was in my living room was 3 weeks and 6 days... I thought that was awesome.. -yoshi

Same experience with Icarus: ordered it 29 days ago and it's here. Very nice!:)

S-P
===========================