futurehighflyer

OMFG!!!!!

Just wondering .....has there ever been a jump where you were just like "OMFG, this is so f#$^ing awesome:), I feel sorry for the wuffos:P!!!, " and gave you that feeling where when you think about it you giggle with excitment and want to french kiss everyone on the jump when you land?A kindof high? What , when, where?

and none of those "every jump" answers.;)haha thanks

-AJJJINGTON-

OH YES! Just last week in fact, I did my first 3 way horny gorilla! I think I musta kissed everyone on the ground after that, i was exstatic! Plus I stood up my landing, which I know to most here that is no big deal, but to me, being at jump #26 it was an awesome thing, cuz it still isnt happeining that often...:S

hell yeah dude. Every freefly jump I've done so far has been fucking mind blowing. To think that its this great and I havn't even jumped with other people yet, only done a few solos. I can't wait for my first freefly dock. Fuck yeaaaaah.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

My first jump back after 2 years!!!! Just about didn't get on on the plane I was so scared. My JM (wonderful guy) told me "Quit your whining and just get on the plane"...lol. Said it would get me over my hump. He was right!!! When I landed there was a Cushman load of people waiting for me, landed right next to them (even planned on it...lol). The person I could get to gave me the biggest hug and congratulated me and I almost started crying. Absolutely my best and most memorable to date. I could have kissed everyone I saw after that, but only kissed one ;).

Just wondering .....has there ever been a jump where you were just like "OMFG, this is so f#$^ing awesome:),

:)The jump wass from our Navajo (all previous jumps were from a 182) altitude was 14000feet (prvious were 10000)the exit was different and I was all by myself.
It took 3 attempts to exit, I was shitting myself, I launched out the door like a bullet, took about 1000 feet to get stable, did a couple of manouvres (everything I'd been taught so far), checked my alti . It was still at 7000, so I though hmm what to do.
So for the 1st real time I looked at the ground, I mean really looked at it. I was Directly over the Cross, and I watched it gfetting bigger and bigger and bigger. I dumped at 3500 flew around abit and thought "THIS IS THA SHIT":)12 months later and 160 jumps and It's still my most favoured jump and still makes me smile wide.:)Jump 7 was the jump that got me hooked;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just wondering .....has there ever been a jump where you were just like "OMFG, this is so f#$^ing awesome:), I feel sorry for the wuffos:P!!!, " and gave you that feeling where when you think about it you giggle with excitment and want to french kiss everyone on the jump when you land?A kindof high? What , when, where?

and none of those "every jump" answers.;)haha thanks

-AJJJINGTON-

February 14 1981 (1st jump), Indiantown, Florida

never pull low......unless you are

Anytime I do something whacko!

Tube dives (wagon wheel, ferris wheel, call it whatever) - spinning liker a gyroscope hanging on for dear life knowing Neither of you have the slightest idea of altitude ... except that it's "enough"

Properly trashing my main ... I mean end cells touching-pilot chute inflated in front of me - falling down an elevator shaft kinda scared trashing (WARNING!! do not try this at home - I fly a big boxy 7 cell reserve design that, despite this abuse, re-opens but only with 4 or 5 cells at first :o:o)

Low pull. Welllll, not THAT low. Cyprii would not have been scared. Following a kick ass hybrid 2 way ...stretching to reach that last point... low breakoff ... normal track.... Enter the pattern right after you pop your brakes... carve a 180 (same big 7 cell) and land 5m from the cookie!

Yes, it is a high. No, I don't care to die. That would ruin the high.

Remember kid's swing sets? Used to get stoked getting weightless :)

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

My last jump at the WFFC. There was a five hour weather hold. Everyone stood around gazing at the sky. Finally, the clouds broke some and we climed on the otter.

The pilot was carving around some clouds at around 5,000'. The door was open, yet the sweet smell of a fresh rain emminated through the cabin. The sun was setting and rays of sunshine passed upwards through the clouds as beacons of direction. Everyone was quiet.

As we continued to climb, the mood was somber. We looked out the door and below us was un upside down rainbow. We turned to point it out to our fellow skydivers forward; but they were already looking out the window in quiet awe.

Everyone looked at each other in the knowledge that this was one of those sights and smells that so few get to experience. No. We did not think about the whuffos.

We were engrossed in that moment in time. Engraving it in our memories for life. It will probably be, for more than one, the very last thing we think about before crossing over.

On my last jump the dive went well (9th consol) and I was under canopy at 4k but still above cloud. This was the first time I had been under canopy above cloud and I shit myself a bit at first, then I seen other canopys spiralling down through the only hole in the cloud. The sight was amazing and to think all my mates were sitting in a pub while I was in the sky surrounded by big fluffy ones

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

This was not one of my jumps, but I wish it had been....I was in the stands at the 1995 rugby world cup final at Ellis Park - Johannesburg. The atmosphere in the stadium was electrifying as SA finally won 15-12 in extra time. It was a truly magnificent, nation building occasion, complete with Nelson Mandela arriving in a Springbok rugby jersey - it was awesome!

Two minutes after the final whistle with a (very patriotic) crowd celebrating like you could not believe, a skydiver flies into the stadium, and 70 000 people ROAR him in as they see his banner reading..... "Congratulations South Africa" !!

The timing was perfect as was the banner - probably the best reaction to a demo I have ever seen!

(PS: The skydiver was Ricci Bucceri - just before taking off for the jump, he had to decide which of two banners he was going to put on - one said Congrats to New Zealand and the other to South Africa - with the score still at 12-12 during extra time, he eventually decided to go with the SA banner - luckily it turned out to be the correct decision!)

Wait till a sea fog comes in while you're in freefall :S to leave complete cloud cover at 700ft!! Thats scary.

Anyway, I think the jump where I had that feeling most was on a 3 way. We got through our 5 point sequence when we all just seemed to forget what came next. I ended up rolling onto my friends back and falling off, one guy started cracking up and went unstable then because of that he nearly forgot to track off. That was a fucking funny dive for some strange reason.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

I did a birdman jump recently where the Skyvan pilot pushed the speed up to 130 knots for us to try and get above the plane on exit. Once we got down I just couldn't stop grinning and giggling like a little girl - what an awesome jump. There's some video here (600k).

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Has to be running the length of the skyvan then diving out of the back and briefly into the dead air. What a sensation.

October 11th is when i start my AFF course and my goal the 1 thing i have wanted to do since i was a little kid is exactly what you described above
so hopefully within a few years i will have been fortunate enough to have done that

what exactly is a "horney gorilla"?

Its when 3 or more get in a group sit fly with your legs intertwined hold on at arms and jump...it goes really fast and sometimes spins pretty viloently...alot of fun!