Tonto

4000 Dives...

I did my 4000th dive today!

It was a Birdman rodeo dive with my GF, but other dives for the weekend were AFF, Tandem, freefly and a nice 8 way!

I got horribly pied, and will be picking bits of cream out of my ears for a least a week.

So... next weekend I need to write those double zero's again... and I'm on my way to 5000!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

What sort of CI are you.
You spend far too much time jumping and not enough pissing people off and ordering them about

:D:D:D

Congrats dude;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Big Congrats, I hope that some day I can be there too :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Dude!

I am having fun... and learning new stuff. The more I jump, the more I realise we're all just beginners.

The staff at JSC are really fantastic, so they chase the errant skydivers around. I just smile and nod!

t

Thanks to all for the congratulations!

I can honestly say I never thought that skydiving would dominate my life the way it has. The time on the ground, the people I've been lucky to meet and bitching about the weather mean just as much as the dives.

I guess I'll just keep going!

t

:D

Yeah! If he'd carried on like that for another week...
he'd have been really tired!
500+ in 24 hrs is awesome! Johannesburg Skydiving Club did 100 jumps in 12 hours for 4 jumpers earlier this year, so I know all about the packing logistics!

The jumps are a poor measure of the time spent, the places seen, the experiences shared. I'm looking forward to the next jump! Been a day already!

t

F*ing SA bastards are stealing all the blue skies. It's been more than three weeks for me >:(. You jump pretty much all year around, yeah? Any seasonal differences with regards to jump frequency?

I bet the Americans are doing their part of Blue Sky stealing too. Grrr.

When I become dictator...

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

F*ing SA bastards are stealing all the blue skies. It's been more than three weeks for me >:(. You jump pretty much all year around, yeah? Any seasonal differences with regards to jump frequency?

I bet the Americans are doing their part of Blue Sky stealing too. Grrr.

When I become dictator...

at least we in the uk dont hog all the blue sky's... but then again we dont see much of it anyway at this time of the year

You jump pretty much all year around, yeah? Any seasonal differences with regards to jump ?

In the interior the only real difference between seasons is that it gets very cold in Winter (by our standards of course!). Given that JSC is at about 5200 asl the temps at altitude can really bite, but the skies are mostly clear. Towards late Winter/early Spring (August - September) it can get extremely windy.
In Summer we have frequent late afternoon thunderstorms which may interfere with the odd sunset load. But yeah, mostly the weather is fine for jumping all year round. B|

PS. Well done on the 4000, Tonto!;)