Bolas

Have you ever done a naked Jump?

Naked Jumps are an inherent part of Skydiving Esprit - They are almost an initiation into the intermediate skydiving world. Part of the reason it has become traditional to do it on your 100th Jump is because of Air awareness and ability to deal with extraordinary circumstances being easier. Also its rather liberating, crossing over a line of convention is partially what makes skydiving so special.

As for what happens to the 'equipment' don't worry about it. It'll be there when you land, just make sure those leg straps are nice and tight.

Blue Skies and warm weather!

Brad.

NO....and I think it is stupid to do so. No other sport in the world degrades their activities with such lewd behaviour

I don't know if this post is tongue in cheek or not, but that's certainly not true. Kite buggiers do this quite often (There's even a 'Buggy Naked' pin out there that many have received for 'joining the club')

http://www.reckites.com/naked/

Cool pin, I think.
---
Michael Teator
Lexington, Kentucky

I can't do the whole naked jump thing. Too many Sasquatch sightings any time I take my shirt off.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

its not tongue in cheek...its a disgusting reflection on skydiving. Why are so many skydivers bent on showing how indecent they can be. do you not have any interest in projecting a decent image to the public.

I once jumped wearing a kilt at a demo. It was 80 degrees on the ground and 36 degrees at altitrude. I nearly froze, but becaue their was thousands of people waiting for the drop, I wore a red bathuing suit under the kilt. Even if there had only been one person, it would have been the same.

Some people have morals and pricipals. I am one of them.

I love em! We have a "team" by us.. I don't jump with them all the time, but they do at least 1 a month and I believe they have been going strong for about 2 years... and we jump year 'round! We don't pie people for their naked jumps though... Something about that whipped cream smell in the hard to reach spots really kinda turns me off. It's hard enough to get that smell out of your hair and clothes!
If I had wings... I would fly...

its not tongue in cheek...its a disgusting reflection on skydiving. Why are so many skydivers bent on showing how indecent they can be. do you not have any interest in projecting a decent image to the public.

I once jumped wearing a kilt at a demo. It was 80 degrees on the ground and 36 degrees at altitrude. I nearly froze, but becaue their was thousands of people waiting for the drop, I wore a red bathuing suit under the kilt. Even if there had only been one person, it would have been the same.

I suppose your definition of morals doesn't include a sentiment of not chastising people that participate in virtually harmless activities that dont diminish their own "moral" values. :P
------------------------------------------------
"Matter fact go and get your chrome, cause I'd rather be, broke thogether, then rich alone."

I don't see how it is immoral to jump naked. I don't think it is digusting at all. If you don't approve, well, who cares, really? Just don't go watch. I'm very comfortable with my body and just because your moralness wouldn't do it doesn't mean anyone who would skydive naked is digusting.

BTW, do you really feel that we have some duty to project a clean image of skydiving? I mean, how about other sports? Do they have a bad name because some people do them naked? http://inlineskating.about.com/cs/nudeskating/

Hey, look.. a nude sports website..
http://www.nudistsportsnetwork.com/ I guess all sports on here have a bad name, too, right?

How about those who skinnydip? Does that give swimming a bad name? How about nude beaches? Guess those who go to nude beaches make all sunbathers look bad, right? How is it any different if some people want to skydive naked, how does that make anyone who doesn't look bad?

sheesh!
Angela.

>its a disgusting reflection on skydiving.

Why? We do nude jumps most years at WFFC. We get our own plane and generally land out so no one sees us and is offended. Why does it matter what you're wearing when you are with like-minded people?

>do you not have any interest in projecting a decent image to the public.

I think a nude jumper landing 1000 yards from a spectator makes a much better impression than a drunk skydiver stumbling through a party tent at Rantoul - or a hook turner breaking his pelvis. In all cases - hey, the 'spectators' knew what they were coming to see.

>Some people have morals and pricipals. I am one of them.

Do you wear clothing in the shower? What if someone saw you there?

Lots of sports have clothing optional activities. Skiing, running, etc..... I agree that any innocent civilians should be warned in advance and all steps taken to prevent people from being inadvertently offended.

But to imply that those who participate in those activities are without morals and principles? I'd agree with you if you had stated some of us have different morals and principles, but simply doing something without clothes doesn't mean the participants are hedonistic cretins.

Two cents worth from a one jump (so far) wonder.

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

I agree, if there were young children around then that is a very poor image to potray. However, if they say ahead of time and all is aware, then what is so wrong with it. You choose what you see and what you do. Besides Adam and Eve ran around naked with no care or worries about it until they ate from that apple...

"its not tongue in cheek...its a disgusting reflection on skydiving. Why are so many skydivers bent on showing how indecent they can be. do you not have any interest in projecting a decent image to the public."

OK, I do agree to some extent after viewing videos of naked people in freefall, that at times, it does not portray a pretty or "decent" sight. B|

However, that being said, we are all skydivers here. Not only is our sport supposed to be based on brotherly and sisterly love, but what harm is there in a little nudity?

We do jump out of airplanes for fun and excitement :S, we tend to be more of a rowdy bunch (many of us-just a generalization) and most of us like finding new and improved ways to entertain ourselves.

I always said the most dangerous skydivers were the bored ones with lots of time on their hands. This sport is not for the weak at heart or the non-adventurous in my humble opinion.

The beauty of characters that this sport attracts is unique and special. And many skydivers enjoy that experience and the experience of jumping naked.

I don't believe nudity itself is indecent nor do I think naked skydiving is indecent. If people are willing and having fun and not hurting anyone, so what?

I personally have never done a naked skydive (intentionally-see my most embarassing moment in skydiving thread) and don't know if I ever will. There is only one instance I could think of off the top of my head and lets just say it would be a planned "special" circumstance with a "special" someone and not just with anyone.

Kind of like getting a tattoo ... You don't do it that often but when you do you are pretty choosy and don't do it all the time.

I did a lingere jump once with two girlfriends that was televised on Evening Magazine, a local show in Monterey, CA. Someone asked me why I would portray women and skydiving in such a demeaning light? Heck, I didn't see anything demeaning about the video at all. There was nothing distateful about us being in lingere, we all looked pretty darned good and were having fun living outside of the box.

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I read your bio...just curious...Where does the 'Big Unit' go during terminal? And does it stay there or flap around causing extreme discomfort? I gotta know before I try this.;)

Obviously you havn't seen the naked German skydiving video floating around the net! hehehe >;)

----
----
Everyone who lives eventually dies, but not everyone who has died has truly lived.

is there any way to combat the willy flapping? maybe taping it to your chest or summit? :D

Chest??? Wow, if it reaches the chest, better make sure you tape it well, because THAT sucker could cause damage!

----
----
Everyone who lives eventually dies, but not everyone who has died has truly lived.

Everyone's got moral and principles. The only difference is some peoples' belong in a cultural museum.

[I]"And if you'll come over here, children, you can see the display about the prudishness of the 1950s. The 50s were an amazing time in our recent past. It's when women were subjugated, gay people and ethnic minorities were lynched, jazz and rock & roll were considered satanic, and intellectuals were tormented for invented political accusations. Can any of you say the word, 'uptight'? I knew you could!"[/I]

First Class Citizen Twice Over

"And if you'll come over here, children, you can see the display about the prudishness of the 1950s. The 50s were an amazing time in our recent past. It's when women were subjugated, gay people and ethnic minorities were lynched, jazz and rock & roll were considered satanic, and intellectuals were tormented for invented political accusations. Can any of you say the word, 'uptight'? I knew you could!"
--

...And if God wouldn't have meant for us to skydive naked,

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I read your bio...just curious...Where does the 'Big Unit' go during terminal? And does it stay there or flap around causing extreme discomfort? I gotta know before I try this.;)

That could be a rough cutaway. Better to tape your package up under your chest strap. I'm pretty well hung and I always throw it over my shoulder and keep it tight under my container.