Luza

Good reasons to skydive...!???!

Why?

Out of the whole philosophy that I have to, and can, do a lot of things most people can't even dream of. Skydiving, racing, travelling lots and lots...

...Because sitting at home, reading books and educating yourself just for the hell of it, is a thing of the past... Time to see the world! And to experience what it's like to risk your life. To throw away the notion of God from your mind, to be the master of your fate.

...To feel that you're ahead of the others, in a sense. This sport is still so young and new, you feel yourself on the cutting edge, like an astronaut or a scientist. Again, in a sense.

...To let others play golf and watch baseball and ask questions about the perfectly good airplanes.

I believe my ultimate experience will be BASE. And maybe skiing or mountaineering (it doesn't have to be extreme all the time, after all.). But BASE is... Id say Freedom in the absolute degree -- when you know dying is an option, a very probable one, but you won't regret... in your - what, 20? 40? years you'll have accomplished more than most whuffos will in their whole life.

So this is the vague image, a sketch of the answer to your question.

As a conclusion, I'll place my two favorite quotes here.

"One might say they have no respect for life. I would say they have more respect than someone who doesn’t know what it’s like to risk it. It’s easy to fear or ridicule something you don’t understand, to say "These guys are crazy, they have a death wish". I probably would have agreed with you not so long ago. So stay ignorant if you choose, or open your eyes to those that truly live and choose to fly."
- Megan Mansbridge, A Different View

"BASE. How to ride it through!?! Every moment, thought and breath. Then the moment approaches. Position and poise. Survey the panorama. A cliff top or a German village. Each one unique as a star. Draw "it" in the breath. It is now. Embrace with vigour and passion. Launch up and out - hips high and forward. You're suspended in space, momentarily defying gravity..."
- Trevor Yates. Died BASE jumping in April 2000

Your sense of what's important becomes sharp and real. Priorities reorganize themselves, and you become, for a brief moment, whole and complete.

You see things utterly and totally differently. The perspective you have enlarges, widens, and becomes more encompassing. There is an acceptance of self that comes with dancing in the sky that cannot be found on the ground.

You begin to understand that some limits are self-imposed. Those limits shatter, and you see colors more brightly, shapes more sharply, tastes more fully. You start to see what you are truly capable of, if there were nothing holding you back. For if you can fly, what else can you do if you tried?

You reach down into yourself, and bring your core being into the world while in the air. There is no past, no future...just now, pure and simply now. Time both speeds by and slows down, balanced gently on your wrist. You are immediately, if only briefly, what you want to be.

You are allowed to feel like you're 6 again; grinning, jumping, dreaming, flying, chasing birds and touching wind. You are again without burdens, playing in the summertime, laughing out loud and feeling everything so intensely...

My thoughts. Not ten, but the ones which move me.
Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

statistics prove that the majority of people who die in airplanes do so when it hits the ground; I didnt wanna stick around and find out!:P

:D landing with the plane would have to be a damn weird feeling!!
Was the last one in the plane on the last jump (closest to the door) so was kneeling for takeoff and have you any idea how weird it feels to be facing forward instead of backwards!! was damn weird! :D

Here's a quote that was just posted in Talkback -- it's nigh onto perfect as a reason (of course, it was written by Carl Jung, and he did know a little bit about people B|)
Thrill Sports

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

statistics prove that the majority of people who die in airplanes do so when it hits the ground; I didnt wanna stick around and find out!:P

Get this; I JINXed myself....

today was the first time ever that I rode the plane down[:/]
we got to altitude and the ground winds were 40 mph.[:/]
in the 3 yrs/ whopping 210 jumps that Ive been jumping I never hadda rode the plane down until today....just hoursa after I posted this post...
(it woulda been the first load)[:/]

but I landed safe and can try again tomorrow:)B|B|
My photos

My Videos

While slipping from a strut of a Cesna at 10,000' going 100 mph, it is impossible to stress over your stupid stressful job, the war, or what your wingnut family is up to. If, by some chance, you can, you sure are not going to be able to while tumbling out of control on a 120 mph collision course with the ground.

but, but, he's a giant chicken!

Cos I needed a break from the ex girlfriend, and its the best way to put the world in perspective.

LOL everything seems so small from 13.5k!!;) Physically and mentally!!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Man,, 'cause you can!

all you have to do is give 'em your $$, they give you a parachute (they almost always work) , the plane ride is free. woo-woo

why would anyone want to go whitewater rafting? I mean, what is the point? unless you get off the river everytime you finish the rapids... carry your raft back up the hill and then do it again, and again, etc...

Ugh, sounds like a lot of work to me. Packing is a lot easier!!! ...and you don't have to get wet!
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

skydiving is better than sex... ok, so maybe not better, but its the only thing comparable...

i made the mistake of telling a friend that just so that i could get my point across that skydiving was awesome, he hasnt let me live that one down thats for sure... but i did convince him to try it so it workedB|