Mad47

Impact of skydiving on your regular life

Today I discovered a new form of influence of skydiving on my life. I just gave one hours presentation of annual progress at work that went very well. The funny thing is that while practicing the talk I caught myself thinking: "it is going be a piece of cake, just dirt dive it well and visualize on the way to the conference room" .... ;);)

Mad, that's awesome, good work.

I'm a novice, and have no clue how much, if any an effect skydiving is going to take on my life in the future. But I can tell you already that after just one jump, everything in life seems smaller/simpler/easier, and I can't stop looking at the sky. :D

Ah, I can't wait for the weekend.

Keep up the good work, Mad. (Don't wanna be out of a job-no money to jump!) ;) Peace

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Impact of skydiving on your regular life

I spend all my time staring at the clear blue skies above me instead of working :(

but am taking a long week-end and am going to the DZ tomorrow!B|

Oh - and none of my wuffo friends even call me when the weather is like this!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

My concentration at work is shot, my finances have taken a severe beating, and I spend just about every spare moment skydiving, or thinking about skydiving.

In short, it's completely screwed up my life, but for some odd reason I'm really happy about it. ;)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I drive by the exit for the DZ every day, twice a day. I'm always looking off the highway looking for snippets of canopies or a glimpse of the otter. When i look up at the skies i cant help but think "HELL YEAH, IVE BEEN THERE AND IM F***IN DYIN TO GET BACK" sounds corny but thats how i feel...

Blue Ones
KAI

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Ever since I started skydiving, that's all I can think of. I mean no shit, there is not one day I do not think about flying... I even sometimes stick my head out the window when I commute to work in the morning:P
It has really put things into perspective for me. I am so much more peacefull now that I ever was. I used to let little things irritate me. But now I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. I love the fact that when I leave the DZ at the end of the weekend I have a stupid smile glued to my face for the rest of the week!!! Skydiving is one of the best thing that I have ever done.

"We see the world just the way we are...

I was broke before I started jumping....

Here's something I wrote about how I felt when I first started jumping...
Weekday Musings

And I still feel that way.

I am doing things I never would have thought I was capable of - being in Parachutist this month, for example - and I've discovered that my way of interacting with the world - my perspective, I suppose - is fundamentally changed...for the better.

It's difficult to define, in a short post, what has changed. I think "almost everything" might be a good summation ;)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Can't say that I am broke. But over the years in skydiving, I have definitely taken steps to increase my income due to skydiving.

Now, it's a no brainer... I just make enough extra to handle 80 jumps, or so, per month and the rest is normal income. If it happens to rain a lot, and I can't get the full amount of jumps in, I just invest it into my gear, courses, and other skydive stuff. :D

Works quite well actually.

I caught myself thinking: "it is going be a piece of cake, just dirt dive it well and visualize on the way to the conference room" ....

I've done the same thing!!! It works! I've also caught myself getting pissed off at someone around the conference table and actually looking down at the edge of the table and visualizing jump run (like spotting out the door). Then I smile, and take on the fight because I know they whuffo across the table being a dick/dickette has never seen/done what I've seen and done in my little piece of the sky. In short, it helps me regain my self-confidence when it slips...

:S:D:o

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

[QUOTE]my finances have taken a severe beating[/QUOTE]

LOL, at first I thought that said my fiances have taken a severe beating. HAHA! :D

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

It is an all consuming passion that will take up most of your spare cash, spare time, and decrease your desire to do anything else!

I've been at it for 25 plus years and I still can't get enough:)
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

Wow - skydiving has changed my life so much, it's hard to know where to begin. Ok, in everyday life, I'm...

- more aware of my surroundings
- more assertive and confident
- more willing to "stop and smell the roses" and I now realize that some battles in a hectic life just aren't worth fighting
- more willling to leave my comfort zone

I notice dangerous situations more frequently (and realized how dumb I was to ride my bicycle by myself in Atlanta traffic everyday!)

I realize that through teamwork, commitment, and determination - just about anything is possible.

I understand the impact of actions more clearly.

I realize that we are able experience all of these modern pleasures (skydiving, A/C, electricity, medicine, flying, computers, internet, ec.) because of the innovators that came before us - and we (today) have the chance make a difference in the future.

Janet

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" -- Isaac Newton

www.skydivemonroe.com

Here's my $2.00 worth...

Driving :-
Going through intersections, check peripheral vision and prepare for evasive action (grab rear risers and check sky on opening) :)
Sex :-
You can never dirt dive enough (sometimes I even use BOTH hands!) :$:$:$

Work :-
I have no problem approaching superiors with ideas (like asking the DZSO for permission to do something new) ;)

Money :-
Every dollar spent on a house or a car could be better spent on more freefall time (you could always live at the Dropzone, and parachutes are warm to sleep in) :ph34r:

Friends :-
Huh?? You don't jump? We'll have to do something about that - now learn to pack my chute so you can afford to come jumping! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Broke, oh yeah:ph34r:

Before I started jumping, I defined my self by my job and income.
About the time I got my solo and bought gear, I realised that I now define my self by what I do when I'm not at work, and that my income is only relevant to whether I can jump as much as I want to. My job and income no longer define my worth. My passions do.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I am still a student, but I'll be able to pull in my A-license by the end of this summer. I was going through life in a half-dazed manner. And sky-diving changed all that, I have something to look-forward to every weekend. If I miss sky-diving on a weekend the next week is hard to get thro. It has improved my confidence level. And it has given me one incentive to work hard, so I can jump comfortably...

I moved inland from a coastal city, i'd never felt more closed in. I sat around for months all bummed that i couldn't surf anymore...then a friend convinced me to do my AFF...in short it set me free again.

Reading everyone's replies has made me feel incredibly good this Fri morning and it gives me a huge sense of pride to be a part of this incredible global community!

keep charging all.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky