Yoshi

I got my coach!

Well, this weekend I took the coach course and passed! I can't wait to take some students up. I remeber how exciting it was in my first 15+ jumps to see another person in freefall (I got my licence via static line) and I cant wait to see the expressions on students faces when helping them learn how to fly their bodies.

Thanks to all at Jerry's Skydiving Circus (Franklin, IN) for being so welcoming. I had a great time there and I plan to visit more often this summer!

-yoshi

the pond is pretty cool, although I think the "exit" point could be shaved down a bit to make a smoother transition from water to land...but I guess a few years ago the dzo allowed a couple guys to swoop it after many many times of badgering him to allow the pond to be swooped...then they BOTH pounded in and I think one of them got hurt, so since then the dzo wont allow it... I know its a privately owned airport, so the owner prob has some say in it also.
-yoshi

I did find the landing area a little small compared to some other dzs, but the truck that came and picked everyone up on EVERY load was nice (even though the landing area isnt all that far away from the hanger)

as far as the coach rating it doesnt look to me like there is a spot for it in the profile... is the profile still structured off of the bic?
-yoshi

I have personally seen the video of the pond swoop that ended all pond swoops. It looked pretty bad.:( If you guys ever come done there again, just ask to see the video of Mikey Mann's pond swoop and I am sure someone will try to find it.

After that incident, Richard(the DZO) said no more, but thats not saying that he can't be convinced otherwise.

-Sam-

Let go of the NUT!!

personally I dont have the skills honed yet to be attempting pond swoops on every jump.. (maybe here and there when I feel really comfotable) but not all the time... I would, though, like to see it open for people who want to attempt it..
maybe this will be the season:)
-yoshi

hey congrats of the coach rating. coaching is fun, but SL instructor is even better because you get to throw the students on their first jumps! those are the ones to remember.

my personal favorite is a kid doing his first prcp and when he went to put his hand above his head he actually hit himself in the face. hahah it was hilarious and he didn't even know it. he had a bump on his nose.

congrats again and also you'll notice how it makes you a better flier in return

chris aka flash
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

congrats on your new rating!!

take your time and be careful. studs will surprise you when they do stupid stuff up there so watch out for yourself. but you'll enjoy chasing them around the sky especially when they back loop or something after you've completed your docks and you chase them down to break off altitude because they accelerated so fast below you. it will make your abilites improve and you will learn to be "very aggressive".

have fun, be safe!!

jg

Actually, the DZO had said that they weren't going to allow it before Mike Mann did his graceful assault on the edge of the pond, but due to bugging and him being in the right mood that day, they got to swoop it. Of Course Mike's funny landing definately didn't help the case of anyone else in the future who might want to try to convince him to allow it.

Incidentally, Mike's landing was video'd and looked bad, but he wasn't hurt at all.

:)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

well any time you are out there let rich (I think thats the dzo) know that there are a handfull of peeps at richmond that would prob make the trip up to swoop it if it was allowed:)
-yoshi

Congrats Yoshi!
Just went through the class myself and still have ta teach a FJC before getting the rating,, also planning on getting the IAD rating,, really enjoying working with students,, can't believ how much it has taught me!
Again,, Congrats bro..

Natural Born FlyerZ.com