The111

Fair price for balloon jumps?

I've been searching for a DZ near me that I can do a balloon jump (I want very badly to jump into still air). I finally found one with some coming up, but the price will be $75-$80. Is this a fair price? What are some prices other people have seen?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

A price is what someone charges.

A fair price is what someone willingly accepts to pay.

Since there is no "need" to jump and certainly since no one is holding a gun to your head and making you pay that price -- if you don't like the price -- don't jump.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

While quade seems to have taken you quite literally, I take your question to mean if that is an average accepted price. Typically balloon jumps are $75+ In my opinion, they are worth every cent. My first ballon jump was my greatest rush since my first jump.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

While quade seems to have taken you quite literally, I take your question to mean if that is an average accepted price.

Thank you.

I do understand how capitalism works, Quade. I'm actually a large advocate of it.

Another related question... how high is an average balloon jump?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Depends on a lot of factors, fuel, loading, weather, etc. I would say 3-5K. I dont think I have heard any 'amatuer' balloon jumps above 5 or so. My first one was from 3, and I think I like it better that way. You get a falling feeling and some ground rush...pretty cool.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Depends on a lot of factors, fuel, loading, weather, etc. I would say 3-5K. I dont think I have heard any 'amatuer' balloon jumps above 5 or so. My first one was from 3, and I think I like it better that way. You get a falling feeling and some ground rush...pretty cool.

Hmm, I would hope for at least 4k. My hard deck is 2k. If I jump from 3k, wait for terminal, then deploy, I'll be deploying MAIN at my hard deck. And I definitely want to wait for terminal. So I don't think I'd go any lower than 4k. 5k would be perfect.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hmm, I would hope for at least 4k. My hard deck is 2k. If I jump from 3k, wait for terminal, then deploy, I'll be deploying MAIN at my hard deck. And I definitely want to wait for terminal. So I don't think I'd go any lower than 4k. 5k would be perfect.

You might wanna check Section 2 of the USPA SIM for the altitude at which you need to deploy.

If you still only have an A License, then your minimum deployment altitude is 3,000 AGL.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't know where you are located, but during the last weekend in October we are having the annual balloon boogie at Skydive Hutchinson, MN. As of last weekend we had at least 10 balloons signed up to fly and I think slots are $65.

Karl
Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998

Last time that I remember, they were $75 at Carolina Sky Sports. Of course, it's a balloon pilot that's independent of the DZ, so he/she sets the price, I imagine. I didn't do one. The helo jumps at Orance, VA, though, were $30. I did one of those from 4500.

I'm guessin that $75 is reasonable for a balloon jump.
Crazy Ivan and the Crew (2005-2006)
Team Insane (2004-2005)
Insane in the Airplane (2003-2004)

I've been searching for a DZ near me that I can do a balloon jump (I want very badly to jump into still air). I finally found one with some coming up, but the price will be $75-$80. Is this a fair price? What are some prices other people have seen?

At my DZ, balloon jumps are Can $100.00.

;)

Yves.

I have over 1000 hrs flying balloons. You are getting a very good price, but I would suggest that you tell the balloonist, once you have landed, you will drive to where the balloon lands and help him to pack it up. That kind of help is very much appreciated by the pilot....it is a lot of work especially if he doesnt have many crew.

.:ph34r::ph34r: