dkf1979

skydive aircrafts

Does anyone know a good link to see different types of aircraft used for skydiving? I only have 3 jumps (4-5 jumps after this Saturday), and I've only jumped from a Cessna Grand Caravan (cargo) and a C-182. I couldn't tell you what a king air or a twin otter even look like. Any good links for pics and specs?
http://bodypilot.bounceme.net

There is an excellent book published in Austraila. Written by Gerard Frawley. Title is "The International Directiory of Civil Aircraft." It lists most all aircraft produced and shows allot of planes used as jump planes. It isn't very expensive, maybe $18.00. You can pick it up at Borders.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

King air

Otter

Which is which is self explanatory
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Does anyone know a good link to see different types of aircraft used for skydiving? I only have 3 jumps (4-5 jumps after this Saturday), and I've only jumped from a Cessna Grand Caravan (cargo) and a C-182. I couldn't tell you what a king air or a twin otter even look like. Any good links for pics and specs?

I just go to http://images.google.com/ and type in the name of the airplane. Works well.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

It was owned by Jerry Jacquin (of Skydive Illinois). Rented to Sky Knights in East Troy, WI this summer, blew an engine, sat on the ramp for a couple of months. The story that I heard since then is that the bank took the plane back after Skydive Illinois closed down and it has been repaired and sold to a cargo operation.

At Aggieland we are jumping a Beech 99. A good description is if mated a King Air and an Otter. Todd

man, that sounds like potentially the best jump plane crossing ever!

if only the result was something the size of the Otter that climbs and flies like the King Air...:)

soon to be gone

It only has PT6 - 20's on it so we limit it to 14-16 depending on temperature, but it has 22 jumper belts and the weight and CG can handle it. If it ever gets a -27 upgrade it would really rock. It would be fast than a Super Otter. I actually landed with the plane. That thing lands fast. Of course the biggest thing I have flown is a 182 and the other jump planes I have landed with (Otter, Carvan, etc) land at much slower speeds.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

Huh. Newbies. Back in my day we couldn't afford aircraft. We had to blow ourselves to altitude with dynamite.