skybytch

2004 SIM

yeah that's me... did my 5 first jumps in the US and then continued in switzerland. Was nearly 2years ago, so I don't remember everything of what I heard tose 2 days... (15 and 17 may 2002) BUT I still remember the things that can save my life :P
I don't think that to know what a SIM is can save your life :)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I downloaded and printed the PDF. I'm reading parts of it during my commute.

I have 22 jumps (one a tandem) and don't yet have my A license.

I got the SIM because I need information to get both my license and a good basic foundation for learning more.

Like skyyhi, I ask questions of my instructors. Both reading and asking directly are helping.

If you own one, post your jump numbers and why you bought it (ie for general knowledge, working toward a license, working toward a rating).

Hey, thanks for the reminder. Just downloaded and printed the updated one here at work.

I owe one because I like to know what's going on with the changes and training. Also, I can't always remember what it all says and like to have it as a reference.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm an instructor and S&TA. I have owned a SIM for as long as it has been produced. It's important for me to have the latest information at my fingertips. I often use the SIM to answer questions, then recommend the person asking the question obtain a copy for their own.

The SIM is easily available as a bound purchase, free download, or as a review copy at just about every drop zone.

Tom Buchanan
Instructor (AFF, SL, Iad, Tandem)
S&TA
Author JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Yes I own a few....

I was dissapointed in the last version I bought 2001.
I believe..They left out Study Objectives for each license.
Not to mention its now a Spiral type binder..

I preferred the 3 ring type that away you could always add updates if needed...
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

I'm not a USPA member, but a friend I have is. I've had a glance at her SIM, and will be looking at it in a lot more detail soon.

So many aspects that are "thumb suck" here are in the 2004 SIM, like starting camerawork, etc.
Truely a valuable doc - for all skydivers, everywhere.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

260+ jumps. I was required to buy a hardcopy of the 2003 SIM last year for the coach course. Having the 2004 SIM on-line is extremly useful. Not only can I see the latest information, but I can search through text using the browser's search capability.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I bought one last year, and I bought one this year!

I have about 65 jumps. I bought it because its winter here, and with all the snow I can only sit by the fireplace reading something! It was either this, or another one of those Tom Clancy books!:P

Being a beginner, I feel this the Sim has lots of important information for ME to put into my little brain so that I'm a safer skydiver!!:)

Listen to Mjosparky. He's been around and knows of what he speaks.

3300 jumps, SL/JM, IAD/JM ( when we had real jumpmasters), SLI-IADI-TandemI-AFFI, Rigger.

SIM and IRM are in my bag and my car.

Everyone who works towards their "A" should own a SIM. With the ISP incorporated you can keep your instructor/coach honest by studying ahead and knowing what you are supposed to know or at least be taught.

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8